PDA

View Full Version : The Magashi Quest Is Hard!

pinkace
Apr 23, 2009, 10:05 PM
I switched my level 100 female beast back to Fortefighter 20 so that I could do this quest. I loaded up on megisterides, mates and all my best equipment. I can't make it past the second room after the first cut-scene with that creepy woman.

Has anyone in my situation cleared this mission? any tips or tricks?

Randomness
Apr 23, 2009, 10:11 PM
My best so far is C-1 with a 114/19 Newman M WT.

Frankly, melee is probably a bad choice here. There are a lot of high-damage spells flying around (Megid, Foie and Diga), there's a room with a ton of Zoonas, and you have very limited healing (Unless you're a force, in which case its somewhat limited)

I wouldn't run this with FF. You have 29 trimates to clear the mission. (20 at start, 1 forced drop in A-1, and another 8 in B-2) You have 10 photon charges, plus whatever you loot, and a PP cube in B-2. Finally, you will have a lot of dimate drops, but they won't help you in the middle of a fight.

Frankly, I'd go to FI at least, for some decent guns.

Also, at level 100, you need to remember that the enemies are all 160 or higher. Even if they're quicker than normal to kill, they're going to hit you hard. You have two choices:avoid getting hit (ranged), or heal profusely (techs). A pure melee class isn't going to cut it.

Oh yeah. Bil De Vear x2 on a bridge.

Gunslinger-08
Apr 23, 2009, 10:15 PM
I honestly don't remember how far I've made it. Just that I tend to get taken out by twin diga when I have my back turned. Anyways, I'm loving it. It's not the Winter Carnival bonus missions, but the difficulty is certainly justified by the drops you get.

Just stay mobile, stick with potentially mobile skills and guns that you can strafe with, be patient, and don't hesitate to run away if you need to.

Just think of it as a solo bonus mission.

ShonagarACE
Apr 23, 2009, 10:21 PM
I've only made it past the Zoonas once with my 107 Cast FiG. You just sort of have to keep track of what the enemies are doing and react extrmely fast or you're dead. That said, my twin handguns help immensely.

Chuck_Norris
Apr 23, 2009, 10:24 PM
Don't forget Star Atomizers. That's an extra 10 Trimates there.

In the last room, you pretty much NEED to have some guns, because you'll have to face off aganst several Carriguine's and Vanda Orga. If you stay on the bridge at the start of the block, you should be fine though. Give or take a random Foie or two.

pinkace
Apr 23, 2009, 10:29 PM

you mean fighunner? i would but my highest char is this one and i figured FG has pretty low HP.

which class has the highest defense?

Sano
Apr 23, 2009, 10:29 PM
I've tried twice so far as 103/13 Beast M Acrotecher and I was able to make it to near the end of B-1 but... darn Dilnazens lol. I plan on trying again soon and I must say: the rewards are quite worth the risks ^^ Let alone the challenge makes it very fun! My advice: Use a Type that has tech healing and the ability to strafe with guns; use healing items smartly and try not to waste PP over-healing - Photon Charges are limited lol.

Zyrusticae
Apr 23, 2009, 10:32 PM
which class has the highest defense?

What a silly question. FF, of course.

You can see how much it helped you there, I'm sure...

Alia
Apr 23, 2009, 10:36 PM
I would definitely suggest guns for this level too. I went in as a Human Female FM, and I didn't make it past the last 2 Dils. However, Tornado Dance makes things a lot easier.

red1228
Apr 23, 2009, 10:36 PM
What I do is;
1. Dus Robado on the lil guys (navel's I believe is their name)
2. Spiral Dance on the Bil De Vear's
3. Tornado Dance on EVERYTHING ELSE

Works for me so far. 'course, I've only done the mission 5 times but I've only died once from (as someone previously mentioned) a random double Foie that those ground Vanda's like to use.

Randomness
Apr 23, 2009, 10:39 PM
For overall defense, I'm pretty sure WT is still on top. Good def, good MST, and resta.

My strategy for each area so far:

A-1:Barta/Rabarta to kill Nava Luddas. Either Diga spam or Vivi Danga's first combo for the lizards. The megid spitters I use cards on.

A-2:Immediately move behind the wall to the right. Nothing will EVER be able to melee you there. Proceed to liberally apply Diga.

B-1:First room:Enter, begin lobbing Digas while retreating through door. Heal as necessary, abuse the despawn at the door. Zoonas:Strafe with card. Third room:Foie/Rafoie for everything. Move through lasers if necessary to get breathing room. Kill Dilnazens before Luddas.

B-2:Strafe around launching Foie into the Galdeens until they're all gone, then do the same to the Vandas.

Mostly, I'm adapting Raine's AT guide to WT, and making use of a few tricks of my own.

Chuck_Norris
Apr 23, 2009, 10:43 PM
If you got the balls/HP to do it, I've found that a good shotgun bullet can kill most things in one shot at close range and the right level. Save for Dilnazen. Dang bullet resistant bastards.

Mizari
Apr 23, 2009, 10:48 PM
Also, for beasts, Vande Val (invincibility nano) can help with the Dilnazens, so long as your aim is good ;-) . On the last block of B-1, one Dil will spawn by itself at first, but it's best to save 'blasting until they start spawning in pairs.

Chuck_Norris
Apr 23, 2009, 10:52 PM
Also, for beasts, Vande Val (invincibility nano) can help with the Dilnazens, so long as your aim is good ;-) . On the last block of B-1, one Dil will spawn by itself at first, but it's best to save 'blasting until they start spawning in pairs.

On note of that, be sure to take out that lone Dilnazen on your own before killing off the Naval. Once the Naval die, the other two spawn. If you kill the first Dil first, you only need to deal with two.

darkante
Apr 23, 2009, 10:56 PM
FiG makes this mission a cake.

Machine gun,Twin Handgun and Crossbow is the key to victory.

kira420
Apr 23, 2009, 10:58 PM
i use my lvl 150 cast with my max ice shotty bullets until c block then i use plasma twin handguns.... besides knowing when to run the best advice i could give is pick up and use all monomates and save the trimates and stars until u need them...also having the right armors helps a great deal....i also stratigically use my suv like in c block when u get locked in a small space with two bils...without my suv charged there i die very quikly...i agree that melee isnt the right choice for this mish

darkante
Apr 23, 2009, 11:02 PM
Yeah, defintively donīt melee on Bil De Vear at the least.
There counter-attack would spell death at once.

Dilnazen might as well Melee as their blasts are hard to avoid in the open.

RAGNAGELPPOD
Apr 23, 2009, 11:04 PM
I tried it once as Beast wartecher. Beat most everything with light cards. Any mobs naughty enough to come close got punched. I only died when I turned my head to see something on Television. I was killed by a vanda I think.

Dark Emerald EXE
Apr 23, 2009, 11:11 PM
I ran through it the first time around.....the room with the carriguines was a lil difficult but i found a way around that.....

Jainsea
Apr 23, 2009, 11:28 PM
Ive gotten through it several times with my lvl141 female beast FF(20) you just
have to watch what the enemies are doing and be a step ahead thats all.
I use my lightning/ice/light gudda hons on almost everything with the rocket punch PA.

Naval and Vandra things die in the 1st PA combo. Last block is just all about timing and
patience. I do carry a hanfgun if i can get things like the carriguines stuck behind the gates lol.
If you are going melle I say just don't get greedy on your hits. Hit what you can and then run if
you have to then repeat. I will admit though that gunner classes do have an easier time probably
but melle is very possible :)

Suzuka Miyamoto
Apr 23, 2009, 11:43 PM
Its easy if your a fortetecher di and ra techs all day.

Legendria
Apr 24, 2009, 12:08 AM
I beat it once out of 17 runs with my Cast GM.

Shotgun every single enemy until the final room, then use the bridge to stick the Bil's/Carriguine's and rifle them down.

Rifling the last room takes a decently long time if they keep unspawning, but you won't get destroyed by any attacks.

hunterseifer
Apr 24, 2009, 12:23 AM
I had no problem when I ran it my first time through(I'm FM of course), and yes it was on A rank, I mainly used spiral dance through the whole thing, until last block which i used a combo of spears and dbl sabers, had power nano at the time so I didnt use nanoblast. Anyone a beast I reccommend invincible version though. Probably best to run it with elemental armors and weps all I can say. I'm just bummed out because all the routes werent put in, so It was kind of a waste to run it :( but still got some good drops. Btw, did anyone else get a spawn of jaggo's? I got that and was wondering if that was normal?

xBladeM6x
Apr 24, 2009, 12:50 AM
I've been able to do the mission with no problem at all. Just because I have Spiral Dance, and Tornado dance. (Fighmaster)

With the way I do it, I usually only use like 6 Trimates total. >.> If i had a capture card, I would show how to do it easy on FM. <.<;

Ethateral
Apr 24, 2009, 12:51 AM
I've been able to do the mission with no problem at all. Just because I have Spiral Dance, and Tornado dance. (Fighmaster)

With the way I do it, I usually only use like 6 Trimates total. >.> If i had a capture card, I would show how to do it easy on FM. <.<;

You hax. >____> *Eats all your trimates*

beatrixkiddo
Apr 24, 2009, 12:52 AM
Its easy if your a fortetecher di and ra techs all day.

What's a di-tech? (aside from mortgage company)

Kimil Adrayne
Apr 24, 2009, 12:53 AM
This mission was fairly easy as a WT.
Reasoning:

1) Resta + lvl 30 Buffs
2) Melee PAs
3) High HP, Def, Eva and MST
4) Cards and Techs for a cautious approach

ashley50
Apr 24, 2009, 12:55 AM
you must be doing something wrong on why you are having problem with this mission.

beat this as GM and PT...

xBladeM6x
Apr 24, 2009, 12:57 AM
You hax. >____> *Eats all your trimates*
Eats all your psycho wands. X3

Go to bed you! DX

:-P

Ethateral
Apr 24, 2009, 01:01 AM
Eats all your psycho wands. X3

Go to bed you! DX

:-P
Wtf?! DX

On topic: I haven't really TRIED it as a MF yet. It seems to go pretty smoothly for me. Only reason I died was, I forgot to put Diga on my TECH-mag and wore the wrong armor. Whoops! XD I forget easily~ <3 I'll get back to you on doing it as a MF. X3 The evil bunnies jumped me and killed me~. ._.

Ruru
Apr 24, 2009, 01:07 AM
this mission is easy as AF >.>; rising strike chikki and twin guns make this mission simple. i only failed my first run on the bil de vear bridge because i wasnt ready for them @.@

Genoa
Apr 24, 2009, 01:12 AM
I have only done it a couple times, but the only REAL threat that I had noticed was Vanda 2xfoie.
This is NOT suited well for melee.
I did it as Acrotecher using cards and whips (mostly cards, whips for the big guys)
I would imagine that an AF could take the place down swiftly. Perhaps PT, GM, and FG too.
I wish to try it some more as AF :)

ShonagarACE
Apr 24, 2009, 01:19 AM
What's a di-tech? (aside from mortgage company)

Di-techs are something you only get if you are the best technic player of all time.

beatrixkiddo
Apr 24, 2009, 01:29 AM
Di-techs are something you only get if you are the best technic player of all time.

Yeah I figured it was some best-technic-player-of-all-time lingo that I'm just not good enough to understand. :(

Anyway this mission is only hard if you have too little HP to survive more than 1 or 2 hits... or suck at dodging. Stay mobile, don't use skills/bullets/techs that keep you glued in place for too long, etc.

Genoa
Apr 24, 2009, 01:35 AM
yeah... Vivi Danga's 2nd part while a Vanda was spawning and throwing double foie wasn't cool :/

ashley50
Apr 24, 2009, 01:38 AM
best technic player? can someone elaborate?

FOnewearl-Lina
Apr 24, 2009, 01:46 AM
Paradi Cataract in Technic form :)

Genoa
Apr 24, 2009, 01:48 AM
I tried to say Didiga and my mind sploded D:

Alecc
Apr 24, 2009, 01:54 AM
I tried to say Didiga and my mind sploded D:

that made me laugh. hard :) :D

WHlTEKNIGHT
Apr 24, 2009, 02:06 AM

Frankly, melee is probably a bad choice here. There are a lot of high-damage spells flying around (Megid, Foie and Diga), there's a room with a ton of Zoonas, and you have very limited healing (Unless you're a force, in which case its somewhat limited)

I wouldn't run this with FF. You have 29 trimates to clear the mission. (20 at start, 1 forced drop in A-1, and another 8 in B-2) You have 10 photon charges, plus whatever you loot, and a PP cube in B-2. Finally, you will have a lot of dimate drops, but they won't help you in the middle of a fight.

Also, at level 100, you need to remember that the enemies are all 160 or higher. Even if they're quicker than normal to kill, they're going to hit you hard. You have two choices:avoid getting hit (ranged), or heal profusely (techs). A pure melee class isn't going to cut it.

Oh yeah. Bil De Vear x2 on a bridge.What are you on about, its really easy as a fighter, the only bad choice is doing the run at a low level.

Deragonite
Apr 24, 2009, 02:47 AM
Tornado Dance :P

Tsavo
Apr 24, 2009, 02:51 AM
I actually cleared this on the first run with my Beast male FF today. I used:

Majarra or bogga robado depending on the enemy I was fighting
Chikki and a handgun to snipe oragas
Invincible beast nano on the Bil de bridge

Whole run was relatively painless though I almost got sandwhiched by the delnazen one time. When I run it again I might bring some fire armor for all those annoying little fireballs the navals spit. I'm 140 but even at 100 you should be killing most things in this run in a combo or less.

Hope that helps.

Libram
Apr 24, 2009, 03:00 AM
Melee tips?

A-1
Navas can get annoying if they all run at once and clip you while you're busy attacking something else. It's still best to concentrate on one Nava at a time and deal with the other things in the room.
Delps aren't all that dangerous. Just wait for them to attack then smack them around.
Druas have that god-awful triple Foie. One hit and every fireball following it will hit because you're busy flinching. Learn to use Trimates after a hit. To attack them trick the lizards into attacking you. From the front they'll lunge and bite, and from the back they'll turn and try a tail whip that knocks you away. After the first two the lizards decide to back up and rethink their strategy, and this is the time you go in to murder them. It's even better if you do it after getting them to tail whip because they wait a few seconds after turning before they do anything else. Knock them over before they start backing away and they won't attack when they right themselves. Remember to watch out for ground pounding shockwaves.

A-2
The Bafals can be thought of as slower Carriguines without the Megid. They start by walking forward and swiping when you're in range. After that they walk forward and start charging when they're close enough. During the charge they will swipe twice as they turn and try to run you down. Avoid that and they're stuck recovering from the charge. This is the perfect change to knock them on their side. Do be careful for the Foie attack.
Jusnaguns and slow, predictable, and easy to knock down. Just don't stand in front of them when they get ready to attack.

B-1
Navas are back a little stronger than before, but same tactics apply.
Dilnazens are annoying on their own and doubly so when paired. Zubba is my favorite Skill to use against them because I can sometimes catch both in the same attack, but anything that can keep them flinching is great. The best time to attack is after they jump. When you see them take to the sky get yourself behind where they'll land and charge up your attack.
Zoonas are annoying as a fighter because they like to attack and not fall down. It's best to knock them around as they're spawning to avoid any counterattacks.

B-2
The Galdeen are more annoying versions of the Navas that make you flinch while a Diga is heading your way.
The Vandas here are the normal variety, so they tend to constantly back away and either throw pebbles or breath fire. I find it easiest to rush head on and get behind them when they look like they're starting to charge the breath attack. They don't pivot, so it's easy to kill one from behind.

C-1
My suggestion here is to focus on one Orga at a time and make sure the other isn't facing your direction and throwing fireballs in your back. Don't try for extended combos because the Orga that replaces the one you killed will shoot you while you're busy.
Bil de Vears can be a pain, especially if you don't have a Stun Resist. Remember all those times people said "DON'T MAKE THE BEARS SPIN!"? Making them spin is a good thing. It's one less enemy attacking while you deal with other things.
The Carriguine that shows up isn't all that bad. They're slower than they should be, so avoiding any attack isn't all that hard. Go for a single big hit instead of an extended combo. These things will hit you back.

Hatemachine
Apr 24, 2009, 03:04 AM
Gotta say at this point I am VERY glad im a protranser I managed to clear the B rank at level 70 and without EX traps wouldnt have been able too im sure of this

My biggest use was A Shigga desta with level 24 dark bullets and my Gudda Skella with Bogga Zubba and a good dose of EX traps and SUV use at every available chance I used all my photon charges as well on keeping the Desta and the Skella functioning.

Tried using my spears with Dus majarra 21 but found through alot of trial and errors that im better off not even bothering and just keeping the shotty and the fists full and using my traps on things that were tough as nails or just plain annoying.

Sano
Apr 24, 2009, 03:10 AM
Planning on trying to clear it on A with my 114 (I think, I forgot lol) Male Beast Acrotecher(18 now)... I made it to B-1 @ 103/14. Thinking of possibly bringing along extra weapons and a stack of Cosmos in case PP becomes an issue. But ya know... after some Divine Offensive runs of course ^^ ( When I get off of work tomorrow midnight or... Sat after 4pm :( )

Genoa
Apr 24, 2009, 03:21 AM
good stuff Libram

LordRenvolt
Apr 24, 2009, 03:41 AM
My female 150 human AT can do the job fairly easily it just takes me some time in the last room with the carriguines. I stay on the bridge and spam my machine gun and razonde. Its preety easy trapping the carriguines in the corner if you make them chase you towards it... kinda

kejen
Apr 24, 2009, 04:04 AM
All these people saying it's easy, or you're doing something wrong, are probably 150. At 150 it's easy. At 100 it's a different story.

Just save your spheres, get more levels in the main mission and come back later.

And about defense....defense does very little in this game. 500 dfp will negate 100 points of damage, and 200 defense points will negate 40 points. When taking over 1000 damage a hit, 60 more points of damage means very little. It's all about the elemental % of your armor. The difference between a 12% armor, and a 42% armor is huge. When taking 1000+ hits of damage, having 30% more armor is what can save your life. Then add cati / rainbow and you can have another 20%.

What defense is good for is preventing you from getting knocked down.

Genoa
Apr 24, 2009, 04:10 AM
Yes, defense doesn't mean much (just as it didn't mean much in PSO either)
Elemental defense is the best way to go. I wear a Cati/Rainbow for most situations (unless I find a resist unit to be more useful for the mission)
Having more HP has always been a better life-saver than having more Defense (in PSO and PSU alike)
MST isn't even a really big factor in PSU, it's really leaning all towards your Elemental Defense for tech damage as well.

garjian
Apr 24, 2009, 04:20 AM
i found it simple...
i just used bogga rabado right the way through...
and my slicer a couple of times...

PhdChristmas
Apr 24, 2009, 04:29 AM
Magashi Plan is retardedly easy as a gunner.

Just finished 2 stacks worth of spheres only dying twice. Got 7 pakuda boards in theprocess

Rexob
Apr 24, 2009, 04:30 AM
All these people saying it's easy, or you're doing something wrong, are probably 150. At 150 it's easy. At 100 it's a different story.

In all honesty the biggest difference between 100 and 150 is being able to take 2 shots instead of one in most cases. Either way, I'd practice NOT getting hit period in there. I could clear it easily in the low 110-teens. A lot of it is learning how to beat each room, where to stand, what weapons to use.

Cast GM though is very forgiving in there and EZ-Mode. The last room is a joke with a good 31 Rifle bullet.

PALRAPPYS
Apr 24, 2009, 06:10 AM
As a 150/20 Female Newman AT, I can do this mission. And to be honest, the hardest part is the time. It takes me 40 minutes to finish. I don't need any 1337 skills, tips, defense, techniques, etc to do this. This mission is easy (although it can be time-consuming) if you just know how to play PSU well. Strafing and using enemy "out-of-room" points for safety are the two most major tips I could give.

Just another note, all of my friends who are Fortefighters or Fighmasters or Fighgunners are saying this mission is so ridiculously easy it's stupid. So to you main melee-ers out there, I don't know what you're doing wrong.

RivoseChamp
Apr 24, 2009, 06:36 AM
Im using my lvl 150 FighGunner for this, im pretty much nailing everything with my 2 Germinus Guns 7/7 and 6/6 With Dark Fury, that way im hitting them hard and fast and keeping a good enough distance to avoid any Foie etc damage!

I keep making use of all the monomates and dimates dropping, making sure im set on Trimates for the Bigger Enemies!

Twin Handguns also work a treat, takes a little longer but the strafing ability sure does come in handy!

I was using my 10/10 slicer on them too but the reaction time is to slow and they manage to get in to me everytime,

All in all id have to say FighGunner is working well ( for me at least ), 12 A runs and only 1 death (and thats because i answered the phone)

If youve got machine guns, make use of them!

IrisForscythe
Apr 24, 2009, 07:07 AM
If you got the balls/HP to do it, I've found that a good shotgun bullet can kill most things in one shot at close range and the right level. Save for Dilnazen. Dang bullet resistant bastards.

This works surprisingly well. For delnazen,s retreat back through the door, use the despawn at the door and load up your rifle. if megid comes tsraff left into the hallway.

Overlord Zenon
Apr 24, 2009, 07:47 AM
so has the magashi plan had more added to it now?

NiceOnes
Apr 24, 2009, 09:56 AM
I finished A with my level 117 Fortetecher without any issue. I only used two spells the whole time. Nos-Diga (45) and Nos-Zonde (27).

I have also finished on B with my level 96 Fortegunner... No real accomplishment there I know. We'll see tonite if I can do A with him when he arrives at 100.

I have ran this mission maybe 5 or 6 time with only one two deaths (Megid both times).. I have had the Jaggos spawn twice. Jaggos are useless outsite of White Day. :(

The real secret here is a high % dark armor and a rainbow unit.

Happy updated Friday!!

desturel
Apr 24, 2009, 11:08 AM
On topic: I haven't really TRIED it as a MF yet. It seems to go pretty smoothly for me. Only reason I died was, I forgot to put Diga on my TECH-mag and wore the wrong armor. Whoops! XD I forget easily~ <3 I'll get back to you on doing it as a MF. X3 The evil bunnies jumped me and killed me~. ._.

It's pretty easy as a masterforce. Zonde, noszonde, rabarta, diga and foie could get you through the entire mission if you wanted. It's also easy as an acrotecher. Just use jellen and freeze trap G on the Dil. I died once out of ten runs as a masterforce. Never died as an acrotecher.

SammaeltheDark
Apr 24, 2009, 11:21 AM
Magashi Plan is retardedly easy as a gunner.
This. The more you can keep your distance, the easier the mission becomes. I play an AT and mostly play keep away with twin handguns & cards unless it's a large mob, then I lock it down with a dagger or saber and lightning sonichi combo

In fact the only thing that was able to stop me was my internet connection crapping out on me

fay
Apr 24, 2009, 11:37 AM
was looking on PSUpedia. this will probably seem like i stupid question but i havent done that level yet. when it says block 1-1,a-2 etc. do you go through all of a,b, and c or are you randomly given one of them like in a normal mission. im going with my second guess though

on a side note. how do you think this character would do.
lv 150 F cast Gunmaster 20

EDIT: when we finally do get the full mission. do those magashis come in single enemys or groups. if its groups a lot of people are fucked to be honest. there stronger than the ones in s2 bladed legacy

Powder Keg
Apr 24, 2009, 12:07 PM
Hmm..I lost at the start of the second part as my FT because the Dilnazen killed me in 1 or 2 hits.

Time to use my FF with sick armor and chikki >_>

Neith
Apr 24, 2009, 12:16 PM
Just managed this with a Lv115 Newman Female Acrofighter. (in A-Rank, so yes, Lv150+ mobs). aF really does have an easy time there. You can melee the Dilnazens, use range for dangerous monsters (get Carriguines stuck and spam them to death :lol: ) , and you have traps for the mobs like Bil De Vears.

As for Magashi...he seems really badly nerfed in this mission, I'm guessing because of the state he's left in. As aF I just spammed Burn Trap Gs and Rising Crush. I know you're meant to leave him alive but we don't have the final boxes yet anyway :wacko:

Edit: The new route is pretty cool- when you get to the final Carriguine + Bil De Vear room, you can get the Carriguines stuck by running out through the disarming trap. (Where you fought the lone Carriguine before). A lot of the time, the Carriguines will either de-spawn or get stuck. Just be careful of the Megid barrages (always 3 Megid) and it's pretty easy.

SammaeltheDark
Apr 24, 2009, 12:34 PM
EDIT: when we finally do get the full mission. do those magashis come in single enemys or groups. if its groups a lot of people are fucked to be honest. there stronger than the ones in s2 bladed legacy
You go through a, b, c. When the mission is fully released, there'll be an option of 2 routes you can take, one that leads to a showdown with a single Magashi. But in order to get an S grade, you have to avoid defeating Magashi until Helga gets tired of the show and that leads into a different ending sequence where Magashi joins you and you fight your way out of the lab

SabZero
Apr 24, 2009, 12:48 PM
so has the magashi plan had more added to it now?

It says that Leo and Tonnio join.

ShonagarACE
Apr 24, 2009, 01:15 PM
You go through a, b, c. When the mission is fully released, there'll be an option of 2 routes you can take, one that leads to a showdown with a single Magashi. But in order to get an S grade, you have to avoid defeating Magashi until Helga gets tired of the show and that leads into a different ending sequence where Magashi joins you and you fight your way out of the lab

Yeah, it's like the other story missions. A, B, and C are the blocks, not the maps.

fay
Apr 24, 2009, 01:42 PM
eh thats strange lol. im assuming you dont need the s rank to get the goodies though. only beat that magashi

if its just avoiding then its easy. regrant spam anyone?

BIGGIEstyle
Apr 24, 2009, 04:51 PM

Oh yeah. Bil De Vear x2 on a bridge.

A gunmaster with decent bullets destroys this mission. If you use more than 29 trimates (or 39 as funky pointed out) you're not making effective use of the other mates. While dimate and monomate are worthless in a fight you can make back spent HP after spawns are dead by spamming 10 of them in a row.

Bil de vear x2 on a bridge? Paradi if you have one.

FM isn't THAT impossible. Just need to know how to react fast. You'll want Majarra/robado/tornado for most of the spawns as jabroga keeps you pinned in one spot long enough to get OHKOed by buffed enemies or megid. Stay mobile and deal damage.

For heavy hitters like bil de's on a bridge, use a freeze trap G. While one is frozen annihilate the other, then repeat.

FM is more challenging, but hardly impossible.

pinkace
Apr 24, 2009, 06:12 PM
Ok, I tried 7 times to finish with me level 101 Female Beast, back as fortefighter, and died every time on block B1. either I suck more than i thought, or I need new equipment. I used up all my megispheres, so I can't try anymore. Worst part is that I died the last time crushed by those... crushing things! It was an accident! :(

fay
Apr 24, 2009, 06:29 PM
i believe it was 5 minutes. i think the problem with this is that most people will get bored rather than beat up :/

does anyone know if you need to wait it out to get the boxes or win to get them?

Tsavo
Apr 25, 2009, 01:38 AM
Ok, I tried 7 times to finish with me level 101 Female Beast, back as fortefighter, and died every time on block B1. either I suck more than i thought, or I need new equipment. I used up all my megispheres, so I can't try anymore. Worst part is that I died the last time crushed by those... crushing things! It was an accident! :(

I take it the Dilnezen are giving you a hard time? I used Light Gudda Gant with bogga robado(buffed by the Rabol Gant armor) on their backs when there was one and spammed majarra with a Mugunruk when the came in pairs. Easiest way to do this is to wait after they've attacked or to move behind where they're going to land as they jump. Dark armor wouldn't be a bad idea either.

lantis-zagato
Apr 25, 2009, 05:52 PM
Ive finished it on A up to what is available at the moment with a 150 beast guntecher. I used xbows for the most part to stay mobile. Past half health I used a trimate. On the big enemies used a machine gun for rapid damage. (I was hitting 220's which adds up quickly with the reduced enemy health) Then I used my invincible beast when the carriguines and bil de's started spawning one after another in that last room before meeting helga and magashi.

InfiniDragon
Apr 25, 2009, 06:10 PM
Running this mission is cake with Tornado Dance. My FM does it pretty much effortlessly (especially Magashi, he didn't land a single hit, lol). I think it's more about using PAs or bullets that allow you to take advantage of stagger/knockdown (Tornado, Rising Strike, rifle bullets, etc.) rather than just pure power (aka shotty, Haxarra, Grav Break, etc.)

I actually think techers get a raw deal here. Even though they can heal themselves, no options for multi-target enemies and limited stagger/knockdown TECHs means bad times when two Carriguines and a Vear are rollin' thru.

Overlord Zenon
Apr 25, 2009, 06:13 PM
i found the mission fairly easy tho, altho i wish the entire thing was here

AzureBlaze
Apr 25, 2009, 09:53 PM
Does the timer actually DO anything on this mission?
Everyone says it doesn't, and I don't think it seems to matter either. For that matter, why is Roar of Flames timed?

Helgas' house of horrors here is certainly a challenge. I like how DIFF it is from regular areas. Disarming traps, and really rotten moves like the double bil bridge. Everyone complaining about 'easy mode' should have to come in to this mission. Though, I think my anti-PowerRangers-predjudice here is finally coming around to kick me. (Don't know tornado dance, dont know dus majarra & etc) Still, I would say even if you die midway it's WAY worth it for the drops. I'm going to be able to synth everything come bonus time with what this place has dished out.

Randomness
Apr 25, 2009, 09:56 PM
The best stuff is in the first half anyways. For now.

Come full mission, the end boxes will be win.

JC10001
Apr 25, 2009, 10:10 PM
Its very easy with a gunner. My 150/20 Male Cast Gunmaster with level 50 photon arts can 1 hit kill all of the small creatures using a rifle and the larger ones only take a few shots. I cleared it on my first try.

Randomness
Apr 25, 2009, 10:29 PM
Its very easy with a gunner. My 150/20 Male Cast Gunmaster with level 50 photon arts can 1 hit kill all of the small creatures using a rifle and the larger ones only take a few shots. I cleared it on my first try.

Yes. We know that a capped char with capped arts will blow through it.

We're talking people who aren't at a level where they can't be challenged by the game anymore.

desturel
Apr 26, 2009, 01:59 AM
It's pretty easy as a masterforce. Zonde, noszonde, rabarta, diga and foie could get you through the entire mission if you wanted. It's also easy as an acrotecher. Just use jellen and freeze trap G on the Dil. I died once out of ten runs as a masterforce. Never died as an acrotecher.

I just did this as a beast gunmaster. As expected it was lol easy. Vande Val takes any of the challenging parts and makes them cake. I started selling off all of my dimates and trimates at the beginning of each mission and just using what I pick up during the mission for heals. I still think acrotecher is easy, but rifles make this a sleep walk mission.

Deragonite
Apr 26, 2009, 02:47 AM
The mission isn't hard as long as you're properly leveled and you know how to play your class.

Sano
Apr 26, 2009, 02:52 AM
Murdered this mission easily as 117 Male Beast / Acrotecher 20. With some good dodging and knowing how to utilize the rooms nooks and crannies, its a cake-walk ^^

sovalou
Apr 26, 2009, 03:20 AM
Owned this mission multiple times now as a Human GT 16, lvl 112. And as my reward I was bestowed with 2 shigga pakuda's and a melan knuckle. :D

Overlord Zenon
Apr 26, 2009, 06:40 AM
the mission isnt all that hard, guess we gotta wait till the next update tho for the rest of it

DAMASCUS
Apr 26, 2009, 11:08 AM
Once we have the last part...how long do you have to dodge Magashi before the match ends? I tried going for 5+ mins but nothing happened so it must not be possible without the last addition...unless there is some other trick?

fay
Apr 29, 2009, 09:53 AM
just tried this for my first time.
i got destroyed off those carriguines and bears. well i kinda took a lot of them down but its annoying.

any ideas of the type of weapons i should be using. im a female gunmaster 20 and level 150.
im using rattlesnakes, love inferno, shigga pakudas, battlestoppers. my twin handgun and shotgun bullets are all 41+. lazers 21+ and rifles 31+

i should be finding this not too bad but i kinda die in one hit if critical and 2 non critical

Darius_Drake
Apr 29, 2009, 10:14 AM
Kill this mission with ease. The only reason I won't finish it is if there is an interruption between me and the server. I use a beast Fighmaster with an invincible beast:

1.) For smaller creatures like navals I use the Chainsawd+. It allows me to heal as I deal damage and horde my healing items for when I really need them.

2.) Learn the order of when each creature spawns and where. This can give you a good jump on what weapon to start the fight with.

3.) Some creatures are super dangerous and are safer to attack with tornado dance. Some of these creatures include the two Bil de Vears on the bridge and the multiple Carriguines found in the same small room in the other path.

4.) Learn which parts of the mission consistently give you trouble, swallow your pride and use the invincible beast.

This will lead you to some easy successful missions when you put it all together.

Musekaze
Apr 29, 2009, 10:32 AM
I've completed this mission as PT once (as the other times I was just hunting Pakuda and ditching after the braggas), When I was in my 130s. Barada Inga point-blank the Navas, burn ex trap the Delp Slamis, point blank them if they survive. One freeze ex will take out the drua gohras.

After the first block, I switch to stun EX on the braggas, flying HIVE things (can't remember the name) and Dils. While still stunned I use light gudda gants/gudda skela on respective elements. Point-blank barada riga the Zoonas.

Inga/Riga/Yoga shotty vs the dark anklebiters (can't remember name) and skela + robado on vandas.

I never actually... beat the original path, so I didn't know which was which, and I ended up with the Magashi path, meaning Vears and Carriguines. Abused despawn spots or got them caught on corners and busted out bows of respective elements for each.

By using monomates between rooms I still managed to have... 5 trimates by the time I faught magashi. I had 1 burn ex left so I Majarra'd him. I'll have to try the original route when I get the chance, but seeing as I'm capp'd now from RoF spam, I won't have much to brag about.

ShonagarACE
Apr 29, 2009, 11:21 AM
I've completed this mission as PT once (as the other times I was just hunting Pakuda and ditching after the braggas), When I was in my 130s. Barada Inga point-blank the Navas, burn ex trap the Delp Slamis, point blank them if they survive. One freeze ex will take out the drua gohras.

After the first block, I switch to stun EX on the braggas, flying HIVE things (can't remember the name) and Dils. While still stunned I use light gudda gants/gudda skela on respective elements. Point-blank barada riga the Zoonas.

Inga/Riga/Yoga shotty vs the dark anklebiters (can't remember name) and skela + robado on vandas.

I never actually... beat the original path, so I didn't know which was which, and I ended up with the Magashi path, meaning Vears and Carriguines. Abused despawn spots or got them caught on corners and busted out bows of respective elements for each.

By using monomates between rooms I still managed to have... 5 trimates by the time I faught magashi. I had 1 burn ex left so I Majarra'd him. I'll have to try the original route when I get the chance, but seeing as I'm capp'd now from RoF spam, I won't have much to brag about.

Oh hey, Grant Imahara. That sounds like a pretty darn good strategy.

Enigmatic
Apr 29, 2009, 11:43 AM
When I went through, I was on a cast FiG and Paradi saved my rear from the Dilnazens (killed the nava ludda and got most or all of them to spawn and then used Paradi to kill them without the pain) and the Bil De Vear bridge.

The main thing with the new route is to get the buffed Carriguines and Bil De Vears to get stuck behind the geometry of the area and shoot at them when they're stuck (while dodging the megid from the Carriguines.), because those buffed guys kill my 150/20 CAST FiG who has a little over 3800 HP :-o. Overall for survival you'll have to take a while, and untill the last update to the mission occurs, there really isn't a whole lot to go for at the end (no made Gaozoran Rods drop until then)

ranpha
Apr 29, 2009, 12:36 PM
this mission is made for gunner
done this 6 times so far as GM, 5 times went to the end, and the only time i died was because i forgot that big falling hammer (-_-)

fay
Apr 29, 2009, 12:39 PM
ranpha how do you handle the carriguines and bears at the end as a gunner :/

Sano
Apr 29, 2009, 12:41 PM
For all of the people accidentally getting killed by the Red Hammers: Try glancing at your radar every so often - They are marked by pink squares incase you haven't noticed ^^.

Also, question: Do they one hit kill you or just hit really hard?

@Fay: Run back past the lasers that unequip your weapons and back up the ramp to where you first get into that area. When you do that, the Carriguines and Bil De's get stuck behind the walls. Once they do, just shoot till dead. Beware of the Carriguine's Megid shots (always 3 consecutively) and their Floor Wave attack... it goes pretty far and hurts.... Good luck Fay ^^

Musekaze
Apr 29, 2009, 01:51 PM
Oh hey, Grant Imahara. That sounds like a pretty darn good strategy.

he's my idol, thank you for comparing me to him! *shiny anime eyes*

I was just shocked no one had posted a PT strategy in a whole 9 pages.

Enigmatic
Apr 29, 2009, 02:24 PM
Here's a PT strat for you: Shoot them a lot with shotgun and/or bow, and use traps on the guys you hate. Carriguines are the only exceptions, because for whatever reason they don't get SE by the burn, freeze, and stun traps., you'll have to get them trapped and shoot them with a bow or something.

Meta77
Apr 29, 2009, 05:15 PM
ive beat it 4 times. its really not hard. just long. you do have to pay attention to what your doing though.

ShonagarACE
Apr 29, 2009, 08:18 PM
he's my idol, thank you for comparing me to him! *shiny anime eyes*

I was just shocked no one had posted a PT strategy in a whole 9 pages.

Haha I just remember saying that when I was in a game with you. But yeah, he's a badass, I saw him speak at my college.

ErtaiClou
Apr 29, 2009, 09:48 PM

I haven't tried it with my beast cause melee looks like it would stink but just for the heck of it I tried it with my lvl 150 GM 20 CAseal and for what I can tell it's one hit kill. If someone has found otherwise I'd like to know.

ranpha
Apr 29, 2009, 10:17 PM
fay: i use my lv3X rifle on the carriguine, they will usually die before making any movment

jaguar: one hit kill, no doubt (-_-)

ChibiBecca
Apr 30, 2009, 12:25 AM

i knew it was there, i just fell foul of lag and didn't get past it in time. that's the only time one killed me, and it was a one hit KO.

the rest of the time, i've just died due to being hit before i could heal. i've only tried A once, B trashes me enough on the later parts. :p