PDA

View Full Version : Supplement: limit break?

Gibdozer
Apr 28, 2009, 11:55 AM
I was reading the whip love post and they mentioned limit break. I'm not sure how I missed this, but that was the first I've heard of it. I'm guessing it will release with the supplemental update. Can anyone with the facts explain how this will work?

Inazuma
Apr 28, 2009, 03:48 PM
Limit break is MF only and there are 5 available: Foie, Deega, Barta, Zonde, Megido.

Foie and Deega limit breaks let you hit multiple targets. For some bosses, you can hit up to 4 targets at once. Against normal enemies, you can hit many targets on many enemies, as long as they are close together. As far as we can tell, there is no hard cap on the number of targets these techs can hit. I have heard from a friend that he hit 6 times with a single deega (2 hits each against 3 enemies close together). The only limiting factor is how many targets you can cram in.
For the remaining 3 linear techs, the limit break adds 10% non-elemental damage. That is all.

Lunairetic
Apr 28, 2009, 04:52 PM
Is this the equivalent of a Nanoblast / SUV or merely an update to the current spells?

Ethateral
Apr 28, 2009, 04:53 PM
Is this the equivalent of a Nanoblast / SUV or merely an update to the current spells?

So it would seem and it's sexy. <3

Dymalos
Apr 28, 2009, 04:58 PM
I was reading the whip love post and they mentioned limit break. I'm not sure how I missed this, but that was the first I've heard of it. I'm guessing it will release with the supplemental update. Can anyone with the facts explain how this will work?

I'm not sure on the correct terminology but there are definitely "Limit Breaks" for Melee and Bullet Photon Arts. My understanding is that each one you take allows you to exceed the type imposed maximum cap for a particular photon art by 1 (maybe 2?) level(s). Meaning a Guntecher could take a Bow bullet to 41+ or a Wartecher could take Vivi Danga to 31+.

PALRAPPYS
Apr 28, 2009, 09:30 PM
Dymalos I believe there is a different term for that. Although I personally think Limit Break suits that much better.

beatrixkiddo
Apr 28, 2009, 09:36 PM
I'm not sure on the correct terminology but there are definitely "Limit Breaks" for Melee and Bullet Photon Arts. My understanding is that each one you take allows you to exceed the type imposed maximum cap for a particular photon art by 1 (maybe 2?) level(s). Meaning a Guntecher could take a Bow bullet to 41+ or a Wartecher could take Vivi Danga to 31+.

Those are the (aptly named) PA Lv+ boosts.

Gibdozer
Apr 28, 2009, 09:53 PM

Sounds great is that something I can do now, or is it tied into the update as I expected?

Magus_84
Apr 28, 2009, 10:02 PM
Sounds great is that something I can do now, or is it tied into the update as I expected?

Update.

Volcompat321
Apr 28, 2009, 10:07 PM
so i understand that "limit break" is when foie or diga can hit multiple enemies, and megid does more damage...correct? my question is: is it for MF only, or can it be applied on a FT?

Magus_84
Apr 28, 2009, 10:11 PM
so i understand that "limit break" is when foie or diga can hit multiple enemies, and megid does more damage...correct? my question is: is it for MF only, or can it be applied on a FT?

Masterforce only, but I don't know if that's tied to Masterforce as a class or Masterforce as the only class that currently can get 41+ offensive techs.

If it's the former, then no Limit Break for FT. If it's the latter, then they can.

Find out Friday, I guess.

Volcompat321
Apr 28, 2009, 10:14 PM
sounds decent i guess....i would have loved that on a FT... i shall wait.