PDA

View Full Version : Bot question.

fuzzygrim
May 7, 2009, 03:49 PM
Hey everybody. I have a level 96 striking bot and have been makin kan yu and gudda hon weps alot. But for some reason out of the 35 or so wepons i have made the highest % has ben 28. So i was wndering if there was anything i could do to help raise the percentage? Thanks in advance for any answers

Lunairetic
May 7, 2009, 03:54 PM
No. It's 100% random. Keep trying.

fuzzygrim
May 7, 2009, 03:56 PM
Oh ok. Thank you. Cause someone told me that if i reset my bot and remake it it will make higher %. so thanks for tellin me before i wasted the time and money again

Lunairetic
May 7, 2009, 03:58 PM
Your success rate will increase, yes, because a pure strike PM has a better rate of success than a mixed-type. 100 Striking will always be better than 99, or anything else. But as far as %'s on the weapons go, it won't affect that.

pinkace
May 7, 2009, 04:36 PM
I think something else does affect attribute rates: experience. When I first started making weapons, they would have low %'s, but when I make one now, if it succeeds, it usually has 35-38% attribute. Hell I made an ank pikor with %41 ground :) I was ecstatic, even though I can't use axes anymore :(

Dymalos
May 7, 2009, 05:59 PM
I don't think experience has anything to with it. I only returned to playing PSU about 6 weeks ago. At that time I decided to put together a 100% Strike P.M. which I finished up about 4 weeks ago. Since that time it has made a 50% Vish Feara, 50% Vish Adan, 50% Fire Vish Kuseb, 50% Ice Vish Kuseb, 2x 46% Ice Vish Kuseb, 46% Two-Headed Ragnus, 46% Dark Kan Yu, 42% Light Kan Yu. 31 other various weapons with elements between 26-38%. 7 with elements between 10-24%. Oddly enough I've never made anything with an odd numbered percent.

Randomness
May 7, 2009, 06:20 PM
You cannot synth odd percents, actually. There are fixed percents you can receive.

pinkace
May 7, 2009, 06:24 PM
just checked, it was 38% :P my mistake

BIGGIEstyle
May 7, 2009, 07:18 PM
Pssh! You people who pull nothing but 36%-46% are born with a silver spoon in your mouth. I have to suffer through 6 months of 10-22% crap before I get anything good above 36%.

I pull a 40%+ weapon about once every 5 months I'd say.... T_T

pinkace
May 7, 2009, 07:43 PM
dude i have fed more %12 weapons to my PM than I can remember. I'd say hundreds. At least over a hundered.

Dymalos
May 7, 2009, 08:52 PM
The more you synth the likelier you are to pull a good %. My various high %'s are the result of bulk synthing made possible by the sheer amount of Par/Mot Walna and Cladorian/Catilium in the Event, the relatively easy to get Kan Yu boards in RoF S, and the vast amount of cheaply available boards for S Rank Whips.

SStrikerR
May 7, 2009, 08:56 PM
The more you synth the likelier you are to pull a good %. My various high %'s are the result of bulk synthing made possible by the sheer amount of Par/Mot Walna and Cladorian/Catilium in the Event, the relatively easy to get Kan Yu boards in RoF S, and the vast amount of cheaply available boards for S Rank Whips.

If you synth a lot of ites you obviously have a better chance at a high % because there are so many chances, but it doesn't physically increase your chances. As in, synth 1 weapon and you chance at get a high % is 10%. Synth 5 items at once and your chances of getting a high % is 75%.

Dymalos
May 8, 2009, 02:50 AM
Yeah, that's the point I was attempting to get across. If you're only synthing one weapon every week or less often, then it's very likely you'll go a few months without seeing a good %.