PDA

View Full Version : So whats there to do?

EndlessAxis
Apr 25, 2009, 09:37 AM
Hello, SO i just joined last week and i'm lvl 50 now but it dosn't seam like theres much to do.
most of the clothes/srank weps/skills/room decor you can get for dirt cheap.. I mean cmon all my equips are S rank and i'm only lvl 50

its been getting really repetative. so what is there to look forward to?

Yunfa
Apr 25, 2009, 09:48 AM
O__________________________O Lvl 50.....LEVEL FIFTY AND YOU're COMPLAINING ABOUT BEING BORED???!!!! *breaks nearby object*

RAAAGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEE

Ethateral
Apr 25, 2009, 09:53 AM
You just joined... You haven't even seen much of the game. =/ Let alone, Shred the Darkness event is going on right now for the next few weeks. Play the event and then explore the game.. Even more.

EndlessAxis
Apr 25, 2009, 10:03 AM
You just joined... You haven't even seen much of the game. =/ Let alone, Shred the Darkness event is going on right now for the next few weeks. Play the event and then explore the game.. Even more.

thats not really an answer, its just saying "You'll see"

besides i've been doing roar of flames since I joined its getting pretty borring.

PALRAPPYS
Apr 25, 2009, 10:12 AM

besides i've been doing roar of flames since I joined its getting pretty borring.

Run other missions. Look here on PSOW and look for the rare drops, go to those respective missions and hunt. Searching for the best stuff increases PSU's replay value a lot. Plus, getting GOOD S rank equipment is a good idea. Just S rank equipment isn't very good alone.

AngelofEnders
Apr 25, 2009, 10:42 AM
Make friends and among those friends, find the people who don't mind doing a crtain mission for the sake of doing a certain mission. Making friends imo is what keeps most people around otherwise all you're gonna find yourself doing is grinding.

Dhylec
Apr 25, 2009, 11:18 AM
Of course, there is 'take a break' option. Leave a while, then come back if you still feel like it. Otherwise, PSU isn't for ya.

Arika
Apr 25, 2009, 11:21 AM
Event always make newbies get boring fast. You should just go run around the universe with whoever invited you to play.

Gibdozer
Apr 25, 2009, 11:30 AM
Well if your not enjoying the current special event then pack up and move on, this game is not for you! Seriously this is as good as it gets on PSU, everything else is simply a variation of the kill monster collect weapon theme your finding so tedious now. This game is an RPG, maybe try some call of duty or gears of war, you don't need this aggravation!

The rank of weapons in this game is more of a distinction of class use not weapon quality. While base statistics on Sranks are generally higher than the A and B versions, the percent and grinding system means it's not always better. So while you may have all Srank equips at level 50 I doubt you have many "good" weapons.

Pickleahoy
Apr 25, 2009, 11:37 AM
If you've been running mostly during the event, you've been spoiled. You're leveling way faster than usual and getting many more S rank drops too.

If even with these boosts you think the game is getting repetitive you will not make it for more than a week after the event ends.

Zyrusticae
Apr 25, 2009, 12:12 PM
There's craptons of things to do -

1. Level all your PAs to 40 or 50 (if applicable).
2. Level up all your types to 20.
3. Collect a full set of 40%+ A-rank weaponry.
4. Collect a full set of 40%+ S-rank weaponry (do not try to do this until you have done the above!).
5. Collect a full set of 40%+ A-rank shields. (Much harder than the above...)
6. Collect a full set of 40%+ S-rank shields. Good luck with this one!
7. Collect a full set of Red/Vijeri/Orpa units (Yes, there's a lot of collecting to do in here).
8. Hit the level cap (which is inevitable if you do any of the above).
9. Explore every mission and hit every lobby.
10. Finish the story mode and see all the subplots.

And... I think that's all I've got. Of course, you've also got the social element, so you can do any of these (except #10) with other people, preferably people you like and can have fun talking to.

WhiteKnight01
Apr 25, 2009, 01:16 PM
what everyone said. the game is difrent than others i play to hang out with some cool people iv met online and try to get good weps and pa lvls if you like rpg but this isnt doing it for you try Final Fantasy XI iv a fewfriends who play both and they say theres more to DO in that

Yuicihi
Apr 25, 2009, 02:49 PM
Outside of being easier to level and get more S-rank drops, this is more or less what PSU will be. Everyone runs one single mission until they get bored, either quitting or hunting for some inane thing.
After the event is over, it'll be back to no variety White Beast runs for most.

As the others said, you've only seen an inkling of the content. You'll have to explore the game on your own, or with a few friends, to see it all.

RemiusTA
Apr 25, 2009, 03:38 PM

Rofl

My advice? get a party of maybe 2 or 3 players who are NOT boring, and just play random missions. Do NOT use the teleport lady. I personally enjoy Parum more than the other planets because its the most visually diverse, and the bosses arent annoying, but i also love Neudaiz for the temple missions. (one of the only level tracks on this game i actually love)

Not only will you be playing for fun, but you'll also notice other things you wouldnt notice if you were just grinding to level / PA experience. Grinding for EXP/PA's may be quicker, but you wont notice the speed if you just play fun missions while you're doing it.

Believe it or not, PSU is FAR larger than its community (and sonic team, sadly) make it out to be. The fact that every mission doesnt have every difficulty when it comes out (S2/3) really kills the flow, though. The Phantasy Star (online) series always stood out to me for its diversity while grinding, be it environments or combat system, but if you only spam one mission of course you are going to get bored as hell. Also, if the highest mission avaliable to you is becoming too easy, lower the party amount.

So, in order to have alot more fun with this game:

-Stop thinking about leveling up or specific rares. Choose missions with good payouts, but you dont have to spam them. Whats the point in getting any farther if you're just going to do one or two missions for the next 10-15-20 levels? SWITCH IT UP.

- Play with less people. People may think this game is too easy, but unless you have godly equipment and have capped everything you're using, soloing certain missions on this game is hard as fuck. Not only will you be satisfied with the gaming, but playing with less people drasticaly increases the amount of PA experience you recieve. This is definitely true for Forces, since you'll be forced to use multiple types of spells to survive solo. Gunners too. For Hunters, you may still only spam Jarbroga and Majjara, but TRUST me after a while they wont feel so godly anymore. not to mention a certain update you'll be receiving...

-Seriously, i really cant stress the party amount issue. I personally have never had as much fun with 6 people than with 4 or 3. This game really stops being fun for me once you get to 6 party members, unless the mission literately suggests you use 6 people, and thats rare. The only time you need a full party is if you and your team members are being dropped left and right. (Like in missions with tons of enemies throwing OHKO spells at you)

Warlock01
Apr 25, 2009, 04:00 PM
ive still only played a hand ful of missions outside of the events.

im waiting paitently for some of my friends to bring me on a world tour of psu.

not even the slightest bit bored yet.

FO-RA-HUnightv
Apr 25, 2009, 04:12 PM
lv 50 full s rank is bull, im lv 111 right now and still not full of s ranks. As I might have many s ranks I am still not where i need to be.

thats what happens when you leave psu when the level cap was 80...

this guy is just fishing to troll

ashley50
Apr 25, 2009, 04:19 PM
Who sent you?

RemiusTA
Apr 25, 2009, 05:06 PM
And i absolutely love how new players come in during events and complain about things.

Noblewine
Apr 25, 2009, 06:54 PM
Spam the event; collect the promote weapons and bgm disc.

Ethateral
Apr 25, 2009, 10:56 PM

It's not saying "You'll see". It's saying "Explore". PSU is more than the 5th floor with an event.

Shinko
Apr 25, 2009, 11:08 PM
No matter what anyone say this game is very repetitive like all mmo's but PSU is very repetitive. If you getting bored now believe me it not going to get better. Actually I don't like repetitive games myself but idk there something about this game that keeps me in xD.

Or like someone said you could just take a break but like I said if you're already bored then maybe this isn't the game for you..... well that's just my 2 cents on the matter,

pinkace
Apr 26, 2009, 07:40 PM
What the hell is wrong with you all? Stop being elitist pricks. a newbie just followed the crowd so all he knows is what he sees. This is the attitude that drives people away from a game.

Listen EndlessAxis, get a group of guys and go to the guardian's HQ on Parum, on Neudaiz and on Moatoob. Each branch has at least one 'special' mission which are very different and require team effort. More importantly, you actually need to run the missions a few times to get good at them and get the best rankings. After that, each planet has a set of missions that run one after another, with a big bad boss at the end; visit PSUPedia.org and see the mission's map for each planet.

True, being an RPG you will see the same gameplay over and over; you will not suddenly go into music mode and be required to use your guitar controller to kill a boss. It's hacking and slashing and shooting monsters, plain and simple.

I also didn't see anyone mention that you can create weapons, armor and room decorations with some of the items you find; this can be an incredibly addictive aspect of the game. Say you find a board (an item that starts with B in brackets), and you are missing one or two of the materials needed to create it. So you go online and find out that one is usually found on Neudaiz's "Hill of Spores" mission. So you run the mission once, twice, three times and HOLY COW you find it! So now you are so excited and you run back to your room, store the item and start the synth process. But while hunting down this one item, you came across a bunch of new boards to crate new stuff, and the cycle continues.

Its great fun. Heartbreaking, heart-wrenching fun :(

Ethateral
Apr 26, 2009, 08:21 PM
What the hell is wrong with you all? Stop being elitist pricks. a newbie just followed the crowd so all he knows is what he sees. This is the attitude that drives people away from a game.

Hmm. Hardly being elitist pricks. ;o We are telling him to explore, outside of the 5th floor and the event. Doesn't make us "elitists" or "pricks".

Shinko
Apr 26, 2009, 09:08 PM

I don't think i was being any of that. I was just tell him how it is. MMOs are all repetitive. So like I said if he's getting bored then this game may not be for him.

(though he could go to other areas but what the point if no1 there to play with him)

True, being an RPG you will see the same gameplay over and over; you will not suddenly go into music mode and be required to use your guitar controller to kill a boss. It's hacking and slashing and shooting monsters, plain and simple.

This what I was trying to say. so don't group me in with the rest ok.

ChibiBecca
Apr 26, 2009, 10:00 PM
i agree with those who say to grab some freinds and go have some fun elsewhere. there's much more to the game then just the event. ^^

i've had more fun messing about in some mission with a bunch of people i know, rather than spamming one mission over and over as fast as i can. world tours are good, there's still many missions i've not played and it's more fun to explore them with people who know it better then yourself.
i never knew there were 'safe' spots in several levels until a few weeks back, for instance.

try not to get burnt out so early, you've barely seen the whole game yet~

pinkace
Apr 26, 2009, 10:22 PM
Hmm. Hardly being elitist pricks. ;o We are telling him to explore, outside of the 5th floor and the event. Doesn't make us "elitists" or "pricks".

This what I was trying to say. so don't group me in with the rest ok.

So the both of you are not pricks, but you are being stupid. If you didn't say anything mean, why would you assume I was talking to you? Shinko, if I even agreed with you, why would you deduce that I was reproaching you as well? You are both beyond my comprehension. Next time I will have to write the names of those that I exclude from my condemnation as to not expose your feelings to my harsh words.

Clearly I was addressing the meanies. Clearly.

Ethateral
Apr 26, 2009, 11:37 PM
So the both of you are not pricks, but you are being stupid. If you didn't say anything mean, why would you assume I was talking to you? Shinko, if I even agreed with you, why would you deduce that I was reproaching you as well? You are both beyond my comprehension. Next time I will have to write the names of those that I exclude from my condemnation as to not expose your feelings to my harsh words.

Clearly, you should re-word and re-read what you type before you post. You addressed it to everyone as a whole. I'm not offended by in it in the least. Just pointing it out is all. =)

Yunfa
Apr 27, 2009, 01:24 AM

Listen EndlessAxis, get a group of guys and go to the guardian's HQ on Parum, on Neudaiz and on Moatoob. Each branch has at least one 'special' mission which are very different and require team effort. More importantly, you actually need to run the missions a few times to get good at them and get the best rankings. After that, each planet has a set of missions that run one after another, with a big bad boss at the end; visit PSUPedia.org and see the mission's map for each planet.

I also didn't see anyone mention that you can create weapons, armor and room decorations with some of the items you find; this can be an incredibly addictive aspect of the game. Say you find a board (an item that starts with B in brackets), and you are missing one or two of the materials needed to create it. So you go online and find out that one is usually found on Neudaiz's "Hill of Spores" mission. So you run the mission once, twice, three times and HOLY COW you find it! So now you are so excited and you run back to your room, store the item and start the synth process. But while hunting down this one item, you came across a bunch of new boards to crate new stuff, and the cycle continues.

Its great fun. Heartbreaking, heart-wrenching fun :(

- You've missed the main point, OP here is unsatisfied with the game due to lack of commitment; I don't care whether it's World of War Craft, Ragnarok Online, Fly for Fun, Maple Story, OP you're level 50, you haven't' seen , so stop whining and go play the game!

- Yes everything you said that the OP should do is true; but you have to realize not everyone share the same amount of commitment as you have towards this game. I mean common, OP here is acting high n mighty, probably thinking his 20-30% Double Agitos and Huge Cutters or 2/9 Blackbull n 3/5 Destas are the best that this game can offer.

- All your efforts wanting OP here to enjoy the game more is for naught since his attitude shows he feels he has accomplished much of what the game has to offer. "I'm lvl 50, I have poo poo S ranks, I'm better than the rest of those low lvls WHO MOST LIKELY HAVE A 150 with 10/10 Psychowands with maxed out techs!"

- Everyone needs to stop, chill, stop the fighting, and take a deeeeeep breath. Ready? OK...[B]There is one very, very crucial factor that everyone has missed, and that is, if you're playing on the PS2/PC servers without friends, YOU'RE GOING TO BE BORED, VERY BORED, AND LONELY, AND DEPRESSED, DID I MENTION YOU'RE GOING TO BE BORED? and finally with nothing better to do, come to the forums and start your "bawl" threads.

Macras
Apr 27, 2009, 02:47 AM
if you're playing on the PS2/PC servers without friends, YOU'RE GOING TO BE BORED, VERY BORED, AND LONELY, AND DEPRESSED, DID I MENTION YOU'RE GOING TO BE BORED?

Can't we go one day without someone beating this dead pile of mashed, smelly goo that used to be a dead horse?

But seriously, it does sound like the OP learned from elitists and not the people who have a good time.

They could go have some fun doing:
- a full mission using only one type of weapon (axes, swords, crossbows, sabers, etc.)
- missions on other planets
- play "dodge the megid"
- fight every boss
- collect all the S ranks that don't look like they were made by a one-eyed orc man
- find actual people that also want to not do event missions (ask around~)
- SOMETHING~

so yeah, just because everyone is doing something doesn't always mean it's fun.

pinkace
Apr 27, 2009, 08:58 AM
- You've missed the main point, OP here is unsatisfied with the game due to lack of commitment; I don't care whether it's World of War Craft, Ragnarok Online, Fly for Fun, Maple Story, OP you're level 50, you haven't' seen , so stop whining and go play the game!

- Yes everything you said that the OP should do is true; but you have to realize not everyone share the same amount of commitment as you have towards this game. I mean common, OP here is acting high n mighty, probably thinking his 20-30% Double Agitos and Huge Cutters or 2/9 Blackbull n 3/5 Destas are the best that this game can offer.

- All your efforts wanting OP here to enjoy the game more is for naught since his attitude shows he feels he has accomplished much of what the game has to offer. "I'm lvl 50, I have poo poo S ranks, I'm better than the rest of those low lvls WHO MOST LIKELY HAVE A 150 with 10/10 Psychowands with maxed out techs!"

- Everyone needs to stop, chill, stop the fighting, and take a deeeeeep breath. Ready? OK...[B]There is one very, very crucial factor that everyone has missed, and that is, if you're playing on the PS2/PC servers without friends, YOU'RE GOING TO BE BORED, VERY BORED, AND LONELY, AND DEPRESSED, DID I MENTION YOU'RE GOING TO BE BORED? and finally with nothing better to do, come to the forums and start your "bawl" threads.

Noooooo, read his message:

Hello, SO i just joined last week and i'm lvl 50 now but it dosn't seam like theres much to do.
most of the clothes/srank weps/skills/room decor you can get for dirt cheap.. I mean cmon all my equips are S rank and i'm only lvl 50

He is clearly asking a question, I don't detect a hint of negative attitude here. He is not putting the game down or saying it sucks... Is the question 'dumb'? to a degree yes, but that is OK because he doesn't know anything about the game.

Clearly, you should re-word and re-read what you type before you post. You addressed it to everyone as a whole. I'm not offended by in it in the least. Just pointing it out is all. =)

I stand by what I said; if you weren't being mean then clearly it wasn't addressed to you. Stop being so defensive. I will not itemize posts to reassure the innocent.

This attitude of "I didn't do it" when not being asked is driving me mad. Its a constant state of fear of repercussion or being wrongly pronounced guilty by peers that's pervasive on this generation....

Sorry, been reading too much Kant.

Overlord Zenon
Apr 27, 2009, 09:28 AM
create your own challenge mode i'd say, limit what you can use for some missions as stated above, if you've completed every mission you can so far,

Cracka_J
Apr 27, 2009, 09:36 AM
my reason for visiting these boards has clearly become reading pinkace posts.

:lol:

Overlord Zenon
Apr 27, 2009, 10:19 AM
I just figured when you say whats there to do? i figured you've already gone and done most there is, but the first thing anyone i'd think would do is start doing all the missions they could, for they're own completion record. but then again not everyone i know is like that, but yeah i suppose the forums can be entertaining as well as helpful

ShadowDragon28
Apr 27, 2009, 11:01 AM
I concur with Pinkace's advice.

I took a 3-4 month break, and I'm back to playing online. The game seems pretty darn fun again to me at least. I can't wait until we get the rewards from the event.
I love creating weapons, and then going to the far off, not often played missions.
It would be nice if more people were up to doing the same instead of just spaming White Beast and only spamming White Beast.

The new event mission "Big Push" is pretty fun I think.

pinkace
Apr 27, 2009, 12:44 PM
my reason for visiting these boards has clearly become reading pinkace posts.

:lol:

Thank you :) that means so much to me.

Itchee
Apr 27, 2009, 02:40 PM
The spamtastic community that can only seem to congregate around a single mission make the game yawn-inducing. Combine that with a synthing system that makes you want to throw your controller on a good day and you have the reason why I play PS:P more than PSU...

garjian
Apr 27, 2009, 04:24 PM
I mean cmon all my equips are S rank and i'm only lvl 50

the little letter by the weapon name doesnt make it a good weapon.
throwing out S-rank like it means something is wrong... cause it doesnt...

come back when your full of 50% striking weapons / 10/10 everything else...

oh... not to mention that theres plently of very good A ranks out there... a whole 3-4 or so :O

also... youve already admitted youve been spamming the same mission since you joined... so obviously youre bored... its not the games fault youre boring, have no friends and refuse to explore...

pinkace
Apr 27, 2009, 05:56 PM
the little letter by the weapon name doesnt make it a good weapon.
throwing out S-rank like it means something is wrong... cause it doesnt...

come back when your full of 50% striking weapons / 10/10 everything else...

oh... not to mention that theres plently of very good A ranks out there... a whole 3-4 or so :O

also... youve already admitted youve been spamming the same mission since you joined... so obviously youre bored... its not the games fault youre boring, have no friends and refuse to explore...

Easy there... many of us don't have friends that play this game. My 'friends' in PSU (people who I like and trust) I have never met, but I have friends that play GoW and Halo and SF4 all the time.

But a valid point, many S rank items are not better than some A ranks.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Apr 27, 2009, 06:53 PM
I just hit level 5 today and I'm still looking for that Casino Voloyal. If there is one thing I love doing is gambling. But other than that I'm hunting for some good gear and trying to rack up money to feed my PM. Oh and getting used to the controls as well seeing this is my first time on PSU online and on a computer (thank you Vol for that PS3 program. I'm whupping harsh ass now! BOOYAKA!). Another thing is I have to ask what Universe you guys play in. I see NO ONE online.

ShonagarACE
Apr 27, 2009, 07:23 PM
I just hit level 5 today and I'm still looking for that Casino Voloyal. If there is one thing I love doing is gambling. But other than that I'm hunting for some good gear and trying to rack up money to feed my PM. Oh and getting used to the controls as well seeing this is my first time on PSU online and on a computer (thank you Vol for that PS3 program. I'm whupping harsh ass now! BOOYAKA!). Another thing is I have to ask what Universe you guys play in. I see NO ONE online.

Universe 2 is the hot spot on PC.

afterthoughtz
Apr 29, 2009, 12:49 PM
Universe 2 is the hot spot on PC.
Now when he says "hotspot" he means 1.1/2 stars:-)...its pretty dead but the people are pretty cool and mostly helpful:smile:

Cooljames2186
Apr 29, 2009, 01:01 PM
Im planning on running all missions in the game soon...starting in guardian colony...and ending in parum....I think parum has the longest missions... the order has to be GC, Neudaiz, Moatoob, and Parum...caus its the killer...BTW no single player only multi....I can't stand doing episode missions...sorry guys...lol...I mean the magashi plan is hott...but I haven't beat the actual game...I just play online...I'm a natural MMORPG/RPG gamer...so of course story wasn't necessary except to get the goggles and a NPC character wish I do well with just my PM...lol

Sano
Apr 29, 2009, 01:01 PM
Personally, when there isn't an event going on, I like to hang out with people on Universe 4 (Gemini). As for OP: *shrug* Try actually talking to people and making some friends. Also, don't become one of those lobby spammers... just... don't ugh... I hate Universe 2 >_>

Gibdozer
Apr 29, 2009, 02:49 PM
Noooooo, read his message:

He is clearly asking a question, I don't detect a hint of negative attitude here. He is not putting the game down or saying it sucks... Is the question 'dumb'? to a degree yes, but that is OK because he doesn't know anything about the game.

I stand by what I said; if you weren't being mean then clearly it wasn't addressed to you. Stop being so defensive. I will not itemize posts to reassure the innocent.

This attitude of "I didn't do it" when not being asked is driving me mad. Its a constant state of fear of repercussion or being wrongly pronounced guilty by peers that's pervasive on this generation....

Sorry, been reading too much Kant.

Oh you've been reading to much Kant, wow now who's being elitist? I think its time for you to put down the "Metaphysics of Morals" and pick up some B.F. Skinner. Maybe understanding your motivations behind calling people,"pricks" will serve you better than shoehorning obscure quotes into your text.

Also the fact that you named no particular party indicated a generalization directed towards any or all previous posters. You can accuse them of becoming defensive, but they did so only in retaliation to your blatant offensiveness!

"Some people try to find things in this game that don't exist but football is only two things-blocking and tackling"- Vince Lombardi

Shinko
Apr 29, 2009, 03:10 PM

You need to read what you said. You said you all. I wasn't aware that you all mean only certain ppl. Yes maybe I could of assume that you was just taking to the ppl that it applied to but next time just word what your saying better that's all. I'm not trying to argue with you.

Oh you've been reading to much Kant, wow now who's being elitist? I think its time for you to put down the "Metaphysics of Morals" and pick up some B.F. Skinner. Maybe understanding your motivations behind calling people,"pricks" will serve you better than shoehorning obscure quotes into your text.

Also the fact that you named no particular party indicated a generalization directed towards any or all previous posters. You can accuse them of becoming defensive, but they did so only in retaliation to your blatant offensiveness!

"Some people try to find things in this game that don't exist but football is only two things-blocking and tackling"- Vince Lombardi

I agree with this :D

Volcompat321
Apr 29, 2009, 03:19 PM
flaimbait much? lol...

Cooljames2186
Apr 29, 2009, 04:03 PM
Wow...this should be PSO-drama-WORLD.COM...sadly I feel as if this conversation is not mature enough for me...I just thought that I would post just because it's interesting to see such drama on a forum...kudos people kudos...lol

pinkace
Apr 29, 2009, 05:34 PM

Kant is required reading in most schools, so if you thought I was being an elitist then.... *rolls eyes*. What obscure quotes by the way? I quoted no one except the OP.

Saying 'you all' is a generalization, but if a poster did not say anything negative he or she is, again, clearly not part of the problem. I guess I am alone in this since...

You need to read what you said. You said you all. I wasn't aware that you all mean only certain ppl. Yes maybe I could of assume that you was just taking to the ppl that it applied to but next time just word what your saying better that's all. I'm not trying to argue with you.

I don't wanna fight either. But I think asking someone to go thru a thread and pick the names of those he is addressing and/or quote each individual prick is crazy. Moreover, only 3 people left positive comments while everyone else did not. So 'you all' is almost accurate.

Please understand that this goes back to my other thread about how we need to tell people about the game to draw people in and make them feel welcome instead of pushing them away. We should actively invite more people to play if this game is to survive at all. In absence of that, we need to keep those who took the leap playing, not only for the sake of this game, but future PS/PSO/PSU titles.

Picking on a newbie is not part of that idea, and I will certainly call a prick anyone who jeopardizes my favorite game's future.

You thought I was being nice for selfless reasons? :D

p.s. this is the kind of attitude I'm talking about: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=163205

look at the first three posts.