PDA

View Full Version : ATTN Lie to Me...

furrypaws
May 10, 2009, 09:43 PM
...I want my 43 minutes back. >_>;

---
I'm warning you right now there are some spoilers for the most recent episode. If you haven't seen it yet and are planning to, please go read some other rant.
---

I watched the most recent episode because it was recommended by a friend. Never having seen the show before, I was curious, so I watched it on Hulu.

From start to finish, it was just downright awful, and follows the typical "crime scene" set of characters.

-Mary Sue protagonist. Characterized by being invincible and omniscient along with receiving oodles and oodles of praise about how great he or she is at every single moment.
-Helpless sidekick. Characterized by only purpose being to be stolen/abused in some way and invoke "emotion" in Mary Sue. Female nearly all of the time.
-Obnoxious protege. Characterized by wishing to be just as great as Mary Sue and occasionally going behind Mary Sue's back. Most of the time these go-behinds are blatent failures and result in "I-told-you-so" from Mary Sue, but when they're not, they crack the case and prove Mary Sue wrong.
-Random intern. Characterized by being arrogant and trying to act smarter than everyone else, normally nemesis with Mary Sue and friends with the protege.
-Bumbling cop. Characterized by random fits of anger, inferiority to Mary Sue, and constantly questioning Mary Sue's actions until he comes to realize, "Hey, maybe Mary Sue actually is perfect!!1"
-Smarty-pants criminal. Characterized by being smug and cocky, normally buddy-buddy, appearing to have control over the situation until Mary Sue randomly outsmarts him and puts him in his place.

Also, add a large heaping of superiority complex to every character save for helpless sidekick.

The whole, "I had it all planned out all along!!!" scheme just made me groan. I mean, come on. Predicting a chain of 20+ events...in a span of what appears to be 24 hours? Yeah, ok.

And the main character rambling off everyone's physical emotion...is really, really annoying. That's something the viewer is supposed to do, not have the main character list and point out every single time. Not to mention it adds to Mary Sue's already omniscient personality.

Granted, some of the shows I like better aren't incredibly superior (Fringe, Lost [which is becoming obnoxious too, I'm really just watching to see where it ends up], etc.), but they're at least still a lot better, original, and less...well, frustrating to watch.

EDIT: All in all, I'm just frustrated I wasted 43 minutes of my life on that piece of...uninteresting, lame show. But I feel better now that I've ranted. ._.

W0LB0T
May 10, 2009, 10:20 PM
Just yet another crime drama you janks keep churning out. Just the same show as the last one but with a diffrent name and quirk.

CSI- Ooh look its forensics
Nub3ers- Ooh look maths
CSI Miami- Ooh look Lame pun. Put on glasses. YEEAAAAAAHH!!!
Law and order and its billions of spinoffs- Ooh look I'm turning the TV off
Life on mars- Ooh look we ripped off another sucessfull british TV show, but unlike the britsh it will keep going ang going and going and going.......(I may be wrong here)
Leccy Spongers- Ooh look they keep having to charge their portable electronic devices, Woops! thats just a Harry Enfield sketch.

SStrikerR
May 13, 2009, 06:23 PM
NCIS
Numb3rs
Without a trace

Good crime shows. Oh and 24 too.