PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 How's the experience for a new player?

Triddz
Apr 27, 2009, 10:54 PM
So, despite having this game from release (Big fan of PSO, and actually like the offline quite a bit), I am just now getting the means to pay for online. Which means, I want in.

Now, I know the population is well and good for the higher areas near or at level cap, but what about the beginning and mid-levels? Am I going to be stuck looking for parties for ages? Will I be able to get people to help me out? I'm kinda worried coming in at thing stage, thinking that the population will be centered around the high areas completely, or that everyone will be doing nothing but the event. One of the things I loved about PSO was the ease in which I could get help at low levels.

Also, second question that I am sure I could find elsewhere: How much is AotI, and do I need it right away?

Syaoran_69
Apr 27, 2009, 10:57 PM
aoti is 800ms points I believe, and if I hadn't just canceled my subscription I would've totally given you a couple mil and some weapons/armor... but...yeah... sorry.

julichii
Apr 28, 2009, 12:24 AM
I would just go ahead and get AOTI right away... it's not that much (like $20), and most of the players online are going to be doing AOTI exclusive missions. As for finding people to help you level, I don't think you'll have much of a problem! Lots of people have higher characters, but they also have lower ones that they're trying to level. I joined in January and have since met some awesome people. My gamertag is julichii, feel free to add me if you want. :)

Triddz
Apr 28, 2009, 01:23 AM
@Syaoran: Heh, thanks. It's the thought that counts.

@Julichii: Yeah, I guess I will get it from the beginning, then. To be honest, I am not even sure why I was considering not getting it right away. Looking forward to starting tomorrow; I'll definately add you.

Though, another question now. It seems kind of an obvious question, but I have honestly tried finding it: Is there a giant list anywhere of everything AotI adds? All I can find are like general overviews.

Cooljames2186
Apr 28, 2009, 02:17 PM
@Syaoran: Heh, thanks. It's the thought that counts.

@Julichii: Yeah, I guess I will get it from the beginning, then. To be honest, I am not even sure why I was considering not getting it right away. Looking forward to starting tomorrow; I'll definately add you.

Though, another question now. It seems kind of an obvious question, but I have honestly tried finding it: Is there a giant list anywhere of everything AotI adds? All I can find are like general overviews.

I believe the best you can do is basically browse through the items section here on psoworld...The items with the red circles are available for Aoti...alot of them are exclusive...but its all search and take note....I'm sure PSU.com may have something available in the archives though...

Cooljames2186
Apr 28, 2009, 02:22 PM
Speaking on this. Out of curiosity? Players w/o Aoti Expansion; are they limited to different level caps? such as the old 70 or maybe the 100...lol do you rem those days...God making it through level 20-30 was so horrible...lol

NiceOnes
Apr 28, 2009, 04:05 PM
I'm down for the cause dude. Add me anytime and we can run with my lower characters. Might have some decent weps I could drop for you too.

GT: NiceOnes

Turb0
Apr 28, 2009, 06:11 PM

http://psupedia.info/Aoi

Triddz
Apr 28, 2009, 06:13 PM
Hmm, thanks. Not sure how I missed that.

Anyways, I am now the owner of AotI and player of PSU. I've only had time to run a couple of missions, but I am having fun with it. If anyone feels like playing with a complete newbie, my Gamertag is Talonrid.

pinkace
Apr 28, 2009, 07:31 PM
You won't find many people your level, but with the current event and the magashi mission, you should level up quite quickly. see you online!