PDA

View Full Version : Is it true that the Japanese have 8 Character slots?

Squall429
Apr 18, 2009, 03:32 PM
I really want to confirm this. And if they do, will we be getting it?

joefro
Apr 18, 2009, 03:34 PM
Yes. No.

Squall429
Apr 18, 2009, 03:36 PM
Well that sucks. Why aren't the American servers getting it?

joefro
Apr 18, 2009, 03:38 PM
I'm not sure why. Someone from JP server can probably answer.

Squall429
Apr 18, 2009, 03:39 PM
You don't think SEGA of Japan will EVER give it to us?

Ezodagrom
Apr 18, 2009, 03:44 PM
When PSU was released on JP, due to some problems they had to split it in 2 servers.
After the server split up, when a player logged in to psu, there was an option to choose one of the 2 servers. The characters a player had on the one server were different from the characters in the other server, basically having 4 character slots for each server on one account.
Those 2 servers were merged, and now the JP players have 8 character slots.

Squall429
Apr 18, 2009, 03:49 PM
Lucky them... We really could use more character slots... :/

Randomness
Apr 18, 2009, 03:53 PM
I'd have no use besides storage, myself. I already have basically every possible play style in 3 characters.

Dragwind
Apr 18, 2009, 04:06 PM
When PSU was released on JP, due to some problems they had to split it in 2 servers.
After the server split up, when a player logged in to psu, there was an option to choose one of the 2 servers. The characters a player had on the one server were different from the characters in the other server, basically having 4 character slots for each server on one account.
Those 2 servers were merged, and now the JP players have 8 character slots.

This is roughly your answer. There are no known plans to ever give other servers more character slots.

autumn
Apr 18, 2009, 04:39 PM
Question though. The items that you can only get one per account (edel?), could JP players get one of those for each of their 4 character slots? I inquire because with their new ability to transfer items between all 8 characters it would mean they could have 2 of those items >_>

AerisZeal
Apr 18, 2009, 04:45 PM
Question though. The items that you can only get one per account (edel?), could JP players get one of those for each of their 4 character slots? I inquire because with their new ability to transfer items between all 8 characters it would mean they could have 2 of those items >_>

As I've read, yea they can.

unicorn
Apr 18, 2009, 05:14 PM
The JP servers had so many players at one point they needed 2 servers. Then they just merged them apparently.

Our servers are empty. Even the 360 servers. We don't have enough players for ST to make another server.