PDA

View Full Version : Well this sucks. PSU doesn't work for my PS3.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Apr 17, 2009, 10:25 AM
Yea I even downloaded some thing that let me play PS2 games on my model of PS3. I swear unto god getting a PS3 was probably the biggest mistake ever. I knew I shoulda gotten a 360 but everyone kept telling me about the foul Red Ring O' Death. Megh, I seriously shoulda not listened to em. Oh well. Consider this thread a note that AotI and the regular PSU doesn't work with the PS3 system. And that SEGA hates us filthy Western dogs. And invest in a XBox360.

Chuck_Norris
Apr 17, 2009, 10:32 AM
You got the wrong PS3. PSU works fine on mine.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Apr 17, 2009, 10:45 AM
>.> well that blows chodes. Maybe I haven't installed it or something rediculously stupid. But its really lame that the newer models shafted the PS2 capabilities.

hewitt
Apr 17, 2009, 10:49 AM
I have the 80G, and it works fine. ;D

fay
Apr 17, 2009, 11:00 AM
choosing a playstation 3 over a xbox 360 was always going to be the wrong choice :P

the red ring has happened to a lot of people but its takes ages to happen. its happened to mine but my psu time count is at almost 1800 hours. thats not including the time from the other games i played over the year etc.

take it back to the shop. if you just bought it you should be able to do that.

waits for all the ps3 fans to attack...

Sano
Apr 17, 2009, 11:08 AM
>.> well that blows chodes. Maybe I haven't installed it or something rediculously stupid. But its really lame that the newer models shafted the PS2 capabilities.

Blame those retarded people who complained to SONY saying:

"We don't want PS2 compatibility! If we did, we would just play our PS2!"You should have asked the person selling the PS3 to you if it was PS2 compatible... BUT... you CAN still do something about this. When did you buy your PS3? If it was really really recent, you can return it and get full refund IF the person selling it to you didn't mention it not being PS2 compatible.... shit, you can just even lie and say he/she didn't mention it lol. If you do that and get your money back, you can always look on eBay for PS2's that have the feature and buy it from there ^^.

@Fay: Untrue. My friend played his 360 about 20 times total over a 6 month period and he got the red ring.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Apr 17, 2009, 11:11 AM
It was 3 months ago that I bought it. I do believe I have the 60. But I'll double check on the PSN to see if there is anything I can do about it. But I guess I could always just BUY a 360. After all I got a mess load of money saved up. I mean, the PS3 can't be all that bad, neh?

Sano
Apr 17, 2009, 11:20 AM
Well the question really is: Do you already have a character from playing on PC/PS2 or are you starting up for the first time?

-Aurora-
Apr 17, 2009, 11:27 AM
if you gotten the 40 gig ps3 then it won't work period. if you gotten any other ones like the 60 or 80 gigs then it would work fine

Alnet
Apr 17, 2009, 11:38 AM
I have the 80G, and it works fine. ;D
Same. I think the only PS3 that still plays PS2 games is the one that comes with MGS4 as a bundle, right? I got my PS3 before then, but that seems to be the only way to get that model of PS3 anymore.

So if you plan on keeping a PS3, you may want to have that one returned, and then get that one instead. It's the one with 4 USB slots and SD/Memory Stick readers.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Apr 17, 2009, 11:40 AM
Screw it. I just decided to avoid the hassle and just go PC. My craptop can handle it. I mean if it can handle some of the high end F2P games then it should be able to handle AotI. The question is do I need to buy the first PSU and then AotI or can I just buy AotI stand-alone. I don't wanna go through the hassle just to play one PS2 game. Frakkin SONY.

Exploited
Apr 17, 2009, 11:41 AM
There are 2 different kinds of Playstation 3

Cheap runs software emulation and the Pricer uses hardware emulation to play PS2 games.

You want the PS3 that uses hardware emulation.

Edit: There actually may be 3 different PS3. You may have the one that does not support any PS2 emulation.

One of the original PS3 released had Hardware Emulation

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Apr 17, 2009, 11:47 AM
Well I paid around 399$ for it so one would think I should be able to play PS2 games. Anyways I looked up the backwards compatability and apparently my model doesn't support it. It's a 80gig anyways (other wise know as a 74gig.). So all I can hope is for a PS3 version of PSU which will never happen because SEGA likes to be bags of douches. Same with the Sony Fanboys. I knew I should have listened to my English mistress. I got a "Told you bloody so, you daft tart!" after my purchase of a PS3. I guess I had high hopes that it would turn around and Sony would be like "Hey MS! Guess what? We signed up for a crap load of games! Daddy's back in bidness! Suck it ya nerds!" but sadly all I get is Little Big Planet. Whup de diddly doo!

Exploited
Apr 17, 2009, 11:52 AM
Sorry that happened to you, $400 is a chunk of money for a system. Sony should some kind of label about the emulation mode, that is just plain stupid with no warning.

What makes the PS3 expensive is the Blu-Ray player.

I love my PS3 but actually never use it to play games. Just to watch movies that I download, stream MP3's off my server and listen to Sirius/XM Satellite Radio off of in my living room.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Apr 17, 2009, 12:03 PM
Sorry that happened to you, $400 is a chunk of money for a system. Sony should some kind of label about the emulation mode, that is just plain stupid with no warning.

What makes the PS3 expensive is the Blu-Ray player.

I love my PS3 but actually never use it to play games. Just to watch movies that I download, stream MP3's off my server and listen to Sirius/XM Satellite Radio off of in my living room.

Same here. I just bought a HDMI cable so I can watch movies in Hi-Def. The only game I play on it is FEAR2 and Pixel Junk. Oh well, I bought AotI for my PC for only 9.95 from Amazon. I love Amazon. I love it as much as I love Key Lime Pie! Expect (or maybe not) to see me on the PC version. I just gotta clear out the ol' craptop from useless junk first! Huzzah!

ashley50
Apr 17, 2009, 12:07 PM
well you should've researched first before you bought one.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Apr 17, 2009, 12:36 PM
well you should've researched first before you bought one.

I did, people told me the less expesive models don't have the PS2-PS3 capabilities. I did a 1 month research on the two and found out less people had problems with the PS3 than the 360. The only thing that I shoved aside was the community aspect. After all the US internet community is 60% loud mouthed, rude, spoiled brats that should have been shoved back into the womb. But like I said before. I got the PC version for cheap so I'm not really stressing anymore. Besides. I can play Blu-ray movies! AWESOME SAUCE!!!

Inazuma
Apr 17, 2009, 12:40 PM
it sucks but buying a ps3 is a big hassle b/c of all the different models. i bought a 60 gig japanese one myself b/c being able to play ps2 games was the most important thing to me. you should just sell it and buy a 60 gig. it may be more expensive than the newer shittier models b/c its no longer being made, so keep that in mind.

Criss
Apr 17, 2009, 05:00 PM
Look at the label on the back of the PS3, there should be a code on it that ends with CECH***. That last part is the model number. If your PS3 isn't a model CECHA, CECHB, CECHC or CECHE, then it can't play PS2 games. There's more info on model feature on wikipedia's PS3 page.

But anyways, when it comes to PSU, if you don't consider the server populations and economies, PC is the best version by far. You get access to much higher resolutions and graphics setting, you have full control over controller configurations, you can take screenshots with the press of a button, and you can play in windowed mode to easily switch to and from a browser with mission/item info, forums or instant messaging programs.

Faramir
Apr 17, 2009, 05:03 PM
Hey sorry on your buy but just alittle FYI there is a spot on the PS3 that says if its compatable or not if you look at back of the box on the lower corner it has a small white box which says if it is or is not compatible with ps/2 games as for models there is several out there the oringal 20s and 60s are the ps/2 compate versions. As well as the new MGS bundles which are the only ones legitly sold atm that support backwards. any others floating around are just refurished PS3/returns etc cause the older models that support are no longer produced the MGS bundles that are backwards are 699 btw if you are looking into getting a real backwards compate you need it or to try and find a refurbished ps3 20 or 60gig that i prevously mentioned