PDA

View Full Version : The big push.. try the big boot or big scam..

buzyb77
Apr 24, 2009, 04:57 PM
currently there are many people that a kicking people out of parties after the 3rd block or before the boxes....

also not that you get less EXP from thes moms ave as a Whole WORSE drops...

sorry the Big Push is a Big Fail....

anyone else..

BioWarrior
Apr 24, 2009, 05:05 PM
I agree on those points but it's a nice mission to up the kill counter alittle faster. It also makes it near impossible to use techs too since if a fighmaster joins they want to tornado dance spam in those wide open spaces. Only techs I've found effective to use until block 3 is high level RA or nosdiga bleh

garjian
Apr 24, 2009, 05:19 PM
as a fortefighter...
im having to pretty much stick to my off-slicer...
and dugrega on the last block...

and yeah... this mission is just asking for box boots :P

i cant wait for it to die.

garjian
Apr 24, 2009, 05:27 PM
i disagree...

its the same without the move part...
and its turned everyone into a gunner, and every gunner into an elitist (even more so that they were before) even though its really easy...

this mission seems to have turned everyone from silent nobodies into arseholes...

PALRAPPYS
Apr 24, 2009, 05:30 PM
i disagree...

its the same without the move part...
and its turned everyone into a gunner, and every gunner into an elitist (even more so that they were before) even though its really easy...

this mission seems to have turned everyone from silent nobodies into arseholes...

Not really.

Personally I enjoy the mission, and gunners aren't necessarily the best on these missions. Protransers are good damage and support with traps, plus Acrotechers have good buffs. And don't forgot the main damage comes from the fighters.

Volcompat321
Apr 24, 2009, 05:32 PM
garjian you are wrong. ive actually seen more melee types. and your also wrong about people being more of an elitist "arsehole" if they were before, they are now. it hasnt changed much. poeple dont become "elitist arseholes" overnight, cause of one mission. and people that are getting booted, im guessing your on the 360? not a big surprise there. as of this post, i havent seen or heard of anyone on the pc/ps2 servers being booted...cause we are nice people on this side....(jk) (but seriously, havent heard anything about being booted on our side)

garjian
Apr 24, 2009, 05:33 PM
Not really.

Personally I enjoy the mission, and gunners aren't necessarily the best on these missions. Protransers are good damage and support with traps, plus Acrotechers have good buffs. And don't forgot the main damage comes from the fighters.

noones said their better other than themselves :P
ive been booted out of several parties today for, and i quote "not (being) a gunner"

Shinko
Apr 24, 2009, 06:57 PM
currently there are many people that a kicking people out of parties after the 3rd block or before the boxes....

also not that you get less EXP from thes moms ave as a Whole WORSE drops...

sorry the Big Push is a Big Fail....

anyone else..

I kinda agree with this. It's not that the mission sucks (well most drops do) but it is set up for box booters. This is the main problem I have with this mission

ashley50
Apr 24, 2009, 07:16 PM
Just another day for the 360 community right?

Overlord Zenon
Apr 24, 2009, 07:25 PM

I think that sums it about up, doesnt seem to matter what game i play, theres always going to be good and bad and jerkass players, but hey its a game and its that selection of people that makes it the game basicly, well for online games anyways

Sexy_Raine
Apr 24, 2009, 07:56 PM
The new mission sucks. No drops = crap. Plus Megispheres are better to get in Roar of Flames. The 3rd mission better be like RoF, cause Big Push was a crappy change with crappy rewards.

Give it a few days, 90% of the parties will be RoF. It'll be the White Beast of this event, but unlike WB it's actually fun to do.

PALRAPPYS
Apr 24, 2009, 07:58 PM

Just another day with less than 4 stars for the PC and PS2 servers.

Bushido808
Apr 24, 2009, 08:00 PM
this mission is great but i agree with the botting thing sega should fix it

Neith
Apr 24, 2009, 08:06 PM
The mission isn't hard, at all- unless you're trying to solo it.

It's a shame the drops suck so badly (aside from a couple of the end box drops and Shide-Misaki), because it's a fun mission. I can understand it's annoying if people are booting though after B3. The thing is, even if you didn't have to warp to B4 to collect the boxes, people would just have kicked anyway.

Also, 480MP != waste of time- it's a nice breather after a few Roar of Flame runs. Because it actually requires some sense of teamwork though, most of Uni 2/whatever is the popular 360 Universe won't run it after a couple of days.

It would have been a MUCH better mission if the drops weren't so terrible. I mean, most of Block 1 and 3 is Crea weapons...

Yuicihi
Apr 24, 2009, 08:08 PM
Just another day with less than 4 stars for the PC and PS2 servers.Oh ho, I see what you did there.
Honestly, it's like any community: You are going to get your share of assholes. All you can do is to deal with it.

I honestly like The Big Push. Sure, it's a disaster waiting to happen, but it's actually pretty fun when it does work out.

PALRAPPYS
Apr 24, 2009, 08:13 PM
Oh ho, I see what you did there.
Honestly, it's like any community: You are going to get your share of assholes. All you can do is to deal with it.

I honestly like The Big Push. Sure, it's a disaster waiting to happen, but it's actually pretty fun when it does work out.

Haha, yeah. :D There are the stereotypes everywhere. I just get mad when PC/PS2 users act like scamming is so popular, when it's very exaggerated. Sure, there are scammers, but there are not as many as people make it out to be.

Oh well.

xBladeM6x
Apr 24, 2009, 08:20 PM
STOP COMPLAINING.

Oh noez, you're not getting uber rarz from a new mission. Lets call the waaaambulance. Play the damn mission, if you don't like it just for the sake of doing it, then do RoF.

The only reason I am doing RoF over it, is because I already got the Orpa / HP from it, and I am in the progess of leveling characters. So that would mean the RoF is better for that.

Majarra
Apr 24, 2009, 08:26 PM
STOP COMPLAINING.

Oh noez, you're not getting uber rarz from a new mission. Lets call the waaaambulance. Play the damn mission, if you don't like it just for the sake of doing it, then do RoF.

The only reason I am doing RoF over it, is because I already got the Orpa / HP from it, and I am in the progess of leveling characters. So that would mean the RoF is better for that.Lucky! I want to try it out, then sell it.

buzyb77
Apr 24, 2009, 09:17 PM
I know it's difficult, but you should really stop complaining about everything. :wacko:

I like this mission. It's a breath of fresh air from the mundane "move through the level and kill everything" typical mission.

150, 150, 149, 113... um yah wth these lvls I don't like da mission...btw these are all mine

Aaricane21
Apr 24, 2009, 09:20 PM
The booting is very horrible for this mission, i was booted twice before deciding to make my own parties, i like taking my party the 4th block and before going into the gate typing out "ok thanks guys time to boot" and when the start panicking i tell them i'm kidding and open the gate lol, mean i know:)

The Red Mirage
Apr 24, 2009, 11:49 PM
I really liked the mission at first, it was a nice change of pace... and I was playing with friends most of the day so I didn't get booted or anything, but... it get's old really quickly. Roar of Flames is more fun in the long run.

Unit D79
Apr 25, 2009, 01:22 AM
i like how you have to defend the gates. reminds me of SnD on COD tbh...
hmm new spam bubble idea...
HardCore: SnD Defend the Objective!

elshagan
Apr 25, 2009, 01:46 AM
Mmh, well I've never gotten booted n I agree the drops are horrible... Well except for the Orpa / Hp restore... other then that it's horrible if you ask me... Also was playing with a fighmaster n he jabrogga straight into a megid barrage in 2nd block lools XD Failmaster :P

ThaiSoup
Apr 25, 2009, 04:08 AM
The booting is very horrible for this mission, i was booted twice before deciding to make my own parties

fff Randoms. Friends = Good for you.

landman
Apr 25, 2009, 05:16 AM
I haven't booted anyone on this mission, and I'm on 360. If you don't want to be booted, make your own party.

GH499
Apr 25, 2009, 06:20 AM
Just another day with less than 4 stars for the PC and PS2 servers.
Nobody like to have a lot of stars of jerks.

Svaltus
Apr 25, 2009, 07:20 AM
I really liked the mission at first, it was a nice change of pace... and I was playing with friends most of the day so I didn't get booted or anything, but... it get's old really quickly. Roar of Flames is more fun in the long run.

If you got one good team then can finish RoF in 11 or 12 minutes!

So Long depend team if is bad or good!

WhiteKnight01
Apr 25, 2009, 01:19 PM
iv given up on joining random partys, iv made loads of cool friends lately who are on alot so i just party with them, and if they arnt on i am always leader. im always surprised when 5 or 6 people will spam "lfg s2" and not just walk up to oneanother and invite lol

xBladeM6x
Apr 25, 2009, 01:44 PM
I don't know about you guys, but I have only been booted from a party once, in the 2 years I have been playing. And yes, I do party with randoms a lot.

Raven5_1
Apr 25, 2009, 02:14 PM
i havent even been on since thursday, all this talk of booting is making me even more reluctant

fay
Apr 25, 2009, 02:17 PM
iv not actually been booted at all yet. must be lucky as iv saw a hell of a list of comments saying such and such boots at boxes

im doing runs a lot just now (360).for caution by reading this iv been going leader now but join my party if you see me. the character ill be using it Kunoichi. ill be using her till shes 150 then im gonna switch to Elie for a bit :). my sig shows who they are =]

Warlock01
Apr 25, 2009, 03:53 PM
next person to boot me is getting a nice surprise.

fay
Apr 25, 2009, 03:57 PM
next person to boot me is getting a nice surprise.

nice for who lol?

What you gonna do?

Noblewine
Apr 25, 2009, 06:56 PM
I haven't seen the entire map yet but its interesting. I like it.

lethe
Apr 25, 2009, 07:09 PM
I haven't seen the entire map yet but its interesting. I like it.

Theres a big square with a little square in the middle or on one side, and you see you gotta keep the baddies outta the little square. The baddies come from different parts of the big square and try to get into the little square, and if theyre in the little sqaure for too long it goes BOOM. But you have these super special secret awsome laser fences you can use to keep the baddies outta the little square but they only last 10 seconds and take a minute to use again.

There's alot of squares... and alot of baddies... yah that about sums it up i guess.

Metal Sonic
Apr 25, 2009, 07:14 PM
Oh that sucks...

Sexy mexican
Apr 25, 2009, 07:18 PM
well i guess ppl are nvr happy with new stuff and old stuff..ppl always have to complain.. if u dont like the mission DONT DO IT THEN.. yes it sucks to get kik out of a party.. but what can u do? really..... oh well just move on and keep on playing..... dont let ppl like that get the best of u .. after all its just a game thats all it is..i dont know why some ppl make it a point to get all worked up over a game,,, a game is too have fun,relax and have a great time not to be all mad,or fighting or complaining over this.. if u dont like the game then DONT PLAY IT.. just move on ppl!!

TekkamanCrazy
Apr 25, 2009, 07:36 PM
It never happened to me but, It may just happen soon. Once I get the Orpa/ HP restore I really could care less about this mission.

Genoa
Apr 25, 2009, 11:31 PM
*skips everyone's comments*
This mission gives amazing EXP for it's time. My human was 142 when it was released and capped 150 doing S2 runs in about 5, 6 hours.
Currently working on my newman now.
And of course the drops aren't that great, it's all for fast EXP and MP. You can do this mission in under 15 minutes and get 480 MP and really decent EXP.
Durp durp durp! <____<

autumn
Apr 25, 2009, 11:52 PM
I really enjoy this mission, if you're looking for some fun instead of ZOMG items that I can sell and make all te moniez its instant win. I some runs earlier with some of my friends and we had a great time of it.

Gunslinger-08
Apr 26, 2009, 12:20 AM
I really enjoy this mission, if you're looking for some fun instead of ZOMG items that I can sell and make all te moniez its instant win. I some runs earlier with some of my friends and we had a great time of it.

Exactly! I found it to be a refreshing change of pace, and had a good time with some of my peeps.

Lucente.
Apr 26, 2009, 01:51 AM
I have to agree the way the mission is setup does kinda suck. There's no reason to have a laser gate in the last block to receive the reward for the mission. I've been booted several times on C and B rank, it's incredibly frustrating to play the mission and not get the MP reward at the end. Especially if you are trying to level a master class. All this over a few megi drops, I'm starting to think I should just play with friends and not randoms, at least then everyone in the group will get the reward.

Overall I do like the mission, duo / trioing the mission can be quite fun on S2. Although its not hard I do find it to be a nice change of pace, its nice to have more balanced groups playing rather than just FM/GM teams everywhere. PT's, AT's, AF's should have an easier time getting groups for this mission.

desturel
Apr 26, 2009, 02:14 AM
I have to agree the way the mission is setup does kinda suck. There's no reason to have a laser gate in the last block to receive the reward for the mission.

The laser gate is there because some people may be on Block 3 while others are on Block 4. If you are on block 4 and open the boxes, then pick up the items while others are still on Block 3, they will not get any of the box items.

The drops on each block are separated. I normally run with a friend who likes to pick up everything and with some other friends who don't like anything but "the good stuff" to be picked up. So we just go down to the next block while the friend who wants everything goes around and picks up all of the kerseline and hustle berries. If the laser fence wasn't on B4, while he is picking up his White Gloves in B3, we could open the boxes and grab everything on B4 before he even got a chance to come down.

As for drops, we definitely get more psycho wand boards on the Big Push. While I was party lead we got 3 Psycho wand boards that dropped on B3 of a single run. Over the course of about 12 runs, we got 5 psycho wand boards. More Psycho wands than Creawand+, Diad, and Relic Edges which is pretty funny.

ShonagarACE
Apr 26, 2009, 02:14 AM
I have to agree the way the mission is setup does kinda suck. There's no reason to have a laser gate in the last block to receive the reward for the mission. I've been booted several times on C and B rank, it's incredibly frustrating to play the mission and not get the MP reward at the end. Especially if you are trying to level a master class. All this over a few megi drops, I'm starting to think I should just play with friends and not randoms, at least then everyone in the group will get the reward.

Overall I do like the mission, duo / trioing the mission can be quite fun on S2. Although its not hard I do find it to be a nice change of pace, its nice to have more balanced groups playing rather than just FM/GM teams everywhere. PT's, AT's, AF's should have an easier time getting groups for this mission.

Yeah, maybe if there were good things in the end boxes, it would keep people from rushing to be there before anyone else. But as is, I don't think it serves a purpose. I don't have the booting issue, but I can see that being frustrating, certainly.

Genoa
Apr 26, 2009, 02:17 AM
I really can't believe people boot party members before the boss boxes. I haven't been booted from a party in... well I can't remember actually.
The boxes being at Block 4 is kind of dumb, AND it being where mission ends. It should end after the last enemy is killed.
Not sure why people would only want FM/GM for this <_>
As AF, I found B1 to be cake with fire A-rank shadoog and fire dagger (like Halp Serafi) spamming Buten Shuren-zan.
B2 I used a light A-rank shadoog and a Light slicer (Chikki spam!)
B3 a dark A-rank shadoog and a Dark slicer, Chikki, chikki, chikki.

The ollaka's in B1 run around so much, I find it somewhat difficult to try and Chikki them constantly, and Buten works great on the Ubrakadas.
B2 you can Chikki waves and waves of incoming enemies before they reach the line.
When I enter B3, I simple take a few steps back against the wall, facing the center of the fenced area and spam Chikki at all the incoming targets and my Shadoog can hit the targets from both sides as they spawn, giving a good amount of damage to the Tengohgs.

Lucente.
Apr 26, 2009, 11:13 AM
The laser gate is there because some people may be on Block 3 while others are on Block 4. If you are on block 4 and open the boxes, then pick up the items while others are still on Block 3, they will not get any of the box items.

The drops on each block are separated. I normally run with a friend who likes to pick up everything and with some other friends who don't like anything but "the good stuff" to be picked up. So we just go down to the next block while the friend who wants everything goes around and picks up all of the kerseline and hustle berries. If the laser fence wasn't on B4, while he is picking up his White Gloves in B3, we could open the boxes and grab everything on B4 before he even got a chance to come down.

As for drops, we definitely get more psycho wand boards on the Big Push. While I was party lead we got 3 Psycho wand boards that dropped on B3 of a single run. Over the course of about 12 runs, we got 5 psycho wand boards. More Psycho wands than Creawand+, Diad, and Relic Edges which is pretty funny.

When I say reward I mean the MP and meseta reward, I understand about the boxes the laser is needed for that. The way it should be setup is;

Once you beat block 3 it should say trial cleared and you receive the MP / Meseta reward. Once it says trial cleared you can't boot people from the game, and would solve both problems. Personally I don't care about the end boxes too much, especially on C and B rank. There's no reason to boot people over a few megi drops, they are easy enough to get anyway.

Nobo
Apr 26, 2009, 11:18 AM
Not really.

I disagree with the gunner statement cuz on my fighter i dont do crap cuz it takes too long to even run over to hit the monsters. Plus gunners have SUV which really helps on the 2nd block and the shooting helps when they close the gates. :beer:

Neith
Apr 26, 2009, 12:14 PM
Just did this with 1 GM, 1 aT and 2 fT. Very easy. The only map that gives any trouble is the one where in Block 2, 3 Dilnazen spawn immediately. The sheer amount of Deljabans in that map is crazy.

Also, the de-sync can be a problem in this mission. Numerous times I've heard the game beeping (and the meter be on yellow or red) and there are no monsters in the blue box.

It's a good mission, but would have been better with good drops. When I run it, I'm always thinking 'why run this when I can get 400MP and MUCH better drops in Roar of Flame?'. I don't mind running The Big Push, but the balancing seems a bit skewed.

PALRAPPYS
Apr 26, 2009, 12:24 PM
I disagree with the gunner statement cuz on my fighter i dont do crap cuz it takes too long to even run over to hit the monsters. Plus gunners have SUV which really helps on the 2nd block and the shooting helps when they close the gates. :beer:

Depends. Keep in mind not all gunners have SUV. For example, Paul has Sheri's Loli who is a beast fortegunner. Not all gunners are CAST, and not all have Paradi Cataract (although if you don't have Paradi and you're a CAST, then that kinda sucks).

Fighters still do the most damage. And the majority of fighter classes can use handguns--a useful weapon to stop enemies and then go up to them and kill them fast. Regardless, they're both good classes. It's best to have at least one class from each basic type obviously.

Midicronica
Apr 26, 2009, 03:04 PM
From my experience, going the route of a gunner on this mission is definitely the better choice. The only thing that even remotely gives me a problem are the Dilnazen since they're bullet resistant. The majority of the enemies die in 1 & 2 shotgun hits. All of the running around you have to do as a fighter is quite a bother. I definitely agree with having at least 1 fighter in the party. It helps to take down some of the bigger enemies while you focus on the Deljaban runaway slaves. :wacko: I sit at the gate waiting for 'em.

Sha Sha
Apr 26, 2009, 04:44 PM
i think its one of those missions that should promote more teamwork with different classes but it seems most people (MOST) are incapable of teamwork

Garnet_Moon
Apr 27, 2009, 06:23 AM
I only kick if my slicer PA hits the boxes and I see the Orpa / HP Restore. If it's not there, then I move up and allow everybody else to claim the worthless items for me.

I get an S every time I do this mission, and we never lose even 1 bar on any of the blocks. Really... I don't get how this is so hard. I play a FF, and the only others I see are the odd FG or PT spamming shotty shells to tag the runners, all the while the 50% slicer-spamming FF is playing goalie. Me? I'm somewhere in the fray one-shotting multiple dudes with combo one of whatever PA I feel like attaching to my Twin Claws. Combo two is just for the Dilnazians and combo three is just for those Tengoghs.

Overlord Zenon
Apr 27, 2009, 09:36 AM
I just go at missions solo so i dont have to share, sure i'll team up with others in other missions like S ranks etc...but i almsot always have a password to keep others from bugging me