PDA

View Full Version : Grinder Board Results Predetermined?

Dymalos
May 11, 2009, 07:48 AM
I had 85 Grinder Base A's sitting in my storage so I picked up the 17 boards to go ahead and make me some Grinders. Alright so I synth up all but 1 board, which I notice will only allow me to synth 3 out of 5, which is wierd because I have 5 Grinder Base A's in storage. I check my Grinders and sure enough I have 96 Grinder A+3... so I take out 2 of them and I synth up the last board, which is now allowing me to Synth the full 5 Grinders. Sure enough they come up as A+3.

Does this mean that I could have 99 of all of the Grinders S+1-9 and ensure that I only make S+10's by deleting any [B]'s that won't let me synth the full complement of 5?

Dhylec
May 11, 2009, 07:57 AM
There was a glitch back then that some people used to force +10 grinder out. ST fixed this. You can only synth 99 of any grinder. It won't let you over-synth to force +10 anymore.

Volcompat321
May 11, 2009, 08:01 AM
But if they fixed it, (not saying they didnt) Maybe there is something they didnt catch? Cause if this happened to him/her recently wouldnt that mean it could work?

Dymalos
May 11, 2009, 08:02 AM
This happened to me about 20 minutes ago.

Volcompat321
May 11, 2009, 08:05 AM
Hmm....I wish I were home now...I have a stack+ of bases and close to a stack of S+9...and I'm sure the other ones are cheap enough to buy a stack....I'm guessing ST missed something, I'm no game programmer nor do I know anything about it, but I'm gonna take a guess and say, is it possible when ST added items, or missions, or anything in the programming, that they accidently deleted their fix somehow? Like I said, I'm no programmer, I'm just taking a wild guess.

desturel
May 11, 2009, 09:36 AM
No, it's not predetermined. You just got lucky (or unlucky in this case). It's still random.

Volcompat321
May 11, 2009, 09:39 AM
how would it be unlucky?

desturel
May 11, 2009, 09:39 AM
how would it be unlucky?

A+3 isn't a very good grinder. :)

Volcompat321
May 11, 2009, 09:41 AM
well, when (s)he figured this out, he had the idea
Does this mean that I could have 99 of all of the Grinders S+1-9 and ensure that I only make S+10's by deleting any [B]'s that won't let me synth the full complement of 5? so, I'd consider it a good thing, if it actually works. Right?