PDA

View Full Version : Mission S or S2, exp penalty

Bupon
May 11, 2009, 06:27 PM
I am level 110 and I seem to be getting more XP on S then S2. Around what level do you start getting more XP on S2 then S?

ashley50
May 11, 2009, 06:31 PM
130 maybe?

_Vyser_
May 11, 2009, 06:32 PM
I recall the level difference of 30 being thrown out somewhere, but I honestly don't know. I guess try S2 for exp at 120 or something and compare the two. I usually do S2 runs anyway (if S2 has better drops).

CJ Johnny
May 11, 2009, 07:47 PM
I belive you need to be within 10 Levels of the monster.
ie: DF-170. You need to be 160 to get the ful Exp.
Other then that. It is very often we see Monster LV that are 121, 131. With xx1 extra. or 36, 76

Just days ago. I made a new charater. Running 'A' I get 410 out of each Ageeta. The Fire dog or Dino.
Running 'S' I get 380 or 390 somewhere there.

It's not that hard to figure out.
Imagain this.
A LV 100 and a LV 140. Both running the same Mission, S or S2 take your pick.
When the LV 100 is getting same Exp as the LV 140.

I am very certain that the LV 100 will cap before the LV140 do.

Does it sound right! Of course not.

NDW
May 11, 2009, 07:58 PM
You must be within 30 levels from an enemy creature to gain full EXP.

Kazemi
May 11, 2009, 08:49 PM
the penalty is 2% less experience for each level past the 30 levels mark.

for example:
40 levels lower: 20% less exp
50 levels lower: 40% less exp
60 levels lower: 60% less exp

so if you're level 100, a level 100 booma will give more exp than a level 155 one. such awesome logic isn't it?

_Vyser_
May 11, 2009, 09:26 PM
Yeah, I can kind of see what Sega was going for with that exp modifier, but what's what's the point of the level requirement then? Unless you're running the mission for potential rares (not too many of those anymore), chances are most people will pick the level with best exp/time. I guess you have to pick if you want to level faster, or have access to better items for awhile :/

Volcompat321
May 12, 2009, 12:20 AM
You must be within 30 levels from an enemy creature to gain full EXP.

the penalty is 2% less experience for each level past the 30 levels mark.

for example:
40 levels lower: 20% less exp
50 levels lower: 40% less exp
60 levels lower: 60% less exp

so if you're level 100, a level 100 booma will give more exp than a level 155 one. such awesome logic isn't it?

You's guys know what your talking about.

stukasa
May 12, 2009, 01:00 AM
You won't get the full EXP until you're within 30 levels of the monsters BUT that doesn't mean you won't get more EXP on S2 (than S) if you're lower than that. I don't know the exact level where the EXP from S2 passes S but I'd guess it's somewhere around 115 for Roar of Flames (if Kazemi is right).

Volcompat321
May 12, 2009, 01:10 AM
You won't get the full EXP until you're within 30 levels of the monsters BUT that doesn't mean you won't get more EXP on S2 (than S) if you're lower than that. I don't know the exact level where the EXP from S2 passes S but I'd guess it's somewhere around 115 for Roar of Flames (if Kazemi is right).

You will get full exp if your within 30 levels. I'm not sure of the event, but in White Beast S-S2, you get more exp on S than S2 if your not in that 30 level mark.

mvffin
May 12, 2009, 01:12 AM

But it will also take you longer to do the mission on S2, making your experience per hour less overall anyways.

fay
May 12, 2009, 01:34 AM
actually its only 20 levels behind the monster to get the full exp.
i tested it not to long ago with one of my characters. it was definitely only the 20 levels for me :/

Volcompat321
May 12, 2009, 01:36 AM
actually its only 20 levels behind the monster to get the full exp.
i tested it not to long ago with one of my characters. it was definitely only the 20 levels for me :/

They give you extra levels then. Cause even my level 131 cast doesn't get full exp. I tested that out with event S2 runs.
(165+ monsters)

_Vyser_
May 12, 2009, 01:44 AM
They give you extra levels then. Cause even my level 131 cast doesn't get full exp. I tested that out with event S2 runs.
(165+ monsters)

You might be 20 levels behind the cap, but isn't the "within 30 levels" refer to the monster's level? In that case, there would be no reason for your CAST to get full exp.

fay
May 12, 2009, 01:45 AM
>_< i wish sega would stop messing with my head. i swear, one of these days im gonna end up hitting sega employes with a roasted welldone!

_Vyser_
May 12, 2009, 01:48 AM
Much like elemental %...Really wish the calculations for everything made sense in this game.

fay
May 12, 2009, 01:54 AM
I wish sega gave us raw numbers for stuff from the game. preferably for the drop rates of course. saying that, it might scare people away if they knew the drop rates of milla for example

Namine
May 12, 2009, 05:11 AM
Its roughly 1% per level past 30 under the enemy level. 31 levels below the enemy would be 1%(2% is probably because the enemy experience in the events mission is double normal experience, I believe).

I think it was around level 127, a friend was actually getting more experience in S2 then S for Roar of Flames.

NDW
May 12, 2009, 07:11 AM
But it will also take you longer to do the mission on S2, making your experience per hour less overall anyways.

Exactly.

stukasa
May 12, 2009, 10:37 AM
That's also true, but it really depends on your party. If you're in a party of 4 the clear time probably won't be that much different. If you're solo it could make a big difference. Also, don't forget one of the biggest reasons for playing on S2 even though it's slower: better rares! :D

pinkace
May 12, 2009, 10:40 AM
Why do people have to guess!? You confuse those of us who really don't know. If you don't know then don't respond, no one will think any less of you. Who are you trying to impress?

One person types in numbers and stats as fact and then someone else comes in and types something different and still everyone sounds so sure of him/herself.

It's not so much your fault(s), this info should be provided by the developer.

Calsetes
May 12, 2009, 10:50 AM
I do it for drop rates.

I'm poor as hell, I need all the money my little money-grubbing fingers can get ahold of.

_Vyser_
May 12, 2009, 10:50 AM
If no one guessed, we probably wouldn't have some of this information. From what I can tell, it doesn't look like Sega gave us any formulas for this stuff. I've read quite a few trial-and-error posts over the years and if anything, we got a general basis for what the aim of the topic was. In the end, this is not that big of a deal.

pinkace
May 12, 2009, 11:05 AM
so is it 10 levels or 30? don't enemies in S2 missions have more exp than enemies in S by virtue of their level?

hunterseifer
May 12, 2009, 05:07 PM
Anyone find it weird sega discourages ppl from fighting higher lvl mobs so they give out a exp penalty? shouldnt it be the other way around...like "as a good job for hard work so you get extra exp" not a "hah you did that hard work for nothing so here's a exp penalty!" type of deal?

Darki
May 12, 2009, 05:22 PM
Anyone find it weird sega discourages ppl from fighting higher lvl mobs so they give out a exp penalty? shouldnt it be the other way around...like "as a good job for hard work so you get extra exp" not a "hah you did that hard work for nothing so here's a exp penalty!" type of deal?

The problem is basically that most of the people would go the "hah my lvl 150 friend will leech my exp so I only need to tag everything with a gun" way, so, to avoid that, they decided that you don't need to enlarge your e-penis killing monsters stronger than you when the ones in your level range give good exp.

pinkace
May 12, 2009, 07:50 PM

No. Those who are very low level but have friends that are super high level cannot just tag along on a party and level up quickly; you have to earn your experience.