PDA

View Full Version : Re-newb questions.

Sorenia
May 9, 2009, 07:14 PM
Ok I finally got a copy of the expansion and got my account running today (PC). My char was still there and after taking a bit to get myself remembering how to even play I went looking for people.
Somewhat unsurprisingly the area's I remembered how to get to were basically deserted. I didn't see anyone in lobbies at all and could only see like two solo parties total.

So my first question is where should I go at lvl 39 to find people to play with? Am I going to have to solo a lot till I catch up to the main population in levels? Also how populated are the PC servers in general? Should I maybe think about picking up the 360 version instead?

Any other useful info is also much appreciated.

Randomness
May 9, 2009, 07:19 PM
Right now, 5th floor of colony.

Event missions.

Sorenia
May 9, 2009, 07:30 PM
Right now, 5th floor of colony.

Event missions.

Oh I didn't look up there. How long is the event going on? What levels can go?

ashley50
May 9, 2009, 08:07 PM
22nd...what levels can go? Any levels?

Sorenia
May 10, 2009, 02:30 AM
I've another question that I've come across. Why are some of the item prices in shops blue or green? I've been looking through guides a bit but I haven't seen this one. Is it some sort of anti scam thing?

gum_on_shoe
May 10, 2009, 02:37 AM
They help let you know how much items are blue is 100k-999k green is 1m-9.99m and gold is 10m and up. All the zeros can mess you up sometimes.

Sorenia
May 10, 2009, 11:55 AM
Found another thing I don't remember here. On item stats what is the number in parentheses?

Thanks so far for all who took the time to answer by the way.

Dhylec
May 10, 2009, 12:18 PM
Found another thing I don't remember here. On item stats what is the number in parentheses?

Your current total stat.

Sorenia
May 10, 2009, 04:41 PM
Alright here is another possible dumb question.

I'm doing conditional searches for stuff to check prices but I can't search for Kubara Wood. I have it set to material category and the price and rarity aren't off. Nothing comes up though. If I do search by item name I find plenty of shops with it though so I know it's for sale.

Is this a bug or am I overlooking something?

NDW
May 10, 2009, 09:46 PM
Alright here is another possible dumb question.

I'm doing conditional searches for stuff to check prices but I can't search for Kubara Wood. I have it set to material category and the price and rarity aren't off. Nothing comes up though. If I do search by item name I find plenty of shops with it though so I know it's for sale.

Is this a bug or am I overlooking something?

Sometimes searching for certain items by its name doesn't work for some reason, just like "Cati / Skill PP Save".

Try searching "wood" with minimum rarity at 7*, you'll find Kubara Wood.

Here are some other tips that might be useful for you in the future when searching in shops:

- find weapons from a manufacturer by adding a space and "grm", "yohmei", "tenora", or "kubara"
- find weapons with certain grinds by adding a plus sign and the grind value, e.g. "psycho +5"
- find striking weapons or line shields with with certain elements: "fire", "ice", "lightning", "ground", "light", "dark", "no" (neutral), e.g. "armas no"
- narrowing results by adding a subtraction sign, e.g. "psycho -board"