PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 AOTI on 360 - Online only?

GUN
May 1, 2009, 07:30 AM
Really enjoying AOTI on the XBOX 360 but am slightly dissapointed that you cannot play it offline like you can on the PS2/PC version - am I correct or have I missed something?

Could it be that because I have no saved game on the original PSU that it won't let me play AOTI offline?

ShonagarACE
May 1, 2009, 08:46 AM
Nope, you're right in being disappointed.

D1ABOLIK
May 1, 2009, 06:34 PM
Nothing to do with your save files, we got screwed on content.

Chuck_Norris
May 1, 2009, 08:06 PM
Also note that you had to pay roughly half the price we did at launch, AND didn't have to wait for the game to ship.

Katy
May 1, 2009, 08:48 PM
The PC side can only connect offline through Game Guard so if your internet is acting wompy or if the Game Guard servers collapse, you can't play offline. Only PS2/3 can truly play PSU offline without internet access (legally).

Chuck_Norris
May 1, 2009, 09:08 PM
The PC side can only connect offline through Game Guard so if your internet is acting wompy or if the Game Guard servers collapse, you can't play offline. Only PS2/3 can truly play PSU offline without internet access (legally).

And only some PS3's at that! :wacko:

D1ABOLIK
May 4, 2009, 02:33 AM
Also note that you had to pay roughly half the price we did at launch, AND didn't have to wait for the game to ship.

Would gladly have payed twice as much and waited a couple more days for the offline component.

Chuck_Norris
May 4, 2009, 02:41 AM
Would gladly have payed twice as much and waited a couple more days for the offline component.

...Why? All you get is chapter 2 story mode, which you already have online.

ThEoRy
May 5, 2009, 11:47 AM
...Why? All you get is chapter 2 story mode, which you already have online.

Agreed. Half the price and you're not missing anything. Except for some really bad voice acting that is. Actually, we got the better end of the deal on that one for sure.

watashiwa
May 5, 2009, 02:01 PM
C'mon now, there's a lot more to the PS2/PC's offline mode besides just the Episode 2 story mode...

You forget how the game is adjusted for offline mode which makes it a lot more fun for the casual player. Plus, you know, the whole you don't HAVE to pay to play Episode 2. (Besides your initial investment...)

PS2/PC's offline mode also has a good deal of the online "free" missions to play offline.

With the increased exp, weaker enemies, easier drops etc... it's quite more fun to play casually if you just want to goof off with a new character and so on.