PDA

View Full Version : Cancelling a Live Account

Kylie
Apr 18, 2009, 11:02 PM
I don't know why this bugs me, but it does. :lol: I don't understand why you can start a subscription through your Xbox, but you have to call them to cancel it. When you call them, you have to talk to someone. I got a lady that could barely speak English, and she asked me what my secret answer was, which I had to spell (>_>). Then she asked me why I was canceling, etc. I guess it wasn't too bad, but still... It's pretty obvious that they made it difficult to keep you subscribed, which is lame. :( Why can't they be nice about it?

Syl
Apr 18, 2009, 11:27 PM
They want to make it take long and make it frustrating JUST so you won't want to call and drop your subscription. I got lucky once and got a pretty compliant chick, but every other time was like COME ON DUDE DONT CANCEL COME ON WHY YOU GOTTA BE LIKE DAT?

Aisha379
Apr 18, 2009, 11:44 PM
This is why I just use the prepaid cards, none of that annoying hassle and they don't even tax them, so you're paying the exact same amount anyway (or, possibly less, if the store is having a discount or something).

Of course, I'm always finding ways to avoid a phone whenever possible...

amtalx
Apr 18, 2009, 11:48 PM
Its probably easier to call your credit card company and have them block the charge. :p

Ragrappy99
Apr 19, 2009, 05:55 AM
Its probably easier to call your credit card company and have them block the charge. :p

Thats what I tried to do with a PSU subscription, but I couldn't find it on the list of things billing that card... So god damn annoying how you can't cancel it over the dashboard. That PSU subscription has been running for a while and I don't even play the stupid game ;_;

Kylie
Apr 19, 2009, 08:15 AM
Thats what I tried to do with a PSU subscription, but I couldn't find it on the list of things billing that card... So god damn annoying how you can't cancel it over the dashboard. That PSU subscription has been running for a while and I don't even play the stupid game ;_;Yeah, I thought about giving the 360 version a try, but I cast out that idea as soon as I saw that Micorosoft handles the billing. Seriously. It's not a huge burden, but it's more of a hassle than it should be. What if I were deaf or mute? >_>

@Aisha: Forgot about those, but that's a good idea. :3

amtalx
Apr 19, 2009, 09:53 AM
Yeah, I thought about giving the 360 version a try,

Blasphemer!

Kylie
Apr 19, 2009, 10:29 AM
Blasphemer!stone meh

Not that playing either version makes a difference in the long run (though I did notice a few differences on the demo).

Darkly
Apr 19, 2009, 11:58 AM
cancelling thru ur credit card company doesn't work, they'll just charge you anyway, well in the uk at least, so theres no easy way out :(

NPCMook
Apr 19, 2009, 07:29 PM
Just remember we've all become accustom to talking to people in India... And now India has become to expensive and we are outsourcing the outsource!

Outrider
Apr 20, 2009, 09:40 AM
This is why I just use the prepaid cards, none of that annoying hassle and they don't even tax them, so you're paying the exact same amount anyway (or, possibly less, if the store is having a discount or something).

I second that. The pre-paid cards are way cheaper and you don't have to worry about canceling your account when they run out.

Amazon consistently has 13 months for under $40.

Cracka_J
Apr 21, 2009, 02:09 PM
If you're talking about live itself, there's really no reason to complain. As others have stated, the prepaid cards are a surefire bet. If you can find them at around 40-50 for a 13 month card (walmart carries the 13 month $50 card), so it's around 3.10~3.85 a month average. And it does not auto-sub, you have to get another card.

If your talking about PSU, yeah, it's one of the main reasons I don't play psu on 360. Canceling should be as easy as the click of a button, and when they make you call, and possibly pay for the time your calling them (not sure if they charge), it's no good. I remember canceling my original xbl sub (for original xbox) was a pain in the ass too, the operator kept asking me why I didn't want it, and I kept telling her I didn't and just to cancel it. Maybe they're trained to keep you on the line for a certain amount of time, lol.

stukasa
Apr 21, 2009, 02:47 PM
Not that playing either version makes a difference in the long run (though I did notice a few differences on the demo).
Of course it makes a difference, all your friends miss you on the PC/PS2 side. :)

Mystil
Apr 23, 2009, 01:05 AM
If you're talking about live itself, there's really no reason to complain. As others have stated, the prepaid cards are a surefire bet. If you can find them at around 40-50 for a 13 month card (walmart carries the 13 month $50 card), so it's around 3.10~3.85 a month average. And it does not auto-sub, you have to get another card.

If your talking about PSU, yeah, it's one of the main reasons I don't play psu on 360. Canceling should be as easy as the click of a button, and when they make you call, and possibly pay for the time your calling them (not sure if they charge), it's no good. I remember canceling my original xbl sub (for original xbox) was a pain in the ass too, the operator kept asking me why I didn't want it, and I kept telling her I didn't and just to cancel it. Maybe they're trained to keep you on the line for a certain amount of time, lol.

Well it's an 800 number so you're not charged anything.

Powder Keg
Apr 23, 2009, 09:41 AM
You're done with Live already? D:

Kylie
Apr 23, 2009, 07:23 PM
You're done with Live already? D:No, I have 12-month subscription. :-P I had to cancel my friend's subscription, which I was paying for, so I had to deal with this. I do think the pre-paid way is the way to go, but I still believe they should let you cancel through the net.

BogusKun
Apr 25, 2009, 02:17 PM
offshoring rules. no seriously, thats why the people barely speak english.. it's cheaper for microsoft to hire saudi arabians.

jShazBot
Apr 27, 2009, 08:45 PM
I am having the exact same problem. Can't call and have it taken off because I'm not exactly "the card owner" and I can't really get a hold of this card holder at the moment. The assholes are still charging me and that gamertag has been permabanned for over a month now.

Outrider
Apr 28, 2009, 11:56 AM
I am having the exact same problem. Can't call and have it taken off because I'm not exactly "the card owner" and I can't really get a hold of this card holder at the moment. The assholes are still charging me and that gamertag has been permabanned for over a month now.

Maybe you shouldn't have gotten permabanned.

Volcompat321
Apr 28, 2009, 05:24 PM
try throwing your xbox in a river? or mailing it back to microsoft, and blowing it(the xbox, not microsoft) up? (can i say that online?) haha

jShazBot
Apr 28, 2009, 07:30 PM
Maybe you shouldn't have gotten permabanned.

After all the laughs?! Definitely worth it. Well, actually I would probably never pay for this now, lol. It sure beat actually trying to level up for over 10 minutes.
^^

Outrider
Apr 29, 2009, 09:12 AM
After all the laughs?! Definitely worth it. Well, actually I would probably never pay for this now, lol. It sure beat actually trying to level up for over 10 minutes.
^^

Well, whatever helps you deal with your obviously crippling social & emotional problems, I suppose.

Just thought I'd jump in and mention that Amazon actually will sell you the digital code necessary for an Xbox Live membership or for Xbox Magic Money, meaning you don't have to put in your credit card information on the actual Xbox anymore.

jShazBot
Apr 29, 2009, 03:17 PM
Well, whatever helps you deal with your obviously crippling social & emotional problems, I suppose.

Just thought I'd jump in and mention that Amazon actually will sell you the digital code necessary for an Xbox Live membership or for Xbox Magic Money, meaning you don't have to put in your credit card information on the actual Xbox anymore.

Thank you Outrider. THAT and coming on these forums and talking to cool kids like you does help me with my obviously crippling social and emotional problems! ^^

Oh and about that Amazon thing. By "Xbox Magic Money" you do mean Microsoft points, right? Because you still can't actually play PSU with MS points. >_>
And if your purchasing a gold subscription or MoonBucks off this site you still have to use a credit card so whats the point?

I would also just like to put out that you can easily manage your credit card information on Xbox.com Yes, I know you can't remove a credit card from your gamertag if it is associated with an active subscription. But if it's canceling a recurring gold subscription your worried about, I'm pretty sure you can just make it stop recurring from the management section of Xbox.com THEN remove the credit card once your gamertag has become silver.
If it's canceling a PSU subscription your worried about then yeah you still have to call Microsoft and make them cancel it. I know, its a pain in the ass.

Outrider
Apr 29, 2009, 03:51 PM
Etc.

That's cute, but nobody cares.

No, the reason I'm mentioning this is because sometimes people want to buy something off of XBLA but they don't want to have to deal with leftover points or such nonsense.

I haven't used the Amazon system yet, but you can either buy points or the games themselves. It seems to be that you just purchase the item on Amazon and they supply you with the appropriate code. I might try it if I end up buying Virtual On.

Sekani
May 8, 2009, 03:59 AM

Yeah, that's what I thought. Turns out it's not such a good idea :dead: