PDA

View Full Version : People booting before boss or at the boss

stormtrooperx
Apr 24, 2009, 08:44 AM
Sega can you pls do something to prevent this. Always during events it's what most people do mostly nubs. Is there a way u can put no booting before the last block instead of before end of killing the boss. I wish you guys know how annoying it is to be booted after doing all the blocks. In just this first 2 hours of the big push I know of at lease 6 diffrent people that boot people for boss box. And it's easier to do in big push. So pls try to do something. I also try reporting them but it's a waste of time

ashley50
Apr 24, 2009, 08:47 AM
which side are you on? PC/PS2 side or 360 side?

ShonagarACE
Apr 24, 2009, 08:47 AM
If you want to get SEGA's attention, it would probably be better to do it on a site that is even vaguely affiliated with the company. You know, like the official site for the game.

Sounds like booting sucks. I wouldn't know, but hey, that's life right?

Ashley, trooper here plays on 360.

ashley50
Apr 24, 2009, 08:48 AM
oh no wonder lol...that explains why.

Dhylec
Apr 24, 2009, 08:51 AM
From a large community & such an event, you'd get the best & worst of people. It's bound to happen. If you have info on the booter, report to Sega for some justice - hopefully.

HyperShot-X-
Apr 24, 2009, 01:41 PM
Sega can you pls do something to prevent this. Always during events it's what most people do mostly nubs. Is there a way u can put no booting before the last block instead of before end of killing the boss. I wish you guys know how annoying it is to be booted after doing all the blocks. In just this first 2 hours of the big push I know of at lease 6 diffrent people that boot people for boss box. And it's easier to do in big push. So pls try to do something. I also try reporting them but it's a waste of time
this is what happens when you keep joining total stranger noob party one after another, and don't expect Sonic Team to do anything about booting at the last block which they won't because it will mean disabling leader's right to boot ppl who intentionally joins late for boss drops only. Just don't expect SEGA to solve all the problems for you.

I have not encountered any booting before boss fight since Parum GBR last year because
1) I always try to lead if I have 2* or 3* luck and ignore those noob players with shytty luck spamming "S2 RUNZ WFI" in lobby
2) I try to party up with friends on my list if possible. If you're a reasonably high leveled player then it's not that hard to have a long list of friends to party with.
3) If I have no other options and joins a random party, I make note of party leader's char name and Live tag in case I need to leave player feed back later. If I ever get booted before boss then everyone in lobby will know it because I'll be spamming "XXX boots for boss drop". I would do this not just for myself but for the community which will benefit me in return eventually in the long run.

Overlord Zenon
Apr 24, 2009, 02:05 PM
yeah its assy, but seems people just get greedy, so why even have open party? just have a passworded party then if your going to boot ppl

stormtrooperx
Apr 24, 2009, 02:45 PM
yeah its assy, but seems people just get greedy, so why even have open party? just have a passworded party then if your going to boot ppl

I agree just put a password. And if I'm ldr wen I get to the last block I'll just put a pass on it so ppl won't join late

Suzuka Miyamoto
Apr 24, 2009, 04:04 PM
The booting system should go by a voting system. When leader wants to boot a player in the partly. All other player should beable to choose by voting to kick the person or not.

Like in "ea" games like battlefield modern combat.

OldCoot
Apr 24, 2009, 04:24 PM

I thnk the booters will just boot right before the can't boot anymore if Sega changes it. All the booters are after is to use others to get them though a mission faster.

The only real way to put this to an end is have a universe where the option is always disabled or remove booting all together. The voting might be ok but for a 2 person party or where you have a party where several folks who know one another join, they could then boot the odd man out and take over.

Lastly. list them on the official site. You can't here becaue of the rules but I see other players listing the duds in the game all the time. Once word gets out the booters find they can't get into as many parties. I usually hang around the lobby and let the other players know who the booter is also.

Inazuma
Apr 24, 2009, 04:25 PM
The booting system is fine as it is. Asshole players are the real problem. Anyway, they fixed this on the JP ver recently. We can now black list any player anytime. You only need their ID# which you can easily get from the logs. As for when this update finds its way to the english servers, my guess would be 12 ~ 18 months. Just gotta be patient.

goldbrease
Apr 24, 2009, 05:56 PM
The booting system should go by a voting system. When leader wants to boot a player in the partly. All other player should beable to choose by voting to kick the person or not.

Like in "ea" games like battlefield modern combat.

theres always problems with the vote kick as well.
many other games that have it mike mgs4 online. you might get 1 or 2 people on a team and they abuse a glitch or use lag so they can do stuff to you when you don't know they are there.

the vote kick is brought up and usually the team they are on will vote no because there team will be winning because of the cheating.

OldCoot
Apr 24, 2009, 06:16 PM
The booting system is fine as it is. Asshole players are the real problem. Anyway, they fixed this on the JP ver recently. We can now black list any player anytime. You only need their ID# which you can easily get from the logs. As for when this update finds its way to the english servers, my guess would be 12 ~ 18 months. Just gotta be patient.

I don't quite follow. I am not in front of my game but I could swear I could Blist someone who is in the same run as me. How is the JP version different then?

Overlord Zenon
Apr 24, 2009, 06:18 PM
I just play on my own or with some allies but we never boot each other never have so i dont see us starting that soon

Inazuma
Apr 24, 2009, 06:25 PM
I don't quite follow. I am not in front of my game but I could swear I could Blist someone who is in the same run as me. How is the JP version different then?

Right now you need some kind of contact with a player to Blacklist them right? Partner card, simple mail, my room visit/message or have them near you like in a lobby or mission. This isn't needed at all on JP ver. As long as you can find their ID# from your logs, you can use that to blacklist them.

Like the example given in this topic, someone could boot you from the party just before a boss. Instead of waiting outside the mission counter, hoping they show up, you could just check your logs and blacklist them on the spot. The asshole players can't hide anymore. If they want to keep booting everyone for selfish reasons, they will regret it later when they can't join random parties or use player shops.

Shinko
Apr 24, 2009, 07:29 PM
I just b-list the person or give them bad feedback on there 360 account and block them.

There no use of me going are saying this person boots when I could be in another party trying to get rares. Yes i have been booted. And I'll been boot a lot but i learn it's just wasting my time getting mad about it.

ChibiBecca
Apr 24, 2009, 07:44 PM
by 'logs', i'm guessing this is a PC-user only option? unless there's some option on the PS2 i'm still unaware of.

stormtrooperx
Apr 24, 2009, 07:51 PM
No mostly booters are in the 360. From my exsperience.

XenithFlare
Apr 25, 2009, 03:10 PM
theres always problems with the vote kick as well.
many other games that have it mike mgs4 online. you might get 1 or 2 people on a team and they abuse a glitch or use lag so they can do stuff to you when you don't know they are there.

the vote kick is brought up and usually the team they are on will vote no because there team will be winning because of the cheating.

This... doesn't apply, though. O.o; In MGS4 you're playing against another team; in PSU you're all on THE SAME TEAM. If the leader votes to kick someone right before the boxes, no one's going to say yes.

Warlock01
Apr 25, 2009, 03:21 PM
booted 4 times today by different people.

because of the huge amount of visit's here daily, could we not post a shame list?
the second boot i got today, i sent a priv chat request to the dude and he accepted. he thought i wanted a trade from this forum so he's a poster here.
i gave him as much shit as possible until he ended the convo.
send neg feedback and blisted him.

but still wont stop him booting anyone else when ever he wants.

Randomness
Apr 25, 2009, 03:50 PM
A shame list would be against forum rules.

Warlock01
Apr 26, 2009, 06:12 AM
i know but would the admins not concider changing the rules?
im sure it would greatly benefit the community here.

Dragwind
Apr 26, 2009, 06:28 AM
i know but would the admins not concider changing the rules?
im sure it would greatly benefit the community here.

That would end up causing more problems.

Forum Rules (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/faq.php?faq=vb3_board_faq#faq_forumrules)

This would violate numerous rules, especially 10 and 17.

Sano
Apr 26, 2009, 06:29 AM
People could claim all sorts of things and say they aren't able to prove it since they are playing on PS2. Our only bet would be by word of mouth on Caelum. Even then, I can see some people being mean to people if they complain about it openly like that... or maybe not... I guess it would have to depend on how people are feeling that day :lol:

**Edit**: Wow, I haven't read those rules in FOREVER! Like... back when I first joined PSO-World! How nostalgic! Thanks PSOW Moderator ^^

stormtrooperx
Apr 26, 2009, 07:22 AM
can u get suspended from psu if u get black listed so many times by diffrent ppl?

Powder Keg
Apr 26, 2009, 08:36 AM
No, if that were the case, there'd be a handful of people we wouldn't see anymore.

PACHI
Apr 26, 2009, 11:00 AM
It happens on all servers. PC and PS2 consoles aren't sold only to the nicest of people in this world. " Hey, your a mad person! We cannot authorize your purchase for a PS2 due to your lack of kindness. Please leave my store, or i may have SONY book you Downtown! PC/PS2 Users get on here and claim their "Holly Land" of a world when the see a thread like this. I know about 3 players from the "Holly Land" who used to play, and they would get booted with people the never played with. Eventually they meet "FRIENDS" an never got booted again. We don't have an asshole/resist to prevent this. Their all over the world and we just have to live with it, or just meet some friends that you can trust. I know about 10 people I can trust with meseta and a crap load of player cards to do runs with. People who say they've never been booted aren't completely honest. (unless they've played with friends ONLY since day one). Especially if they've been playing for over 6 months!

ShonagarACE
Apr 26, 2009, 05:44 PM
It happens on all servers. PC and PS2 consoles aren't sold only to the nicest of people in this world. " Hey, your a mad person! We cannot authorize your purchase for a PS2 due to your lack of kindness. Please leave my store, or i may have SONY book you Downtown! PC/PS2 Users get on here and claim their "Holly Land" of a world when the see a thread like this. I know about 3 players from the "Holly Land" who used to play, and they would get booted with people the never played with. Eventually they meet "FRIENDS" an never got booted again. We don't have an asshole/resist to prevent this. Their all over the world and we just have to live with it, or just meet some friends that you can trust. I know about 10 people I can trust with meseta and a crap load of player cards to do runs with. People who say they've never been booted aren't completely honest. (unless they've played with friends ONLY since day one). Especially if they've been playing for over 6 months!

I don't think anyone here is calling the PC/PS2 a "holy land".

PACHI
Apr 26, 2009, 06:17 PM
I don't think anyone here is calling the PC/PS2 a "holy land".

Since we don't know what quotation marks mean in the English language, I was using irony according to the description which has been told of the PC/PS2 server players. Quotation marks may be used to indicate to the reader of a statement which may not be completely true(irony). No one has to call it that, but you get the idea. Also, no one would care what you think.:-?

DreXxiN
Apr 26, 2009, 06:38 PM
Since we don't know what quotation marks mean in the English language, I was using irony according to the description which has been told of the PC/PS2 server players. Quotation marks may be used to indicate to the reader of a statement which may not be completely true(irony). No one has to call it that, but you get the idea. Also, no one has to call it that, neither would anyone care what you think.:-?

I wouldn't really call out ACE with a tone of sarcastic asshole-ism on not knowing the english language when you mispelled "Holy"...

Just saying..

And to be honest..I've actually never been booted on a PC/PS2 server for no reason..I recently quit and started on release date.

MadDogg
Apr 26, 2009, 07:35 PM

Yep man, I said this time in time again, in the same type of topics, overrrrr and overrrrr. What can ya do though, the PSU community is extremely stupid when it comes to stereotypes.

Alnet
Apr 26, 2009, 08:36 PM
Since we don't know what quotation marks mean in the English language, I was using irony according to the description which has been told of the PC/PS2 server players. Quotation marks may be used to indicate to the reader of a statement which may not be completely true(irony). No one has to call it that, but you get the idea. Also, no one has to call it that, neither would anyone care what you think.:-?
That's not irony, that's "sarcasm." :wacko: The fact that you're mocking someone over using English improperly and doing it yourself is ironic, however!

But more on topic, I've been here since Week 1 on PC/PS2, and I've only been booted for stupid reasons maybe once. That was because there was someone back in v1 demanding (DEMANDING!!) to be buffed. I have no problem buffing people, but I'm not going to run through waves of enemies as a Fortetecher in v1 to buff someone on the opposite side of the room, while being screamed at by someone acting like a drill sergeant on an acid trip. The line that some of my group still use today (thanks to this asshat) is "I'M NOT MOVING ONE STEP WITHOUT MY BUFFS."

So yes, we on PC/PS2 do have our share of idiots. And yes, we do run into them on a day-to-day basis. But I will tell you that I've never been booted over boss box rares, nor do I know anyone who has.

Shinko
Apr 26, 2009, 09:24 PM

I so agree with this. Man i couldn't said it better. I don't know why ppl seem to think boots don't happen on pc/ps2 side. It does... and not rarely too. I know i played there longer than i played on the 360. Though i will say it happen more on 360 but that ONLY because 360 have more ppl. I know if pc'ps2 side had the same amount of ppl it be just as bad. if you was to go by percentages instead of numbers it be the same amount.

Hey, your a mad person! We cannot authorize your purchase for a PS2 due to your lack of kindness. Please leave my store, or i may have SONY book you Downtown!

That made me lol. ah man too funny ha....

ChibiBecca
Apr 26, 2009, 09:53 PM
But more on topic, I've been here since Week 1 on PC/PS2, and I've only been booted for stupid reasons maybe once. That was because there was someone back in v1 demanding (DEMANDING!!) to be buffed. I have no problem buffing people, but I'm not going to run through waves of enemies as a Fortetecher in v1 to buff someone on the opposite side of the room, while being screamed at by someone acting like a drill sergeant on an acid trip. The line that some of my group still use today (thanks to this asshat) is "I'M NOT MOVING ONE STEP WITHOUT MY BUFFS."

So yes, we on PC/PS2 do have our share of idiots. And yes, we do run into them on a day-to-day basis. But I will tell you that I've never been booted over boss box rares, nor do I know anyone who has.

i joined a random party today and had a guy grump at me for daring to heal him, and told me not to buff him with my 'weak' (41+) buffs. total reverse of the guy you described. :p

i've yet to be booted for box rares.. only been booted because the person was soloing and didn't bother to lock the party.

PACHI
Apr 26, 2009, 10:12 PM
I wouldn't really call out ACE with a tone of sarcastic asshole-ism on not knowing the english language when you mispelled "Holy"...

Just saying..

And to be honest..I've actually never been booted on a PC/PS2 server for no reason..I recently quit and started on release date.

First off, my spell check was enabled and it was always fixing it as "HOLLY" (might have some kind of atheist add-on) which I knew was being misspelled but it could have taken a while to disable. Secondly, ACE came with the same amount of sarcasm by spelling it correctly with quotation marks (which he did'nt know the "sneer" use of the quotation mark). Furthermore, if you want to pick on my grammar, try using the ellipsis correct. Its three periods, not two. You also misspelled "misspelled". Lastly, read carefully before defending someone, you'll look twice as stupid.

...Oh, and your not being honest.

Edit:
That's not irony, that's "sarcasm." :wacko: The fact that you're mocking someone over using English improperly and doing it yourself is ironic, however!

If you knew English properly, you would know that a statement with irony, can sound sarcastic as well. WOW!

ShonagarACE
Apr 26, 2009, 10:18 PM
First off, my spell check was enabled and it was always fixing it as "HOLLY" (might have some kind of atheist add-on) which I knew was being misspelled but it could have taken a while to disable. Secondly, ACE came with the same amount of sarcasm by spelling it correctly with quotation marks (which he did'nt know the "sneer" use of the quotation mark). Furthermore, if you want to pick on my grammar, try using the ellipsis correct. Its three periods, not two. Lastly, read carefully before defending someone, you'll look twice as stupid.

...Oh, and your not being honest.

It's "you're", since you still insist on being rude. Drex is probably being honest, I've never been booted either. As everyone here has stated, our servers have idiots too. I don't know why you all act like we're not saying that.

Alnet
Apr 26, 2009, 10:39 PM
First off, my spell check was enabled and it was always fixing it as "HOLLY" (might have some kind of atheist add-on), which I knew was being misspelled but it could have taken a while to disable. Secondly, ACE came with the same amount of sarcasm by spelling it correctly with quotation marks (which he didn't know the "sneer" use of the quotation mark). Furthermore, if you want to pick on my grammar, try using the ellipsis correct. It's three periods, not two. You also misspelled "misspelled". Lastly, read carefully before defending someone, you'll look twice as stupid.

...Oh, and you're not being honest.

Edit:

If you knew English properly, you would know that a statement with irony can sound sarcastic as well. WOW!
Fixed for spelling/grammatical errors. You'll have to try harder than that.

Also, please pay attention to the actual argument at hand: Both servers have stupid people. Don't ignore the opposing argument out of convenience and resort to personal attacks.

PACHI
Apr 26, 2009, 10:50 PM
It's "you're", since you still insist on being rude. Drex is probably being honest, I've never been booted either. As everyone here has stated, our servers have idiots too. I don't know why you all act like we're not saying that.

Good job on editing your post. "Your" buddy already made both of you look bad.

ShonagarACE
Apr 26, 2009, 10:56 PM
Good job on editing your post. "Your" buddy already made both of you look bad.

Did you read the post above this? And yes, you used the right word this time, congratulations.

PACHI
Apr 26, 2009, 10:58 PM
Fixed for spelling/grammatical errors. You'll have to try harder than that.

Also, please pay attention to the actual argument at hand: both servers have stupid people. Don't ignore the opposing argument out of convenience and resort to personal attacks.

Just as I stated. Read the post. Don't just check for my spelling... and "thank you" for the correction.:-?

Edit: It's only capital when a colon is followed by an acronym or proper noun.

Did you read the post above this? And yes, you used the right word this time, congratulations.
Yea! I typed the post. ?!?!

Alnet
Apr 26, 2009, 11:23 PM
Just as I stated. Read the post. Don't just check for my spelling... and "thank you" for the correction.:-?

Edit: It's only capital when a colon is followed by an acronym or proper noun.

Yea! I typed it.
Glad to see you're figuring it out. Now can we actually get back on topic? This whole grammar argument is going to end up getting the thread locked.

So like you said, PACHI, it happens on all servers. Nobody is making the PC/PS2 servers out to be like a convent of saints. If there's any exaggeration at all on the X360's box booting, it's because there's so many threads complaining about scammers and booters from X360 players. Nary a time has one been seen from a PC/PS2 player, but that doesn't mean it doesn't happen, nor are we ignoring that it does happen. The times it does happen are few and far in between enough for the majority of the population to not have ever experienced it.

PACHI
Apr 26, 2009, 11:42 PM
Glad to see you're figuring it out. Now can we actually get back on topic? This whole grammar argument is going to end up getting the thread locked.

So like you said, PACHI, it happens on all servers. Nobody is making the PC/PS2 servers out to be like a convent of saints. If there's any exaggeration at all on the X360's box booting, it's because there's so many threads complaining about scammers and booters from X360 players. Nary a time has one been seen from a PC/PS2 player, but that doesn't mean it doesn't happen, nor are we ignoring that it does happen. The times it does happen are few and far in between enough for the majority of the population to not have ever experienced it.

Just to clear the air, ACE started the whole spelling thing with "Holy" and Since you have nothing else to say about my grammar after correcting you, lets get back on topic.:-)

Before saying nobody, you must read previous threads on those making PC/PS2 server a convent of saints. I've only been booted from people doing solo and forget to lock the party or when i join and the party is fighting the boss, but usually they just kindly tell me to leave. Xbox has more people, so yea, that means a higher chance of more assholes. But in the end, it's all the same.

ShonagarACE
Apr 26, 2009, 11:58 PM
Just to clear the air, ACE started the whole spelling thing with "Holy" and Since you have nothing else to say about my grammar after correcting you, lets get back on topic.:-)

Before saying nobody, you must read previous threads on those making PC/PS2 server a convent of saints. I've only been booted from people doing solo and forget to lock the party or when i join and the party is fighting the boss, but usually they just kindly tell me to leave. Xbox has more people, so yea, that means a higher chance of more assholes. But in the end, it's all the same.

Just to clear the way you cleared the air, I quoted that because it was ridiculous, not because you misspelled it.

PACHI
Apr 27, 2009, 12:04 AM
Just to clear the way you cleared the air, I quoted that because it was ridiculous, not because you misspelled it.

When you quote me and spell it correctly, it's called sarcasm.

So back on topic, any booting experiances ACE?

Edit: yea, there you go

ShonagarACE
Apr 27, 2009, 12:09 AM
Read my second post. I was spelling correctly but it kept auto correcting as HOLLY on the ABC check add-on. Oh, and when you quote me and spell it correctly, it's called sarcasm.

I don't care about your spell check, I'm saying I didn't care that it was spelled holly, and that wasn't my point. All I was saying was, most threads on this topic go exactly this way. I'm agreeing that there are idiots everywhere, and pointing out that booting seems to be more of an issue on the 360. For some reason, that seems to elicit personal attacks.

I don't understand why you would act like people are lying when they say they've never been booted on PC/PS2.

PACHI
Apr 27, 2009, 12:13 AM
I don't care about your spell check, I'm saying I didn't care that it was spelled holly, and that wasn't my point. All I was saying was, most threads on this topic go exactly this way. I'm agreeing that there are idiots everywhere, and pointing out that booting seems to be more of an issue on the 360. For some reason, that seems to elicit personal attacks.

I don't understand why you would act like people are lying when they say they've never been booted on PC/PS2.

All I was saying (like in my first post) is that most people on PC/PS2 make it sound like a Holy land, but you got offended. By the way, I removed the horrible spell check add-on. I spell better than that thing. HOLY!

The_Brimada
Apr 27, 2009, 12:21 AM
Anyway... I've never been booted before the boss or at the boss ever.

One of the only times I've ever got booted was in V1 simply for being a guntecher the day of its release.

beatrixkiddo
Apr 27, 2009, 12:22 AM
The only time I've been booted, it was because I didn't have 50% boost during a GBR, :lol:

PACHI
Apr 27, 2009, 12:25 AM
Anyway... I've never been booted before the boss or at the boss ever.

One of the only times I've ever got booted was in V1 simply for being a guntecher the day of its release.

Guntechers aren't that bad, especialy if you dont have a AT in your party.

Alnet
Apr 27, 2009, 12:25 AM
The only time I've been booted, it was because I didn't have 50% boost during a GBR, :lol:
Agh, those 50% or GTFO parties make me sick. In Parum GBR, even though I had 50% boost, I made an effort to avoid those groups.

Of all the things to get 1337 over, that's one of the most ridiculous.

The_Brimada
Apr 27, 2009, 12:32 AM
I managed to get in a 40% or higher party with 30ish, but apparently the leader did not notice XD.

WHlTEKNIGHT
Apr 27, 2009, 03:21 AM
Agh, those 50% or GTFO parties make me sick. In Parum GBR, even though I had 50% boost, I made an effort to avoid those groups.

Of all the things to get 1337 over, that's one of the most ridiculous.If I have put in the effort to get to 50% all I ask is that people have atleast 40% in my party.

MadDogg
Apr 27, 2009, 03:37 AM
If I have put in the effort to get to 50% all I ask is that people have atleast 40% in my party.

Man, those %'s didn't mean a damn thing when it came to end box drops, only crap dropped by enemies. I found my luminus/kaos knight in like a, 97% or so boosted room. Those 50 % only rooms were always stupid in my opinion.

Ryna
Apr 27, 2009, 04:25 AM
Locked due to the petty flaming that is happening.