PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about PSU

sappy_rappy
Apr 28, 2009, 07:52 PM
Hey guys

It's been awhile since I've been on the forums almost 3 years!! I've been thinking about PSO lately and have been wanting to get back into playing.

I checked out PSU from work recently and it seems sweet so does anyone think that I will like PSU just as much as I loved PSO.

Haven't played since 04 and have missed it so wanting to get back into it any suggestions or help?

PALRAPPYS
Apr 28, 2009, 08:01 PM
There is a chance. However, if you are to join currently during our event, you may end up spamming the missions that give MAJOR experience and cap out at level 150. Yes, you can do it in under three weeks during an event.

Regardless, I'll let other people tell you more about gameplay. I love PSU an played PSO, so there's a good chance you'll like it too. Just remember--it's not the same game!

sappy_rappy
Apr 28, 2009, 08:03 PM
Yeah from what I've been reading in the other posts seems that PSU went off in another direction other than intended.

Yeah I also wasn't expecting PSU to be like PSO.

jShazBot
Apr 28, 2009, 09:15 PM
Their all dumb.
PSU is better than PSO in almost every possible way.
PSO just did better during it's time.

Gibdozer
Apr 28, 2009, 10:00 PM
PSO is the framework for PSU. I don't see how you could like PSO and not love PSU. I agree with jShaz it is better, and if you liked PSO you owe it to yourself to try it!

sappy_rappy
Apr 28, 2009, 10:13 PM
I'm going to start my Guardians license tonight yippie.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Apr 28, 2009, 10:18 PM
Their all dumb.
Pretty much.

Looking back, PSO was really shit, but we just didn't know any better at the time.

Dhylec
Apr 28, 2009, 10:41 PM
[

PSO wasn't the best thing back then, but it was one of a kind. Plus, nostalgia is a powerful sentimental. People want PSU to feel like what they felt back then. That's why PSU failed to them.

Pwincess
Apr 28, 2009, 10:43 PM
I personally did not enjoy PSU the first time I played it (almost a week and a half ago).. I was afraid to play it, knowing how much I enjoyed PSO on the DC and XBOX.
I bought the game over a year ago, and noticed they didn't give you a free hunters license for a trial.. so I decided to try the story mode. That killed all hopes I had for the game.
Well... I pressed my luck and decided to try the online mode and.. well it's confusing at first... but you can get the hang of it easily, as long as you have someone to show you the ropes.
Some negatives.. well MY biggest negative is no telepipes! You can't go into the city and buy items.. ect. You have to purchase items before hand. -.-
But the plusses are more.. Decorating your room... Yowsa! I looove it! and the customizing of outfit and character. ^^ Then theres the updates.. PSU actually adds stuff to the game so it's not always the same as always. ALSO, no hacking (that I know of) Thank goodieness!

umm... what i'm trying to say is, it's worth playing PSU

BioWarrior
Apr 28, 2009, 10:43 PM
Mmmm honestly I liked the pacing and technics in general better in pso. With that said I have been having a bit more fun in PSU. If your a force player in pso you might be angry with how techs level and behave in psu. Photon arts are wonderful though.

sappy_rappy
Apr 28, 2009, 10:54 PM
Mmmm honestly I liked the pacing and technics in general better in pso. With that said I have been having a bit more fun in PSU. If your a force player in pso you might be angry with how techs level and behave in psu. Photon arts are wonderful though.

I had all different characters in PSO so I played everything. I'm sure I'll get use the PSU style.

Playing West and East Tower along Endless Nightmare those were the good old day grinding my lvl 198 Humar it was the shiz.

Are there still guild cards or is all different with xbox live?

landman
Apr 29, 2009, 12:31 AM
The guild cards system is the same but enhanced.

Some negatives.. well MY biggest negative is no telepipes! You can't go into the city and buy items.. ect. You have to purchase items before hand. -.-
There is a teleport crystal in every block in every stage, and blocks are not that extensive, so if a missions is large enough (which doesn't happen much nowadays) you can go to the lobby through the crystal, buy and return to the block you where playing. It only happens that event missions don't usually have those crystals :P

MadDogg
Apr 29, 2009, 02:33 AM
Pretty much.

Looking back, PSO was really shit, but we just didn't know any better at the time.

Speak for yourself, even though I'm a huge fan of PSU, PSOBB is still the best out of the phantasy star online games. It wasn't about grinding to 200, it was all about the rares man. Hunting rares under the section I.D. system, then finally finding the rare you spent so long looking for, nothing from PSU could ever match that feeling (also doesn't help that sega's stupid events makes it where even a noobie could have the same 10,11,12 star stuff you got, almost everyone has exactly the same stuff as everyone else, boring). The whole board thing with there being only one "rare" per star, 2 or 3 if your lucky, is so horrible, then when you actually look at most of the 10 and up star stuff, its just some glowy photon crap instead of all unique ones that PSO had. (Also the lack of special attacks kills the excitement of most rares, wave shooting oritiagito and lavis weapons, bad ass).

Also, the biggest offender to me is this stupid planet/mission reward system. In PSO, the most common thing to do is join a party to run forest to ruins(everyone skipped caves cause' it put you to sleep lol), temple to seabed/ or just episode 4, then when you cleared it, end the party with a mission. All PSU is white beast for eternity, even looking at the japanese side with all their S3 additions and whatnot, thats all the PSU community around the world does, white beast.

Sure you can say, well get your friends to do something else. What happens when your friends quit the game/just signed off or whatever? Stroll on down to whitebeast, you wont find a single random party anywhere else cause' it gives the womg best mission/meseta evaaar.

Like I said in another topic, just take the photon arts/bullet/technic system, outfits with the customization from PSU, slap that in a updated version of PSOBB (of course on a console that will have none of the hacking B.S. online), and you would have the most perfect phantasy star online game that could be played for years.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Apr 29, 2009, 01:12 PM
Don't get me wrong, PSU is shit too.