PDA

View Full Version : StD: C-2 is PRO D:

Legendria
Apr 27, 2009, 02:01 PM
The Bil's are fine, but the double Carriguines are ridiculous.

One spawns right as you kill one Bil and launches triple megid right where it landed lol. Well, it did that to me twice in row, actually killed me the second time.

How are you guys getting through C-2? I'm using Gunmaster with teh shotty and even though I can take a Carriguine down in about 4 shots, it's never that easy to get the full hit in :(

gratefulgriz
Apr 27, 2009, 02:05 PM
wow I can barely even make it that far....lols and tries again.

Darius_Drake
Apr 27, 2009, 02:06 PM
I am using a fighmaster and just taking advantage of the whole room. If you play your cards right you can get a Carriguine trapped in one of the corners allowing you to dispose of the Bil de Vears on the opposite side of the map with no worries of megid floating about. That way you can go back and kill the cornered Carriguine at your leisure.

desturel
Apr 27, 2009, 02:07 PM
How are you guys getting through C-2? I'm using Gunmaster

1) Bring a rifle.
2) Spawn the Bils.
3) Run down the ramp (through the red line that unequips your weapon).
4) (optional) Laugh as the Bil constantly try to jump towards you through the wall and shoot them from complete safety.
5) ???
6) Profit

Legendria
Apr 27, 2009, 02:28 PM
1) Bring a rifle.
2) Spawn the Bils.
4) (optional) Laugh as the Bil constantly try to jump towards you through the wall and shoot them from complete safety.
5) ???
6) Profit

There is no ramp in C-2.

You're talking about the original route, that one is easy.

I am using a fighmaster and just taking advantage of the whole room. If you play your cards right you can get a Carriguine trapped in one of the corners allowing you to dispose of the Bil de Vears on the opposite side of the map with no worries of megid floating about. That way you can go back and kill the cornered Carriguine at your leisure.

There aren't any "corners" in C-2.

C-2 is the block where after Tonnio and Leo talk to you, you go through the laser gate.

Turb0
Apr 27, 2009, 02:33 PM
1) Bring a rifle.
2) Spawn the Bils.
5) ???
6) Profit

Yeah that's what I do, except I usually go up the first ramp to the place that had the 2 bil de vears/carriguines for a rare map so I can see better if a carriguine starts shooting megid at me. It's not the fastest way but you never have to worry about dying. :p

Neith
Apr 27, 2009, 02:37 PM
There is no ramp in C-2.

C-2. The ramp is just to the left of this picture.
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b292/urikobb3/TeikaSTDMagashiPlanChoutouAbuse_01.jpg

desturel
Apr 27, 2009, 02:43 PM
There is no ramp in C-2.

Huh?

C-2

1) Walk in the door, two Bil de Vear spawn (unless you have the rare map where two Carriguine spawn). Kill the Bil (or Carriguine) and get 4 boxes.

2) Walk down a ramp and a Carriguine spawns. Kill the Carriguine and get 4 boxes.

3) Walk up a ramp and two Bil de Vear spawn (or two Bil de Melan if you have the rare map). Walk back down the ramp you walked up and then go back up the original ramp you went down to get into the room.

It's very simple. Especially as a gunner.

Mizari
Apr 27, 2009, 02:43 PM
I killed the first two Bil De Vears and the first Carriguine using a combination of Freeze Trap G (to keep Bils frozen) and Spiral Dance, and managed to kill everything else with Vande Val. The good thing is that the Carriguines have two hitboxes each, which makes a multi-hit attack like Spiral Dance or nanoblast very useful against them. If you're worried about Megid, take those guys out first, they're easier to do in anyway (especially if they do get stuck in a corner after charging).

EDIT: I'm referring to the last platform of C-2, where you have repeated spawns of Bil De Vear/Carriguine. The first part of the block is not terribly hard as long as you're careful. Try to keep one Bil De Vear frozen/stunlocked/busy all or most of the time if and when you encounter two at once.

Mizari
Apr 27, 2009, 02:49 PM
There aren't any "corners" in C-2.

C-2 is the block where after Tonnio and Leo talk to you, you go through the laser gate.
The place where the Bil De Vear and Carriguine are in Neith's picture is where I got a Carriguine "trapped" the first time through. It's a little nook off to the side of the platform where the clear boxes appear.

WBMike
Apr 27, 2009, 03:00 PM
For the last spawns with the carriguines before you go to megashi I just use Slicers

http://bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/carriguine-cant-megid-here.jpg

Besides you have it much easier than I do as a Gunmaster.

Legendria
Apr 27, 2009, 03:24 PM
Thanks for the pictures guys :D

I'll try this right now.