PDA

View Full Version : tips for treasure finding

shadowjack
Feb 17, 2003, 12:32 PM
Hi
Ive been playing for 7-800 hours and Ive found some cool stuff,but id like some hints as to how find more.I have already scoured the the first 3 difficulty settings and If I find another justy i will scream.
I have heard that luck has little or nothing to do with finding treasure.I dissagree ever since i bumped my luck from 26 to 46 i have been finding more rare items.
I have also discovered that if you are looking for materials,scape dolls or grindrers you should carry around one of each and they seem to attract themselves,ie if you carry one you will find more.I have also discovered that bringing in any potions,mates,antidotes etc will also attract these items(much to our dismay).So I suggust that you adventure without A backpack full of healing items.You will undoubtedly find those crappy items in abundance so dont carry them use them up as quickly as possible and save your space and time by only bringing back to pioneer the things you want to sell or keep.This has worked wonders for me.
One last tip;Raise 2 or more mags at the same time if you carry an extra mag or 2 you can feed all that crap to them and keep your backpack empty for important items(GO REDS!)
Thanx guys and I hope this works for everybody.

biggs
Feb 17, 2003, 06:15 PM
Lol....

Luck Mats arent for finding rares .......

lol thats so funny

tiger80272
Feb 17, 2003, 10:34 PM
Maybe you just gotlucky afterupping your luck. I moved my luck from 10 to 22 and no change in the rares. Also, what you have in your pack has nothingto do with what you find. it is all in the section ID

shadowjack
Feb 18, 2003, 12:04 PM
Hey guys
thanx for the replies,so do you have any tips for finding treasure?
I know that luck helps with criticle hits but maybe criticle hits helps drop (reds)Rare treasure.I have noticed that killing A monster with as few hits as possible seems to be A good thing.
Also
i know that after finding dozens of the same item in the same level in the same area that what is in your backpack does have some thing to do with what you find in the way of normal treasure.We have experimented with this theory many many times and found that if you carry as little as possible but carry one or two of the (non rare,grinders,materials,etc)you will find them more frequently.We think that the computer gets stuck on items that are in your backpack.I tried it with many other items and it works great!
Good luck,happy hunting and let me know if you have any other tips.
Buenos tardes!