PDA

View Full Version : grinding event?

Chunky McMunky
May 9, 2009, 08:51 PM
does any one think that they should have a day or week where all grinds and synths are a definate success like christmas or new years

i think alot of people would enjoy it because its like a christmas present or something and 1 day a year isnt all that unreasonable is it

Randomness
May 9, 2009, 08:53 PM
No. That would be bad.

We do not need people using S+1 to make 10/10 Repcas common.

Tetsaru
May 9, 2009, 10:37 PM
Man... I wish grinding was simple like in PSO or PSP... you just got a grinder, used it on the weapon you wanted, and BAM - your weapon is now stronger. In PSU... first you farm grinder BASES and SYNTH them using grinder BOARDS which RANDOMLY give you the actual grinders with various SUCCESS RATES. You THEN have to go all the way to the weapon's manufacturer, and FINALLY perform the actual grinding process... in which your weapon breaks half the time (or, back in the old PSU days, actually got DESTROYED). This method is extremely convoluted and relies heavily on luck rather than rewarding you for more time invested into the game just getting the damned things. Imo, you've already busted your ass finding or making the weapon you want, so long as it wasn't whored out during an event... If they just made grinders a rare and random drop that you couldn't farm easily (like Lithnias or something similar), I think that'd be enough, and I bet they'd still sell for high prices on the market. Either way, you'd still be investing a lot of time, either by getting them through drops or through buying them, just without all the bullshit you go through with PSU's grinding system.

NDW
May 9, 2009, 10:39 PM
Man... I wish grinding was simple like in PSO or PSP... you just got a grinder, used it on the weapon you wanted, and BAM - your weapon is now stronger. In PSU... first you farm grinder BASES and SYNTH them using grinder BOARDS which RANDOMLY give you the actual grinders with various SUCCESS RATES. You THEN have to go all the way to the weapon's manufacturer, and FINALLY perform the actual grinding process... in which your weapon breaks half the time (or, back in the old PSU days, actually got DESTROYED). This method is extremely convoluted and relies heavily on luck rather than rewarding you for more time invested into the game just getting the damned things. Imo, you've already busted your ass finding or making the weapon you want, so long as it wasn't whored out during an event... If they just made grinders a rare and random drop that you couldn't farm easily (like Lithnias or something similar), I think that'd be enough, and I bet they'd still sell for high prices on the market. Either way, you'd still be investing a lot of time, either by getting them through drops or through buying them, just without all the bullshit you go through with PSU's grinding system.

I totally agree.

Arika
May 9, 2009, 11:19 PM
They could give you a Christmas present by let you grind something with 100% chance for a few times. That would be fair for everybody to use his right to grind important things. Giving players a full day time with unlimited ability to grind is just bad.. They could grind everything they have within a day easily.

Dymalos
May 9, 2009, 11:23 PM
Heh, how did you guys put up with grinding when things just up and broke?

Magus_84
May 9, 2009, 11:25 PM

While I agree that it's convoluted...PSU grinds have far more of an effect than PSO's did. Each level, at the very least, is worth about a trigrinder's worth of ATP, plus usually a PP increase.

The closest analogue I can think of to PSU's "PP" system in PSO would be like...raising the limit on how many times you can use Berserk, Spirit or Charge without raising your HP, TP or meseta. As PP is a resource expended to fuel an increased damage modifier.

With that in mind, PSU's successful grinds are sorta worth their rarity.

Not worth the frustration, though. <_<

pinkace
May 9, 2009, 11:59 PM

Last time I spoke like this the mods moved my comment to the dead horse board. Be careful. They are watching, they are always watching. :s

Volcompat321
May 10, 2009, 12:04 AM
Heh, how did you guys put up with grinding when things just up and broke?

Just dealt with it. If you were brave enough to grind your ultra rare S rank wep, and break it....ON THE THIRD GRIND USING AN S+9 THEN YOU FAIL. Oh wait, that was me :( I wassssss ssoooo mad. I was poor back then, and just got lucky, and as fast as I got it, the weapon was taken away :(

beatrixkiddo
May 10, 2009, 12:17 AM
Just dealt with it. If you were brave enough to grind your ultra rare S rank wep, and break it....ON THE THIRD GRIND USING AN S+9 THEN YOU FAIL. Oh wait, that was me :( I wassssss ssoooo mad. I was poor back then, and just got lucky, and as fast as I got it, the weapon was taken away :(

You must be mistaken. There were no S+anything back when weapons broke (v1). S Grinder boards weren't available until AOTI launched, and with AOTI came the current grinding failure system.

Volcompat321
May 10, 2009, 12:27 AM
Yea, your right, ...been a while lol. It was actually Doublesabers, A rank Nightwalker I believe it was 42-46%% which was amazing!! To me at least..I still have the pics actually...I can post :D

New_One
May 10, 2009, 01:12 AM
i never grinded anything really rare in V.1 out of fear of it breaking, i think the only important thing i lost to the shaky red bar of death was my first Tengoh Bow

Volcompat321
May 10, 2009, 01:15 AM
Wait, I do recall grinding a Twin bearclaw, and it getting destroyed, could I be mistaken?
It's been sooo long it seems since V1...I swear Twin Bearclaw, and Crea-Doubles broke on me ..........Maybe....

dogg1000
May 10, 2009, 01:35 AM
I broke a love inferno from 1-2 with a +10 back when they were extremely rare ):