PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about playing.

Roguearthur
Apr 24, 2009, 05:34 PM
Well, I played the beta, and about a month or two of this game, of paying, I feel like it was just the same as story mode. It was such a boring game. I LOVED PSO. I just don't think PSU is anything as close as "epic" I was hoping after.. however long its been since it came out, it has gotten better, but as I'm reading it looks like nothing was really added, yeah I guess events just I don't know, it doesn't seem worth paying per month like PSO was, PSO had so much to do on the online mode.
Can anybody just please help convince me to play? I've been playing World Of Warcraft straight for the past 2 years, I need to stop this! sorry if there are many posts like this, I tried searching, but I obviously fail at it...

Volcompat321
Apr 24, 2009, 05:36 PM
close thread. if you dont want to play, dont play. not saying WoW is better...since i've never played, and never will! psu hasnt changed much, and you shouldnt play if people have to convince you to play.

garjian
Apr 24, 2009, 05:38 PM
ill be honest...
i consider PSU to be a really really good waste of time...

i dont think theres another game i can do nothing on for so long and enjoy it...

but thats not convincing so how 'bout this..?
if you even want to play an MMO now, everything besides PSU pretty much follows the WOW formula... i mean ffs i played aion a couple of days ago and i swear it IS WOW...
i came to PSU for a change a year and a bit ago... and i havent really regretted it...

though id warn ya its only good with friends...

[im not doing very well today...]

Dhylec
Apr 24, 2009, 05:41 PM
PSU is a love it or hate it game. Beta is a long way from what is now. The game has new content with AoI/expansion. You should try it w/AoI now, specially during a big StD event - easy exp & parties. After this then decide if ya wanna play.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Apr 24, 2009, 05:44 PM
PSU is a casual game in my opinion. Easy to get into and not as life-dampering as WoW. Also it doesn't break relationships either. Phantasy Star Universe: It will save your marriage!

Yuicihi
Apr 24, 2009, 05:49 PM
PSO isn't PSU. Likewise, PSU isn't PSO. There, I said it.

That said, PSU is a love or hate game, as Dhylec said above. There are flaws, sure, but then again, what game doesn't have flaws? The major problem I've found is variety. This isn't Sega's fault by any means, as what player can resist a decent event with good payoffs?

You'll probably enjoy the game more in bursts, rather than playing for hours on end.

Sinue_v2
Apr 24, 2009, 05:50 PM
I think it can be more than a "love it or hate it" type of title, provided you go into it with right mindset. First off, it's not PSO. Forget that, because expecting it to be a type of "PSO +" is just asking for dissapointment. In some areas it's an improvement (combat), in some it's a downgrade (design), but it's always best to judge it on it's own merits.

Secondly, don't think of it as an MMO - and don't expect it to have the depth or diversity of WoW or FFXI. It's more like a side-game. PSU is to the MMO market what Crazy Taxi was to the Dreamcast library. A fun diversion, but if you go into it expecting an epic experience you will be dissapointed. Power gaming and grinding your character out will see you run out of content and things to do just a few weeks. It's a casual title, and should be played as such.

For me, PSU is both a love and hate affair. If it were a domestic setting, I would be the abusive spouse to PSU. I only hit you cause I love you honey. And really... that's what it is... there's a lot to love about PSU, but it's a huge disappointment because the potential for a really great game is so obvious it's almost tangible, yet it's almost always neglected or squandered. It gets... frustrating.

Roguearthur
Apr 24, 2009, 05:51 PM
Yeah, thanks, is there any trial? sorry I guess I can go look myself, what was added exactly in the expansion? I really just would rather talk to people then just try and research it off other peoples forums etc. sorry, its just how i am. I feel like I need special help myself :P

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Apr 24, 2009, 05:54 PM
More weapons, costumes, missions, PAs, and I think Partner Machines. Yea..that should cover it.

Dhylec
Apr 24, 2009, 05:58 PM
Yeah, thanks, is there any trial? sorry I guess I can go look myself, what was added exactly in the expansion?
Simply put: more of everything.
Check Psupedia for details. If that's not enough, prepare to read up on more incoming extensive gameplay supplement http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=160831