PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo DS Shoulder button

Nitro Vordex
Apr 23, 2009, 05:38 PM
I had the L button screw up on me, and it won't recieve the press I guess. The contact must have moved or something. So, I sent it in, this being a previous one I had. I got a brand new one. A few weeks ago, it started to do the same thing. This being a reletivley new one, I'm kind of annoyed. I don't really play the thing that much anymore, but if I do play it I don't want it screwing up on me. It's an alright little system, just needs a chance in most cases. I don't play any of those party games or kids show games. I play Pokemon(which I don't really play anymore) and Megaman Star Force Pegasus. I haven't gotten the second one due to a lack of money in our family at the moment.

It's kind of annoying, I just wanna play my games. ;_;

Also, I broke my friend's footpedal for Rock Band 2. One of the original plastic ones it comes with, so I owe him a new one. THank god he didn't get mad at me, since he is borrowing Oblivion and GTA4 from me. ;o

Kent
Apr 23, 2009, 06:55 PM
If it's a DS Lite, close it, look on the back at the malfunctioning shoulder button. Look for the seam between it and the main casing, put your lips on it and blow (so as to direct as much airflow as possible into that crack). You may have to do it once or twice, but it'll get that L button working just fine, for at least a little while.

http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/492/nintendodsliteblowjob.jpg

Right there, the green line.

Chuck_Norris
Apr 23, 2009, 06:59 PM
Sounds like you need to be more careful with your electronics, Nitro. :wacko:

Cracka_J
Apr 23, 2009, 10:23 PM
you can put your lips on and blow your own ds crack, tyvm.

keep your perverted thoughts to yourself.

Nitro Vordex
Apr 23, 2009, 10:25 PM
Sounds like you need to be more careful with your electronics, Nitro. :wacko:
Probably. :wacko:

I don't get it.

amtalx
Apr 24, 2009, 09:18 AM
Also, I broke my friend's footpedal for Rock Band 2. One of the original plastic ones it comes with, so I owe him a new one. THank god he didn't get mad at me, since he is borrowing Oblivion and GTA4 from me. ;o

Mine didn't even last a week. I know that there was a free replacement program because it was happening so much. You may want to look into that. Otherwise, some cheap sheet metal and packing tape will fix it, and it will be even stronger than when originally manufactured.

Vanzazikon
Apr 24, 2009, 10:51 AM
I don't get it.Inurendo

On my first DS I had, it cracked on the right hinge. Everytime you opened it up, it would make a "pop" sound. It broke later. ._. So, I bought a new one. (In the color I wanted)

Aisha_Clan-Clan
Apr 24, 2009, 12:00 PM
I don't have any button problems from the original DS(Just one dead pixle though). =^.^=

Aeris
Apr 24, 2009, 03:40 PM
Well i have 2 DSs (orginal and lite) and i have that same problem on my lite one and mine is cracked as well for the henge, for the orginal one, it won't charge the battery anymore and the L button doesn't work on that one as well >_>.

Kent
Apr 24, 2009, 04:13 PM

I can vouch for giving a DS the aforementioned blowjob as such - I have to do it on mine every now and then (because I love my DS).

Kylie
Apr 25, 2009, 03:51 PM
Never had this problem, surprisingly. I had more of a problem with the power button; good thing they fixed that.

Rust
Apr 25, 2009, 10:22 PM
Never had this problem, either.
Then again, I play games on my DS Lite that barely use the L and R button.

I had to use it on Metroid Prime: Hunters (which I honestly found had pretty shitty controls), but most of the games I play now are either rythm games that use the tactile screen only or action/tactical/regular RPGs using a mix of tactile screen and A/B/X/Y controls.

So yeah, maybe this button will break someday when I use it. Which I'd rather not, because I like my dark blue DS and they don't sell it in that color around here. :/