PDA

View Full Version : So what's the secret to finding decent party members?

_garnet
May 12, 2009, 03:56 PM
Hello, everyone. I'm _garnet, and I'm relatively new to PSU.

My boyfriend and I both play pretty heavily (we use the XBL gamertag DaviKaze, I'm Garnet and he's DaviKaze in-game). He's lv 116, lv 20 Fighgunner and I'm lv 77, lv 12 Acrotecher (yes, I'm lazy). We're also reasonable, intelligent adults. So far we've dealt with screaming eight year olds, booters, people who are constantly AFK, people who flip out about drops, and people who are pretty much just downright rude and stupid. It's not like we're new to online gaming or THE INTERNETS so it's not surprising, but it IS getting pretty old.

My question is this. Is there some secret to finding people to party with for a few runs that won't make us want to shoot ourselves in the head? Are there any active groups we could join to find nice, competent, and easygoing party members? We'd love to make some new friends and enjoy the game more, but uh, yeah, help us out here >_>

Thanks! You can contact me on AIM at battlexmaiden if you want to party up!

_garnet

ZyphNeko
May 12, 2009, 04:12 PM
Well, the only possible way is to get PSU for PS2 or PC. Sadly, the 360 is just full of little brats like that. Although the PS2/PC servers lack quantity, we make that up with having quality. That's my biased view, at least. I'm sure there are at least very few humane, sane, decent folks hiding around like ninjas on those 360 servers, but that's like trying to find a Vijerina / Resist or some other crappy comparison like that.

That's about all I can say about that...

Neko~

PALRAPPYS
May 12, 2009, 04:29 PM
Well, the only possible way is to get PSU for PS2 or PC. Sadly, the 360 is just full of little brats like that. Although the PS2/PC servers lack quantity, we make that up with having quality. That's my biased view, at least. I'm sure there are at least very few humane, sane, decent folks hiding around like ninjas on those 360 servers, but that's like trying to find a Vijerina / Resist or some other crappy comparison like that.

Neko~

o hai i is frum pc evy1 nos dat 360 is onry 5 yr ulds

It's just luck if you get into good parties or not. I have yet to be booted in STD, and I've played quite a bit in it. I advise trying to find a few people that you'll be doing runs with that are nice, and play with them during the event. Not everyone is an idiot and if they have a keyboard and you do too, you may be able to make friends with them.

OldCoot
May 12, 2009, 04:33 PM
I think you just have to keep playing and once you find good players see if you can stay in contact. I get a lot of partner cards from players along the way, but a few days later when I say hi and see if they want to do some runs, I am ignored.

It takes time but sooner or later (if you want to wait) you can find a good core group to depend on for runs.

These events seem to bring out the worst in some players so when this is all over and the community switches back to WB you might be able to find some better players.

Also try the part of the board where you are looking for a group.

hunterseifer
May 12, 2009, 04:41 PM

Neko~

Its pretty much what neko said, if you want to find a group of good ppl on 360 servers its like a needle in a hay stack, except the needle moves around when it wants too. Since you and your bf isnt very high lvl'd, might as well try out the ps2/pc servers, see if you like it or not. I've played on both sides, ps2/pc is smaller, but still worth it. Since event is going on, shouldnt be too much of a problem to lvl up.

Noc Codez
May 12, 2009, 05:02 PM
Not for nothing.... but if you want a chilled group to play with on XBL look into NOC clan. our website is WWW.JOINNOC.COM

but anyway look into finding cool people you like to run with make friends with players but always use caution on players because they like to befriend you than scam you for all you got. so just be careful out there. psu can be a cruel place sometimes.

mvffin
May 12, 2009, 06:02 PM
Don't play in universe 1 or 2. Seriously.

I've been playing on uni 7 for the longest, usually with a semi-dedicated group. Sometimes there's too many of us, and we split into multiple parties.

Lsbd
May 12, 2009, 06:38 PM
Ahh...I might be a kid, Yes, I am, But i also, don't like screaming kids.
I blacklist right as they start playing music/screaming.
Let me know if you want to do runs,though.

Meta77
May 12, 2009, 07:05 PM
be careful a lot of people clam to be nice but will boot you the first chance they get. Take for instance yesterday me and another party member were running a PF our party had got. In the last room we got booted. Sucks for him cause as soon as we landed in the lobby there was a party sitting there and they invited us to run PF again. and at the end of the run we got it again. So 2x pf for the cost of 1 booted=epic for us.

Dymalos
May 12, 2009, 07:13 PM
The key is to not rely too much on joining other groups. If you're leading then you control who you play with; plus if you set a positive example people will recognize your fairness and levelheadedness resulting in some partner cards, that hopefully correspond to well adjusted friendly individuals (or not).

GT: Unknown Alias
Add me at your leisure, I'd be glad to do runs with either of you.
My toon is Exzeph F Beast 150 GT 20 / AT 20 / AF 11.

Volcompat321
May 12, 2009, 07:51 PM
Your and your BF both play, why not play with eachother? Sadly on the 360 (yes I've played it) It really is just a bunch of people you described. The 3 weeks I did play, I found like 3 nice people that played a lot less than I. Your not too far in the game, If you have 2 pc's or a ps2 or any combination, I suggest getting PSU for pc/ps2. I play very often, and am very dedicated to running with nice people that dont type like a bunch of tards, or complain about stupid shyt. I aim to make actual friends. I have in fact found a few people like that, and text and talk to them all the time. Pc/ps2 is the best way to go for more personal friendships, and just right out good people. NOW, don't let me give you the idea we don't have out assholes, CAUSE WE DO. BUT there are so many more nice people to cancell out the 1-2 tard assholes we have.

Dymalos
May 12, 2009, 08:15 PM
Your and your BF both play, why not play with eachother? Sadly on the 360 (yes I've played it) It really is just a bunch of people you described. The 3 weeks I did play, I found like 3 nice people that played a lot less than I. Your not too far in the game, If you have 2 pc's or a ps2 or any combination, I suggest getting PSU for pc/ps2. I play very often, and am very dedicated to running with nice people that dont type like a bunch of tards, or complain about stupid shyt. I aim to make actual friends. I have in fact found a few people like that, and text and talk to them all the time. Pc/ps2 is the best way to go for more personal friendships, and just right out good people. NOW, don't let me give you the idea we don't have out assholes, CAUSE WE DO. BUT there are so many more nice people to cancell out the 1-2 tard assholes we have.

The first post made it seem as though they share a single PSU account and possibly only 1 Xbox 360, so two boxing between themselves may not be a good solution. Also I understand that people really enjoy ragging on the 360, but seriously, the number of assholes is in proportion to the larger number of players on the system. I've found more than a few "nice" people, so please don't make it seem like those of us who are on 360 are enduring the unending torture of the infinite devils in the Nine Circles of Hell.

Volcompat321
May 12, 2009, 08:19 PM
The first post made it seem as though they share a single PSU account and possibly only 1 Xbox 360, so two boxing between themselves may not be a good solution. Also I understand that people really enjoy ragging on the 360, but seriously, the number of assholes is in proportion to the larger number of players on the system. I've found more than a few "nice" people, so please don't make it seem like those of us who are on 360 are enduring the unending torture of the infinite devils in the Nine Circles of Hell.

Well like I said, we on the pc/ps2 side have our assholes. And I'm speaking from experience, unlike most of the people that talk the 360 down. For the time it seems you played, I'm sure you have found more than a few. I played for 3 weeks or so, and only found 3. Literally 3. And they didn't play enough for my satisfaction. I'm sure people have no hard time playing with nice people, seeing how they still play. Unless they solo every mission themselves, and that's not very likely. So please re-read my post, cause I wasn't making it seem like they are hellish people on the 360 side.

Dymalos
May 12, 2009, 08:31 PM
Yeah, sorry. I should have been clearer, the last sentence wasn't addressed to you in particular.

Volcompat321
May 12, 2009, 08:34 PM
Well, I just hate to see the 360 players be ragged on, and the pc/ps2 players be blamed. There are decent people, and asshole's on both servers. But like I said, for a more personal set of friends I suggest quitting 360 and playing pc/ps2.

Dragwind
May 12, 2009, 08:41 PM
Trial and error. You'll always come across both good and bad players eventually.

ThaiSoup
May 12, 2009, 08:47 PM
Blacklist the bad kids.

Ethateral
May 12, 2009, 09:21 PM
If you ever want to run, contact my gamertag. =) My boyfriend and I particularly run together. We have our own group, but don't hesitate to contact my GT. I agree that there are many whiny kids on the 360. I haven't played PC/PS2 personally, but no matter where or what online game you play, there will always be assholes, whiny brats, etc on them. I've run into quite a few mature and intelligent players over time on the 360. I keep their cards on my 2's. <3

GT: Ethateral

I typically run on my newman main or my CAST female. =3 Contact me if you feel like it~.

WhiteKnight01
May 12, 2009, 10:17 PM
i just host my own games mostly or run with friends, just dont run with people who are just after rares it just gets dull when they have the personality of a flipflop and go mental over a so callled junk rare pickup.

Genoa
May 12, 2009, 10:46 PM
The secret is playing on PC
or with friends only...

Volcompat321
May 12, 2009, 10:49 PM
Special K I want your card. I saw you in game but didn't have too much time to say what up. Anyway, Let's meet up sometime and exchange cards?

Pwincess
May 12, 2009, 10:55 PM
I was an x-box live beta tester. I've been around the block and back looking for good players. >_< Once you find them you might just want to stick with them... hopefully THEY'LL have friends like themselves..and ect ect. I ususally play with my friends, and their friends. It's too risky playing with strangers!!
Add my gamertag if you'd like to play :D

GeekRuler
May 12, 2009, 11:59 PM
I personally find people that don't talk at all, weird luck I guess. But most people that do talk end up being hilariously elitist, and freak out about rares and such. I personally ramble off memes in the middle of people's typed conversations and talk about why my character isn't uber leet sauce after almost three years of playing. :D

Randoms are the only reason I still play this game, I never found a group I normally stick with, it works well for me :D

ashley50
May 13, 2009, 12:55 AM
same procedure on how you find friends RL

PhdChristmas
May 13, 2009, 01:43 AM

Neko~

You know i seem to attract all these cruddy FM's with 0% armor, A and even B rank units, and they use gravity break ALL the time while not using proper element. Masterforces with 35/36 of their techs in the 11's their only 50 spell being nosdiga. Gunmasters that only use twin handguns with under 31 bullets.

Even with the comment saying "weaklings will be kicked whenever i see fit"

WHlTEKNIGHT
May 13, 2009, 03:19 AM

Neko~
No the 360 is not full of brats. Lol at quality when one of your players was hacked you all thought it was funny (lady kuju or something like that) I havnt even run into a "brat" for a long time.

_Vyser_
May 13, 2009, 03:33 AM
I try to keep in touch with as many nice people as I can. From there, I keep track of who is on the most, or who I generally like best. A lot of my good friends actually come from me meeting my friend's friends.

Like people have said, just keep note of the people you like and try to do stuff with them often (but not in an annoying/creepy stalker-like way). Had to go through a lot of trial and error in the first few months of PSU on PC/PS2, so I know how annoying it can be to sort through the jerks.

Volcompat321
May 13, 2009, 10:42 AM
No the 360 is not full of brats. Lol at quality when one of your players was hacked you all thought it was funny (lady kuju or something like that) I havnt even run into a "brat" for a long time.

I personally did not laugh or even was in any way amused when she got hacked. With most people that did, it was most likely that they were jealous. The dude/lady had over 1000 catilium, and they either had to pay, or not get any. They were lazy and didn't want to hunt. Anyway, the 360 isn't FULL of brats, since not everyone anywhere is really all assholes...When you play for a long time you tend to not see brats or any other name, because you set up a boudry, with all your friends and don't lets the bad ones in. I even do it on the p/cps2 side.

Calsetes
May 13, 2009, 10:51 AM
I'd say the only difference between the PC and 360 servers is the sheer numbers of people. Anyone who was anywhere near the PC servers' Universe 02 Guardians Headquarters on the colony can confirm that there are pretty immature people there, too.

I found the best way to avoid all that is by either joining parties and hoping for the best, or making your own parties and befriending people like that. Usually a comment like "Will restart - can't stand the friggin' 5-year-olds" gets some nice mature people in your party. Another way is to try to find someone who needs help and help them out if you can. Aside from that, I can only wish you the best of luck. I'd say I'd give you my card, but I play on the PC servers, sorry.

Edit: Just read the thing above me. All I have to say is no matter who that kind of thing happens to, no matter if you like them or not (which the one time I played with him / her / it, they gave me no reason for scorn) that kind of stuff should never be called for. It's like I said though, a lot of the PC people are also just as immature. If... say, 20% of the PC population was immature, and 20% of the 360 population was immature, then it's still the same ratio, so it's still the same chance of running into a jerk. Saying that the PC server has less of them doesn't really mean a whole lot, since it's a given fact that the PC server has less people on it. Now, saying that the PC servers have a smaller ratio, or that a smaller percentage of the PC people are jerks, that could be a valid argument. However, I'd be surprised if the ratio was different from the PC servers to the 360 servers, since I've seen a good bit of immature "look at me, I can bypass the chat filter and do naughty things" stuff in the lobbies on the PC servers.

Sorry for the pseudo-rant.

ashley50
May 13, 2009, 10:53 AM
this is turning into a PC/PS2 vs 360 again :l

pinkace
May 13, 2009, 11:02 AM
same procedure on how you find friends RL

Common sense +1 for you.

milka
May 13, 2009, 11:27 AM
find a party with 3 GMs

Calsetes
May 13, 2009, 12:14 PM
this is turning into a PC/PS2 vs 360 again :l

I hope not. They're the same thing. It's like comparing the UN (360 servers) to the World Showcase at Epcot (PC servers). Aside from how many are there, it's the same crap, same jerks, and same drama.

_garnet
May 13, 2009, 02:11 PM
Wow, thanks for all the responses!

A few things. Yes, I'm pretty aware of the procedure for making friends. However, most of the people I meet IRL aren't screaming, trying to sell me something, Internet Special Ed Class of 2009, or ten years old :)

We have a 360. I don't think my computer's up to the challenge, our PS2 is elderly and on its last legs, and I don't fancy paying another subscription fee, so hopefully there ARE a few diamonds in the rough on the 360 servers. Making my own party (with my "conditions" in the comment) has definitely been successful in the past, so I'll probably just stick with that.

The dude who IMed me last night: I wanted to party up, but I discovered we were out of AA batteries before I saw you online >_> Sorry, I hope we can meet up soon! Anyone else who wants to see if we're tolerable party members, please add gamertag DaviKaze or IM me at battlexmaiden.

Anyways, thanks everyone! Keep your ideas coming please!

_garnet

Cooljames2186
May 13, 2009, 02:33 PM
My take on this subject...please click the left(right cant rem...lol) analog down a few times...as long as the numbers are between 1-50,000 you are probably playing with a veteran...no offense to the people after...but if i see you jump crazy over koltova gras...im going into instant PC with friends...and P.S. vesta/vulcaline is not a rare...lol

Calsetes
May 13, 2009, 02:37 PM
Eh, I've been playing since launch and I still pick vesta's and vulca's up when I'm alone or with friends, since it's just stuff to sell further down the road, anyway. Then again, I've seen extremely new players (like, we're talking the one week to one month age) have more money than me. So go figure.

I still pick up any and all "S-rank" mats unless people tell me to stop.

OldCoot
May 13, 2009, 03:07 PM
In my time in the game the younger players who I have done runs with ask questions and are trying.

A few days ago a youing man joined our party. He played his character well and took part in the fight as any good player would. He finally had to leave because his mother called him away,.

Another young man was going out of his way to tell me about the game and try to help me do better. (He didn't know I was on my 4th character). Since it was very late he finally fell asleep in a run and I completed the run myself.

I have seen and heard "adults" who go nuts because you picked up a Kerseline. Not a tough choice for me to know who I would rather do runs with.

necman
May 13, 2009, 03:11 PM

Neko~

lololololololololol. Sorry could not resist. I have never been kicked from pc server ever since I started playing till today(twice). The first time was just before boss in a c run. The leader booted everyone and passed the game right at boss gate. It happened to be again in a b run right after(same run same spot). Even two different people. What is in a b or c run that one would boot for?Luckily my account expires in 3 days and I'm moving on to bigger and better things. The people in this game just suck and there is not many left that don't.

Calsetes
May 13, 2009, 03:32 PM
Wow.

I honestly don't get why people boot without first trying to be courteous. I make it known if I want something, and hope I get it, but even then I don't boot people over it. I ask, or ask if I can get the next one that drops if they get it or whatever, and hope they say yes. I think I booted one, maybe two people the entire duration I've played (since day one), and I feel they were both justified. One was harassing everyone else in the party, since they obviously didn't know how to play the game at all and were apparently too shy to ask this arrogant guy how to properly play, and the other was someone who entered the party at the start, and then never moved, even when we got to the boss. I booted him before we entered the boss, after asking for a response and waiting two or three minutes for a reply.

Also, age has nothing to do with maturity. I've played several games where some of the coolest, most mature players were kids. I actually had one who was a guild leader ask me if I was upset or anything when I was quiet one night when playing. I asked why, and he just replied "because I'm only fourteen and you're twenty-one, and I'm the guild leader." I told him age doesn't mean squat in a game, and told him I honestly thought he would have been closer to the 18-21 range. Other times, I've played with people my age or older who act extremely immature, even going so far as to call other people names and just act like a complete fool. So trust me, I know actual physical age has nothing to do with it, it's their maturity level.

Anyway, that's just my thoughts.

Cooljames2186
May 13, 2009, 04:06 PM
I guess its not bad to pick up what you like...but its definitely not good to do it at your liesure of messing up Set in Order. This is occuring entirely too much often in games lately...also being fooled to run Give finders...some of us are blonde at times...no offense to those yellow- haired girls out there...lol

pinkace
May 13, 2009, 04:21 PM
Yes, I'm pretty aware of the procedure for making friends. However, most of the people I meet IRL aren't screaming, trying to sell me something, Internet Special Ed Class of 2009, or ten years old :)

That is not what I meant. What I meant was that just like in real life, it is a trial and error procedure. So you play with an asswipe... you blacklist this person and leave the party. You play with a nice guy, you exchange cards and play with said person some more.

It is not a science, it's pretty damn simple.

Me, some days I like meeting new people so I risk meeting more turdchompers than most people, and that is fine. Other days I just log in, check my cards, and enjoy the pleasant feeling that comes when you see that the dude that gave you three scape dolls after your 4th death the other day is online and not in a party :)

Also helpful: when someone gives you a card, write a note on it to remind you of any details.

Overlord Zenon
May 13, 2009, 04:24 PM
choose wisely...

bupjo
May 13, 2009, 04:29 PM
"So far we've dealt with screaming eight year olds, booters, people who are constantly AFK, people who flip out about drops, and people who are pretty much just downright rude and stupid. It's not like we're new to online gaming or THE INTERNETS so it's not surprising, but it IS getting pretty old."

yep this is why my wife and myself solo due to rude ass people on 360. but posting this question might actually help you find a decent party...maybe! the wife and i have been playing this game since it came out in 2006 and the community was ok until the time i encountered some racist pricks spamming racial slurs in lobbies and even people i've done runs with. and my wife had all sorts of sexist comments made to her. and since i have been playing for so long, i've seen the community go from being ok to being all the things you say in your post. its always possible to find a decent party, but it's slim pickin's out there...at least on 360.

Ruru
May 14, 2009, 01:00 AM
Hello, everyone. I'm _garnet, and I'm relatively new to PSU.

My boyfriend and I both play pretty heavily (we use the XBL gamertag DaviKaze, I'm Garnet and he's DaviKaze in-game). He's lv 116, lv 20 Fighgunner and I'm lv 77, lv 12 Acrotecher (yes, I'm lazy). We're also reasonable, intelligent adults. So far we've dealt with screaming eight year olds, booters, people who are constantly AFK, people who flip out about drops, and people who are pretty much just downright rude and stupid. It's not like we're new to online gaming or THE INTERNETS so it's not surprising, but it IS getting pretty old.

My question is this. Is there some secret to finding people to party with for a few runs that won't make us want to shoot ourselves in the head? Are there any active groups we could join to find nice, competent, and easygoing party members? We'd love to make some new friends and enjoy the game more, but uh, yeah, help us out here >_>

Thanks! You can contact me on AIM at battlexmaiden if you want to party up!

_garnet

best thing you can do is just make friends on these boards and party with them. most of the immature brats you find in game usually arent smart enough to find these forums, and if they did you could tell their maturity level by the content of their posts.

tjanuranus
May 16, 2009, 01:10 AM
boot anyone who is picking up trash immediately because they don't know how to play so it will save you headaches. that's rule number 1! also try to party up with different types of players. Pro transers and techers are VERY helpful to have in your party.

Zarode
May 16, 2009, 03:30 AM
boot anyone who is picking up trash immediately because they don't know how to play so it will save you headaches. that's rule number 1! also try to party up with different types of players. Pro transers and techers are VERY helpful to have in your party.

How ironic...

Volcompat321
May 16, 2009, 03:48 AM

Listen to this guy, he knows what he's doing............................Oh wait, no he doesn't....

Pink Bat Maxine
May 16, 2009, 09:24 AM
Now now, it's helpful when they identify themselves.

At any rate, look for Salu Digby in game, on the XBox side.

darkante
May 16, 2009, 09:36 AM
Listen to this guy, he knows what he's doing............................Oh wait, no he doesn't....

Agrees, picking up "thrash" hardly answer the person´s personal skills in the game.

グレッグ
May 16, 2009, 10:21 AM
Actually, I've come across my fair share of nice people on the 360. Never really ran into any of the people described, maybe I'm just lucky.

However, I did a few days ago get a young one in my team, he seemed ok until the ends drops. I got a dulk fakis core, and he wanted it. I'm not too sure why he wanted it, but he did. I never really thought that where that rare, as I've got a few already. However, when it came to asking me for it, instead of "can I have that please?" it was more, "give it to me, right, now" and for that reason alone, I kept it.

Pink Bat Maxine
May 16, 2009, 10:32 AM
In online gaming, there'll always be a contempt for the 'lightweights', the non-'hardcore'.... those who arent Really And Truly Serious Gamers And I Mean It.

I work a physically and emotionally demanding job. I spend three hours in commute..... 1.5 in either direction. I get up at 5:00AM and am constantly on the go until 6:00. When I get home, sometimes I just wanna pull on my pixie boots and jester hat, and call down the lightning on some fools. But what I don't want to do, and haven't the time nor inclination to do, is to take the game SERIOUSLY. Games should be for fun, period. If we're playing, and you see some hint that might help me do better.... tell me, it's cool. Shouting racist, antisemitic, homophobic slurs, or just booting me because I PICKED UP YET ANOTHER Wenciline? You can go eff that ess.

I am not a 'Serious Gamer' I game to have fun. Alas, that mostly keeps me away from online games.

Geonizer/Iceman
May 16, 2009, 10:55 AM
If you really want to avoid spammers, screamers, and bad(greedy) players, find some people that once you've party'd up with will move to a different universe. My brother and I never play in universes 1 or 2, unless a friend is already there. Even then we lock the party until we find some players that don't mind junk pickers. I've met many cool people that way. They don't run so much anymore, but my brother and I are online most nights.

pinkace
May 16, 2009, 11:24 AM
In online gaming, there'll always be a contempt for the 'lightweights', the non-'hardcore'.... those who arent Really And Truly Serious Gamers And I Mean It.

I work a physically and emotionally demanding job. I spend three hours in commute..... 1.5 in either direction. I get up at 5:00AM and am constantly on the go until 6:00. When I get home, sometimes I just wanna pull on my pixie boots and jester hat, and call down the lightning on some fools. But what I don't want to do, and haven't the time nor inclination to do, is to take the game SERIOUSLY. Games should be for fun, period. If we're playing, and you see some hint that might help me do better.... tell me, it's cool. Shouting racist, antisemitic, homophobic slurs, or just booting me because I PICKED UP YET ANOTHER Wenciline? You can go eff that ess.

I am not a 'Serious Gamer' I game to have fun. Alas, that mostly keeps me away from online games.

RPG are the most serious kind of videogame you can play. there are decisions to be made and consequences to those decisions.

What you call hardcore gamers I call 'hobbyists'. There are plenty of games that as a hobbyist I play to disconnect, but none are RPGs. The online factor is of no real consequence.

And I have news for you: playing and RPG kinda makes you hardcore too :)

I was in a game with someone who warned everyone not to pick up trash. I told the guy to just drop the stuff at the end of the run, no harm no foul, and those who need the stuff can still get it. He agreed, then booted me at the end of the run :p

I had to admire his sneakiness. I then pinged his location and sent ninjas to his home :#

Pink Bat Maxine
May 16, 2009, 12:21 PM
RPG are the most serious kind of videogame you can play. there are decisions to be made and consequences to those decisions.

What you call hardcore gamers I call 'hobbyists'. There are plenty of games that as a hobbyist I play to disconnect, but none are RPGs. The online factor is of no real consequence.

And I have news for you: playing and RPG kinda makes you hardcore too :)

I was in a game with someone who warned everyone not to pick up trash. I told the guy to just drop the stuff at the end of the run, no harm no foul, and those who need the stuff can still get it. He agreed, then booted me at the end of the run :p

I had to admire his sneakiness. I then pinged his location and sent ninjas to his home :#

I'm wary of this association between 'hardcore' and 'hobbiest' that you make. Clearly, in any hobby or pasttime, there are those who care casual, and those who take thier enthusiasms to greater levels, be it competition, financial involvement, etc. For example, there are those who enjoy a nice game of chess with a pal over tea, and there are those who go to tournaments, who study classic games, who are ranked against other players in the world. There are those who collect pretty stamps that come there way, then there are those who are constantly involved in auction, driven to collect that one rare misprint from Surinam in 1943. In the videogame world, movies like The King Of Kong show us the extreme levels of competition in the hobby.... whereas there are also those who plunk a quarter in the machine at the bar when they're out fort a beer or two with pals. So to equate 'hobbiest' with 'hardcore' seems to place all those who partake of a hobby on the same level of involvement and commitment of resources, which is clearly not the case.

And as far as RPGs go, I'd argue PSU is pretty light in terms of consequence. Sure, it's there, but character customization is nowhere near the levels in games such as, say, WoW, Final Fantasy X, Fallout, KOTOR, or what have you. Which is perfectly fine, and doesn't make it LESS good a game, just different. And once again, there are clearly those whose involvement entails greater commitment of resources.... time, planning, what have you.... then others who just like to pick up and play now and then. And neither type of player is, per se, a better 'gamer' than another. It's all a matter of the degree to which you commit yourself to the game.

As for me, I have myself spread thin as far as commitments in my life go, so I'm contest to be of the more casual stripe.

It's just a shame that casual gamers tend to not be as respected in the game as other stripes of gamer.

Aries2384
May 16, 2009, 03:20 PM
I'm wary of this association between 'hardcore' and 'hobbiest' that you make. Clearly, in any hobby or pasttime, there are those who care casual, and those who take thier enthusiasms to greater levels, be it competition, financial involvement, etc. For example, there are those who enjoy a nice game of chess with a pal over tea, and there are those who go to tournaments, who study classic games, who are ranked against other players in the world. There are those who collect pretty stamps that come there way, then there are those who are constantly involved in auction, driven to collect that one rare misprint from Surinam in 1943. In the videogame world, movies like The King Of Kong show us the extreme levels of competition in the hobby.... whereas there are also those who plunk a quarter in the machine at the bar when they're out fort a beer or two with pals. So to equate 'hobbiest' with 'hardcore' seems to place all those who partake of a hobby on the same level of involvement and commitment of resources, which is clearly not the case.

And as far as RPGs go, I'd argue PSU is pretty light in terms of consequence. Sure, it's there, but character customization is nowhere near the levels in games such as, say, WoW, Final Fantasy X, Fallout, KOTOR, or what have you. Which is perfectly fine, and doesn't make it LESS good a game, just different. And once again, there are clearly those whose involvement entails greater commitment of resources.... time, planning, what have you.... then others who just like to pick up and play now and then. And neither type of player is, per se, a better 'gamer' than another. It's all a matter of the degree to which you commit yourself to the game.

As for me, I have myself spread thin as far as commitments in my life go, so I'm contest to be of the more casual stripe.

It's just a shame that casual gamers tend to not be as respected in the game as other stripes of gamer.

The only time I EVER have a problem with newer or casual players, is when they start whining about how "hard" everything is and how its hard to make meseta etc etc. Thats when I start getting irritated. "How do you have so much meseta? .. Uh.. I play the game.. its not that hard.."

The begging out in the lobbies etc etc. People treat this game like it is hardcore or incredibly time consuming. The truth is..anyone can casually play this game and have palletes of 50%, max pa's, 5 stacks of meseta and what-the-hell-ever pleases you. You just have to not sit on your ass and be willing to put "alittle work" into this game.

And people whining about how its unfair because ST chose to run the event during exams or w/e is bullshit. Thats LIFE. You might as well get over it now.
At any rate.. specifically on topic.. Just keep running with randoms.. eventually you'll find a group or make up a group of people who you do trust and who are mature. Good times to be had by all.

pinkace
May 16, 2009, 04:05 PM
I'm wary of this association between 'hardcore' and 'hobbiest' that you make. Clearly, in any hobby or pasttime, there are those who care casual, and those who take thier enthusiasms to greater levels, be it competition, financial involvement, etc. For example, there are those who enjoy a nice game of chess with a pal over tea, and there are those who go to tournaments, who study classic games, who are ranked against other players in the world. There are those who collect pretty stamps that come there way, then there are those who are constantly involved in auction, driven to collect that one rare misprint from Surinam in 1943. In the videogame world, movies like The King Of Kong show us the extreme levels of competition in the hobby.... whereas there are also those who plunk a quarter in the machine at the bar when they're out fort a beer or two with pals. So to equate 'hobbiest' with 'hardcore' seems to place all those who partake of a hobby on the same level of involvement and commitment of resources, which is clearly not the case..

I left out part of my post. There are many gamers who simply seek entertainment. These I do not consider Hobbyists, just simply people who want to kick back and enjoy. And again, you seem more hardcore, more of a hobbyist, just by posting on a game board.

You have to consider that more than 70% of the videogame market consists of people looking for entertainment. The rest of us buy several games, monitor release dates, and fight/agree/insult each other on game boards :p

So welcome to the hardcore club. Whether you want to join or not ;)

The only time I EVER have a problem with newer or casual players, is when they start whining about how "hard" everything is and how its hard to make meseta etc etc. Thats when I start getting irritated. "How do you have so much meseta? .. Uh.. I play the game.. its not that hard.."

I object to that. I play the game and I do not have stacks. I play loop after loop of missions and it takes me a week to amass one million. A loop takes about 45 minutes, on average. So I would have to play 3 hours a day to put a couple of million. That to me is not called 'playing the game', it is called playing the game to the extreme. I don't have 3 straight hours in a day to play. That is unhealthy.

People treat this game like it is hardcore or incredibly time consuming. The truth is..anyone can casually play this game and have palletes of 50%, max pa's, 5 stacks of meseta and what-the-hell-ever pleases you. You just have to not sit on your ass and be willing to put "alittle work" into this game.

I object to this as well >_< I don't hang out in lobbies trying to find ways to cheat the text censor system! I play and I do not have maxed out PA's. Quit comparing your habits to the general public. I can't sit and play games for 3 hours a day, every day, anymore, nor do I want to. It is not good for you.

グレッグ
May 16, 2009, 05:11 PM
I left out part of my post. There are many gamers who simply seek entertainment. These I do not consider Hobbyists, just simply people who want to kick back and enjoy. And again, you seem more hardcore, more of a hobbyist, just by posting on a game board.

So welcome to the hardcore club. Whether you want to join or not ;)

No offence, however I am going to agree with Maxine. Calling someone a hobbyist is such a general term. Speaking from experience. I played Halo 3, "hardcore" as most people would say. I played about 8-10 hours a day so that I could compete at tournaments and compete for cash prizes. It was a hobby.

I play PSU, I go on for maybe an hour or two, have a bit of fun meet people then go off again. I also call this a hobby. Both are on two different levels of how much I played them, however Video games in general are a hobby to me.

pinkace
May 16, 2009, 06:01 PM
I don't think someone who bought a Wii and only plays Wii Sports is a gamer. I also don't think someone who chats about a particular game on boards is just a gamer. I call it a hobby because it is more than a passtime, more than just entertainment. At least to me.

Calsetes
May 16, 2009, 06:36 PM
Well, as long as we're defining the different levels of "gamer," here's how I see it:

Casual - They don't play games often, enjoy them when they do play, etc.

Hobbyist - They have a game system or two, a few games, play a bit more than the casual gamer (like 4 or more hours a week).

Hardcore - They have lots of systems (if not all), lots of games, play a lot per week (like, 20 or 25+ hours a week).

Professional - If you actually get paid to play games, this is you. You're on one of those teams, you have sponsors, every three weeks you're in some competition or another for a jackpot of a few hundred-thousand, etc.

In this sense, I'd be technically a hardcore gamer (since I have all the systems, played games since I was about 3, and am either working, sleeping, eating, or playing a game) but play this specific game casually (since I fluctuate between 20 or 30 hours a week on here, then go through times where I play maybe 5 hours in a week).

(This is in no way, shape, or form trying to offend anyone or degrade anyone, just saying how I see it.)

TokenTrevor
May 16, 2009, 06:40 PM
Um... Well I have a fun little group of friends. We are intelligent all have mics and are very fair with drops and whatnot

my Gamertag is Token Trevor My character is also TokenTrevor. I roll with Ceej Mantis and Reccoa. Both my RL friends. We wouldn't be opposed to making new friends

I am a lvl 106ish Human Protranser lvl 18
Ceej is a lvl 150 Cast Acrofighter lvl 20
Reccoa is a lvl 1...116? I think? lol Cast Acrotecher lvl 20.

My aim is SayainVejita (no comments please?) and we can talk! we play almost everyday too!

Vander Omega
May 16, 2009, 06:42 PM
To drag this thread back to its original topic, i met most of the people I run with randomly, though i can count them on one hand.

I agree that there are a lot of silly people who shout abuse and make a general fool of themselves and this is rather annoying.

If you want someone to run with im a mature person who plays the game properly and is always looking for new friends online.

XBLGT: Yun Yuuzhan X7

MadDogg
May 16, 2009, 08:18 PM
Man, its like every single month this same type of thread pops up, again and again. Person complains about running into morons on the 360 side, then the PC/PS2 users post about the horrible 360 community and try to get people to just drop everything and up and at'em to their side to increase their low server numbers, yet everytime I turn around there are stories about a guy hoarding all the materials and hacking into rooms and what have you on their side, thus proving that no matter where there are assholes on both sides of the fence, its some friggin' irony I tell you what. (I'm no so called console fanboy or whatever, loving a piece of hardware more than the other is stupid in my opinion, just calling this whole thing from my point of view).

In my opinion, this community just flat out sucks ass. It's divided by different platforms n' dumb ass fanboys, and its full of dumb asses that just run white beast into the ground because that is the only mission they are used to, just like how the community from the you know where servers run towards the future into the ground, the old-school chill mode pso community that just like to chill and run whatever mission is no more sadly, unless of course you already got some good friends to play with.

I'm just saying from one online rpg lover to the next, if you get sick of playing this game, I say try out sacred 2 fallen angel that just came out for the 360. On the 360 version, you and another player are able to play on the same console, and also can go online and play with other people on the same console. If you liked baldur's game/champions of norrath/return the arms etc., than this game should hold you for awhile, its free to play at that. I'm not sure how the community will end up, but so far the 30 or so randoms I played with were cool as hell, since this game is kind of under the radar it might stay that way for awhile.

As far as PSU goes, I usually create games with names like, "come on in and lvl =)", wording like that always usually bring in the cool people. Also, don't join games that say "No --- class", "No picking up --- or boot", or "lvls --- only", those games are usually ran by assholes, basically just try to use a little common sense lol.

pinkace
May 16, 2009, 09:01 PM
I remember a few months back before PSP came out, PSOworld had a poll: what were you looking forward to the most on PSP.

The majority of people voted 'New weapons/armor'.

This is the attitude that is behind everything you complained about. The assholes you speak of that spam WB do so to get money to buy rares. The people who only want to play with maxed out players do so because they want to finish the mission faster so that they may make more money per minute (the ever-important M.P.M. statistic) so they can go buy more stuff.

It stopped being about fun a long time ago for many people.

Me, I just want to not die so often. I hate spending 20k in scapes before a run and/or having to wait till someone revives me. I want to be the reviver for once :(

Pink Bat Maxine
May 17, 2009, 12:55 AM

You have to consider that more than 70% of the videogame market consists of people looking for entertainment. The rest of us buy several games, monitor release dates, and fight/agree/insult each other on game boards :p

So welcome to the hardcore club. Whether you want to join or not ;).

I dunno.... if you're not playing video games for entertainment, why then?

pinkace
May 17, 2009, 10:42 AM
I dunno.... if you're not playing video games for entertainment, why then?

4 teh rar3z :p

tjanuranus
May 17, 2009, 04:41 PM

ok please explain because i know exactly how to play. anyone who picks up trash is a nub and if you are a nub then you obviously don't know how to play. so...

Kairi_Li
May 17, 2009, 06:31 PM
ok please explain because i know exactly how to play. anyone who picks up trash is a nub and if you are a nub then you obviously don't know how to play. so...

First of all, there are many useless synth items in the game, meaning anyone who isn't experienced may be overwhelmed and have the urge to grab everything. And sometimes, what is trash to you may be useful to someone else, since exchange item missions can sometimes require low level items (Eg Note seeds for music disks).

A good way to solve this without being a Booting People Jerk is to set non-rare items to Give Finder before starting a mission. Takes you 3 seconds to do that.

And 2nd of all, if its really bothering you, the first thing you should do is ASK people to stop picking up low star items. Its called being polite.

People here are responding to you negatively because you are being a elitist jerk, who would rather boot someone off a party for not being able to play the game exactly your way, because he or she is new or ignorant. How hard is it to type this: "Hey guys, can you please don't pick up items that have low level of stars?"

There's a huge difference between someone who is new and doesn't know much about the game yet, and someone who acts like an idiot when playing. Stop grouping these people together, because its discriminating and rude.

People like you are the ones making the gameplay sore and unpleasant for new players. Get over yourselves, learn to communicate politely and be more friendly and understanding to all players.

tjanuranus
May 17, 2009, 06:58 PM
First of all, there are many useless synth items in the game, meaning anyone who isn't experienced may be overwhelmed and have the urge to grab everything. And sometimes, what is trash to you may be useful to someone else, since exchange item missions can sometimes require low level items (Eg Note seeds for music disks).

A good way to solve this without being a Booting People Jerk is to set non-rare items to Give Finder before starting a mission. Takes you 3 seconds to do that.

And 2nd of all, if its really bothering you, the first thing you should do is ASK people to stop picking up low star items. Its called being polite.

People here are responding to you negatively because you are being a elitist jerk, who would rather boot someone off a party for not being able to play the game exactly your way, because he or she is new or ignorant. How hard is it to type this: "Hey guys, can you please don't pick up items that have low level of stars?"

There's a huge difference between someone who is new and doesn't know much about the game yet, and someone who acts like an idiot when playing. Stop grouping these people together, because its discriminating and rude.

People like you are the ones making the gameplay sore and unpleasant for new players. Get over yourselves, learn to communicate politely and be more friendly and understanding to all players.

i know how to set non rares to give finder. give me a break. problem is some rares are trash and all they do is take a space in the inventory so when something actual good drops i get skipped because i am full (has happened before.) so the other thing i have done is constantly drop stuff during the run but that is really annoying to do so it's just best to boot idiots who pick up vestaline or any other worthless piece of trash in the game. if everyone would just do that maybe people would learn how to place this game properly and we wouldn't hace level 120 casts using sturm buster and BS like that. (saw that yesterday)

Calsetes
May 17, 2009, 07:06 PM
Yes, of course. Playing properly means being the exact same as everyone else. You're either a Fighmaster who spams Majarra and Jabroga the entire time, an Acrotecher healing and buffing everyone, or a Gunmaster using exclusively rifles and possibly shotguns. Oh, and if you're a cast, having Paradi and using it every opportunity you can.

I have to agree with the one guy further up, just because you see it as trash doesn't mean it is trash (unless it's literally an item named "trash," is one star, and says as its description "This item sells for one meseta and does nothing but takes up inventory room." Unstackable, of course.)

sikotic_demon
May 17, 2009, 07:08 PM
I know how you feel. That is why i tend to play in random universes with people i know. If you want a reasonable party member to join you just drop me a line my GT is Sikotic Demon. I have charecters at both of your levels.

The Overlord
May 17, 2009, 07:11 PM
1. Create your own parties.

2. Avoid the 4th floor and everyone there.

3. Most people who use there headsets aren't that intelligent but you'll find a few who are
when you have your own party.

4. Label your party name and comment that would be appealing to the kind of people
you would like to play with.

5. Try not to play Server 1 the entire day.

Kairi_Li
May 17, 2009, 07:14 PM
i know how to set non rares to give finder. give me a break. problem is some rares are trash and all they do is take a space in the inventory so when something actual good drops i get skipped because i am full (has happened before.) so the other thing i have done is constantly drop stuff during the run but that is really annoying to do so it's just best to boot idiots who pick up vestaline or any other worthless piece of trash in the game. if everyone would just do that maybe people would learn how to place this game properly and we wouldn't hace level 120 casts using sturm buster and BS like that. (saw that yesterday)

Again, you totally missed the point. No where in your post did you say " I DID tell them to stop picking up things like vestaline, but they didn't listen." Meaning, you decided to boot the the second you saw them do something you didn't like.

People don't learn things unless you tell them, by booting them all they have learned is that you're a jerk and no one will wanna party with you again. Seriously, you think you can teach people how to play by kicking them from your party? Did you even TELL them why you were booting them off your group or did you assume everyone can read your mind?

You just have no concept of communication between team members do you?

And maybe that Lvl 120 Sturmbuster CAST can't afford a Paradi, has that ever occur to you? Or maybe they don't know it exists! Not everyone is aware of PSO world's Item database! Its so easy to reach max level these days that someone can play for a whole month, max out, and never knew much about the high grade weapons or gear!

Bottom line, you're a elitist, anti-social moron who wants everyone to play your way or the highway. No one is gonna wanna play with ya, or be friends with you if your first instinct to every annoyance is to boot someone off. Is it too much to ask for you to TALK to these people, and ask them politely or inform them of things they may not know politely first?

And by the way, you also dunno how to type properly, which doesn't help your "I know better then you all do" mentality you have there.

The world needs more polite, smarter folk who can type a frigging sentance. But as I have learned from many experiences online and in real life, some people remain stupid and rude for the rest of their lives. (God, working retail can really make you misanthropic.)

Halcyote
May 17, 2009, 07:45 PM
What does it matter if he can't type correctly? Your argument is mostly solid other than pointing out that irrelevant fact.

The Overlord
May 17, 2009, 07:46 PM
I sent you a message on AIM, me and the people I play with all are basically over 20. And don't worry, we know and understand that PSU is just a game.

I guess peoples emotions are just a game.

The Overlord
May 17, 2009, 07:55 PM
I'm not sure what you mean by that, but it probably has something to do with the fact that you seem to argue with every person you meet (including myself). If you'd like to discuss this, feel free to send me a message or post on my profile. Let's not clutter up this topic with this nonsense :3
Yeah if you actually were there, but sure with someones certain "Nonsense" we'll take it there.

tjanuranus
May 17, 2009, 08:10 PM
ok so i made one typo and all of a sudden i am an idiot. meanwhile i am guessing that you are an english professor who just happens to work retail for fun? i would rather be raped in jail buy hairy mexicans than work retail. i would rather be dead. you are scum of the earth.

of course people learn by being booted. if you do something wrong and get punished for it you learn. in the party comments we always put no trash pickers but yet we still get them sometimes. and if you can't afford a Parati and you are a level 120 then you really don't deserve to play this game maybe you don't deserve to live.

Calsetes
May 17, 2009, 08:22 PM
ok so i made one typo and all of a sudden i am an idiot. meanwhile i am guessing that you are an english professor who just happens to work retail for fun? i would rather be raped in jail buy hairy mexicans than work retail. i would rather be dead. you are scum of the earth.

of course people learn by being booted. if you do something wrong and get punished for it you learn. in the party comments we always put no trash pickers but yet we still get them sometimes. and if you can't afford a Parati and you are a level 120 then you really don't deserve to play this game maybe you don't deserve to live.

Wow. I mean, quite literally, wow. So because you're poor in a game that has a grand total of... maybe 300 people playing (assuming you're on the PC servers), who are all rich and have that money circulating amongst themselves (but not to the poor or new players, we can't certainly bring that proletariat up to "our" level), you "don't deserve to play this game?" And further, you "don't deserve to live?"

I really hate to tell you, but people have played this thing since day one and aren't rich, and probably more than a few newcomers who aren't rich either. I can tell you right now that if paradis are what they were back during the last event that had tons of people leveling up insanely quick, then there's a good chance that they don't have the money to afford it.

But I'll play devil's advocate right now. Let me ask you, how do you play the game? Please enlighten all of us who are obviously so distraught over the lack of knowing how to play this one single online game that we are in the midst of considering performing hara-kiri, so that we may continue to find a reason to draw breath. I know I'm waiting with baited breath.

Edit: Typos happen, don't let them get to you over that. Rest of my thing still stands, though.

tjanuranus
May 17, 2009, 09:20 PM
Wow. I mean, quite literally, wow. So because you're poor in a game that has a grand total of... maybe 300 people playing (assuming you're on the PC servers), who are all rich and have that money circulating amongst themselves (but not to the poor or new players, we can't certainly bring that proletariat up to "our" level), you "don't deserve to play this game?" And further, you "don't deserve to live?"

I really hate to tell you, but people have played this thing since day one and aren't rich, and probably more than a few newcomers who aren't rich either. I can tell you right now that if paradis are what they were back during the last event that had tons of people leveling up insanely quick, then there's a good chance that they don't have the money to afford it.

But I'll play devil's advocate right now. Let me ask you, how do you play the game? Please enlighten all of us who are obviously so distraught over the lack of knowing how to play this one single online game that we are in the midst of considering performing hara-kiri, so that we may continue to find a reason to draw breath. I know I'm waiting with baited breath.

Edit: Typos happen, don't let them get to you over that. Rest of my thing still stands, though.

well i play on the 360. (not right now because AGAIN the servers are down.)

as far as how i play...

don't pick up trash. do the obvious things like use proper armor and weapons against enemies. when there is no event run howzer multiple times for polymer drops and of course V. resist. buy up all items that are being sold for cheap and charge the proper price for them. (great way to make money.)

Kairi_Li
May 17, 2009, 09:35 PM
well i play on the 360. (not right now because AGAIN the servers are down.)

as far as how i play...

don't pick up trash. do the obvious things like use proper armor and weapons against enemies. when there is no event run howzer multiple times for polymer drops and of course V. resist. buy up all items that are being sold for cheap and charge the proper price for them. (great way to make money.)

What you perceive to be obvious , can be unknown to other players.

For example, I think its an obvious thing that people should be polite to each other, but you have demonstrated that to certain people, this is NOT basic knowledge.

Your attitude of booting players to teach them a lesson is like a teacher who suspends you just because you were talking in class. Booting should be reserve for people who are cheating, hoarding items, and being a colossal rude jerk. Not new players who are trying to get a hand of things.

What the hell is wrong with teaching them by TELLING them, through, I dunno, WORDS?

Is being polite really that hard of a thing to do in this day and age? Telling people they don't deserve to live just cause they don't play the same as you do? Seriously, what kind of human being are you? Why are there so many who enjoy being arrogant and rude? Does it make them sleep better?

As for the typing thing, its my personal pet peeve, I know, but nothing bugs me more than jerks who go on and on about how awesome they are, and can't even type a little more properly on forum posts. If people can display a certain level of intelligence, manners and maturity, I usually don't care if they don't use proper caps or anything minor.

DanteDMC
May 17, 2009, 09:42 PM
Hey tjanuranus,
Doesn't necessarily matter if you're getting low-star items. Hey, it's free money to NPCs when you pick'em up. And like Li said, just set the non-rares to give finder and the problem is solved.

-Wahooooouuuuuuu!

pinkace
May 17, 2009, 09:58 PM
I am surprised that our usually smart members of the board are taking the time to respond to tjanuranus. Either he is very immature or he is just posting to spite you. Waste of time, he will grow out of it or get bored and leave.

tjanuranus
May 17, 2009, 10:00 PM
Hey tjanuranus,
Doesn't necessarily matter if you're getting low-star items. Hey, it's free money to NPCs when you pick'em up. And like Li said, just set the non-rares to give finder and the problem is solved.

-Wahooooouuuuuuu!

i explained why already. i generally keep a lot of weapons on me because i like using different weapons and i switch weapons depending on enemy. also i keep multiple armors and resists for different circumstances. I can't have people picking up garbage to mpc it for 500 meseta when they are just filling up my inventory and as soon as something good drops i am full. anyway, in the party name and or comment they are warned. shouldn't have to tell them during the run.

problem is not solved because a lot of rares are trash too. here is a list...

Merculine 11
Junaline 10
Vulcaline 9
Vestaline 8
Kerseline 7
Upteline 6
Marseline 5
Dianaline 4
Aporaline 3
Wenceline 2
Acenaline

these things fill up inventory and are dirty cheap to buy if you need them. therefore they are trash.

ashley50
May 17, 2009, 10:02 PM
is it hard to drop "garbage" out of your Inventory for some reason?

Halcyote
May 17, 2009, 10:04 PM
Just drop the damn items. Chances are your PAs are at a decent level and you're already capped so there's no need for you to actually tag enemies. So chill out a bit and take a few seconds to go into your menu and drop the items.

DanteDMC
May 17, 2009, 10:06 PM
i explained why already. i generally keep a lot of weapons on me because i like using different weapons and i switch weapons depending on enemy. also i keep multiple armors and resists for different circumstances. I can't have people picking up garbage to mpc it for 500 meseta when they are just filling up my inventory and as soon as something good drops i am full. anyway, in the party name and or comment they are warned. shouldn't have to tell them during the run.

Like I said prior, just switch your item configuration to give regular item to finder. Then yes, indeed, the problem shall be solved. This really shouldn't be something to complain about. I do understand that some items end up cluttering your inventory, but that's what the settings are for. If they're there for a reason, then it's best to use them. End of post. :-D

Deragonite
May 17, 2009, 10:07 PM
party wif me :3

Kairi_Li
May 17, 2009, 10:09 PM

problem is not solved because a lot of rares are trash too. here is a list...

Merculine 11
Junaline 10
Vulcaline 9
Vestaline 8
Kerseline 7
Upteline 6
Marseline 5
Dianaline 4
Aporaline 3
Wenceline 2
Acenaline

these things fill up inventory and are dirty cheap to buy if you need them. therefore they are trash.

Unfortunately, most people don't read party comments. But there are more polite ways to deal with the situation then booting.

Just tell them what items are considered useless. Its not that hard to talk to people. If communicating with people is such a waste of time, why are you playing online?

You simply wanna be rude for the sake of your own convience. You only wanna care about yourself and your inventory, and clearly you are not a positive figure to teach others how to play the game the "hardcore" way you claim to be. This is nothing more than a selfish rant on how everyone should immediately know everything about the game for YOUR sake, to save YOUR so called precious time.

tjanuranus
May 17, 2009, 10:11 PM
so instead of actually playing the game i have to drop stop through the entire run? no thanks better to boot trash pickers. sorry.

tjanuranus
May 17, 2009, 10:12 PM
Unfortunately, most people don't read party comments. But there are more polite ways to deal with the situation then booting.

Just tell them what items are considered useless. Its not that hard to talk to people. If communicating with people is such a waste of time, why are you playing online?

again i am supposed to explain to them every single item not to pick up? makes no sense. they should already know.

Halcyote
May 17, 2009, 10:13 PM
so instead of actually playing the game i have to drop stop through the entire run? no thanks better to boot trash pickers. sorry.
I think you're just looking for an excuse to boot people.

Seriously, if you hate it that much then just put a password on your game and solo.

Kairi_Li
May 17, 2009, 10:14 PM

Congrats, you are demonstrated that you are a selfish prick who only cares about his own enjoyment and convience.

Besides, Mr. I know the game better than you, ever heard of auto run+ follow + go to menu to quickly drop stuff? Its not that hard to drop stuff quickly from the menu if you have PLAYED LONG ENOUGH! This should be OBVIOUS to a Veteran like you!

ashley50
May 17, 2009, 10:14 PM
so...you're saying you can't drop items while on the move?
You have to stop to drop them?

DanteDMC
May 17, 2009, 10:16 PM

Alright, I kind of just read through everything and understand the situation. Well then, do what you'd like. If you want to boot players, then do what you'd like to do. Just letting you know, you'll probably be blacklisted by everyone you'd eventually run with, so good luck finding people to party with.

How's about this:
Let's end the posts here. No need to explain this anymore times than we already have. Let's find something else better to do. ^_^

C457 24N632
May 17, 2009, 10:21 PM
"Trash/Junk" rares... there's no such thing. Every single item can be sold to the NPC. Test your math skills here: Junaline sells to the NPC for 1,500 a piece, Merculine sells for 2,000 a piece. During this event with the crazy drop boost, you must leave at least one stack of each on the floor every single day. Now if you were to have picked up those "junk rares" and sold them straight to the NPC, that's 198,000 worth of Merculine and 148,500 worth of Junaline -- 346,500 per day. Over the span of a week that's 2,425,500 worth of Merculine and Junaline alone.

Armania, Rubinad, Junka-lines, bad weapons (33k each), A-grade Line Shields (104k each)... it all adds up at the end of the day. And that's aside from the things you find that are actually of value and can be sold on market. Seriously, if you're not making 1-2 million meseta a day right now simply running missions, then you're doing something wrong.

And hey, if it's inventory space that you're worried about then you need to learn how to streamline. If you're gonna be running one mission all day then you only need 6 weapons, 1 or 2 Line Shields, and a handfull of units. Don't carry anything you don't need, use that inventory space for picking up more stuff. "Junk rares"... what a joke.

tjanuranus
May 17, 2009, 10:23 PM
no i am not saying that at all. of course i can drop stuff on the move. but lets say i am in the heat of battle and some nub is picking up trash and it's going in my inventory. am i supposed to drop stuff while fighting? because as soon as an enemy drops a good idea you know it's getting picked up and if my inventory is full because of trash i get skipped. not just me but anyone who doesn't like trash. that HAS happened to me before.

I don't want to boot anyone. i like playing with people and having fun as long as they don't pick up trash or come in with no scape dolls. that's also an automatic boot.

I never claimed to be a veteran. In fact i have only been playing for two months but it seems i know more about this game than a lot of people on here. (not all of course.) But i know the basics.

Always have scape dolls.
Always bring the right elemental weapons and armor.
Always bring the proper resists.
Don't pick up trash.
Don't boot people before box boxes.
Mission points are the first things to level.
Buy items that are being undercut and sell them for a profit.

I have only been playing two months so really it's not that hard to figure out this stuff.

"Trash/Junk" rares... there's no such thing. Every single item can be sold to the NPC. Test your math skills here: Junaline sells to the NPC for 1,500 a piece, Merculine sells for 2,000 a piece. During this event with the crazy drop boost, you must leave at least one stack of each on the floor every single day. Now if you were to have picked up those "junk rares" and sold them straight to the NPC, that's 198,000 worth of Merculine and 148,500 worth of Junaline -- 346,500 per day. Over the span of a week that's 2,425,500 worth of Merculine and Junaline alone.

Armania, Rubinad, Junka-lines, bad weapons (33k each), A-grade Line Shields (104k each)... it all adds up at the end of the day. And that's aside from the things you find that are actually of value and can be sold on market. Seriously, if you're not making 1-2 million meseta a day right now simply running missions, then you're doing something wrong.

And hey, if it's inventory space that you're worried about then you need to learn how to streamline. If you're gonna be running one mission all day then you only need 6 weapons, 1 or 2 Line Shields, and a handfull of units. Don't carry anything you don't need, use that inventory space for picking up more stuff. "Junk rares"... what a joke.

of course 100k is not junk. but 1k yes. 1 or 2k is nothing.

DanteDMC
May 17, 2009, 10:27 PM
I think this is going around in circles and is getting us nowhere. You have the right to your own views on the situation and so do we. Shall we just leave it at that and move on?

Kairi_Li
May 17, 2009, 10:28 PM
...What happened to using a moon atomizer?

You drop stuff while RUNNING, not FIGHTING. Hence, AUTO RUN + Follow!

And some resists are hard to get and not everyone can afford it

God you know what? Forget it, its obvious you will continue to be an elitist prick. I just hope others will see for what you are and never party with you, cause you do not deserve it.

Go password your parties so you can get everything you want. God forbid if you can learn to work with others and compromise.

tjanuranus
May 17, 2009, 10:29 PM
i am not joking. some rares are junk. trash. worthless pieces of garbage!

Libram
May 17, 2009, 10:29 PM
My question is where are you running that you can pick up items from the lowly, 1* Acenaline up to multiple Merculines? From what I see you're running multiple difficulties with this, and to do that you're running multiple missions. That means you're sitting in the lobby for at least a second or two, and you can take a couple more seconds to swing by the shop lady and sell the junk you have.

You could also just leave the stuff on the floor at the start of a new mission. Someone obviously wanted those items, and if you leave it for them they may repay you sometime down the road. Karma.

tjanuranus
May 17, 2009, 10:30 PM
...What happened to using a moon atomizer?

You drop stuff while RUNNING, not FIGHTING. Hence, AUTO RUN + Follow!

And some resists are hard to get and not everyone can afford it

God you know what? Forget it, its obvious you will continue to be an elitist prick. I just hope others will see for what you are and never party with you, cause you do not deserve it.

Go password your parties so you can get everything you want. God forbid if you can learn to work with others and compromise.

did you not read my post?

also i play with people every day. I have a lot of friends i party with that ALL think the same way. plus even though i hate party with randos i will and sometimes i meet some good players.

tjanuranus
May 17, 2009, 10:31 PM
My question is where are you running that you can pick up items from the lowly, 1* Acenaline up to multiple Merculines? From what I see you're running multiple difficulties with this, and to do that you're running multiple missions. That means you're sitting in the lobby for at least a second or two, and you can take a couple more seconds to swing by the shop lady and sell the junk you have.

You could also just leave the stuff on the floor at the start of a new mission. Someone obviously wanted those items, and if you leave it for them they may repay you sometime down the road. Karma.

i just copied the lower stuff for example but i was really talking about rare trash.

ashley50
May 17, 2009, 10:34 PM
this is like listening to a broken record...

you keep saying trash this, trash that.

XbikXBd
May 17, 2009, 10:34 PM
well if you need someone to play with i have been helping new people like crazy and i need a new group to hang with so yah hit me on my gt XbikXBd kk

C457 24N632
May 17, 2009, 11:06 PM
I just don't understand the mentality of "it's not worth enough to pick up". I see older players do it too, mind you, but it's just a lack of... I dunno, it's like you don't yet understand the value of a dollar. As I just illustrated, 1k or 2k is of significance when it's multiplied by 99. You easily pass by a stack of this stuff every day as you sift through everything checking to see if it's a Relic Egde or not. Rather than wasting your time (slowing down your mission times) descerning whether or not it's "of value", just pick it all up and sell it to the NPC. Faster mission times, more Meseta in your pocket.

Honestly, "no junk please" tells me that the party leader is an idiot, not a rich guy.

tjanuranus
May 17, 2009, 11:22 PM
stupid because you can easily make more in a run but not picking them up. instead of filling your inventory with garbage you should fill it with something that has value. a stack of 1k is still worthless.

Ethateral
May 17, 2009, 11:25 PM
stupid because you can easily make more in a run but not picking them up. instead of filling your inventory with garbage you should fill it with something that has value. a stack of 1k is still worthless.

I remember when 1K was "da sheet" back in v.1. Having just that and a little bit more, meant you had some kind of money. Having even 100K at the time was good.

Halcyote
May 17, 2009, 11:25 PM
That's only if you're lucky enough to get a Guld on each run.

Are you that lucky, sir?

tjanuranus
May 17, 2009, 11:34 PM
doing S or S2 runs you can make a lot of money just in meseta drops alone. you don't need to pick up junk items. weapon and armor drops you can mpc for decent money but i find it's best to save inventory for real items. Polymers, diads, relic edges, etc...

tjanuranus
May 17, 2009, 11:34 PM
anyway, i really do enjoy playing with people. Just as long as they are not nubs that's all!

Ecchi
May 18, 2009, 12:53 AM
The secret to finding decent party membersssss.....I know! Run wif me =DDD

Criss
May 18, 2009, 12:55 AM
The secret to finding decent party membersssss.....I know! Run wif me =DDD
But you're either not on, afk, in a full party, or messing around in a lobby without running missions. ¬_¬

roardova lengths
May 18, 2009, 07:56 PM
Yes, of course. Playing properly means being the exact same as everyone else. You're either a Fighmaster who spams Majarra and Jabroga the entire time, an Acrotecher healing and buffing everyone, or a Gunmaster using exclusively rifles and possibly shotguns. Oh, and if you're a cast, having Paradi and using it every opportunity you can.

I have to agree with the one guy further up, just because you see it as trash doesn't mean it is trash (unless it's literally an item named "trash," is one star, and says as its description "This item sells for one meseta and does nothing but takes up inventory room." Unstackable, of course.)

I like Cal and for the record if you can't handle people picking up regular items. Then you need start playing amongst your likes and stop running around with open parties. I'm not afraid to black list any player I see in the game. And I should be known for that, cause I don't like a lot of this game's population for the way they behave on how the stores are ran, what can be picked up in missions, who considers what to be the best and the lame players that always call out noob for no apparent reason. But then again, I'm one of the favorite players, cause you can ask me to come and help you farm for something and will give that item up in a heart beat when it drops... OR during an event, we can play with give finder and you can get all of the trading items for that event. Cause I really don't give a f*** when it comes to that aspect. Just as long as I have a good conversationalist and no something like a member of these forums is positng like... XD