PDA

View Full Version : Rare Missions

Tornado Dance
Apr 21, 2009, 08:31 PM
A few questions...
1.if you get a rare mission can you switch characters and it will still be there?
2. if you get a rare mission and do a normal mission will it still be there?

GJARE
Apr 21, 2009, 08:40 PM
nope it will go away if you do any of those 2 if you are the party leader.

Dymalos
Apr 21, 2009, 09:31 PM
What? No.

You could switch characters, but the rare mission flag would remain on the toon you originally got it on.

You could do any number or normal missions after getting the rare mission flag and still have it. You'd just be hurting your chances of getting another rare mission flag, because you can only have one at a time. I know it's not very likely, but I've personally recieved two rare missions that were only 3 missions apart.

GJARE
Apr 21, 2009, 10:19 PM
What? No.

You could switch characters, but the rare mission flag would remain on the toon you originally got it on.

You could do any number or normal missions after getting the rare mission flag and still have it. You'd just be hurting your chances of getting another rare mission flag, because you can only have one at a time. I know it's not very likely, but I've personally recieved two rare missions that were only 3 missions apart.

Well if you were the party leader i dont think you can switch charecters and still be able to keep the rare mish unless there was an update that fixed that and ya i forgot its still possible to get another rare mish if you do another normal mission but its not a 100% chancei think. Sorry havent played for awhile so i might be wrong :/

HienkyakuX
Apr 21, 2009, 10:32 PM
as it is now:

-you can do any of the 3 rare maps with that flag.(FoI, PF, IS)
-you can get up to 1 rare map per char.
-you can change char and save it for later.
-you can do any other mission you been the lead of the party and it will still be there.
-you can get invite to a rare map run and still have yours.
-more than 1 player can get it at the same run.
-you can even get it from running a rare map.

Chuck_Norris
Apr 21, 2009, 11:50 PM
The easiest way to put it is, you can only lose a rare mission if you either A: Use that flag, or B: Delete the character.

hewitt
Apr 21, 2009, 11:55 PM
Well if you were the party leader i dont think you can switch charecters and still be able to keep the rare mish unless there was an update that fixed that and ya i forgot its still possible to get another rare mish if you do another normal mission but its not a 100% chancei think. Sorry havent played for awhile so i might be wrong :/

GJARE!

Overlord Zenon
Apr 22, 2009, 05:16 AM
i didnt know all this

LionHeart-
Apr 22, 2009, 05:41 AM
Thanks for the information guys!

So, lets say you are in a party of 3 and flag the rare map. So if all 3 characters run the rare mission they will all lose it right? But if Tom and Dick run a rare mission and then Harry makes a game and they both join Harry, can they do another rare mission or will it disappear?

elshagan
Apr 22, 2009, 06:04 AM
To explain it simple... Lets say person A gets a rare mish... Now he can never lose it unless he do the rare mish or deletes his character but let say now that person B also got a rare mish, now A can join B on B's rare mish n still have his so if A n B run 1 rare mish n they both have a rare mish each they can run 2 rare mishes since they both had been flagged for one... So if you're in a 4ppl party n everyone in it gets a rare mish you can do any rare mish 4 times 1 time for each person who got flagged...

LionHeart-
Apr 22, 2009, 06:11 AM
Actually Elshagan, I tried that and it did not work. We both got the rare mission, my friend changed his character to an alt and we tried to do it vice-versa but his flagged mission disappeared.

6_8_10
Apr 22, 2009, 10:16 AM
Yesterday 2 out of 4 of us running the event got the rare mission. One of the 2 flagged changed characters, we ran the mission once. Person changed back to their first character, we ran it again.

Lion Heart, did the friend who changed his character change back for the second attempt? The missions are now flagged to the character, not the player.

Dymalos
Apr 22, 2009, 11:17 AM
Actually Elshagan, I tried that and it did not work. We both got the rare mission, my friend changed his character to an alt and we tried to do it vice-versa but his flagged mission disappeared.

From reading your other post, I think you're operating under the misconception that both of you recieved the rare mission flag. Typically when a rare mission flag is awarded, it only goes to one character in the party. Now, it is possible for more than one person to get the rare mission flag at the end of a given mission, but I'm guessing that the odds of that would be astronomical.

Lnin0
Apr 30, 2009, 05:10 PM
Is there a way to tell if your characters is flagged?

janejana
Apr 30, 2009, 05:15 PM
Is there a way to tell if your characters is flagged?
if you've been flagged for a rare mission, a message will pop up that says something like '[character name] has won the right to a Rare Free Mission'.

also, if you've gotten and somehow missed that message, anytime you are at counter where you can select the rare mission, you'll see it in the selection screen.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Apr 30, 2009, 09:40 PM
I LOVE Rare Missions. I just adore them. I just got some kick ass items from em and they fill me up with ooey-gooey feel good goody-goodness that I wish I can get em all the time. Also are they all modeled after the old PSO stages? I went through Phantom Fissure and Illusionary Shaft (bow chicka bow wow). Is there a forest type stage in Maotoob or is it just in Newdaiz and Parum that have the Rare Mission. Oh and I also got a pair of Twin Nei Claws. BUY IT NOW FROM MY STORE! Along with the Promoto Twin Guns I got. And hated.