PDA

View Full Version : Megidrops

spacecowboy801
May 7, 2009, 10:13 AM
Hi,
I'm new to these forums and to PSU. I used to play PSO on the DC and its taken me a long time to make the jump.

Anyway, i'm still getting to grips with how the new system works but am a little confused as to what megi-drops are? I picked up about 10 last night and had no idea what they were - have attempted to search on these forums for an answer but couldn't really find an explanation.

So...what are they? what do they do? should i stop feeding them to my PM lol?

Thanks

Mizari
May 7, 2009, 10:18 AM
I'm assuming you've been running the missions of the special event taking place right now, Shred the Darkness. There are two kinds of special drops available during this event: Megi-drops and Megispheres. Megispheres can either be used to run the special solo mission The Magashi Plan (which itself has good drops if you run it), or traded for event-only weapons and items in the trade mission "Dark Crystal Seeker".

Megi-drops are a bit more plentiful than Megispheres, and ten of these can be traded in the above listed exchange mission for one Megisphere.

tjanuranus
May 8, 2009, 09:21 PM
9 drops not 10. Also once you get a stack of them don't trade them in. Keep them and when you are in a party you can only get spheres so the randos will get the drops. Pro tip for you! LOL

SStrikerR
May 8, 2009, 09:36 PM
Not really...You'll just get skipped when it comes to the drops, and the spheres will go to anyone, as usual.

tjanuranus
May 8, 2009, 09:59 PM
Disagree my sphere count has gone way up since doing that.

SStrikerR
May 8, 2009, 10:26 PM
Disagree all you want.

beatrixkiddo
May 8, 2009, 11:19 PM
9 drops not 10. Also once you get a stack of them don't trade them in. Keep them and when you are in a party you can only get spheres so the randos will get the drops. Pro tip for you! LOL

10 drops, sport.

PALRAPPYS
May 8, 2009, 11:31 PM

Random > Order? You can have your turn skipped on Order too :3

Also, it's 10 drops. Dunno what game you're playing.

Macras
May 9, 2009, 12:41 AM
Keep them and when you are in a party you can only get spheres so the randos will get the drops. Pro tip for you!

yay for the placebo effect.

Lacen
May 9, 2009, 09:15 AM
Lol... Man no wonder I didn't bother making an account before during PSO Days. xD Everyone is like... "Bam" I'm right bizatch!!! "Blarg!" NO ME!!! And Brimada is like... "NO U!!" =P Nah j/k j/k. I'm pretty sure that the person who posted up uh... 9 instead of 10 must've meant that you can only get 9 Spheres from a stack of 99 Drops. That is most likely what they meant but I could be wrong. xD There really are people out there who can't count you know. o.0;;; I've seen those types of people handing me there dolla's at the register at work... o.0;;; Be like... "This is 10 dora and 76 centsu..." o.0;;; *Counts* <.<;;; You gave me 11... <.<;;; Oh snap why'd I have to be honest about it... -.-;;; Lol. Sorry kinda in a playful mood at the moment. I'll let you guys go back to your bickering. xD Laters! =P Have fun. >.<;;;

tjanuranus
May 17, 2009, 05:21 PM
yeah that's what i was getting at with the 9 drop thing. anyway seriously i have gotten a ton of spheres using that trick. i know other people who do the same thing.