PDA

View Full Version : How down to my Viking/Pirate feet.

ShinMaruku
May 5, 2009, 07:24 PM
http://users.skynet.be/canterbury/06St.%20Mildreds%201A%20Eline%20Tracey/hastings.jpg

Nitro Vordex
May 5, 2009, 07:27 PM
Hoe down?

ShinMaruku
May 5, 2009, 07:31 PM
My fathers family dates back to Normandy back in them days. :E

CrimsomWolf
May 6, 2009, 01:37 AM
My fathers family is most likely French (Alsace-Lorraine or Marsillies) and half of my mother family is Prussian and Polish.

That means, you're now royally and truly fucked.

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff100/tatschu/Hetalia/Prussia/1216581852626.jpg

ShinMaruku
May 6, 2009, 07:34 AM
Take a look at the history of the Normans of the Nroman Conquest and the Dane Law, I am not screwed at all. :E

Alnet
May 6, 2009, 07:51 AM
*isn't of European descent, but is looking forward to this battle of superpowers* :wacko:

TalHex
May 6, 2009, 08:03 AM
My family was Welsh, nuff said :wacko:

CrimsomWolf
May 6, 2009, 08:54 AM
Prussia:

Let's face it, their history is made of win.

Since times of some half-assed monastery state, they turned into a major world power, subsequently ripping off both Austria and Poland-Lithuania (the greatest rivals of Prussia at time).

Frederick II "the Great" wasn't called just for show: He abolished torture, was proponent of strong secondary education (the beginnings of German grammar schools) and religious tolerance. He also modernized Prussian economy (mostly by taking Silesia from Austrians).

And Poland is simply awesome. Only nation to be feared by Ottoman Turks. Only nation to occupy Russia for more than a year.

France invented guillotine.

Outrider
May 6, 2009, 10:37 AM
And Poland is simply awesome. Only nation to be feared by Ottoman Turks. Only nation to occupy Russia for more than a year.

France invented guillotine.

You do remember the 1900s, right?

They didn't go terribly well for Poland or France.

In particular, there were these two wars - you may have heard of them.

HolioArtillery
May 6, 2009, 10:49 AM
I'm a pure bred American mutt.

CrimsomWolf
May 6, 2009, 01:01 PM
You do remember the 1900s, right?

They didn't go terribly well for Poland or France.

In particular, there were these two wars - you may have heard of them.

During the discussion, we weren't (at least I wasn't) accounting bloody XX century.

It sucked for everyone.

Except for Canada.

TalHex
May 6, 2009, 02:23 PM

for shame :disapprove:

CrimsomWolf
May 6, 2009, 02:29 PM

That is only the case if you're an Indian (as a native, red-skinned person)

If not, then sorry, but all other people in US are de facto Europeans, being descendants of European settlers.

Afro-Americans, re naturally Africans.

"Pure-breed American" as used by pompous American politicians is a hollow concept.

HolioArtillery
May 6, 2009, 02:34 PM
That is only the case if you're an Indian (as a native, red-skinned person)

If not, then sorry, but all other people in US are de facto Europeans, being descendants of European settlers.

Afro-Americans, re naturally Africans.

"Pure-breed American" as used by pompous American politicians is a hollow concept.

SWISH

that was the sound of a joke going over that head of yours

CrimsomWolf
May 6, 2009, 02:37 PM
If you intend to treat everything as a personal attack or take everything a face values, pack up your shit and go to Off-topic/Rants.

Heard they have free places now.

Don't also go assuming, that by quoting, you always will aim comment at quoted person, it's sometimes just for reference/example.

HolioArtillery
May 6, 2009, 02:40 PM
If you intend to treat everything as a personal attack or take everything a face values, pack up your shit and go to Off-topic/Rants.

Heard they have free places now.

I'm not the one who can't realize the fact that pure-bred and mutt being put together are practically oxymorons to begin with, and a person that makes such a statement is saying by their very culture they are a mix of many races.

CrimsomWolf
May 6, 2009, 02:43 PM
May to do with fact, that not everyone is a native english speaker.

Not like you care of course.

In fact, care to enlighten us with your wondrous knowledge how come that you're staying when you mentioned (many times) that you want to leave?

HolioArtillery
May 6, 2009, 02:48 PM
May to do with fact, that not everyone is a native english speaker.

Not like you care of course.

In fact, care to enlighten us with your wondrous knowledge how come that you're staying when you mentioned (many times) that you want to leave?

No, I don't care in this instance, because if you can write english as well as you can, then you're perfectly capable of pulling up a dictionary before responding to something with words you don't know instead of being ignorant and replying without knowing what's being said.

Want to leave? Leave what? If you're talking about FKL, I said I was staying here until my life sets itself up so I can go back to getting on with it. That's about all I said of it. My grandfather is dying in what is a cross between a nursing home and a sort of rehab center. I spend most of my time sitting in the room, meeting his needs (feeding, fetching things, etc.) However, he also sleeps a lot, which leaves me a lot of free time, which I'm now spending on a forum I normally lurk.

CrimsomWolf
May 6, 2009, 02:51 PM
That's understandable, all right.

P.S I don't write very well, grammatically. My secret is automatic called spell-check.

Vanzazikon
May 6, 2009, 02:53 PM
I'm a pure bred American mutt.Mah brotha!

TalHex
May 6, 2009, 02:56 PM
Mah brotha!

also for shame :disapprove:

so... has anybody been keeping an eye on those stories about the pirates? *failure at starting conversations*

Sayara
May 6, 2009, 02:57 PM
At least i have the honor saying my entire family line (til this generation) is pure bredded Arabic.

(How many of you can say your dad, your grand dad, his grand dad and so on were ALL arabic? [enter nationallity here])

Vanzazikon
May 6, 2009, 02:59 PM
I came from outer space.

CrimsomWolf
http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x230/ExarKun4321/1203406082673.jpg

TalHex
that I can believe :wacko:

edit: ninja'd

CrimsomWolf
May 6, 2009, 03:02 PM
http://i621.photobucket.com/albums/tt294/spyder1702/pirates.jpg
Pirates are un-available at this time, seeing as they're all sprawled over deck, dead-drunk.

HolioArtillery
May 6, 2009, 03:06 PM
Don't also go assuming, that by quoting, you always will aim comment at quoted person, it's sometimes just for reference/example.

Forgot about this one, the reason I quote so much is to avoid confusion caused by having my post ninjaed (which isn't predictable, so better safe than sorry.) Talon has just demonstrated that for us.

TalHex
May 6, 2009, 03:08 PM
that I have *bows*

ITT: Pirates and Ninjas

O SHI-

CrimsomWolf
May 6, 2009, 03:14 PM
[spoiler-box]http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p232/mr_hitchcock/motivators/youre.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Hey, isn't that giant fire-element goldfish mermaid?

ShinMaruku
May 6, 2009, 03:15 PM
I love that term mutt. Everybody is a damn mutt anyhow, especially if you are from the west.
Hell the Normans were mutts.

CrimsomWolf
May 6, 2009, 03:18 PM
French/Viking ones.

I mean c'mon :disapprove:

God-dammned half-breeds... always running into parade...

Vanzazikon
May 6, 2009, 03:19 PM
[spoiler-box]http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p232/mr_hitchcock/motivators/youre.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Hey, isn't that giant fire-element goldfish mermaid?That's one horny mermaid...