PDA

View Full Version : PC Game controls.

SStrikerR
Apr 21, 2009, 04:59 PM
I've been a ps2 player for a while now, but I'm gonna be getting a laptop soon. I might decide to play PSU again, but on the pc side. Compared to PSO:BB, how hard are the controls to nail down?

RAGNAGELPPOD
Apr 21, 2009, 05:15 PM
Well I cant tell a PC person who uses a keyboard froma person who uses a controller so its definetly managable. PC controllers DO exist though. I use a Logitech controller myself but I hear that X-box 360 controllers are compatible as well. Only odd thing about logitech PC controller compared to the Ps2 counterpart is the slight tweaking of the button layout; the standard Photon art button is "X" instead of "Triangle", "R3" is the new "start" button and "Start" is the new "R3". Besides things like that, its easy to get used to.

Ace1jeM
Apr 21, 2009, 05:18 PM
I've been a ps2 player for a while now, but I'm gonna be getting a laptop soon. I might decide to play PSU again, but on the pc side. Compared to PSO:BB, how hard are the controls to nail down?

Long as you have a decent game pad in the style of a ps2 pad (like Logitech's Dual Action), or a XBox360 pad, it shouldn't be to hard to control at all as you can configure the buttons (exaple: I don't like where the skill PA button is, so I changed it). As a PSOBB vet, I can say that I didn't experience any difficulty in the control scheme switch from PSOBB to PSU as there is only a few more added button fuctions such as strafe, toggle party chat, etc.

ShonagarACE
Apr 21, 2009, 06:03 PM
In my opinion, anyone complaining about the keyboard controls is just way too picky, or has never played a game on their computer before. They're not bad at all. Nothing to worry about.

Criss
Apr 21, 2009, 06:55 PM
If you have a 360 or PS3 controller, you can use those to play PSU on PC (or any PC game really). I play PSU with my Dualshock 3 and it works great. You can remap the buttons any way you want.

Using the keyboard kinda works if you get used to it, but you'll always miss the specific angles a joystick can get you. At least your hands are always on the shortcuts or ready to type a message.