PDA

View Full Version : My friend Kent is very sick.

Wyndham
Apr 26, 2009, 05:33 PM
I met Kent about 4 years ago.He's about twice my age. He was teaching the class I took on making Flash games at the local art school. We got along together ok, and I was sad the class ended. So I took it again, and learned more. I would talk to him on the phone so often, and a bit over a year ago, he invited me to be his assistant in the class. my experience with photoshop and Flash helped me with the students. every few classes (which are every saturday), we'd go for lunch and hang out. He had to postpone the class because he was sick last week. 3 days ago I learned he is still not doing so well, and will need treatment. I decided as a gift I'll make him a lego Master Chief minifig. He's told me a few hings. He'll teach me directly for a while. So if he needs to skip a class, the kids can still learn. And he wants me to pitch the idea of teaching a class of my own soon. I hope he can help me with the syllabus for the class. I was told he has some problems with his stomach or something. I am really worried.

Nitro Vordex
Apr 26, 2009, 05:57 PM
Use Anti, it'll fix him right up. :wacko:

Good luck to ya.

Larian
Apr 26, 2009, 06:36 PM
I hope he does better...Over the years I had formed many close relationships with my teachers and a few of my coworkers...I really don't know what I would do if something bad happened to them...Well actually my boss's daughter's ex-fiancee that she was still really close with passed away in Iraq last month and it was pretty painful on their whole family...My boss was in really bad shape...I just let her know that I was there for her if she ever wanted to talk or needed anything...Sometimes just letting someone else know your thinking of them is really the best thing you can do.

Sayara
Apr 26, 2009, 06:52 PM
Thats mybad, I just went and dropped everything but the final post presented,

Kent
Apr 27, 2009, 05:58 PM
If you've a vested interest in the subject of the class, there's no better way to go about learning more of it than teaching it to others.

jShazBot
Apr 27, 2009, 08:37 PM
Kent is a teacher?! You mean like the Kent that's above me right now?!:-o

Wyndham
May 1, 2009, 08:42 AM

No sir.

Pwincess
May 2, 2009, 04:50 AM
I really do hope he feels better. Usually rest helps... maybe you can bring him some chicken noodle soup and some 7up! It always helps.

Kent
May 2, 2009, 06:37 PM
Yes, actually.

But I get the feeling that's unrelated to this topic.