PDA

View Full Version : Gurhal Next top Idol de Human ~the awakening~ : winner is Romeo

Arika
Apr 28, 2009, 11:43 PM
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q246/Dastendirekt/IDOL1.png

After all the female race has been done, finally, it is time for all male to be on the spot light.
Welcome to the Gurhal's Next Top Idol !
This poll will consist of 4 Human! However, only one may win. Who will be the winner of Gurhal's Next Top Idol De Human ?!
You decide! Vote for whom you like the most, but keep in mind that you can only vote once, and only for one person!
It is your free choice to decide that for whatever reason will you vote for him!
This result of this poll will end up with the most qualify that is both good looking and good behave. (logic: his love will vote for him, hater will vote opposite, and random will vote for good looking)
May the race begin!
[spoiler-box]

http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/5232/14582269.jpg

[/spoiler-box]

candidate no.1 : Basi, A noble who excel on using single hand saber from western land.[spoiler-box]

http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/2291/attack2.jpg

[/spoiler-box]
candidate no.2 : Romeo, the most wanted pirate who is well-known for his gunslinger skill. Also, our Human top idol! [spoiler-box]

http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/2706/user21283pic90801240771.jpg

[/spoiler-box]
candidate no.3 : Lacen, a top class mage who is also capable of many different martial arts.[spoiler-box]
http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/9528/lacen3.jpg

[/spoiler-box]
candidate no.4 : Gatz, a skilled combat engineer whose long coat hides many battle scars..[spoiler-box]

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/7476/gatzfreestyle3.png

[/spoiler-box]

Prize for this poll :

-3 million meseta : available for winner now!
- 5 million meseta : unlock when the poll has total of 100 counts combination of vote counts and reply counts.
- 10 million meseta : unlock when the poll has total of 200 counts combination of vote counts and reply counts.
- 10 million meseta+ Special award sponsor from Katy (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/member.php?u=48173) : unlock when the poll has total of 300 counts combination of vote counts and reply counts.

:mushboom:Informations about the upcoming poll of Gurhals's Next Top Idol: (CAST) : until 8th May
[spoiler-box]The rules to participate are the following:

-Male only (It will be Cast race next, please show your picture before deadline May 8th)

-We will be selecting the competitors, anybody who is interest to participate please show your picture in the PSU Fashion Thread (http://pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146498) and you might be chosen to take part in the upcoming poll. Our judges are every members in phashion group.

-more detail please check this : RULE (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2289023&postcount=613)
[/spoiler-box]

:mushboom:Informations about the upcoming poll of Gurhals's Next Top Idol: (Beast) until 15th May

-Male only (It will be Cast race next, please show your picture before deadline May 15th)

-We will be selecting the competitors, anybody who is interest to participate please show your picture in the PSU Fashion Thread (http://pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146498) and you might be chosen to take part in the upcoming poll. Our judges are every members in phashion group.

-more detail please check this : RULE (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2289023&postcount=613)
-Next poll is likely to be Cast or beast, so please hurry up, if you have characters on any of these races.
[/spoiler-box]

:mushboom:Informations about the upcoming poll of Gurhals's Next Top Idol: (Newman) : until 22th May

-Male only (It will be Cast race next, please show your picture before deadline May 8th)

[/spoiler-box]

Unit D79
Apr 29, 2009, 12:01 AM
i have to say, i like the way Basi and Romeo look.
if i could vote for both i would, but i cant. so heres a vote for Basi.
btw anyone else think that they could be brothers?

Dark Phoenix5
Apr 29, 2009, 12:06 AM
lol wtf the dudes look like 70 year old teens with tht hair

i choose gatz cuz hes not weird lookin and he has shades on

unicorn
Apr 29, 2009, 12:45 AM
I choose Basi because he looks like a Utena character in that outfit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZVAIiSpM0w

Lacen's look seems monotonous to me (probably because of the clothes match the hair and weapon).

I've seen Gatz's look before.

Romeu looks interesting, but kinda mean somehow? He would be my second choice though, I really dig his pants.

Mimo
Apr 29, 2009, 02:20 AM
Romeo looks handsome above the blue railing and his pose with the shotty is really something. His outfit is unique and I really have come to like those boots. The moatoob theme and the mini concept of him being a wanted pirate/amazing gunner is interesting! O:

Basi looks really good too, I like his light blue and white scheme and his action pose is really good, he fits into the background nicely, only thing is his face looks kinda weird.

Neith
Apr 29, 2009, 05:42 AM
Basi. The colourscheme works well, and it maintains an exotic appearance throughout. I'm really not very fond of the others, to be honest.

goldbrease
Apr 29, 2009, 06:25 AM
I had a hard time picking between lacen and gatz
basi's shirt just doesn't work, the should guard color ruins it otherwise it would be an awesome look.
romeo, well i just don't like that evil look mixed with those dark earth colored clothes.
in the end i chose lacen. hes kinda got a feminine pretty boy look that would knock the lady's out and he somehow manages to make that force clothing actually work.
for gatz i like the style and look but i just don't feel what i need to feel.

stormtrooperx
Apr 29, 2009, 06:35 AM
are all the those guys japaneses or Americans too

Gunslinger-08
Apr 29, 2009, 08:55 AM
are all the those guys japaneses or Americans too

I made Gatz with a mild Scottish ancestry in mind. (The name itself struck me as Gaelic-sounding.)

For general purposes:
His shades are also meant to explain his PT ability to see traps, but not reveal them to others. (Pseudo-goggles of sorts.) His skin tone is such that all the lines along his muscles look like scars to me, so I cover them up with a coat.

The whole look is supposed to be one of a well-protected/armored, but agile soldier. I know that his look isn't the most original, but he's had it since the 1Up Cup, and it suits his character.

pinkace
Apr 29, 2009, 09:38 AM
Gatz. I'm thru with white haired Dante clones. plus he looks great on that pic!

I might have a man crush on him.

Konjiki-Kitsune
Apr 29, 2009, 09:39 AM
I like Basi's look the best. It seems to fit his character. :P

Col
Apr 29, 2009, 09:52 AM
Well, although Basi looks pretty cool, i'm going to vote for Romeo, i love the outfit he has, the colours blend well with his skin tone. There's obviously been alot of thought and effort put into his overall look, i wouldnt say he looks mean or anything, i'd say confident, well he would need to be since he's a pirate, his outfit makes even more sense when you take that into consideration, the picture on moatoob is great and brings everything together, definately one for the ladies :P Lacen could have perhaps worn a better outfit, changing the hair colour to match a one-piece doesnt cry out originality imo, aside from that, he looks ok, Gatz, well sems abit all over the place, the pants dont really work with the top, maybe he could have taken the shades off, although i do like the idea of him being able to use them to see traps. SAll in all, i wish everyone the best of luck!

The_Brimada
Apr 29, 2009, 10:03 AM
Lacen could have perhaps worn a better outfit, changing the hair colour to match a one-piece doesnt cry out originality imo

Just noting that Lacen didn't change his hair color for the outfit :p

He's just a purple themed character, ever since day one.

I'm sad that there aren't many "manly" men in this poll IMO, more of the boybandish type(except maybe Gatz) >.>

I'll have to give them all a look over again before making my decision.

Puppet_Papaya
Apr 29, 2009, 11:05 AM
I choose Basi because he looks like a Utena character in that outfit.

Lacen's look seems monotonous to me (probably because of the clothes match the hair and weapon).

I've seen Gatz's look before.

Romeu looks interesting, but kinda mean somehow? He would be my second choice though, I really dig his pants.
Imma vote for Basi for the same reason. Overall, none of them really stand out to me. They're all pretty much the same or have been done before many times already.
But, yeah, I do understand how hard it is to get unique looks with this game and still look good.

Arika
Apr 29, 2009, 11:08 AM
Actually all those words about mage.. pirate... noble, or whatever stuff are just my random comment on them lol :p
I don't know what did they really go for when they took picture, but..
If any candidate want to change his comment above picture, you can tell me. However, please limit the length same as what I did. (no longer than that)

Pwincess
Apr 29, 2009, 01:22 PM
I choosed Basi. Hottie alert!

Dark Phoenix5
Apr 29, 2009, 01:27 PM
is it just me or does basi and romeo dude look like 70 year old teens??

Ecchi
Apr 29, 2009, 01:50 PM
Voted for Romeo, the other 3 outfits ive seen like a million times an its a bit played out. Romeo on the other hand originality at its finest!

hewitt
Apr 29, 2009, 01:53 PM
I choose Gatz. I don't really dig the pretty boy look, and full-body suits aren't the most original outfits.

Mimo
Apr 29, 2009, 07:44 PM
is it just me or does basi and romeo dude look like 70 year old teens??

you posted this three times already, one got edited out and the other is on the first page, your not giving insightful comments on the contestants, so quit lurking from under the bridge! >O

anyways, :wacko:

goodluck to all the contestants! n.n

goldbrease
Apr 29, 2009, 09:16 PM
you are right, most the outfits are over used to much. but sega isn't exactly giving us a huge amount of clothing designs. and allot of them are in very questionable color schemes as well.
casts do have it the worst with there looks as most of the parts are robotic super hero looking stuff, or gundam looking, they do have the advantage of a near unlimited color scheme. so i'm very looking forward to the male cast competition and seeing what they come up with.

so at the moment good luck to the human competitors, i'm sad i found out about it to late to join the human section.
so you better win this!

Rust
Apr 29, 2009, 10:03 PM
Obviously, Gatz.

I'm getting really sick of the pretty boy/white hair combo.
And Lacen's face looks very weird to me.

Gatz, on the other hand, looks badass, and I like badass-looking men. :wacko:

GH499
Apr 29, 2009, 10:08 PM
Remo is quite original, Basi is not.

Icecold
Apr 30, 2009, 02:53 AM
Gatz is a man hoss. That is all

goldbrease
Apr 30, 2009, 04:16 AM
Gatz is a man hoss. That is all

umm... wow... just wow.
so who did you vote for?

hewitt
Apr 30, 2009, 11:32 AM
Gatz, obviously.

Gunslinger-08
Apr 30, 2009, 09:19 PM
Perhaps some front-page publicity would attract more attention and more votes to this?

SStrikerR
Apr 30, 2009, 09:24 PM
There already was front page publicity for this before, and guess what?
[spoiler-box]Nobody outside of PSU gen gives a crap.[/spoiler-box]

Surprise!

Arika
Apr 30, 2009, 09:30 PM
Nah, guess what ?
[SPOILER-BOX]
you didn't know the the only single poll that put it front page last time broke the highest vote record! [/SPOILER-BOX]
Surprise! (and honestly.. no joke here)

SStrikerR
Apr 30, 2009, 09:35 PM
That's because you have no competition. All the polls I've ever seen here have sucked, or have ended in less than a week.

I'm not bashing this or anything, but it's true.
The only reasons I'm not voting are I don't play PSU anymore, and I dont judge guys, no matter what context. However, if there was money involved...:wacko:

Gunslinger-08
Apr 30, 2009, 09:41 PM
There already was front page publicity for this before, and guess what?

Nobody outside of PSU gen gives a crap.

Surprise!

Oh, right.

I just forgot how big of a waste of moderator time and energy it is to have something put on the front page for the busiest sub-forum here. :wacko:

It's not like it'll hurt the FKLers, Ranters, etc... Oi.

Arika
Apr 30, 2009, 09:45 PM
Well, it is just same as what you said. Since you care nothing about it, so you also know nothing about it. Every poll open for 1 week. that one also has the same length. (More over, that one hit 200 votes within the first 4 days anyway, you can ask Mysterous-G to confirm this)

I just have to post here to correct the misinformation, that is all.

Oh, right.

I just forgot how big of a waste of moderator time and energy it is to have something put on the front page for the busiest sub-forum here. :wacko:

It's not like it'll hurt the FKLers, Ranters, etc... Oi.

No no it isnt anyone fault. I just forgot to inform them before started, only pm them few hrs ago.
^^;

Sprite~
May 1, 2009, 01:15 AM
I'm not too fond of the whole 'Choose because of fashion or popularily' part in Arika's first post; even though in some polls people voting for their friends can't be avoided, I thought the OP would be encouraging people to vote more for fashion reasons.

Anyway. I vote for Basi; I like the lighter colours and the outfit fits together quite well. And I don't actually see that combo much on the 360 servers atall. I was going to vote for Gatz on first glance, but it's not hard to pick a one piece (even though he pulls it off quite well) whereas the other candidates seemed to put a bit more effort into their appearance.

Good luck to all that entered! ^^

beatrixkiddo
May 1, 2009, 01:20 AM
I'm not too fond of the whole 'Choose because of fashion or popularily' part in Arika's first post; even though in some polls people voting for their friends can't be avoided, I thought the OP would be encouraging people to vote more for fashion reasons.

Anyway. I vote for Basi; I like the lighter colours and the outfit fits together quite well. And I don't actually see that combo much on the 360 servers atall. I was going to vote for Gatz on first glance, but it's not hard to pick a one piece (even though he pulls it off quite well) whereas the other candidates seemed to put a bit more effort into their appearance.

Good luck to all that entered! ^^

You're kidding, right? Gatz isn't wearing a one-piece... Jacen is though.

ashley50
May 1, 2009, 02:39 AM
That's because you have no competition. All the polls I've ever seen here have sucked, or have ended in less than a week.

I'm not bashing this or anything, but it's true.
The only reasons I'm not voting are I don't play PSU anymore, and I dont judge guys, no matter what context. However, if there was money involved...:wacko:
get out then.

goldbrease
May 1, 2009, 03:44 AM
get out then.

well he is adding to the comment quota... kinda.
all the candidates did pull of some things i didn't expect. but some of them were just in the wrong colors. i really wish sega would allow custom coloring of clothing.

Arika
May 1, 2009, 05:36 AM
@ Sprite~ (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/member.php?u=58910)
No matter anybody prefer it or not, we though a lot and went through a lot of samples on the previous polls until we decide that it'd better to just allow it when it has no way to prevent it.
And when I think back for it again, and it is not bad at all to mimic real life vote, in every kind of vote to win something, people do whatever to promote himself, and ask their friends to help. (eg. idol vote, president vote)
so yes, idol is the name for it, and the real idol need to know how to promote himself too.

(logic: his love will vote for him, hater will vote opposite, and random will vote for good looking)

Mimo
May 1, 2009, 08:27 AM

I actually brought this up in the Fashion Group thread and Arika responded the same to me as she did to you. I thought since we were a fashion group we would want for people to vote based on clothing combos/over all appearance, but for this time, I guess not. ;[

Still, I enjoy these mini-contests provided for the community. n_n

Neith
May 1, 2009, 10:52 AM
Add me to the list of people who think actively encouraging votes based on popularity is a bad idea.

Arika
May 1, 2009, 10:57 AM
This is the concept that I want to change after I got a lot of information. I wonder how much time have u spent before saying anything? A few min or many days of research or discuss with expert? Anyway that doesn't matter. I will explain..

Neith, in short, this is the way how real life idol work. 2 majority way to get vote.

From what I have been researched so far, it still show that most people will vote base on the look first anyway. That is the first thing they do to vote for people who they never met before. (and I can bet that the majority case is this one! even me who play a lot know less than 20% of PSOWers here.)

And another half reason to vote is popularity. However, this isn't base on how the person has more post counts as many people misunderstand. Having a lot of vote doesn't make you get other people hearts! The main factor here is how he act/ how he play and make friends in game. See how he make hater or not, hater will vote his opponent to cut his mark. More importantly, How he can be attached to many other people!
(yes, a person who is very good looking but very meanie won't get any point here. I don't like to give my hard earn rewards to bad person either)
To me, this poll has much more value than others, because it is the poll to select "idol" which mean guardians 's representative who is both good looking and well behave.

In conclusion, I m very happy on what is going on here. If anybody want any change, he can just make his poll himself, there is nothing to stop him.

GH499
May 1, 2009, 11:08 AM
This argument should end already. Although it can help with the post counts.. it is really pointless.
There is nothing in this world to be perfect in everybody view. Some likes this, Some likes that, no matter who do anything, there will always be some that dislikes it.

Arika should decide by herself/himself what she/he wants, and that is the end of story.

I can't remember it well, but this is deja voo to the first female poll, when a lot of argument started.

Katy
May 1, 2009, 11:35 AM
This thread needs more votes, so far the 5million prize has been unlocked to the winner.

I am sponsoring a special prize for this poll but we need more voters. Spam it, tell your aunts, uncles, friends, Rick Astley, or anyone with internet access to vote.

Arika
May 1, 2009, 09:50 PM
This thread needs more votes, so far the 5million prize has been unlocked to the winner.

I am sponsoring a special prize for this poll but we need more voters. Spam it, tell your aunts, uncles, friends, Rick Astley, or anyone with internet access to vote.

No worry Katy, if any prize is left over, it will go to wait on the final round.

The less vote count is reflect to the PSU population drop now (1*). and it is usually PC/PS2 who care to vote this. Most of 360 doesn't vote, even they can.

fay
May 2, 2009, 07:37 AM
basi and lacen are the two which i think look the smartest. i voted base though. i think that white hair with the white clothes just kinda works.

as with lacen. i think the reason i like this one is because purple is my favorite colour so it stood out at me lol

Sidney
May 2, 2009, 09:52 AM
I voted for Basi. He looks fabulous, as always.

Sprite~
May 2, 2009, 10:31 AM
You're kidding, right? Gatz isn't wearing a one-piece... Jacen is though.

No, I wasn't kidding. I did, however, make a mistake - I was reading through the posts before I replied and got confused with the names (someone mentioned the name Gatz and in my head it suited Lacen's character...it was 7am ;>_>).

Fair enough Arika, even though I don't agree with how you choose to run the competition. I still enjoy looking through these threads though, <3 competitions :3

Rasputin
May 2, 2009, 12:41 PM
Oh my god, everyone is just so super kawaii~~~ ^^ I don't know who to choose ;^^

Vanzazikon
May 2, 2009, 07:54 PM
I voted for Gatz. There are times when originality is unique and he clearly was unique out of the bunch. Plus, the man looks badass. Awesome shades, bro. 8)

I've been lurking around PSU general for a while. I know quite a bit about the latest updates for PSU. I'm actually getting interested in AotI and I even checked gameshops and online for the game. I'm having trouble on deciding which console to play it on.

I gotta admit, the Phasion threads has peaked my interest. There's time when I get a bit vain and want to show off my characters. Arika has done a great job organizing these threads. Maybe one day, I can participate in them. ;3 Arika truly knows the concepts and qualities of an idol. He portrayed it clearly in his OP. For that, I give you props, bro.

Bitzen
May 3, 2009, 02:05 AM
Go Lacen!

Shou
May 3, 2009, 03:12 AM
My opinions on the charecters

Basi- To be honest, he just looks like a Dante remake with the pale white skin, white hair and red eyes to me. The clothes look good though and show personality. But I really don't like the charecter underneath them.

Romeo- Great personality with this charecter. The clothes look good, are unique, and match the charecter very well. Just looking at the picture of Romeo you can almost picture his personality and start putting voices to him.

Lacen- This charecter has great personality. He did a very good job at making him look kind of shy and innocent. This conflicts with his playstyle to me but that makes it an even more interesting story of his life in PSU. As for the purple thing, not a big fan of it but I think it was maybe the creator's personal touch.

Gatz- I don't mean to sound harsh but...[SPOILER-BOX]Just annother male human. Very cookie cutter to me. Not only the clothes but the charecter wearing them just seems like everyone else. Not my cup of tea. I didnt take a liking to Gatz at all.[/SPOILER-BOX]

In the end, it was between Romeo and Lacen for me. I ended up going with Romeo because his charecter seems to just shine the most and I couldn't find anything wrong with him. Sorry Lasen, the purple ruined it for me ><; Lol I run with Lacen every once in a while so I hope there are no hard feelings lol.

Just my two cents :wacko:

Rust
May 3, 2009, 04:34 PM
I've been lurking around PSU general for a while. I know quite a bit about the latest updates for PSU. I'm actually getting interested in AotI and I even checked gameshops and online for the game. I'm having trouble on deciding which console to play it on.

PC/PS2, obviously. :wacko:

Stop trolling, bro. ;o

Shou
May 4, 2009, 04:59 PM
*Bump* Can't believe this thread was getting that close to page 2 w/o the poll closing. :-o

Vote People if you havn't already! The polls close tommorow!!!

:turtle:

Puppet_Papaya
May 4, 2009, 08:16 PM
Add me to the list of people who think actively encouraging votes based on popularity is a bad idea.

I'm on the list for sure then, too. I don't care if that's how "real life idol work". It still isn't right.

BIGGIEstyle
May 4, 2009, 08:31 PM

I agree. Votes because of popularity makes me a sad beetle.

I fail to understand how the people chosen from the Fashion thread end up in a popularity contest. I mean one would assume if your fashion was chosen because it looked good, you would then enter into a skimmed down contest against other fashions based upon looks, not who has more friends/partner cards.

It's your contest to run the way you like but I'm not a fan.

On Topic: I voted for Basi because out of the 4 contestants it seems the most thought was put into the way his outfit worked together. (At least in the group pics.)

Gatz, I like your look, but I see that outfit every post you make, I was kinda hoping for something new. Romeo's solo pic was a very well done pose, I just didn't like the coat. Also I'm not a very big fan of the techer with fighmaster gear look, so that was a pretty big turn off too.

goldbrease
May 5, 2009, 12:06 AM
come on people! vote is getting closer to ending!

Arika
May 5, 2009, 03:00 AM
@BIGGLEstyle, when your fashion contest last time was base on RP story and action in mission, I don't think I have any complain on it, I even thought that your is the unique one. but well anyway, there are just too many reason to explains, nearly endless, and hard to conclude in 1 post about why I made this..

I will explain the same stuff one last time. (I have researched a lot before doing this, so there are too many even deeper reason, but I won't post in this)

Basically, thing always have reason by it own. The fact that in RL, you never hear any American Next TOp model poll that allow random people to vote to get modol is because that it is just unreliable. If you want a real model contest, then we don't need any vote, we will do it like this ( Link (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146377) ) Same official global standard.

However, come on!, we want to have fun more than being serious, and it is more fun if people can make their vote!, so "Idol" is the best suitable word for this already.

If you are hunger for the judge base on fashion, then you already got it done before you see this these 4 candidates. They were selected as the best from all the candidates from the race, and scoring from so many judges.

Not only that, "friends" is minor effect compare to "fashion" process. Friend vote doesn't seem easy to get as what you would think, because I have some contact with candidates and know that it is very troublesome process and most of them can find only a few close friends to ask. Also, if anything, Romeo here has the least friends compare to other candidates, that is for sure. (how many of you know her in game, compare to other candidates? Well, she is solo 90% type)

So still, I can say that fashion is the main factor to win. They not only need it to pass fashion score to be into this state, they also need it for their main vote score. Friend score is just a minor factor to add to support social activity as an idol. (doing nice, get friends = get an extra score, doing bad, find hater = give rival an extra score) This extra point will encourage people to be nice in community.

To sum, candidates need harder work to win this poll compare to all previous one. Fashion always come first as the main thing they need, but if the score is close with rival, then the one who behave better will win at the end.

Anyway, it is strongly decision that won't be change until the end of all race polls. so I hope we don't have to continue to explain the same reason again in the next poll.

Rust
May 5, 2009, 07:53 AM
If you are hunger for the judge

Itchy... Tasty... :E

ashley50
May 5, 2009, 08:53 AM
sounds like a like from resident evil...:E

Puppet_Papaya
May 5, 2009, 09:50 AM
Maybe Arika actually knows what she's talking about. She might really be right about all this and we'd never hear it through her LOLEngrish.
Maybe if we could just understand what the crap she's saying, we might see her point of view.
Until then, though, my opinion stays the same.

Magus_84
May 5, 2009, 10:36 AM
Maybe Arika actually knows what she's talking about. She might really be right about all this and we'd never hear it through her LOLEngrish.
Maybe if we could just understand what the crap she's saying, we might see her point of view.
Until then, though, my opinion stays the same.

No, I understand what he is saying just fine. I just still happen to agree with all of you.

Nika
May 5, 2009, 11:07 AM
I remember last poll where everything based on fashion got a lot complainer too. they are different group.
People always whining, no matter how will this poll adjust to be. All of them should just start their own polls.

Arika
May 5, 2009, 11:27 AM
What if a person like cherry/eleina got a good fashion? Will they really deserved model/idol title?
-Model case is possible, but not Idol case. because 100 of his haters will vote the opposite..
Also, do you ever know that there is also a word say "beauty from inside" too? since you won't understand my Engrish, here : (inside beauty or outside beauty?) (http://www.helium.com/debates/95876-is-real-beauty-on-the-outside-or-the-inside/side_by_side?page=4)
anyway, the contest rule was finalized since a weeks ago. nothing will change unless you make your own poll. and bear in mind that you will get a lot of complain still.

@ Puppet_Papaya (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/member.php?u=30813)
Honestly, the fact that you don't get picked for newman contest changed you so much =/
I think this is just something I have to bear for hosting this contest..... and now... I have to select only 4 from 15 CASTs for the next poll.. :disapprove:

(http://www.pso-world.com/forums/member.php?u=30813)

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
May 5, 2009, 11:34 AM
I went with Gatz because he looks completely bad-ass. I'm kinda tired of pretty-boys and white-haired dudes. Gatz is just keeping it real, dawg! *Gets a wooden sword broken over head*

Mimo
May 5, 2009, 01:26 PM
@BIGGLEstyle, when your fashion contest last time was base on RP story and action in mission, I don't think I have any complain on it, I even thought that your is the unique one. but well anyway, there are just too many reason to explains, nearly endless, and hard to conclude in 1 post about why I made this..

I will explain the same stuff one last time. (I have researched a lot before doing this, so there are too many even deeper reason, but I won't post in this)

Basically, thing always have reason by it own. The fact that in RL, you never hear any American Next TOp model poll that allow random people to vote to get modol is because that it is just unreliable. If you want a real model contest, then we don't need any vote, we will do it like this ( Link (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146377) ) Same official global standard.

However, come on!, we want to have fun more than being serious, and it is more fun if people can make their vote!, so "Idol" is the best suitable word for this already.

If you are hunger for the judge base on fashion, then you already got it done before you see this these 4 candidates. They were selected as the best from all the candidates from the race, and scoring from so many judges.

Not only that, "friends" is minor effect compare to "fashion" process. Friend vote doesn't seem easy to get as what you would think, because I have some contact with candidates and know that it is very troublesome process and most of them can find only a few close friends to ask. Also, if anything, Romeo here has the least friends compare to other candidates, that is for sure. (how many of you know her in game, compare to other candidates? Well, she is solo 90% type)

So still, I can say that fashion is the main factor to win. They not only need it to pass fashion score to be into this state, they also need it for their main vote score. Friend score is just a minor factor to add to support social activity as an idol. (doing nice, get friends = get an extra score, doing bad, find hater = give rival an extra score) This extra point will encourage people to be nice in community.

To sum, candidates need harder work to win this poll compare to all previous one. Fashion always come first as the main thing they need, but if the score is close with rival, then the one who behave better will win at the end.

Anyway, it is strongly decision that won't be change until the end of all race polls. so I hope we don't have to continue to explain the same reason again in the next poll.

to sum it up:

"its mah gawd dam contest, i do what i want! >OOO -mini rage-"

jk arika, :lol:

I think she just picked this method of voting because she thought this is what everyone wanted, she just wants to make us all happeh. -lol- Also its been interesting too, because the canidates make their own fanclub to go out and do their dirteh work `-` And so there I go advertising and mass mailing random ppl for Romeo's votes xD -this is not against rules- its fun `w`

vote for rommeh! will give you a pretzel D=

Mysterious-G
May 5, 2009, 01:39 PM
vote for rommeh! will give you a pretzel D=

A pretzel, Mimo? Unless they are German ones I cannot let you do that. :wacko:
Death to all fake pretzels ( = death to all pretzels made outside of Germany, Switzerland and Austria)..!!
Their taste is not the taste of a real Brezel(!)!

Mimo
May 5, 2009, 04:28 PM
Death!!!? Uhm uhm, it's a German one! O: Better yet, its a yummeh psow one :3

:pretzel:

biggabertha
May 5, 2009, 05:44 PM
Poses are nice, I do like the action shots.

It's really nice to be able to see someone not doing the sitting animation/center pose/"Nice to meet you..!" pose/nanoblast pose/frozen shot that makes this poll really nice to look at.

Basi actually looks cool - I've not been able to realistically use that top at all on any of my male characters but I've never really paid it any attention. It's not really one for me but since it made me look twice at it and try to fathom which top it was, I really like it. I have to agree though, the white hair - while looking really nice and cool, is really quite saturated.

Romeo looks nice - could have done with getting a closer shot but I like how I couldn't think how the pose was even taken. Nice screenshot either way and I do like the jacket. I'm so very glad this wasn't taken on say... on the ice levels where it'd be too cold to wear. Not a fan of the hair though, it doesn't seem "rustled" or tousled enough for my liking.

Lacen is purple. He's also wearing a FOmar outfit which is a pretty cool robe and I do like the weapon a lot but.. I've seen that pose from Absolute Dance far too many times and I've really grown quite sick of it. It is a great pose but why does everyone always take screenshots from the front..? Practicality-wise, robes/dresses are nigh-on impossible to use with such a large weapon.

Gatz has the same jacket as my main character - I immediately am biased. I've never though, been a fan of those bottoms or the boots. I have seen your signature many times as well and for some reason, it seems so very similar (mainly because it's a screenshot of the final combo of those two weapons and their base-store-bought PAs)

Overall though... it is a difficult decision to decide between the four candidates.

Are us Male Humans really this poor in design...?

Or have I just gotten used to seeing the female screenshots and 1,000,001 Casts..?

Puppet_Papaya
May 5, 2009, 05:56 PM
@ Puppet_Papaya (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/member.php?u=30813)
Honestly, the fact that you don't get picked for newman contest changed you so much =/
I think this is just something I have to bear for hosting this contest..... and now... I have to select only 4 from 15 CASTs for the next poll.. :disapprove:

(http://www.pso-world.com/forums/member.php?u=30813)

You think that's what this is about? This is about fairness.
I'm just tired of seeing internet popularity beat out creativity in a contest that SHOULD be based on creativity.
I'm done with this argument. It's your contest, ruin it the way you want. I'll never make you understand but at least I know there are others who do.

Arika
May 7, 2009, 09:39 AM
Congratulation to the winner, Romeo! where is your Julian ?

If you haven't found one yet, I m sure soon people will come and find yoU! :p

You are now, the first one to wait in the final round
Please come to contact me for get rewards whenever you are available/
(strangely enough, the total vote is 100 no more no less!!)

Informations about the upcoming poll of Gurhals's Next Top Idol: (CAST) : until 8th May

[/spoiler-box]

Informations about the upcoming poll of Gurhals's Next Top Idol: (Beast) until 15th May

-Male only (It will be Cast race next, please show your picture before deadline May 15th)

-Next poll is likely to be Cast or beast, so please hurry up, if you have characters on any of these races.
[/spoiler-box]

Informations about the upcoming poll of Gurhals's Next Top Idol: (Newman) : until 22th May

[/spoiler-box]

The date for Beast and Newman are currently approximate date. It can be changed in the future, but I think not.

Rust
May 7, 2009, 10:08 AM
Congratulation to the winner, Romeo! where is your Julian ?

Yaoi much? :wacko:

Arika
May 7, 2009, 10:39 AM
Yaoi much? :wacko:

oup!, I meant Juliet :x

pinkace
May 7, 2009, 10:45 AM
woo hoo!

If I had panties to throw at you I would.

Rust
May 7, 2009, 11:46 AM
woo hoo!

If I had panties to throw at you I would.

Throwing boxers at people isn't as sexy, I concur.

Airlia
May 7, 2009, 12:32 PM
Lol No yaoi! Dx He has his Juliet...mebbe :wacko:

Thanks to all that voted for him! I didn't expect to for my char to do so good. I have had trouble finding clothes for him that I actually like and what he wore for this poll is probably my favorite. Somehow some old western movies were inspiration for putting that together. I look foward to seeing the next polls!

Shinko
May 7, 2009, 03:43 PM
Oh man i sry but i really dont see how romeo won. I think all other the other ones look better than he do. (kinda girly but still) I don't maybe i'm missing something.

Still Good for you xD don't want you to think im hating lol just my opinion.

ashley50
May 7, 2009, 06:04 PM
hmmm quite an end...I didn't expect this conclusion though

autumn
May 7, 2009, 07:28 PM
Congrats \o/

huG08
May 7, 2009, 08:53 PM
Congrats Romeo! I knew you would win. :)

Randomness
May 7, 2009, 11:02 PM
Congrats.

Ecchi
May 7, 2009, 11:35 PM
I think i said this b4 but originality is the way to go......Cg Air ^_-

Gunslinger-08
May 8, 2009, 08:34 PM
Grats to Airlia, and thanks to everyone who voted for me! It was a fun little experience.

(This may be a bit late, but I just got my connection working again)

Lacen
May 9, 2009, 08:58 AM
Congratulations Romeo. I'm not able to see what you look like on my mobile device but I'm sure you look awesome as everyone said you do. =] And sorry about not being able to get on to take a pic of the outfit I was gonna wear for the poll. It's purple too but unique. (Actually almost my entire set of clothes is purple... Almost) xD Haven't seen anyone wear that combination and I hope someone can post it up cause I can't from my mobile device. >.<;;; And my apologies to you guys for not being able to get on much due to over extensive work IRL. =/ But yeah, thank you very much to everyone who supported me and voted for me. I really wish I could've been at my best for this. Guess I really do have to fix my laptop so I can take my own pics and make cool screenshots like PSU Ver.1!!! xD Anyway, this was pretty fun and I hope next time I can maybe show off a bit of my original wardrobe huh? =P Sorry, I'm out of text space on mobile. Take care everyone and hope to see you all on PSU! Contact me if you need help.=]

Arika
May 9, 2009, 11:21 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=512&pictureid=4399

This one look better than what he show in the poll :/
(AFK pic lol)

Lacen
May 9, 2009, 06:48 PM
Thanks for posting the pic of me Arika. Weren't we playing together that day? I remember that was a long time ago. Maybe during MAG? Anyway, you've got to introduce me to Romeo and stuff later so I can congratulate the creator of the character myself. =P Also, you said you posted up the pics of my outfits somewhere on here? Where exactly did you post it? o.0; You sure now if you post up my pics it'll signify that the outfits are my custom designs? =/ I sure hope so, I don't want anyone bumming off of my "unique" hairstyle (not the long hair but the one you saw me with the other day) and purple attire. =P Already seen guys running around with my purple pants... <.<;;; But ah whatever. =P Well I've been getting used to posting a bit here on these forums so I'll try to conversate more with others here like I somewhat do on PSU. Take care Arika and thanks for all your help with getting me started with this competition. It was rather fun even though I couldn't do much to provide for myself on here. I apologize. =]

Mimo
May 10, 2009, 04:01 AM
Yeah go rommeh! x3 Lacen I think I met you on game once, though I have bad memory so I can't remember how or what we were talking about. >.< I might have your card too O: (unless I'm mistaking you for someone else xD) When I see you on, I'll tell Air where you are so you can meet up n.n Good job to all the contestants! I think everyone did really good this round n.n