PDA

View Full Version : Phantasy Star Resources

ANIMEniac
May 13, 2009, 03:49 PM
this is a question i was thinking could bring up an interesting discussion. as of now there are different chunks of the Phantasy Star staff working on different projects. PSP, PSU, PSZero, and i think JP-PSOBB. i see PSU at their main target of sorts now but it is almost as if all the good people from the other projects are still floating around even after PSP and PSZ are done.

i guess what i am saying is that i know the original PSO staff are no more, but the current PSU staff cant be THAT unable to come up with fun things for us to to in PSU (even just a soccer lobby or a lobby with interactive items like a room).

well this may be a poorly put together rant, but there it is =/

side note: i find it funny that the Phantasy Star twitter has the PSOBB background still. its almost like that accept that PSO was a superior title.

jShazBot
May 13, 2009, 04:04 PM
I to wonder why everything is like this.
Though, I still hope that one day SEGA will just go all out on their next Phantasy Star game and it will be balls crazy.
What I think they need to do for their next major PS game, if there will even be one, is just completely hand all the rights to a completely new development team because believe it or not, though the guy who made Sonic and directed PSO and all that crap left Sega before PSU was made, alot of the original PSO developers actually helped out with PSU. So I guess they just lost their touch or something because PSU plays too much like a game that was big in 2000 but just doesn't appeal to this current generation gaming.
I think it would benefit the PS serries if a completely new developer created the next PS game. Adding a bunch of new features and changing up alot of PSU's current aspects without straying from what makes a PS game a PS game and still staying unique to Phantasy Stars style without cloning other popular MMO's.

Yeah...thats all I have. :/ My spelling kinda sucks to. lol