PDA

View Full Version : Synth luck?

pinkace
Apr 19, 2009, 10:23 PM
If I start synthing something tonight with great luck, and it finishes synthing tomorrow when I have no luck, which luck holds sway?

Let us ponder :)

Although it would be pointless ponderationment because I already started synthing a Kan Yu (4 hours!) and if it fails I will eat my PM.

(heh, Mod came in here all guns blazing and then read the content and was all 'aww...' sad puppy eyes)

lethe
Apr 19, 2009, 10:28 PM
Neither because in game luck doesnt affect synths.

Libram
Apr 19, 2009, 10:34 PM
How about this.

If I start a synth, then wait to take it out when we eventually get our synthing bonus, will the bonus apply to the already processed weapon even though it hasn't been taken out yet and was already completed some time ago?

beatrixkiddo
Apr 19, 2009, 10:35 PM
How about this.

If I start a synth, then wait to take it out when we eventually get our synthing bonus, will the bonus apply to the already processed weapon even though it hasn't been taken out yet and was already completed some time ago?

The synth % when you take it out is what dictates the synth result. But don't go abusing that when/if we get our synth bonus sir, as that would be cheating! ;)

pinkace
Apr 19, 2009, 10:47 PM
Crap :(

Beatrix, are you 100 billion percent sure?

cause if you are correct, lets see... it is 11:50pm here in New Jersey, and the weapon needs another 2 hours 40 minutes in the oven.

that means for a chance at a successful synth, I have to set my alarm for 3:15 in the motherf**cking morning, to make sure the sword comes out OK.

but if you are wrong, I will hunt you down, and make you make me a Kan Yu.

Zyrusticae
Apr 19, 2009, 10:54 PM
The synth bonus is NOT photon fortune.

He's talking about the synth bonus we'll probably get as part of the Shred the Darkness rewards for getting an obscene number of kills.

beatrixkiddo
Apr 19, 2009, 10:54 PM
cause if you are correct, lets see... it is 11:50pm here in New Jersey, and the weapon needs another 2 hours 40 minutes in the oven.

that means for a chance at a successful synth, I have to set my alarm for 3:15 in the motherf**cking morning, to make sure the sword comes out OK.

but if you are wrong, I will hunt you down, and make you make me a Kan Yu.

...what?

I never said you have to take it out right away...

I said that the synth % when you take it out is what determines if it works or not. Hence, if you put in a 91% success weapon now, and take it out during a synth bonus which makes it 100%, it would be a guaranteed synth.

I fail to see what that has to do with taking your synths out exactly on time.

pinkace
Apr 20, 2009, 08:39 AM

did you guys only read the subject line? :(

So you are saying that if I have three-star luck and I synth a weapon, I have the same chances of it failing as I would on a one-star or no-star day?

dogg1000
Apr 20, 2009, 08:55 AM
Everything is decided the second the synth finishes. So if ur synth finishes at 3:00 AM there is no difference if u take it out at 3 AM or 3 PM. And photon fortune does not affect synth rates.

pinkace
Apr 20, 2009, 09:12 AM
I have always waited until a good-luck day to make weapons. Its just that last night I started way to late and the weapon in question, Kan Yu, takes for hours to make.

so is this a confirmed thing? can anyone else confirm it?

beatrixkiddo
Apr 20, 2009, 11:47 AM
The % the PM shows you is the success rate. You'll notice that never changes based on Photon Fortune. So no, Photon Fortune does not affect the success rate/elemental attribute of synths.

elshagan
Apr 20, 2009, 12:04 PM
Actually Photon Fortune effect success rate but not to a visible level, I've read on PSUpedia that with 3* luck you have 7% more success rate even tho it's visible... Maybe that was grinding... :S Not sure... Anyways I know photon fortune effects one of them... Either it's success rate or grind rate... :S if anyone can confirm this I'd be happy... As long as I don't seem... Dumb? XD

beatrixkiddo
Apr 20, 2009, 12:10 PM
Grinding.

pinkace
Apr 20, 2009, 12:55 PM
thanks y'all.

Thanks mod for cleaning this up. I figured people would read past the subject and onto the post itself :D

Turns out all the stuff I synthed came out fine. yay!