PDA

View Full Version : PC/PS2 Rejoining again.. Is it worth it?

XeoFLCL
Apr 28, 2009, 05:30 PM
Well I've been considering rejoining again as I'm extremely bored, however, I want to know if it's worth rejoining even or if much has changed over the past 2 or so months (such as the community if it's become bigger or smaller) and if anyone I know even plays anymore. Pretty straightforward question, but I need some more enlightenment so I feel more inspired to actually commence in rejoining :lol: though, I can't get into any other games as the combat in every other online game just seems boring.

Oh, and did anyone figure out how to get AA working on ATI cards?

Volcompat321
Apr 28, 2009, 05:35 PM
there are 1,000,000 threads like this one. you will get different answers each post, i consider playing it! i been playing the game 2 years (3 in december) and i love it as much as i did the first day i played. just read up on the community, obviously there are less players on the pc/ps2 server, but its still a great system(s) to play on! check it out, i dont know your financial situation, but 10 dollars for 1 month isnt so bad to check out a game, i suggest doing the 9.99/month first, if you decide you like it, and want to play more, go for the 6 month thing.

oh and i have ATI, you will need to download the catylist control center if your pc didnt come with it. check this site out (http://ati.amd.com/products/catalystcontrolcenter/index.html) i got the AA working great, and psu runs 10000000000 times better than it did before.

Dhylec
Apr 28, 2009, 05:37 PM
Got the PSU-bug on ya? ;3
Right now, we are in the middle of the long waited event, Shred the Darkness. 5F is the easy hotspot for parties & games. StD gives boosted exp & drops with some new items.
If you wanna come back, this is a good time. If you still can't find yourself liking the game now, there is little chance you'd like it later.
But, in case you wanna know, there is an incoming Supplement that will add more depth & gameplay to AoI. Jp is having fun with that now.

ashley50
Apr 28, 2009, 05:38 PM
Get on and see for yourself if it's worth your time or not.
Afterall, only you can decide whether to stay on or not.

XeoFLCL
Apr 28, 2009, 05:46 PM
there are 1,000,000 threads like this one. you will get different answers each post, i consider playing it! i been playing the game 2 years (3 in december) and i love it as much as i did the first day i played. just read up on the community, obviously there are less players on the pc/ps2 server, but its still a great system(s) to play on! check it out, i dont know your financial situation, but 10 dollars for 1 month isnt so bad to check out a game, i suggest doing the 9.99/month first, if you decide you like it, and want to play more, go for the 6 month thing.

oh and i have ATI, you will need to download the catylist control center if your pc didnt come with it. check this site out (http://ati.amd.com/products/catalystcontrolcenter/index.html) i got the AA working great, and psu runs 10000000000 times better than it did before.
Yeah, I didn't wanna bump some random thread though and figured it'd prolly be best if I just made a new one since I suppose. Sorry about that. Anyways yeah I'm just a little hesitant I guess and looking for some inspirational word :P. Also thankse for the link, I'll try it out now and see how it works. Again, sorry about the pointless thread, wasn't sure what would've been better lol, bumping an old thread or making another. People seem to get mad over both soo.. :x

EDIT: Already got CCC, but forced AA doesn't seem to work with PSU.. also I have a radeon HD 4830. Anything specific you did besides force AA over all?

Got the PSU-bug on ya? ;3
Right now, we are in the middle of the long waited event, Shred the Darkness. 5F is the easy hotspot for parties & games. StD gives boosted exp & drops with some new items.
If you wanna come back, this is a good time. If you still can't find yourself liking the game now, there is little chance you'd like it later.
But, in case you wanna know, there is an incoming Supplement that will add more depth & gameplay to AoI. Jp is having fun with that now.
Exactly lol. I'm just a bit concerned about the community and if it's become less or more since the last time I played, as it at times made groups a bit difficult to find.

Get on and see for yourself if it's worth your time or not.
Afterall, only you can decide whether to stay on or not.
Good point. I'll prolly just renew tonight and see what I've missed :)

Randomness
Apr 28, 2009, 05:50 PM
I actually just resubbed two weeks ago. Been enjoying myself. The missions for Shred are fun, especially trying to clear Magashi Plan.

Volcompat321
Apr 28, 2009, 05:55 PM
alright, if you want, give me like 10 mins, and ill make a short sweet tutorial on how to do it...mine is uh...let me see..ATI Radeon X1200 series, so im not sure if its different on HD or not...but ill set this up and you will just have to see if it helps you lol. Good luck tho....(ill repost in 10 mins)

EDIT: heres the small tutorial

k, this is what i did, and seems to work well with psu, its made a ridiculous difference. NOTE: i dont have HD ATI so im not sure if its 100% the same, but CCC should be the same general set-up.

first, you need to make it advanced, not basic
2.) Click the + on 3D to make the options come up.
3.) Click Anti-aliasing
4.) Move the Level of AA all the way to the RIGHT
5.) Click the Temporal anti aliasing box
6.) Click Adaptive Anti-Aliasing
7.) Enable the option, and move the bar to either Quality or performance
8.) (optional) you can also click on- Anisotropic Filter and make it x16 for higher image quality
9.) APPLY AND SAVE!

Let me know if this all works for you! i want to see if it helps HD too, cause a friend has HD and wanted me to help him out on that. GOOD LUCK!

Genoa
Apr 28, 2009, 06:03 PM
I resubbed a couple weeks ago, enjoying myself :)
Especially excited about future balance to the game.

XeoFLCL
Apr 28, 2009, 06:04 PM
I actually just resubbed two weeks ago. Been enjoying myself. The missions for Shred are fun, especially trying to clear Magashi Plan.
Yeah, I quit during the winter carnival because thats all people were doing and it sorta got boring after time. Is StD (Oh man I love that abbreviation :lol:) any better? I mean the winter carival was good for drops but oh man did it get irritating quick since thats all people wanted to do, and imo it took the work and excitement out of alot of the gameplay. I did make quite a bit of money though it, though :D

alright, if you want, give me like 10 mins, and ill make a short sweet tutorial on how to do it...mine is uh...let me see..ATI Radeon X1200 series, so im not sure if its different on HD or not...but ill set this up and you will just have to see if it helps you lol. Good luck tho....(ill repost in 10 mins)
Alright. Thanks alot, been messing with it for longest time but the CCC alone is pretty flimsy (but it has improved quite a bit over the past few years since AMD bought ATI out..)

Volcompat321
Apr 28, 2009, 06:08 PM
done, check it out! lol good luck again.

Randomness
Apr 28, 2009, 06:08 PM
Yeah, I quit during the winter carnival because thats all people were doing and it sorta got boring after time. Is StD (Oh man I love that abbreviation :lol:) any better? I mean the winter carival was good for drops but oh man did it get irritating quick since thats all people wanted to do, and imo it took the work and excitement out of alot of the gameplay. I did make quite a bit of money though it, though :D

Well, Roar of Flame is a fairly generic mission, with the interesting fact that Block 2 is comprised of a long hallway, in which you fight tons of Svaltus and Rygutass.

The Big Push (Divine Offensive sounded so much better) is a new mission type. Basically, prevent enemies from entering a marked region of the room while (naturally) killing them.

Finally, Magashi Plan is a solo mission, with no scapes allowed, and is generally nasty.

All the missions so far have nice loot, of course, but the key is the variety to them.

XeoFLCL
Apr 28, 2009, 06:19 PM
done, check it out! lol good luck again.
Tried it and no dice :/. Still a bunch of jaggy edges. I actually tried this exactly quite a while ago with the same results. What version of CCC are you using?

Well, Roar of Flame is a fairly generic mission, with the interesting fact that Block 2 is comprised of a long hallway, in which you fight tons of Svaltus and Rygutass.

The Big Push (Divine Offensive sounded so much better) is a new mission type. Basically, prevent enemies from entering a marked region of the room while (naturally) killing them.

Finally, Magashi Plan is a solo mission, with no scapes allowed, and is generally nasty.

All the missions so far have nice loot, of course, but the key is the variety to them.
Well that's good news. I'll prolly end up doing Magashi plan big push for the most part as I like a challenge.

Volcompat321
Apr 28, 2009, 06:25 PM
not sure, how can i tell? also, try to mess with the settings on PSU, try putting PSU to max settings..i also did that, the settings on PSU are what makes the edges and whatnot smooth, also, the tutorial i wrote was to make the pc run more towards performance, rather than looks, so do the opposite of what i did if you want quality over performance.

found the version....ill post a pic
http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk115/Volcompat321/gfx.png

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Apr 28, 2009, 06:27 PM
If your around I'll gladly join up with ya for some round-about fun. I may be low level but for a mid-level ranger I'm pretty good! Look up Carmilla if you've got the time.

XeoFLCL
Apr 28, 2009, 06:48 PM
not sure, how can i tell? also, try to mess with the settings on PSU, try putting PSU to max settings..i also did that, the settings on PSU are what makes the edges and whatnot smooth, also, the tutorial i wrote was to make the pc run more towards performance, rather than looks, so do the opposite of what i did if you want quality over performance.

found the version....ill post a pic
http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk115/Volcompat321/gfx.png
Strange. I'm running the same version and doesn't seem to want to work with me. Also yeah PSU on on max settings.. I'll look more into it I guess

If your around I'll gladly join up with ya for some round-about fun. I may be low level but for a mid-level ranger I'm pretty good! Look up Carmilla if you've got the time.
Definitely. Both of my chars are around 100~110 (don't recall exact levels) so whenever I get on I'll help you aswell if you need any help :P

Volcompat321
Apr 28, 2009, 06:51 PM
:( sorry about that....not sure why its not working.

ohh, and of course, ill always run missions with you! you might have my card already, i remember the character name DITA

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Apr 28, 2009, 07:28 PM
Yea I got mine on max settings there are times where it gets all "Bullet Time" ish but that is usually few and far between. I guess it happens when those effing pop-ups start up.

XeoFLCL
Apr 28, 2009, 07:56 PM
Yeah I used to get that on my old PC. I upgraded everything not long ago and now PSU never lags.

Also, nice sig btw. That anime was good, though the ending was somewhat abrupt.. made me think of Shuffle!'s ending. It somehow leaves you slightly unsatisfied :lol:

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Apr 28, 2009, 11:04 PM
Yeah I used to get that on my old PC. I upgraded everything not long ago and now PSU never lags.

Also, nice sig btw. That anime was good, though the ending was somewhat abrupt.. made me think of Shuffle!'s ending. It somehow leaves you slightly unsatisfied :lol:

One of my friends actually cried during the ending. She thought it was so wonderful that two people who you would never see together wind up with each other. I on the other hand saw it coming like 100 miles away blaring its horn. Vol, what time are you on so i can bug you for freebies? J/K!

XeoFLCL
Apr 28, 2009, 11:32 PM
One of my friends actually cried during the ending. She thought it was so wonderful that two people who you would never see together wind up with each other. I on the other hand saw it coming like 100 miles away blaring its horn. Vol, what time are you on so i can bug you for freebies? J/K!
Yeah, wish there could've been a bit more at the end. That locker part just leaves you wondering "what now?". Wonder if they'll come out with an OVA?

Anyways I've rejoined. I'm on Dita ofc :P you peoples should see me around again!

GUN
Apr 29, 2009, 07:09 AM
I just got on to AOTI a couple of days ago and am enjoying the exp.

Only thing, as I'm only Lev 6 at minute there is a pretty tiny population on all the servers (to be expected I guess) in fact only one with a full star. As I level up will the newer areas herald a bigger group of peeps?

Also, when can I start to tackle the new STD (indeed, a pretty funny abbrev ;) ) missions - and also where do you pick them up?

Sorry for such noob questions - tried PSU ages ago and just couldn't make the change from PSO.

However, do like it and am keen to crack on - had my first Rappies on AOTI last night and got a Rappy feather - Hoorah!

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Apr 29, 2009, 10:27 AM
Yea Universe 2 is where all the action is. I mean I even made it my home as well. Don't worry about STD, just concentrate on leveling up and getting some money. Money is...how do I say...a bit of a hassle in the beggining. A HUGE hassle.