PDA

View Full Version : FKL Finds/Synths/accomplishments thread

W0LB0T
May 2, 2009, 01:47 AM
Post about stuff you made, found, purchased, accomplished etc...

I'll go first

Purchsed Belly of the beast, which is possibly the worst Steven Segal move ever made. it was so bad it was funny. Funniest movie ive seen in years

Also my nerf Magstrike broke, so I'm getting a free replacement, oddly enough I don't have to take the old one back. Please note that Magstrikes are infamous for defects, but supposedly the Magstrike AS-10, which is the yellow N-Strike one is much more reliable.

SpikeOtacon
May 2, 2009, 01:50 AM
I bought the Crocodile Hunter movie a week or so after his death. Best worst movie ever made.

Speaking of Nerf...

Vanzazikon
May 2, 2009, 02:36 AM
I did a speech at a ceremony. I felt good. :>

Alnet
May 2, 2009, 02:54 AM
I bought FFVII Advent Children Complete with the FFXIII Demo. The packaging is so pretty I don't want to open it. :wacko: I'll be too busy to do anything with it this coming week anyway~

Larian
May 2, 2009, 03:41 AM
I bought the Crocodile Hunter movie a week or so after his death. Best worst movie ever made.

Speaking of Nerf...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LRIypcaIX4

Moo2u
May 2, 2009, 11:13 AM
I woke up today.

Larian
May 2, 2009, 12:40 PM
Yay!! =D

HolioArtillery
May 2, 2009, 12:43 PM
I didn't sleep in past noon

Larian
May 2, 2009, 12:59 PM
I did!! =D

Randomness
May 2, 2009, 10:51 PM
Out of idle curiosity, I started reading Monster.

Holy shit, the author's a freaking genius.

Volcompat321
May 2, 2009, 11:12 PM
well i accomplished to uh, text some woman from my past. (betch) also, i drank so much last night, and DIDNT puke! awesome.!

TalHex
May 2, 2009, 11:22 PM
I earned my black belt today! (no really, I did, the test was 2 hours long and was hard as hell)

edit: enjoy the liver poisoning :wacko:

Randomness
May 2, 2009, 11:41 PM
I earned my black belt today! (no really, I did, the test was 2 hours long and was hard as hell)

edit: enjoy the liver poisoning :wacko:

Congrats!

Now you're fully qualified to single-handedly take out every crime organization in existence! :wacko:

But seriously, congrats.

TalHex
May 3, 2009, 12:33 AM
thanks, but it's only first degree... I'm only qualified to take out small crime syndicates :wacko:

Raikomaru
May 3, 2009, 12:41 AM
I killed my hands w/ a Sawzall's vibration and had enchiladas for din-din.

Larian
May 3, 2009, 05:10 AM
I just saved a ton of money on my car insurance!! =D

W0LB0T
May 3, 2009, 05:13 AM
and I just saved big on long distance

Nitro Vordex
May 3, 2009, 05:20 AM
I learned that, contrary to popular belief, throwing your computer out the window in a fit of rage doesn't solve shit.

W0LB0T
May 3, 2009, 08:30 AM
I learned that, contrary to popular belief, throwing your computer out the window in a fit of rage doesn't solve shit.
But it is fun

W0LB0T
May 3, 2009, 09:16 AM
I moved the trigger spring in my Maverick REV-6 to better place and now it only fails 1/6 times and not the usual 4/6 times. Great Sucess!

Outrider
May 3, 2009, 11:39 AM
Out of idle curiosity, I started reading Monster.

Holy shit, the author's a freaking genius.

The book written from the perspective of some kid in jail for... a robbery gone bad (I think)?

I read that way, way back in high school. I don't remember it standing out all that much.

But you seem to be enjoying it - what's drawing you in so much?

CrimsomWolf
May 3, 2009, 02:08 PM
I performed The Crucible four times in two days, and haven't fallen asleep on stage.

Randomness
May 3, 2009, 02:14 PM
The book written from the perspective of some kid in jail for... a robbery gone bad (I think)?

I read that way, way back in high school. I don't remember it standing out all that much.

But you seem to be enjoying it - what's drawing you in so much?

Probably that we're talking two different things.

HolioArtillery
May 3, 2009, 03:09 PM
Only book called Monster I can think of is the one Outrider mentions. It was one of the many shitty books assigned in highschool. Who's the author random.

Larian
May 3, 2009, 05:16 PM
I performed The Crucible four times in two days, and haven't fallen asleep on stage.

Try doing anything by Chekhov for at least a three week run and then we will talk!! =P

Lance813
May 3, 2009, 06:02 PM

Are you even human?!?

Randomness
May 3, 2009, 07:11 PM
Only book called Monster I can think of is the one Outrider mentions. It was one of the many shitty books assigned in highschool. Who's the author random.

I have no memory for Japanese names.

Alnet
May 3, 2009, 08:34 PM

I have no memory for Japanese names.
Naoki Urasawa.

Randomness
May 3, 2009, 09:22 PM
Naoki Urasawa.

Pfft. Don't go giving it away. I was having fun.

Alnet
May 3, 2009, 09:54 PM
Pfft. Don't go giving it away. I was having fun.
Oh come on. I've never even read it. It took all of 1 minute to go to Amazon and look it up.

The internet is easy like that. If you have to ask for something, then you're probably not even trying to look for it.

Randomness
May 3, 2009, 10:02 PM
Oh come on. I've never even read it. It took all of 1 minute to go to Amazon and look it up.

The internet is easy like that. If you have to ask for something, then you're probably not even trying to look for it.

True enough, I suppose.

Alnet
May 4, 2009, 12:27 PM
Synthesis: I stayed up all night to write an 8-page paper for my Philosophy class. F*ck your sleeping cycles.

Accomplishment: I had to give a presentation on it, of course. I went after one other person, and there wasn't even enough time left to do a third after me~

Though I can't tell whether my speech or the speaker before me was longer (I'm confident it was me). I was sleepy as a muther (I started nodding off during her Q/A session). But I woke right up when I had to do mine~ I think that was one of the best presentations I've ever done. :3~ I had people agreeing with my arguments, and people asked questions! They were interested in what I had to say!

Find: I got a raise. It's not much, but every little bit counts!

Find: I'm going to see a Broadway show with my mother and my aunt in a couple of weeks. I love NYC~

Find: There is a barbecue tonight for Politics majors here (my other major is PHI, seen above) on campus, so I don't have to buy dinner, and I get to chat around with people! And it's going to be delicious!!

TODAY! IS! TURNING! OUT! SO! KICK! ASS!

Outrider
May 4, 2009, 01:43 PM
You should probably grind for the secret item "Power Nap" before that dinner tonight.

Alnet
May 4, 2009, 06:31 PM
Heheh, my POL class was cut short since it was the last class of the semester. We just got our final assignment for Thursday (which I'll start tomorrow), and were allowed to leave. I spent my free time playing PSU on my laptop~

astuarlen
May 4, 2009, 07:02 PM
I flossed like a superstar this morning, scored a piece of cake and a fat chunk of chocolate chip banana bread (better than you think, baby), and took two walks outside in the fantastic weather.

Larian
May 4, 2009, 07:08 PM
Hawt!! =D

Randomness
May 10, 2009, 03:08 PM
Beat my second playthrough of Tales of Vesperia. Got Yuri's True Knight title. (Perform all secret missions in one playthrough)

Went to the bonus Labyrinth of Memories. "Cleared" it. (Didn't find any fake gald, couldn't go to the real end). Beat Duke Memory. Was too easy. Last Fencer is a cheap sword.

Is this a floating sticky yet?

TalHex
May 10, 2009, 06:46 PM
I went and saw Star Trek today... I think I might have turned into a Trekkie because of it... I'm renting DS9 from Netflix now to find out, and season 4 of Doctor Who to purge it from my system if I'm not

Nitro Vordex
May 10, 2009, 07:39 PM
I took a shower.

GIT CLEEN.

Larian
May 10, 2009, 07:57 PM
I came home from an Anime Convention...And I still had $3 left over!! =D

Nitro Vordex
May 10, 2009, 08:20 PM
I never went to an Anime Convention, and I have 10 dollars.

Bam.

astuarlen
May 10, 2009, 08:48 PM
Astuarlen used Graduate.
Astuarlen evolved into Alumnalen.

Real Life used shock. It's super effective.

Astuarlen is confused.

Dammit, I'd rather get back in my Pokeballcocoon. ._.

Lance813
May 10, 2009, 08:50 PM
I moved, and just re-hooked my computer up...

sucks.

W0LB0T
May 10, 2009, 11:45 PM
Got this badboy

[spoiler-box]

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=66&pictureid=9340
Nerf Recon CS-6

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=66&pictureid=9341
All the attachments

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=66&pictureid=9342
Currently my favorite config

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=66&pictureid=9343
I thourght it could use more crap on it.

[/spoiler-box]

astuarlen
May 10, 2009, 11:46 PM
Nice tablecloth and chairs, Woolybot.