PDA

View Full Version : CYOA TWIFKL Theater presents...

SpikeOtacon
Apr 21, 2009, 05:19 PM
Due to the positive feedback from the War of the Worlds dramatization episode of the TWIFKL Podcast (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145374), I've thought about trying something new and smaller than the old, longer podcast. (Though don't worry, TWIFKL isn't dead, it may be back)

Basically, it will be a CYOA, read aloud from a previously written source. If the idea takes off, it will be done in a full radio drama style, sound effects and soundtrack to accompany voice actors (I.E., unwilling volunteers). Each segment will be put up, and at the end of each segment two (or more, should the need arise) options will be given. You will then vote in the thread with which option you choose/recieve. Then after some time and enough votes, the next segment will be recorded and posted, and so on. Once an ending is reached, the final segment will be posted along with a file containing all of the segments read in a straight line.

Once the ending has been reached, we will vote for another episode, or vote to completely redo the episode we just completed.

Here are the choices for our starting episode:

Give Yourself Goosebumps: Alone in Snakebite Canyon

[SPOILER-BOX]Want to fly like an eagle?
Better yet, want to be an eagle? Or a bear? Or a fish? Then check out the souvenir shop in Snakebite Canyon. They've got a pair of dried-up snake eyes with the power to turn you into a real animal.
Maybe you'd like to buy a map of the lost gold mine. You could strike it rich. Or you could get attacked by a giant kid-eating spider![/SPOILER-BOX]

Give Yourself Goosebumps: Beware of the Purple Peanut Butter

[SPOILER-BOX]Your aunt and uncle told you to stay out of their basement.
So, of course, you check it out. That's where you find the dusty old refridgerator.
In the fridge there are two containers. One is filled with purple goop. It smells just like peanut-butter-and-jelly sandwich. The other holds a piece of chocolate cake. Your stomach is growling.
If you eat the purple goop, you start shrinking. Pretty soon, you're battling it out with a gigantic monster - a mouse! If you choose the cake, you grow into a tall giant. Now you're tryign to escape from the police, who are convinced you're a mutant alien![/SPOILER-BOX]

Give Yourself Goosebumps: Deep in the Jungle of Doom

[SPOILER-BOX]You're headed to a South American jungle with your nature-study class. Everything seems pretty cool at first, but then you start to get bored. Where's the beach? Where's the excitement?
So you and your friend decide to do a little exploring on your own. That's when you see something so freaky, all you want to do is get out of there! If you run screaming down one trail, you'll end up at a waterfall with a creepy underground cave. If you choose the other trail, you'll eat some fruit that turns you into a crazy looking sea monster. Will you get back to normal before things start to get really fishy?!![/SPOILER-BOX]

Give Yourself Goosebumps: The Knight in Screaming Armor

[SPOILER-BOX]Your cousins, Kip and Abbey, have to come to visit you from jolly old England - and guess what they brought with them? Two huge crates, each containing a suit of armor and a curse. But it doesn't matter, 'cause you're "dying" to see what's inside.
If you open the crate marked "Evil Knight," you will be hypnotized by the knight's sparkling medallion, and will have to face an ugly sorceress. If you open the "Good Knight" crate, you'll discover a room full of mannequin heads that talk. Before you know it, you've lost your head. Can you pull yourself together before time runs out?[/SPOILER-BOX]

Give Yourself Goosebumps: Night in Werewolf Woods

[SPOILER-BOX]Get out your bathing suit! You and your family are off on a summer vacation to a place called WoodsWorld. You can't wait to mess around down at the lake.
Then at the Kids Only Campire you hear the rumor about WoodsWorld. Legend has it, werewolves roam the woods at night. But you're not scared. You're ready for an adventure.
Will you explore the deepest, darkest part of the woods? Brave the Tunnel of Waves, home of the terrifying lake monster? Or battle an army of red ants?[/SPOILER-BOX]

Give Yourself Goosebumps: Return to Terror Tower

[SPOILER-BOX]Need a vacation? Nothing beats traveling. But now you're stuck time traveling - back to the middle ages!
It's no joke. Remember Eddie and Sue from A Night in Terror Tower, Goosebumps #27? Well, in this book, their story continues - and you're in it! Can you help Eddie and Sue escape from the tower again? You'll have to get past a ferocious dragon and a lot of soldiers with very sharp swords. And you'll have to use your head - or lose it to the evil Executioner.[/SPOILER-BOX]

So, What's it gonna be?

Nitro Vordex
Apr 21, 2009, 05:38 PM
I'd love to do this, SOUNDS LIKE FUN.

Randomness
Apr 21, 2009, 05:56 PM
I vote the Knight in Screaming Armor.

TalHex
Apr 21, 2009, 06:07 PM
voting for werewolves

HolioArtillery
Apr 21, 2009, 06:11 PM
Never read any, goosebumps is for maggots (and I'm sure they have a story about maggots too.)

TalHex
Apr 21, 2009, 06:25 PM
^ was severely deprived as a kid

Snape kills Dumbledore

Boogie Troll
Apr 21, 2009, 07:45 PM
Purple Peanut Butter.

astuarlen
Apr 21, 2009, 10:18 PM
Night in Werewolf Woods!

Moo2u
Apr 22, 2009, 07:41 PM
Yo Spike! I volunteer my charming voice to this project.

Also, I vote werewolves.

Tessu
Apr 23, 2009, 07:47 PM
Night in the Ant-Infested Woods.

Sayara
Apr 23, 2009, 10:37 PM
Sounds fun

SpikeOtacon
Apr 27, 2009, 01:49 AM
Alright, Night in Werewolf Woods it is! I'm going to read ahead and get a cast list. Some people have requested to be contacted about having their voices used, so they will get the cast list first. After they pick, i'll post the rest of the cast up for you guys to choose from.