PDA

View Full Version : PSU Questions About Leveling Skills/Bullets/Technics

pinkace
May 10, 2009, 03:22 PM
I was wondering: do your PA's level faster if you fight higher-level enemies than your character? I was wondering if it would be faster for a lower-level character to max out a PA than for a higher level character.... I am not explaining myself well, so let me present the exact situation:

I have a Fighgunner Human Female level 76 and a Wartecher Newman Female level 90. They both can only do S ranked missions. So if both are using twin daggers and both are using Renkai Buyou-zan, which character would level this skill faster?

If there is a difference, then is there a formula? Does it matter what level class the character is (FF lvl 10 vs FF lvl 20)?

Do skills, bullets and technics level faster on S2 than on S, on S than on A, and so on and so forth?

(p.s.: the S rank mission I refer to are event missions)

Magus_84
May 10, 2009, 03:29 PM
I was wondering: do your PA's level faster if you fight higher-level enemies than your character? I was wondering if it would be faster for a lower-level character to max out a PA than for a higher level character.... I am not explaining myself well, so let me present the exact situation:

I have a Fighgunner Human Female level 76 and a Wartecher Newman Female level 90. They both can only do S ranked missions. So if both are using twin daggers and both are using Renkai Buyou-zan, which character would level this skill faster?

If there is a difference, then is there a formula? Does it matter what level class the character is (FF lvl 10 vs FF lvl 20)?

Do skills, bullets and technics level faster on S2 than on S, on S than on A, and so on and so forth?

(p.s.: the S rank mission I refer to are event missions)

There's no difference to the modifier, but the more times you can use a specific thing in a given time span, the faster it will level.

If you're using it against stuff that doesn't die as fast, you can use it more before having to restart the mission.

So low TP/ATP and enemies that can take hits will save you the trouble of restarting. Casting-speed boost units and Acro/Master classes can help to.

Randomness
May 10, 2009, 04:01 PM
PA leveling is based off the number of hits.

Any time you cause an effect on something, thats +1 xp. (Not +1%)

Suzuka Miyamoto
May 10, 2009, 04:33 PM
When it comes to bullets shotguns lv so fast because they fire more than one bullet.

Rilfles take forever to lv at 21 to 31. But after 31 they lv easy.

Ruru
May 10, 2009, 04:57 PM
There's no difference to the modifier, but the more times you can use a specific thing in a given time span, the faster it will level.

If you're using it against stuff that doesn't die as fast, you can use it more before having to restart the mission.

So low TP/ATP and enemies that can take hits will save you the trouble of restarting. Casting-speed boost units and Acro/Master classes can help to.

this.

PA's level at the same rate no matter who uses them or at what level. the only difference is the amount of hits you get off on a single enemy/group compared to hitting something one time and killing it. if you want to level a PA without having to restart a mission over and over its best to level it on a lower character instead of your more powerfull one. this only saves time though so in effect it can be "technically" faster. but the PA will still take the same amount of hits per level.

SStrikerR
May 10, 2009, 06:00 PM
I advise you use the pannon room in the 4th seal for PA leveling.

pinkace
May 10, 2009, 07:16 PM
Thank you all.

Criss
May 10, 2009, 08:14 PM
It's all about the number of hits of at least 1 damage. The more hits you can deal on as many enemies as possible and as fast as possible, the faster the PA will level. Of course, some multi-target PAs will require more hits to level.

You get the same amount of "PA exp" from weaker enemies, but you'll get to hit stronger enemies many more times before having to move on to the next.

ashley50
May 11, 2009, 02:29 AM
levelling stuff now isn't as long like it does before.

So this shouldn't be a problem

biggabertha
May 11, 2009, 03:30 AM
"All my weeks spent in "Rescuing Hyuga" are now worthless...!"

But yeah, seriously, don't worry so much about leveling PAs so eagerly for the time being. With that ridiculous 2x PA exp payout on top of the 2x/3x payout we already have, everything will level like no one's business.

(It sucks so bad that repetitive use of a single firearm against enemies that don't touch you except when they explode seems to still tield the fastest results in the shortest time constraints....)

pinkace
May 11, 2009, 09:59 AM
I level all my PA's simultaneously. I have fire, ice, lightning, ground, light and dark shotgun bullets, for example. They ALL are level 13 now. When one hits 14, I immediately switch to the next level 13 bullet until that is 14, and I continue that way. The same goes for my Grenade launcher, rifle and handgun.

As far as technics for my force, I got everything over level 11, and I follow the same ruleset. Everything levels simultaneously.

What I am saying is, when you have 50 different PA's to level, it does matter.

fayt6
May 11, 2009, 10:25 AM
thats going to get old for you real fast lmao

Musekaze
May 11, 2009, 10:52 AM
I find it fastest to focus on one PA at a time, then you're not constantly switching in and out. Also: don't constantly check the XP on a PA. Something I've learned in my years of MMOs is that things always SEEM to move faster when you're not paying attention to them.

pinkace
May 11, 2009, 11:12 AM
Well I have been doing this for years now. This is why I dont have any level 41 PA's... but I am almost ready for almost any situation :P

Sano
May 11, 2009, 11:49 AM
For years and your bullets are only 13 pushing 14? I do not mean to sound mean if I do but, you must be doing it wrong. I started playing before WMC and up to this point, I have one PA @40, another @38, and possibly 2 more in the 30's I think (not logged in atm). Majority of the rest of my PA's are in the 20's range. Off course I have some that are still in the 10-19 range and some not even learned. But, I do have a lot of PA"s learned and without even doing the method you've chosen, they seem to have leveled more efficiently than yours have. o_o

Again, I'm not trying to diss you, say you suck or whatever other possible negative meaning you can perceive from this but, I suggest you try it like I have been. Level what you like to use but also, whats more effective. For example: Using Fire on Ice mobs, Earth on Lightning, etc. Now, one of the things I do to make sure they all level decently and not leave any other PA's too far behind is similar to what you do but, I do it at different intervals.

You do all your PA's in 1 level increments. Like mentioned above, that should have gotten old for you real fast. What I do is, when one of them breaks into a new tier (11+, 21+, 31+, etc) thats when I consider holding off on using them and using another more often. I still use it when I have to play serious but, if its just messing around, helping friends or monsters that I know are no threat (a lot of them lol), I'll use other element bullets/technics or Skills that I havene't leveled as high or a different weapon and skill set in general. By doing this, it helps me break off the monotonous using a particular weapon too often. Also, the changing of the pa's (more on the skill and technic side) is nice too. Maybe all I had to say was "Raise your intervals from every level to every tier" instead of all the other text but... whatever lol.

lethe
May 11, 2009, 12:24 PM
For years and your bullets are only 13 pushing 14? I do not mean to sound mean if I do but, you must be doing it wrong. I started playing before WMC and up to this point, I have one PA @40, another @38, and possibly 2 more in the 30's I think (not logged in atm). Majority of the rest of my PA's are in the 20's range. Off course I have some that are still in the 10-19 range and some not even learned. But, I do have a lot of PA"s learned and without even doing the method you've chosen, they seem to have leveled more efficiently than yours have. o_o

Again, I'm not trying to diss you, say you suck or whatever other possible negative meaning you can perceive from this but, I suggest you try it like I have been. Level what you like to use but also, whats more effective. For example: Using Fire on Ice mobs, Earth on Lightning, etc. Now, one of the things I do to make sure they all level decently and not leave any other PA's too far behind is similar to what you do but, I do it at different intervals.

You do all your PA's in 1 level increments. Like mentioned above, that should have gotten old for you real fast. What I do is, when one of them breaks into a new tier (11+, 21+, 31+, etc) thats when I consider holding off on using them and using another more often. I still use it when I have to play serious but, if its just messing around, helping friends or monsters that I know are no threat (a lot of them lol), I'll use other element bullets/technics or Skills that I havene't leveled as high or a different weapon and skill set in general. By doing this, it helps me break off the monotonous using a particular weapon too often. Also, the changing of the pa's (more on the skill and technic side) is nice too. Maybe all I had to say was "Raise your intervals from every level to every tier" instead of all the other text but... whatever lol.

I dont think they meant years as in years playing this game, i think they meant it either to describe their entire MMO career or as a figure of speech. Also, technically their method shouldnt take much longer than focusing on one art then the next in the long run.

pinkace
May 11, 2009, 03:28 PM
^

no, he is right, I meant 'years' as in since I started playing PSU (launch day). :(

I like Jaguar's suggestion to level a bullet to 21+ and then move to another one. I will try that.

I think someone really explained why my bullets are so low while my characters/classes are so high; it is because while I play a healthy ammonut (over 2400 hours between 4 characters), a ton of this time is spent on events.

Sano
May 12, 2009, 05:17 AM
Hey Pinkace, you play on PC/PS2 servers right? If so, let me know so we can exchange cards and we can hang out . :) My main is Forbiddenbeat so if you are on PC/PS2, leave a message on my BB and we can try to catch each other some time.

pinkace
May 12, 2009, 10:32 AM
I play on 360. Hell, PSU is the reason I got one; I remember going to the store;

"hi can I have PSU please? what is PSU? well Phantasy Star Universe of course... it just came out today... that's right. what? you only have 3 copies? good god, they are selling like hotcakes huh? thats aweso.... oh you only got 3 copies for the whole store... and I am the first one to buy one? that's... uhmm, great. well, thank you, see you late... oh crap wait!! I need to buy a 360 as well."

Calsetes
May 12, 2009, 10:48 AM
I'm in the same boat as Pink. I played since launch (with a one year break in the middle, only because my PC exploded and it took me that long to rebuild a mother-of-god machine). My gunner (who's an alt, mind you so that does count for some of it) has two shotgun bullets at 21, the rest somewhere between 11 and 15, two rifle bullets at 21, the rest (again) between 11 and 17 or so, and 2 laser bullets at 21, the rest are (guess where?) between 11 and 15 or so.

Although I did start using random PAs and weapons for other classes and such, and have a good number of them around the 21+ mark. The main thing is I really don't go into an area, say "How can I get skill X to the cap the fastest?" then go at it, I level them as I use them. I think it's more fun that way (as long as you avoid all the guys who go, "A level 100 gunmaster with level 11 ground bullets!?!? You suck, I boot you now!")

Back on topic though, I started out leveling all my bullets and skills that way too, Pink, but found the "move to next bracket and switch then" strategy pretty good also. I level my guns like this:

Rifle, Shotgun, Laser, in that order, all on.... Fire, let's say. I use up my rifles, switch to my shotguns, then to my lasers. Once my rifle fire bullet hits 21, I switch it to something that's high PP-usage, like Killer Shot, and use that until they're dead, then switch to shotguns, then switch to lasers. Sounds a bit confusing, but it levels up my Killer Shot pretty well, makes sure that all my bullets are around the same level, and keeps things somewhat interesting.

lethe
May 12, 2009, 12:33 PM
I play on 360. Hell, PSU is the reason I got one; I remember going to the store;

"hi can I have PSU please? what is PSU? well Phantasy Star Universe of course... it just came out today... that's right. what? you only have 3 copies? good god, they are selling like hotcakes huh? thats aweso.... oh you only got 3 copies for the whole store... and I am the first one to buy one? that's... uhmm, great. well, thank you, see you late... oh crap wait!! I need to buy a 360 as well."

I play on 360 as well, If you want help leveling stuff or a party that wont boot you send a messege to my gamertag: Manic Mudkip
and i'll get in contact with you,