PDA

View Full Version : StD: UNKNOWN and PAs

Randomness
May 9, 2009, 06:27 PM
Is it just me, or is the UNKNOWN part of 4th System the best PA leveling spot... ever?

God I wish we could have double PA xp with this mission.

How many enemies are there in 4th, anyways?

Majarra
May 9, 2009, 06:35 PM
It is amazing. And theres 2 areas this time. Last event "Mission carnival" there was a room just like it. As for your enemies question...lets see...just completing the mission gave me 108 kills. And the pannons spawn in 5....its easy math but there are alot of pannons.

Shou
May 9, 2009, 06:36 PM
It is pretty good but I wish they didn't die so fast :/

Lacen
May 9, 2009, 07:38 PM
I need to check this out later. =P I need to work on a bunch of PA's that I haven't touched since PA lv. cap was 30. =P Shou you gonna be on PSU one of these days? Haven't seen you on in a long time. =P Well actually, I haven't been on much myself either due to work and stuff. =] Anyway, take care Shou I'll see ya later. But yeah, the PA leveling idea does sound like fun.

Darki
May 9, 2009, 07:45 PM
I've levelled there 5 grenade bullets to 11+ in less than 4 runs. Sadly it takes too much effort to reach the Pannons so there are some PAs that are a pain in the azz to level while in a run, like Boma Duranga (I pwn3d myself all the fucking Scapes because I was hitting criticals sometimes). But it's a wonderful spot to level up PAs.

S4CT4L1TY
May 9, 2009, 07:58 PM
got my last laser to 41 finally phew now on to techs :D

Randomness
May 9, 2009, 08:01 PM
I've levelled there 5 grenade bullets to 11+ in less than 4 runs. Sadly it takes too much effort to reach the Pannons so there are some PAs that are a pain in the azz to level while in a run, like Boma Duranga (I pwn3d myself all the fucking Scapes because I was hitting criticals sometimes). But it's a wonderful spot to level up PAs.

Yeah, I got a nade from 5 to 11 JUST in UNKNOWN.

ashley50
May 9, 2009, 08:06 PM
Thanks for pointing that out, as I didn't notice that

BIGGIEstyle
May 9, 2009, 09:16 PM
There are 235 enemies in 4th System if you go to the pannon rooms. With 4 of those being Seed Venases and a good hanful of Deljabans.

I'd wager there are 50 pannons in each room.

Also, I don't know if anyone had noticed, but the room you must purify Seed Blewmes to get to have fleshier Pannons, as you have to share them with a minimum of 3 others. The pannons in the Unknown area you can get solo seem to have less Hp from what I've seen.

Arika
May 9, 2009, 10:09 PM
This one is better than last one because:
1. the enemy has modified 0 EVA. mean that your attack will never miss!
2. the they can't walk out from their cage like what the polty did.
3. All their attack hit you 0.

Dragwind
May 10, 2009, 02:22 AM
It is indeed a great EXP leveling spot, even better than the carnival's imo.

Ruru
May 10, 2009, 02:24 AM
this is a great spot to level megiverse and regrant if anyone needed to. not getting hit means no interruptions. the only draw back of regrant is how fast it can kill you lol.

Darki
May 10, 2009, 02:44 AM
is the same than Durange, and you at least have resta to heal yourself, I gotta eat trimates like hell. xD

Ruru
May 10, 2009, 03:31 AM
lol thats true. and on that mission solo on S2 i can only imagine how low on mates you would be. D:

unless you use the crystal to go back to the lobby of course.

Neith
May 10, 2009, 07:16 AM
I got Renkai Buyou-zan 2 days ago. It's at 21 now, only from using it in UNKNOWN rooms :lol: One more run got Hishou from 1 to 10, so yeah, I'm liking it.

However; incase anyone doesn't know, you CANNOT level debuffs there. Because one side-effect of the UNKNOWN areas is the pannons being immune to all Status Effects, debuffs will not 'tag' them. Because of that, they get no EXP. For most other PA's though, it's amazing. I just wish there was a PP cube in the soloable Pannon room :wacko:

Randomness
May 10, 2009, 09:38 AM
I got Renkai Buyou-zan 2 days ago. It's at 21 now, only from using it in UNKNOWN rooms :lol: One more run got Hishou from 1 to 10, so yeah, I'm liking it.

However; incase anyone doesn't know, you CANNOT level debuffs there. Because one side-effect of the UNKNOWN areas is the pannons being immune to all Status Effects, debuffs will not 'tag' them. Because of that, they get no EXP. For most other PA's though, it's amazing. I just wish there was a PP cube in the soloable Pannon room :wacko:

Yeah. There's a cube, but you can't get to it solo, since you have to enter to trigger the spawn.

Of course, even a 3-man party gets shitloads of PA xp.

Rust
May 10, 2009, 11:51 AM

You know you love my blinding Regrants in your face.

Hrith
May 10, 2009, 12:35 PM
It's still slower than Rescuying Hyuga, much slower. Actually, it's barely better for leveling PAs than regular gameplay. People think it's good because they spam one and only one PA in those rooms, but if you did the same against other monsters, you'd notice your PAs level up the same.

May be decent if soloing, but in a team, it's a huge fucking waste of time. People should realise this and skip those useless rooms.

As far as experience is concerned, it's even worse; killing those Pannons is the best way to slow down your character leveling process (over twice as slow).

New_One
May 10, 2009, 12:42 PM
yeah i agree, any parties i join i suggest skipping the pannons because you get the S anyway. The pannon room in block 3 is just boring aswell >_>

i did solo the other pannon room to get robado upto lvl11 quick though..

Neith
May 10, 2009, 01:06 PM
It's still slower than Rescuying Hyuga, much slower. Actually, it's barely better for leveling PAs than regular gameplay. People think it's good because they spam one and only one PA in those rooms, but if you did the same against other monsters, you'd notice your PAs level up the same.

May be decent if soloing, but in a team, it's a huge fucking waste of time. People should realise this and skip those useless rooms.

As far as experience is concerned, it's even worse; killing those Pannons is the best way to slow down your character leveling process (over twice as slow).

People run the Pannon rooms because it allows you to level PA's in a unique atmosphere (where else can the monsters take so many hits yet not be able to hurt you?). Also, more monsters is more chance at Sanzu-hikec boards, which I'm collecting anyway. The sole fact that the Pannons are in such a small room (and can't escape) means that AoE PA's are extremely easy to level here, so it is worth running if you're after running the event in addition to leveling a few PA's on the way. If you're running it purely for PA leveling then yes, maybe you should reconsider. Most people running those rooms aren't running The 4th System purely to PA level though.

Also, Rescuing Hyuga assumes you've unlocked upto there in Story Mode. I don't know about you, but I refuse to run something as mundane as Story Mode on four different characters.

@Rust: I hate Regrants. It seriously hurts my eyes when someone levels it in a room that small :disapprove:

Hrith
May 10, 2009, 01:30 PM
I'm using Dus Robado in that mission, and I the % on it does not go up faster when in Pannon rooms, so it's a huge waste of time, IMO.

Unlocking RH takes like 30~40 minutes on a high-level character >_>;;

Neith
May 10, 2009, 02:42 PM
I'm using Dus Robado in that mission, and I the % on it does not go up faster when in Pannon rooms, so it's a huge waste of time, IMO.

Unlocking RH takes like 30~40 minutes on a high-level character >_>;;

That's 30-40 minutes I'd rather not be in Story Mode :wacko:

Genoa
May 10, 2009, 02:42 PM
Damu-tech leveling is working great in the UNKNOWN.

Ruru
May 10, 2009, 04:47 PM

regardless of whether or not you think its a complete waste of time. its one of the very few places you can level megiverse in this game safely and easily. that's enough for me. 6 dark enemies in a small room that can't interrupt me or escape from my megiverse isn't useless to me.

and my main characters are capped anyway so who cares about exp? >.> they're made for PA leveling. if sega intended them for exp they would have slapped on 1k exp to each of them or more.

really the only way sega could have made this room even better is if they gave the pannons more HP or a default damage to make you only do a small amount of damage to them so you get more hits in.

Vuronica
May 10, 2009, 06:02 PM
Definitely, especially on S2. Thanks to that I have gotten both my Ramegid and Nosdiga past lvl 41 in a single day. It's quite nice.

Working on Gidiga and Megid now, it's taking quite a while. Especially Megid. ^^;

HyperShot-X-
May 10, 2009, 06:05 PM
it is total waste of time only if all of your PAs are capped at Lv50. As for myself who put in close to 4k hrs on PSU since the launch and plays all classes as fighter, techer, & gunner on 4 different chars, I still don't have a single PA capped at Lv50, and I will be taking full advantage of PA Exp boost reward after the event is over as well.
& Yes, I luv PA leveling.

Hrith
May 10, 2009, 06:59 PM
[...]Play alone, then, don't annoy others.

Volcompat321
May 10, 2009, 07:04 PM
it is total waste of time only if all of your PAs are capped at Lv50. As for myself who put in close to 4k hrs on PSU since the launch and plays all classes as fighter, techer, & gunner on 4 different chars, I still don't have a single PA capped at Lv50, and I will be taking full advantage of PA Exp boost reward after the event is over as well.
& Yes, I luv PA leveling.

wait a minute....4k hours, Im going to assume your at level 150 with at least 1-3 characters. You have 0 level 50 (or capped) PA? I dont understand how that is possible ?(not trying to start a fight, im genuinly interested as in how)

I have way less hours, and have many PA's capped...and I rarely play anymore. Techs and bullets included in the capped part of my PA's. IMO (techs, bullets, melee) in that order of difficulty. But really, how do you accumulate so many hours and not cap pa?

HyperShot-X-
May 10, 2009, 07:51 PM
'how' you ask? It's not so hard if you don't try to spam 1 single PA over n over until it won't level up anymore. I frequently change my skills based on how effective and suitable they are against certain type of situation instead of spamming Renkai or daggas or jabroga from start to finish, and I also use all melee type weps & their PAs.

Similarly for technics & bullets, I try to use particular PAs that work best for each block and elements. For example, I don't use Rafoi on every enemy on every block, and I don't put 1 technic or bullet from top to bottom on my pallet just to cap it asap by spamming it to hell.

Just to make it clear for ppl who seems unable to be catching on this 1st time, not that you are one of 'them' btw, all your time & effort capping PAs to max have accomplished is effectively wasting your time to totally burn yourself out to quit out sooner than you could/should/would have just like the you-know-who. We haven't even started on the end game PSU, got that?

Ruru
May 10, 2009, 09:04 PM
Play alone, then, don't annoy others.

whoever said i dont play alone? i'm not gonna sit there in some crappy random party and level PA's.

Arika
May 10, 2009, 10:15 PM
lol. argument between..
Team A
-my char is 150
-I want to level up my PA
-I don't even care those boss drop, it won't go to me anyway.

Vs
Team B
-my char is not 150, and I plan to make it in this event.
-my PA is capped.
-I want only boss drop, go direct!

/big picture of this thread :D

Randomness
May 10, 2009, 10:36 PM
lol. argument between..
Team A
-my char is 150
-I want to level up my PA
-I don't even care those boss drop, it won't go to me anyway.

Vs
Team B
-my char is not 150, and I plan to make it in this event.
-my PA is capped.
-I want only boss drop, go direct!

/big picture of this thread :D

Compromise:
Run something else for speed leveling (Like Roar or Push)