PDA

View Full Version : Can someone explain to me what a GBR is....

Dark Phoenix5
May 7, 2009, 12:04 AM
please dont hate me for asking but at the time GBR or whatever it is, I wasn't around.I had taken a 8 month break.Now I'm hearing GBR this GBR that and I'm like wth are you people tlkin about.

So could someone be so nice as to explain...Thanks:-?

Mizari
May 7, 2009, 08:00 AM
Basically, a GBR (stands for "Guardians Boost Road") is a sequence of missions that you can run - usually three or four different missions, in StD it's three - which award you a certain percentage boost for item drops the more you run that sequence. So for example, for this upcoming GBR, if you run the mission sequence which includes Roar of Flames, The Big Push, and The Fourth Seal, after completing the sequence you will from then on have a boost to your drop rates whenever you run those missions again. This percent boost depends on the average mission difficulty you finish the sequence in - so, for example, you get a 2% boost for C runs, a 4% boost for A runs, a 6% boost for S2 runs, or whatever (I'm not quoting actual figures here, just giving a for instance).

The best part is, the more you run that sequence of 3 missions, the higher your drop rate boost goes - the boost bonuses will stack up to 50%. Also, the bonuses of all the group members stack as well, so if you have a full group of 4 players who each have a 50% bonus, the group gets a cumulative drop boost of 200% when running the GBR missions.

People like GBRs since if the overall drop rate is boosted, then the number of rare drops will increase as a result (not that the drop boost affects the % of dropped items that are rare - it only affects the overall drop rate of ALL items).

CJ Johnny
May 7, 2009, 05:31 PM
Here are the 'Previous', 'Current' and 'Future' for GBR.

http://psupedia.info/GUARDIANS_Boost_Road

dogg1000
May 8, 2009, 06:28 PM
So whats the % for each tiem around and ho many laps to get to 50%, noticed it was different than regular.

CJ Johnny
May 8, 2009, 06:43 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=163555

dogg1000
May 8, 2009, 06:50 PM
That is the old or regular, i know what the old %s are -.-

Lacen
May 9, 2009, 09:21 AM
I dunno much about the percentages... But uh... Your thread name is intriguing. xD GBR for STD's... >.<;;; Oh man... I should seriously stay away from PSOW when I'm uber tired after work. xD Geez, my apologies though. Just speaking my...uh...lack of sleep mind... =P I should make a sign like that at work tomorrow... Have someone hold it outside. xD "Will trade mah GBR's for STD's." Eheh... Yeah ok I gonna go now before cause a big stink on here. =P But yeah is GBR really up already on the game? I haven't been on since initial launch of update so I didn't notice much about it. Anyway, that would be pretty cool if it is open already. Anyone find any crazy equipment yet? o.0;;;

pinkace
May 9, 2009, 09:38 AM
I didn't know it stacked. So it's good to have a full team when doing GBR then.

I was wondering if the order of the missions affects the end result? If i start with $th System, then Big Push and then RoF, will I still get the boost?

BIGGIEstyle
May 9, 2009, 09:45 AM
1st Circuit: 20%
2nd Circuit: 30%
3rd Circuit: 31%
4th Circuit: 35%
5th Circuit 37% (?)

Sorry but that's all I had the patience for. I BELIEVE that's accurate although I could be mistaken.

Mytorie
May 9, 2009, 09:49 AM
Sorry if this question has been asked before, but I'm a fairly new player so I've never done any GBRs before. To get my boost do I have to do the event missions in order or can I keep doing the same one over and over?

Thanks in advance

dogg1000
May 9, 2009, 12:01 PM
meh, why are these being combined? Theres some completely different questions.