PDA

View Full Version : need help with lv, money

SmileyFace69
May 5, 2009, 07:37 PM
im level 71, and i really want to get to 75, :| i just started, but wanna get better.

Chuck_Norris
May 5, 2009, 07:39 PM
You kill monsters to level up.

Dhylec
May 5, 2009, 07:41 PM
Do the event for quick lv up & easy money. It's the best way atm.

SmileyFace69
May 5, 2009, 07:42 PM
i cant get any money :| it sucks!
i havent even made like 100k in like 10lvls

Chuck_Norris
May 5, 2009, 07:44 PM
You don't need money to level up.

SmileyFace69
May 5, 2009, 07:45 PM
i cant really level up with my crap weapons :|

Dhylec
May 5, 2009, 07:46 PM
Sell good rares from the event for good money. Relic edges, base S, olpads (to trade for S grinders), etc, are some good drops you can sell to other players. Use shop search to set your price.

SmileyFace69
May 5, 2009, 07:50 PM
thats what im doing relic edges arent selling :(

Turb0
May 5, 2009, 08:33 PM
So search shops and make sure yours are the cheapest. There's plenty of demand for relic edges now I can't imagine that none are selling. And just work on getting to 75, then do a bunch of Roar S runs. On S I usually see like 3 made blackbulls drop per run which is 54k to the NPC for each one.

Q.U.I.C.K.S.I.L.V.E.R
May 5, 2009, 08:41 PM
I find that hard to believe that you've only made 100k in 10 levels...Try opening a shop, that will be sure to make at least some profit.

I made over a mil easily within 10 levels doing event runs, so I suggest that as well.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
May 5, 2009, 08:50 PM
I've noticed my Vahra Nails really aren't selling. But hey, selling stuff in your shop is like fishing. Ya just gotta wait. As for those relic edges and stuff, wait until the synth bonus takes affect. I'm sure you won't be able to keep ANYTHING in your store.

Lsbd
May 5, 2009, 10:58 PM
I save my relic edges...i sense a price change for the better...Mwhahaa..

GUNcrazy12
May 6, 2009, 12:14 AM
I save my relic edges...i sense a price change for the better...Mwhahaa..

me too

Mwahahaa!!!!

pinkace
May 6, 2009, 12:20 PM
i make a 100k per run on S with everything set in order...

You need to do S runs.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
May 6, 2009, 01:35 PM
me too

Mwahahaa!!!!

HA HA HA HA! Welcome to the Circus of Value!!!

Damn you Bio Shock!!

Shou
May 6, 2009, 01:48 PM
Just worry about lvling up right now. Its easier to make money when you are capped. Also, when you undercut others peoples' prices, only undercut a tiny bit. You wont make money selling relic edges for 10k a pop >_>

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
May 6, 2009, 01:55 PM
Just worry about lvling up right now. Its easier to make money when you are capped. Also, when you undercut others peoples' prices, only undercut a tiny bit. You wont make money selling relic edges for 10k a pop >_>

Which is something I did at first. I believe I sold Relic and Svaltus edges for 5k a pop. Yep, rookie mistake!

Gibdozer
May 6, 2009, 03:05 PM
It's really all about longevity. The longer you play the game the easier it is to make money (regardless of your level). Invest some time in learning to navigate the visophone and understanding how the economy works.

Honestly that's the best advice your going to get for free. No one who really knows how to make money is going to volunteer that information to you. Yes stranger please take my cash cow and exploit it for your gain while eliminating my future profits.

Mizari
May 6, 2009, 04:48 PM
Honestly that's the best advice your going to get for free. No one who really knows how to make money is going to volunteer that information to you. Yes stranger please take my cash cow and exploit it for your gain while eliminating my future profits.Yeah, but this isn't like WoW where you have lots of different crafting professions, uber-rare recipes, etc., that allow people to find and exploit a niche market for big money. Everyone on PSU essentially finds and sells the same stuff, and it really just boils down to: if something drops very little, but is very useful or sought-after (for example, Guld or Vijeri / Resist), it will sell for lots and lots of money, but if something drops a lot and therefore everyone already has it (like catilium, Mot Walna, and Cladorian right now because of The Magashi Plan), it won't sell for as much, even if it is flagged as "rare". I still can't figure out why people have stuff like Vestaline in their player shops for *below* the NPC buyback rate occasionally, but they do >_<

My big rule of thumb when setting up stuff to sell is going for things that can be used up: once a material or trade item is used, it is gone forever and thus is not clogging the supply chain, keeping demand high hopefully. This is why stuff like Grinder Base S always sell well, because people always want to grind weapons, and you can't re-use grinder bases. If we get a synth boost after StD ends, I predict many synth materials will be in higher demand and thus easier to sell. Also, don't forget items that can be used in trade missions: I suggest checking out the exchange lists (use psupedia.info) for missions like "The Collector", "Desert Arms Shop", and "Clothes n' Parts". Chances are you can make decent money selling anything used in these exchanges, because there will always be people who would rather buy the items to trade in rather than hunt their own.

Gibdozer
May 6, 2009, 05:42 PM
[QUOTE=Mizari;2305302]Yeah, but this isn't like WoW where you have lots of different crafting professions, uber-rare recipes, etc., that allow people to find and exploit a niche market for big money. Everyone on PSU essentially finds and sells the same stuff, and it really just boils down to: if something drops very little, but is very useful or sought-after (for example, Guld or Vijeri / Resist), it will sell for lots and lots of money, but if something drops a lot and therefore everyone already has it (like catilium, Mot Walna, and Cladorian right now because of The Magashi Plan), it won't sell for as much, even if it is flagged as "rare". I still can't figure out why people have stuff like Vestaline in their player shops for *below* the NPC buyback rate occasionally, but they do >_<

No, I don't know what your meseta count is, but we obviously make money in very different ways. I certainly don't rely on rare drops to make money, if I did I would probably end up begging for meseta on the 4th floor with the bum brigade.

If you count on dumb luck or special events you will likely spend the majority of your time broke as shit, or saving meseta for one item at a time. I think many people get stuck in the system your advocating and as a result are continually played by the market. There are simply more reliable ways to make money than supply and demand!

Mizari
May 6, 2009, 06:18 PM
No, I don't know what your meseta count is, but we obviously make money in very different ways. I certainly don't rely on rare drops to make money, if I did I would probably end up begging for meseta on the 4th floor with the bum brigade.

If you count on dumb luck or special events you will likely spend the majority of your time broke as shit, or saving meseta for one item at a time. I think many people get stuck in the system your advocating and as a result are continually played by the market. There are simply more reliable ways to make money than supply and demand!I never said that relying on uber-rares and then selling them is the *only* way to make money, but it's probably the best way to make a ton of money very quickly. However, you're right in that that's no way to live, hoping you'll win out on that slim chance at a Guld and ignoring all other methods of income. In case you didn't read my earlier post in this topic, I gave the OP several fairly easy, sustainable ways of making meseta at lower levels - selling common, usable stuff like photons, trade items, weapons for PM food, and the like. He/she is not going to have the resources to synth highly sought-after high-level equips until he/she is consistently running missions where boards and mats for them drop.

The reason that I brought up WoW is that, unlike in that game where it is very easy to corner the market on certain goods, there are just so many ways of making money in PSU. I really don't understand how supply & demand doesn't work into your system at all, since even forgoing hunting altogether and manipulating the market takes some intuition into knowing what people will pay big money for and what you can make a profit on. Other than that, your choices are: a) install a gacha, the success of which depends on how determined the gacha spinners are; b) pick up unwanted meseta drops in group missions (I've seen surprisingly many in missions I've run, I guess a lot of people have max meseta); c) NPC-sell unwanted goods, which can work for items that are rock-bottom in the player shops but for the most part will lose you potential money; d) buy Freeze Trap EX with Vol coins and sell them (thus you turn a non-meseta currency into meseta); e) rely on mission rewards; or f) hack the system/buy meseta (obviously not recommended unless you want to get banned).

Bottom line is, if your main cash cow involves the player shop, then it involves supply and demand. Obviously if someone bought an item you posted for high meseta, then there is a high demand for it - otherwise, why would they buy it at a high price? I think the main keys to making money off the player shops are having good intuition as to what you can sell and for how much, and balancing items that sell often but for relatively little money with items that you may only find once-in-a-long-while that sell for big money.

Gibdozer
May 7, 2009, 10:59 AM
I didn't say that supply and demand isn't part of my system, it's just not the cornerstone. I agree with what your saying, and the intuition your talking about comes with time and experience. What you have to realize (and you probably do) is that the visophone represents implied value which is often higher than real value. As one example Airboards cost 10k to make and generally sell for upwards of 100k! Ignorance is just one aspect among many (including supply and demand) that determines price.

P.S. I heard a stupid rumor in a couple parties recently that all money drops automatically divide evenly between the party members, this could account for some of the loose change we're seeing lying around the levels. Ignorance may be bliss, but it pays to be informed!

Musekaze
May 7, 2009, 02:40 PM
Money is only divided if Normal drops are Set in Order and not Give Finder.

Dhylec
May 7, 2009, 03:04 PM
Money is only divided if Normal drops are Set in Order and not Give Finder.

It also divided in Random.

OldCoot
May 7, 2009, 03:21 PM
Hang in there and keep on going. Run those event missions and the regular ones when the events are over. You will level and earn plenty. If anything right now it is so easy to level. Do 4 event runs and you should see a level.

Once the event is over I expect things to go back up in price. Good to hold onto them unti then.