PDA

View Full Version : I'm sooo maad my dad didn't get me a car!!

DreXxiN
May 13, 2009, 07:56 PM
"It's my 16th birthday, and like, ohmigawsh...I found this like, $1000 dollar car, and my Dad didn't buy me it! I can't stand my parents! Ugghhh! like wow, everyone ELSE has a car!"

Shut your fucking mouth, you stupid, spoiled, piece of shit tramp. No one cares. I couldn't DREAM of getting a gift that expensive when I was growing up. Seriously, please go kill yourself.

That is all.

beatrixkiddo
May 13, 2009, 07:58 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90HhZ-pyC2Y

DreXxiN
May 13, 2009, 08:03 PM

..I'm going to shit myself.

Sayara
May 13, 2009, 08:11 PM
protip: Stop watching Mtv

Leviathan
May 13, 2009, 08:27 PM
I'm 16 and I have a Benz!*

Doesn't work, but with proper engine change change and new tires it will be up and running!

SStrikerR
May 13, 2009, 08:58 PM
protip: Never start watching MTV

Derp.

Nitro Vordex
May 13, 2009, 09:29 PM
Most used cars nowadays run from 3000 and up.

I'd say $1000 is pretty cheap. Though, how she actually got the money (from her parents who said lolno), is questionable.

Volcompat321
May 13, 2009, 11:25 PM
When I was 16 I walked to work. I saved up my monies for 2 years, bought a mustang, fixed it up. 1 year later after a total restore, engine included (check my myspace) Ran for a little while in Bithlo, Florida close to my home. Made some more money from winning races. Engine got destroyed. Worked for a while longer at the same place I'm at now. Bought a motorcycle, sold it, got a newer bigger one. WORKED MY ASS OFF PAYING FOR MY VEHICLES, while my parents paid for nothing. Can I act like this girl yet?
Jesus Christ, people are retarded. Spoiled little fucks like her makes me never want to be rich with kids. God damn....bitch.

Nitro Vordex
May 13, 2009, 11:39 PM
I'll gladly take that Lexus if she doesn't want it.

Leviathan
May 13, 2009, 11:49 PM
Yeah, if you look hard enough you can buy a Lexus for $1,000. Of course it may rival you in age, but friends do grow old together.

Volcompat321
May 13, 2009, 11:53 PM
Yeah, if you look hard enough you can buy a Lexus for $1,000. Of course it may rival you in age, but friends do grow old together.

hahaha Hey, I bought a truck for 100$ once. It was a Ford Ranger 1986...It was made before I was born. That thing was a beast! I love/miss it.

Leviathan
May 14, 2009, 12:22 AM
Some older cars are built way better than the current ones. Like the Mercedes I have has double inner-plating, and the new ones don't even have that.

Volcompat321
May 14, 2009, 12:32 AM
Or, like most Fords. The engine lasts as little as 5-10 years (most lifetime if taken care of) yet the body could last 30+.. (like my lil ford ranger) Thing was beautiful, I lifted it slightly, added bigger wheels, painted it. Made it look real nice... BMW also have awesome old cars. I have a friend that has an old BMW (87 maybe?) and it runs better than any car I've owned, and looks great after all these years.

Vanzazikon
May 14, 2009, 12:40 AM
I drive a Nissan Stanza 1987. :3 Old cars rule.

Volcompat321
May 14, 2009, 12:42 AM
Wow, that car lol... I know someone's mom that drives that thing. She has a decent amount of money, but wont let it go...Women and cars...ugh...(jk)

AlexCraig
May 14, 2009, 09:51 AM
Mine's a '96 Chevy Chavelier. Old, not fancy, and occasionally has problems, but it has survived and once I fix the current issue with it, it'll work again.

Cracka_J
May 14, 2009, 10:19 AM
lol my dad bought my first car for me as a birthday present.

It was a 1963 chevy II wagon for $200.
When I was done with the car and bought my next one, he turned it for $2000 to a car collector. I'd say making $1800 and getting me something to drive through high school wasn't a bad deal on his part :)

Sayara
May 14, 2009, 10:23 AM
Some older cars are built way better than the current ones. Like the Mercedes I have has double inner-plating, and the new ones don't even have that.

They're safer too. You can take a hit in an 80s style car than one of these newer models

CrimsomWolf
May 14, 2009, 12:54 PM
Ha,ha,ha a car to drive at 16? That's a good one...

Wait, what?

Seriously? I can't save up for 15-year old one from what I haveThen again, I don't have a job, and are not likely to get one while being an expat in country whose language I can't speak for !@%^, not mentioning even coming close to getting a driver's license.Or finding a parking slot, getting gas, repairs... Don't they have an age limit for entering driving examinations anyway? I'm pretty sure there's one in Europe...

Ketchup345
May 14, 2009, 01:37 PM
To the first post: After owning a $5,000 car, I'm not sure I'd trust a $1,000 car at all.

They're safer too. You can take a hit in an 80s style car than one of these newer modelsIt depends. On older cars, the car itself will have less damage than newer. Newer cars are designed to crumple in spots (crumple zones) to reduce the amount of force your body takes in a collision. So lower speeds where you will be uninjured: older cars will be better since they probably won't show damage. Higher speeds where you will feel it, newer is probably the way to go, assuming the car has a well designed (non-crumpling) passenger compartment; newer is also more likely to have some better safety features like airbags, etc.

Don't they have an age limit for entering driving examinations anyway? I'm pretty sure there's one in Europe...Most states are somewhere around age 16 to get some form of license. My state, to get the full license, (when I got it, now they use a much more graduated system), was 16 years, 4 months with a driver's ed course or 16.5 years without.

BMW also have awesome old cars. I have a friend that has an old BMW (87 maybe?) and it runs better than any car I've owned, and looks great after all these years.There is a race in the US every few months called the 24 Hours of LeMons, where the max value of the car (minus safety equipment), must be less than $500. One very popular entry is old BMWs, especially the E30 3 series (wiki is saying 1984-1993).

Neith
May 14, 2009, 01:45 PM
They're safer too. You can take a hit in an 80s style car than one of these newer models

If you want to survive a car crash, be in either a Saab or a Volvo. Those things are built like tanks. Just before I was born, my mum and dad were in a six-car pileup. The car at the time was a Saab 900; and the only damage our car took (despite being right in the middle of the accident) was scratched paintwork and dented bumpers (which were designed to 'pop' back to regular form anyway). All of the other cars were write-offs.

As for getting cars for birthdays...I'm 23, and I haven't had a car yet. To be honest, I don't see the point (for guys) because when you're young and male, car insurance is so expensive (more than the actual car cost in some situations). Complaining about not getting a car though? That's just spoilt. It's people like that who'll never have any respect for money, and will end up piled high in credit cards and debt.

I do plan on getting my 1st car when I'm in a job though. Really wouldn't mind getting a Honda Civic or if possible, a Mazda 6.

AC9breaker
May 15, 2009, 02:52 PM
I'm 16 and I have a Benz!*

Doesn't work, but with proper engine change change and new tires it will be up and running!

Don't forget the most import part...

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.theboombox.com/media/2009/01/rich-boy_011509_200.jpg

Kylie
May 15, 2009, 03:29 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90HhZ-pyC2Y...:lol: Ah, Super Sweet 16. Good times, good times.

I never got a car either. My folks could have afforded it, but they thought it'd be better to instill good values. :disapprove:

CupOfCoffee
May 15, 2009, 04:23 PM
My first car was a hilarious (I thought, anyway) '92 Geo Prizm. It was green and I got it... I think my senior year of high school. I didn't care that it sucked because it had a manual transmission, and I took that as a go-ahead to replace the stock shifter knob with a novelty magic 8-ball one. Best $400 I ever spent, that car. (Plus, it lasted for a couple of good years, which was pretty decent for being such a beater.)

furrypaws
May 15, 2009, 05:08 PM

...Anyone want to translate what she's even saying in the first part? >____>

What bothers me is it doesn't even wait until 16 anymore. I've seen 11 year old girls say that they hate their parents because they took away their phones for a week due to "only spending, like, $35 in texts".

And they meant it, too.

Also heard tales of girls (because, well, it normally is the 11 year old girls) showing their mothers the middle finger because of said situation. With no consequences.

If my future daughter ever gives me the finger over a phone, she's never, ever, ever getting that (or any) phone back from me. Ever. Along with regular phone privileges revoked for a while too...assuming they still exist that far in the future.

Unit D79
May 16, 2009, 12:03 AM
all of your car stories are making me sad... -.-
when i was like 8 my grandfather promised me that when i was older, me and him would fix up his old 60 ford Thunder bird and it would be the car i would drive in high school. 3 years later he died in a car accident. but two years ago, ( when i was 15) i decided to try to fix it up myself. asides from a few rusted spots, the only major problem was that the whole engine was completely shot. it would have cost over 3 grand to get a new engine and that was money my family didnt have. so my loving mother decides one day to sell the car... piece by f***ing piece on ebay... that was heart wrenching, taking apart that car to sell it... only 1 thing left now, and its the plate.

edit: and as for the spoiled brat in the video. they really need send people like that to poor countries like haiti or congo or something. makes me sick seeing rich kids who think they're entitled to everything in the world simply because their parents are rich.

Blitzkommando
May 16, 2009, 08:22 PM
If you want to survive a car crash, be in either a Saab or a Volvo. Those things are built like tanks. Just before I was born, my mum and dad were in a six-car pileup. The car at the time was a Saab 900; and the only damage our car took (despite being right in the middle of the accident) was scratched paintwork and dented bumpers (which were designed to 'pop' back to regular form anyway). All of the other cars were write-offs.

Old cars in general make great tanks. But once you're in a freeway situation it just becomes more mass to flail around as they tend not to do so hot when it comes to safety. Ideally you want a car designed to prevent an accident in the first place which is something newer cars and newer safety features excel at, such as electronic stability control. I'd much rather have the car crumple like a tin can and protect me than to have it blast apart like I've seen far too many times with old Buick land-boats.

As for getting cars for birthdays...I'm 23, and I haven't had a car yet. To be honest, I don't see the point (for guys) because when you're young and male, car insurance is so expensive (more than the actual car cost in some situations). Complaining about not getting a car though? That's just spoilt. It's people like that who'll never have any respect for money, and will end up piled high in credit cards and debt.

Cars are horrendously expensive for young males for sure. Insurance varies between vehicles and one should talk about that before purchasing a vehicle. For instance, even at 21 I can get insured for practically nothing on my father's truck (1995 Dodge Dakota) and it's darn safe too, just an absolute pain to park anywhere as its turns are so wide and the vehicle itself is long and wide. I would still drive that as my primary vehicle if it weren't so difficult to work with.

Unfortunately, in much of this country a university student (unless staying on campus) pretty much needs a car saying they live outside the city. In my case I live about 12.6 miles (20km) from the campus and there is no public transit in the area. That said though, I still think the best method for 'first car' is the old hand-me-down vehicle. It's familiar, it's already paid for, and it's generally cheaper to insure as it is an older vehicle.

I do plan on getting my 1st car when I'm in a job though. Really wouldn't mind getting a Honda Civic or if possible, a Mazda 6.

A Mazda 6, eh? Turns out that's what I have now (inline 4, 1.8L, 2003) and I really like it a lot. It's still a bit of a boat (longer than my father's 2002 Honda CR-V actually) but I get on average about 26-30 MPG, depending on how much highway time I do which is another huge advantage over the truck. It's also an extremely heavy car. Much heavier than I had thought it would be based on appearance as it's about 4900 pounds (about 2200kg) which can make it behave differently than you might anticipate, so keep that in mind that you would be driving a rather heavy vehicle. Purchased it used and came to find out that in the 75,000 miles he had had it, he had destroyed the brakes and had improper tire rotations and alignments done so now (with about 82,000 miles on it) we had to replace the brakes, pads, and tires which brings up my final point: If you purchase a used car, even if you have it thoroughly checked by a mechanic issues can still come up that you didn't expect that can come out to the tune of hundreds, or even thousands, of dollars.

All of that said, as a college student with no job but a need for transportation I certainly am thankful for my parents getting my car. I hate mooching off of them and will look for a job this summer once the quarter is over. I also hate the kids that think they deserve a vehicle though. I certainly would have easily stuck with my father's truck but due to a number of outside factors (namely my mother's wanting a safer vehicle and one easier to control in winter) another choice was made. I'll be keeping the vehicle for years though as it runs fine and the interior is almost like new so it will stay comfortable for a long while yet. Still, I look forward to purchasing my first car as I would like one that's a bit more fun (albeit less practical) in the years ahead. And, that's just my point. One should look forward to being able to purchase things by oneself. It's a sign of independence, maturity, and self-reliance. Mooching off others is something that I just hate doing as it leaves me with no control in my life. Why people like to mooch and have no control makes no sense to me.

Lance813
May 16, 2009, 08:53 PM
For my 16th birthday my step-dad gave me his old '73 Lincoln. I bought new tires for it and a radiator. Best car I've ever had, haha.

Beats the '98 Grand Am I drive now. Haha.

Volcompat321
May 17, 2009, 03:27 AM
My first car was a 94 mustang, first year of the 94-04 models(I believe was the last year)...I was 16, my car insurance was over $400 a month. Although, I got a ticket before I got my license :( Also 4 days after getting my license I got another ticket. The car was red, with safety features (air bags, abs blah blah blah) bigger engine than it came with :D - Yet, my 86 Ford Ranger was more $$ insurance...(only thing was no air bags) and I didn't get anymore tickets after that. It even had an alarm system :wacko: Still to this day I don't understand why it cost more.

IrisForscythe
May 17, 2009, 05:05 AM
Imagine the price of my insurance for an 86 Chevy Caprice Classic.
http://chevrolet-parts.uneedapart.com/images/chevy-caprice-classic-parts.jpg

I don't know about the features but I know it didn't have airbags lol. I got it back when i was 16, my mom had driven it for 8 years. I still drive it to this day, speedometer has flipped 5 times.

Aisha_Clan-Clan
May 17, 2009, 08:48 PM
I have a 1989 Camary.

Freeze
May 20, 2009, 05:12 AM
My first car was 1976 Austin Mini that my grandfather and I fixed up. Yes that's right, I once owned a Mr. Bean car. I tell you those are the perfect high school car. It costs nothing to put gas in them. Then I got my hands on a 1983 Dodge Rampage that I drove though College. I'm in the process of restoring that truck for my brother. Next was a 1991 GMC Jimmy which I loved but was forced to get rid of because the fuel was killing me on my commute to work. I still miss that truck the most. I currently drive a 2003 Pontiac Sunfire. On a side note only the Jimmy was an automatic. Manual transmissions rule!

3---Hit---U
May 25, 2009, 01:58 PM
...Anyone want to translate what she's even saying in the first part? >____>

What bothers me is it doesn't even wait until 16 anymore. I've seen 11 year old girls say that they hate their parents because they took away their phones for a week due to "only spending, like, $35 in texts".

And they meant it, too.

Also heard tales of girls (because, well, it normally is the 11 year old girls) showing their mothers the middle finger because of said situation. With no consequences.

If my future daughter ever gives me the finger over a phone, she's never, ever, ever getting that (or any) phone back from me. Ever. Along with regular phone privileges revoked for a while too...assuming they still exist that far in the future.

My mom's co-worker knew a 15 year old girl that worked up a 10k phone bill with texts.

She doesn't have her phone anymore, :P