PDA

View Full Version : Realization

CrimsomWolf
May 6, 2009, 08:36 AM
It just hit me, that my whole life happens in area roughly being 15-16 square kilometers in size.

Scary as Hell.
What's more scary, is that I have no motivation to change it.

Other than game shop, this area has everything: Mall, park, my school, my home etc.

Outrider
May 6, 2009, 10:39 AM
It just hit me, that my whole life happens in area roughly being 15-16 square kilometers in size.

Scary as Hell.

Tell me about it. What kind of unit of measure is a kilometer, amirite?

No, but seriously, I imagine that's true for a lot of people, especially here.

HolioArtillery
May 6, 2009, 10:45 AM
From where I live to about 60 miles south (about 90 kilometers I think) and about 20 to the west or east, and about 30 to the north.

So a 90x40 mile vertical organic rectangle.

This is not unusual at all, hell, go back a couple hundread years and it's freaking abnormal if anything. You stayed in your little town and did your job (usually also located in town) until you grew up and died. Only those with a good chunk of money could ever afford to move anywhere.

CrimsomWolf
May 6, 2009, 01:07 PM
Tell me about it. What kind of unit of measure is a kilometer, amirite?

One mile is 1 609.344 meters = 1.61 km.

I don't mean staying in the city. I mean that I live in area of roughly two street blocks.

And rarely ever leave them.

That's not entirely normal today, as a lot of people go from one corner of city to socialize, make shopping etc.

Not me though. (in fact, closest supermarket is barely 1,5km from my flat).

HolioArtillery
May 6, 2009, 01:28 PM
That's not entirely normal today, as a lot of people go from one corner of city to socialize, make shopping etc.

That doesn't make it a good or bad thing. What I'm pointing out is it's completely irrelevant whether you live your life within a few kilometers or within several. So your eyes finally opened and you thought, "Hey, there's more out there!" Yeah, well, duh! You going out there doesn't change it much, nor you. If you feel that for some idiotic reason staying within a small area is somehow bad, then get a job that forces you to travel, or just do delivery service or some shit.

Alnet
May 6, 2009, 01:32 PM

Scary as Hell.
What's more scary, is that I have no motivation to change it.

Other than game shop, this area has everything: Mall, park, my school, my home etc.
But now take into effect all the things that affect your daily life.

Say you wanted to go to the corner store and get an soda. Where was the soda manufactured?

Suddenly, the world is huge again. :wacko:

CrimsomWolf
May 6, 2009, 01:32 PM
It's just monotone.

My whole life is the same: Get up, wash up, go yo school, come back, eat dinner, do homework, do some random crap, go to sleep.

Next day the same thing. 365/366 days in the year.

EDIT: The more you know.

HolioArtillery
May 6, 2009, 01:44 PM
Welcome to reality, seems to have taken you long enough. Daily life is a repetitive cycle, punctuated here and there with somewhat original content, just enough to keep us sane (if that.) Of course if you want to be really hardcore against it, sell all your shit, pack you bags, and hitchhike to god knows where with no plan in site. I'm sure something different might happen.

CrimsomWolf
May 6, 2009, 01:48 PM
So, you never wanted do do anything original in your life?

Not that I would be surprised if answer is "No"

You'd made afine sailor on board nuclear submarines. They're the epitome of this repentance.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
May 6, 2009, 01:53 PM
My life is centered around one thing and one thing only. I HAVE to get the hell out of this town I'm in. If you guys don't know look to your left at my info. I LOATHE the town I am in. I used to live in a lower middle class neighborhood and I moved to this town (which is a upper-middle to high class neighborhood). At first it wasn't too bad because there wasn't many people living in it. Then one day the dumb ass mayor decided we should be more like Princeton (if you guys don't know what Princeton is it's like the proverbial jewel of New Jersey.) which was a horrible, horrible mistake. Now we get nasty ass New Yorkers (no offense) and snotty business men with they're gold digging house wives along with they're dumb-as-shit kids. I'm surprised no one has gone nuts and went on a killing spree yet. Hell, even the cops can't stand the people here! That should really tell you something about this hell hole I'm in. Some of the young un's I work with look at me funny because I don't have all three systems and an iPhone. Yea, you gotta have an iPhone to be even remotely "cool". Fuck this town. Fuck it and fuck the majority of feebs that live here. I know I'm not supposed to to wish this but screw it. I hope they get run over by a hearse. THE END!

Stupid ass town I knew I shoulda persuaded the mother figure to move to Arizona!

CrimsomWolf
May 6, 2009, 02:02 PM
It's not as bad here, but not much in its own way.

Other than monotone life, people are nasty, lazy, pathetic bitches with wacked work ethic, dumb kids, superiority complex (which all Czech people have, for no real reason, really) stuck up politicians, traffic jams, absolutely shitty (i mean literally) streets and sewers which stink like somebody keeps dumping bodies in it.

Only good thing is probably alcohol. Which I don't usually drink anyway.

Indeed, bad neighbors are thine worst enemy, regardless of race, religion, country or time.

TalHex
May 6, 2009, 02:12 PM
I hate my city... it's founded on pride which is pointless. No major wars happened around here (aside from the civil war and maybe the american revolution, but I don't really give a damn about those time periods), we have no castles, no cathedrals left over from the middle ages, nothing. America sucks.

I so want to move to Canada or Europe

CrimsomWolf
May 6, 2009, 02:16 PM
Shouldn't have doubted that song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsR2Mk4uh_4

TalHex
May 6, 2009, 02:19 PM
I never did, hence why I told the military to fuck off then they started bitching me to join :wacko:

FUCK YOU SELECTIVE SERVICE!

Outrider
May 6, 2009, 02:21 PM
I hate my city... it's founded on pride which is pointless. No major wars happened around here (aside from the civil war and maybe the american revolution, but I don't really give a damn about those time periods), we have no castles, no cathedrals left over from the middle ages, nothing. America sucks.

I so want to move to Canada or Europe

You are just too much sometimes. I can't tell if you're an actual person or just a walking stereotype.

No castles? That's seriously your problem? Try moving to the real world before you move to another country.

Crimson the Wolf, why don't you try and shake things up? Go on a trip this weekend with some friends. I've never been anywhere near that part of Europe, but I'm going to assume there are things you can do away from your house or even your city.

HolioArtillery
May 6, 2009, 02:30 PM
So, you never wanted do do anything original in your life?

Not that I would be surprised if answer is "No"

You'd made afine sailor on board nuclear submarines. They're the epitome of this repentance.

I've already done original things in my life. Went to new places, saw new thing, did new things. Did I wind up any better for them? Not really, changed a bit maybe, but for the better? long term? Not really. Of course, you're not me, could be different for you. My answer isn't an outright no, but something more along the lines as it's not as great a deal as you might think.

If you really want to seriously go for it, get stationed in another country through your military, or find a college with a foreign exchange program and go live in another country for awhile.

CrimsomWolf
May 6, 2009, 02:31 PM
Crimson the Wolf, why don't you try and shake things up? Go on a trip this weekend with some friends. I've never been anywhere near that part of Europe, but I'm going to assume there are things you can do away from your house or even your city.

We all need a happy pill :wacko:
Why so serious.

I'm facing these three obstacles called "scared, obsessive-compulsive parents, university exams and all crap related and theater"

Living in another country? Doing that at the moment, in Czech Republic.
Sucks, hard.

I'd move, but I can only do so once I finish what I'm doing at present (my IB diploma), so it'll still be a year or two.

HolioArtillery
May 6, 2009, 02:33 PM
I get timed out twice trying to send my message and have to retype, only to get ninjaed. God damn VBullshit.

TalHex
May 6, 2009, 02:34 PM
exchange program then?

CrimsomWolf
May 6, 2009, 02:36 PM
Sounds like a really bad manga/anime.

But might just work, for some.

TalHex
May 6, 2009, 02:37 PM
at least you aren't playing that IRL mmo :wacko: