PDA

View Full Version : Best Missions For PA Fragments

pinkace
May 10, 2009, 10:31 AM
I was doing Mad creatures S2 and realized that its probably not the best S2 mission to get PA frags anymore; the areas are too large, and the enemies run around a lot. I want to tap onto the collective wisdom of this board:

What is the easiest, fastest, cheapest way to get PA frags?

Here is mine: trade in Megispheres for them, since I get around 3 spheres a run on S (4 on S2).

HienkyakuX
May 10, 2009, 10:45 AM
that's about it atm; any other way takes to mush time for the pay out.

Dhylec
May 10, 2009, 10:52 AM
If you need quick frags for something, trading sphere might be faster, but not very event-beneficial if haven't traded in for the other prizes. Frags can be found anytime, while event spheres are limited. I'm just saying to use 'em wisely. ;]

landman
May 10, 2009, 10:52 AM
Story mode: 340 PA fragments with any of your characters in 17 missions.

Randomness
May 10, 2009, 10:57 AM
Yeah, spheres are an excellent source of frags. 66 spheres/stack.

Of course, I don't have much I want from frags... except Plan loot... and I'm waiting for levels for that.

pinkace
May 10, 2009, 11:02 AM
Story mode: 340 PA fragments with any of your characters in 17 missions.

can you transfer those to your online character?

Randomness
May 10, 2009, 11:04 AM
No, he means the online story missions. S ranking a story mission on A is a one-time 10 PA frag bonus

Some are REALLY easy too, like the first act of the final Ep2 mission. Kill one NPC for 10 frags!

landman
May 10, 2009, 11:06 AM
Online Story mode, you talk with Mina, the one you have been talking tons of times during this event, and select "Normal Mission Counter"

pinkace
May 10, 2009, 11:07 AM
No, he means the online story missions. S ranking a story mission on A is a one-time 10 PA frag bonus

Some are REALLY easy too, like the first act of the final Ep2 mission. Kill one NPC for 10 frags!

.... but only offline... so they are only usable by Ethan.

Randomness
May 10, 2009, 11:08 AM
No, online missions give them, lol.

Volcompat321
May 10, 2009, 11:09 AM
There are online story missions at the same counter as the event missions, just hit normal counter.

pinkace
May 10, 2009, 11:14 AM
OOOHHH..... i got it...

aren't those called extra missions or Chapter 2 and Chapter 3 missions?

You guys confused me :p I did one long ago to get the goggles.

I always felt that I should play the offline story mode before I play chapter 2 and 3, I don't want to miss out too much.

Does it make a difference what rank I play those missions in?

Volcompat321
May 10, 2009, 11:16 AM
get an A on S to get 10 frags. And honestly, why not Fight for Food S2, or the one in the next lobby, forget name. Takes like no lie, 2 minutes to run, and you get 2 frags a run.

(I was level uh, 100, when I ran either one of those that were the 2 min run)

pinkace
May 10, 2009, 11:24 AM
I haven't done that in YEARS.

so fight for food is faster than Mad Creatures?

p.s. : I checked PSUPedia and doing the extra mission (online story missions :p) would take a really long time! Not necessarily the most efficient way to get PA frags.

Volcompat321
May 10, 2009, 11:27 AM
yea, thats why I suggested the fight for food, or the mission in the lobby right after that one. I don't remember what it's called since it's been a while. I also haven't needed frags in forever. The way I figure it is, (FFFS2)10 minutes for 10 frags, or (online story)20+ minutes for 10 frags...

Gibdozer
May 10, 2009, 01:06 PM
If your just running for frags you might as well run the event and trade spheres for them! By running the event you will get more EXP and MP while collecting more spheres/frags. I think its silly to call investing in PA frags a waste of spheres. I walked out of carnival with 600 frags, Its nice having a surplus, and at the end of STD i will refill my coffers. Yes you can make 10 a pop on story missions, but if your obsessed with moves, spells, and bullets (like me) you will run through those very quickly.

If your a lower level (can't run S or S2) or just have no frags I would try to come out of this event with at least 200. The items you get for trade in the event can be bought in player shops, but frags/PA skills cannot be bought or traded for. Digging for frags to buy a fancy new move sucks, take the easy route now or kick yourself later!

pinkace
May 10, 2009, 01:36 PM
thanks for the input everyone.