PDA

View Full Version : Is it summer vacation already?

PhotonDrop
May 2, 2009, 02:06 AM
My, how the time flies. I should have known it was coming after that little hiccup of stupidity on <my favorite sites> a month ago. When I say stupidity I don't mean things like bad spelling or grammar, Lord knows I'm not perfect with those. I am referring to things that just shout out to the world "I am 15 years old."

Excitability, profuse use of smileys, conflicts over trivial matters, and of course, generic spam. Granted, they will grow out of it, just like I did. By that time a whole new batch of kids will be spamming forums. It's not hard to endure, September isn't that far away. It just pains me to click on my usual hang-outs and see these things become more and more abundant.

I need a job.

Vanzazikon
May 2, 2009, 02:26 AM
Wow, you're getting old. Soon you'll be screaming, "YOU KIDS GET OUT OF MY THREAD!"

Freeze
May 2, 2009, 03:09 AM
"KEEP IT DOWN OVER THERE, you little punks. Some of us need our naps." :D

Volcompat321
May 2, 2009, 04:12 AM
is it bad that im 20, and feel the same way as you?

Pwincess
May 2, 2009, 04:57 AM
Darn whippersnappers!

Nitro Vordex
May 2, 2009, 11:55 AM
Darn lawn, get off my kids.

Hello PD. Visit us more. D;

Kylie
May 2, 2009, 12:41 PM
You get used to the jadedness, sadly. :(

Sayara
May 2, 2009, 12:47 PM
Does it directly effect you?
Yes -> do something bout it

No-> don't worry bout it ;3

Rasputin
May 2, 2009, 12:51 PM
Don't we all need a job... ;~;

Firocket1690
May 3, 2009, 01:02 AM
.. What hurts more is that I meandered the mall the other day, and saw legions upon legions of high schoolers. Like, I could clearly, distinctly tell they were high schoolers. And I feel so much older than them. I'm a freshman in college.

Leviathan
May 3, 2009, 11:58 AM
Just ignore it.
Final year of high school is coming up next.

Solstis
May 3, 2009, 12:00 PM
What are jobs? I only hear hushed whispers, legends, really, of these mythical beasts.

Oh, and your favorite MMO, if you play one, is about to get a lot more annoying.

Rasputin
May 3, 2009, 01:57 PM
Not if you play PSU ;o Shit always sucks.

PhotonDrop
May 3, 2009, 03:13 PM
Just ignore it.
Final year of high school is coming up next.

-My- final year of high school feels like forever ago. Everyone else's is irrelevant at this point. There will always be freshman. There will always be seniors. Unless you're talking about the final year of high-school for everybody, then good God, the situation just got worse.

CelestialBlade
May 3, 2009, 03:57 PM
You get used to the jadedness, sadly. :(
Yeah, this.

Besides, whether we like to admit it or not, we all used to be the kids we complain about now.

SStrikerR
May 3, 2009, 08:46 PM
It's true. I've remembered things I've done...maybe 2-3 years ago thinking that anybody who got bugged by what I said or did was just being stupid.
Now?
Hell, I piss myself off reading what I wrote here before. The worst part though, is that I'm probably going to end up looking back at this point of my life in a few years, and think the same thing.

edit: God have mercy on whoever was here during the summers of 06 and 07..possibly 08, I don't know how bad I was then.
Wow, I've been here for almost 3 years.

Vanzazikon
May 3, 2009, 10:00 PM
It's true. I've remembered things I've done...maybe 2-3 years ago thinking that anybody who got bugged by what I said or did was just being stupid.
Now?
Hell, I piss myself off reading what I wrote here before. The worst part though, is that I'm probably going to end up looking back at this point of my life in a few years, and think the same thing.

edit: God have mercy on whoever was here during the summers of 06 and 07..possibly 08, I don't know how bad I was then.
Wow, I've been here for almost 3 years.Old fart. ;o

MetaZedlen
May 3, 2009, 10:18 PM
.. What hurts more is that I meandered the mall the other day, and saw legions upon legions of high schoolers. Like, I could clearly, distinctly tell they were high schoolers. And I feel so much older than them. I'm a freshman in college.

Same here, it was like I grew up overnight...

Yea, enjoy the high school life, but the odd thing about this whole thing is that I was told that I would miss high school when I was done with it, and BOY were those people wrong...

Nitro Vordex
May 3, 2009, 11:03 PM
I still hate how I post.

Firocket1690
May 4, 2009, 01:44 AM
... you have no idea what I'd give to be like ... three years younger again. Then again, we all look in retrospect with 20/20. And such are the joys of youth.

What hurts more is that most of this forum is teens~early/mid 20s, and we're already lamenting. When we really get old, that'll be another generation, longing for their early years.

Cracka_J
May 4, 2009, 08:14 AM
Being almost 30 and posting like a 12 y/o is why message boards are so much fun though.

FLAME ON
:D

Volcompat321
May 4, 2009, 08:22 AM
Being almost 30 and posting like a 12 y/o is why message boards are so much fun though.

FLAME ON
:D

lol...im not almost 30, but i love posting!

Outrider
May 4, 2009, 10:33 AM
I remember in middle school/high school thinking it was pretty lame to still be in chat rooms and on forums when you're 20-21.

I'm not using chat rooms anymore, but 21 was a few years back and I'm still on forums.

My younger self would be making fun of me right now.

KodiaX987
May 4, 2009, 11:18 AM
Reminds me of some specific hours of the day on the Ragnarok Online beta where we'd get the infamous Thai Invasion. When this happened, school was out in Thailand and the game happened to be massively popular among their young ones - which meant the server completely went to shit over the course of the next 3 hours.

Powder Keg
May 5, 2009, 11:54 AM
I somehow went backwards in this process...I used to be a total forum nazi, now I'm pretty much the polar opposite.

I remember in middle school/high school thinking it was pretty lame to still be in chat rooms and on forums when you're 20-21.

I'm not using chat rooms anymore, but 21 was a few years back and I'm still on forums.

My younger self would be making fun of me right now.

I wouldn't say that. I think a lot of it has to do with our generation. Our parents before us never really had this sorta thing, so it's a lot less common for them to be interested.

furrypaws
May 7, 2009, 05:55 PM
School doesn't get out for me for another two months...a little less, but yeah. x.x;

I also used to be a very annoying poster 2 years ago. Heck, I might even still be one. =P

SStrikerR
May 7, 2009, 06:09 PM
School doesn't get out for me for another two months...a little less, but yeah. x.x;

I also used to be a very annoying poster 2 years ago. Heck, I might even still be one. =P

You've gotten a lot better. Most people change over the course of a year or two. I still think I shouldn't have joined myself back in '06. I was too immature.