PDA

View Full Version : The Next Phantasy Star: Wish List

Pink Bat Maxine
May 18, 2009, 08:13 AM
Once SEGA introduces a Phantasy Star to replace PSU, assuming they do, what do you want in it? What features do you like, and which can go the way of the dodo? What have they never had that would enhance your playing experience?

landman
May 18, 2009, 08:29 AM
Some people usually say they want a MMO experience, but I like the instanced missions system, so a game with both could be cool, for example you exit a town and you can go free roaming a la MMO or take a "route" wich is more like an instanced mission in PSU, with more intense gaming.

Also I want Motavians :wacko:

Arada
May 18, 2009, 08:59 AM
Just more world to explore.

Does anyone else want to go and check the whole Parum continent ?

Also, that would make the game a lot more about survival (long missions = eventually out of healing items)

Also missions that are not just corridors (basically) with more than one way to reach a goal.

And of course, more varied mission types.

I guess that would be a good start.

Tekershee
May 18, 2009, 09:05 AM
Something fun.

Gibdozer
May 18, 2009, 09:15 AM
It would be nice if you could invite your own alts as bots in your parties, and switching between said alts on the fly would be a nice touch as well.

Calsetes
May 18, 2009, 09:31 AM
I think an MMO that's more like an open-world MMO would be a nice change, maybe make it based off of PS4 - you could explore Motavia, Dezolis (or Dezoris, forget how they translated that), go explore a few asteroids and satellite stations, that sort of thing. As for races, you could have the standard Parmecian, Motavian, Dezolian (Dezorian?), Esper, Cast, and Neuman. Jobs might be a bit tougher, maybe even limiting certain jobs to certain races, or limiting it to one job per character. Although if they wanted to do it like how they have it set up now, that wouldn't be too bad either. Regardless, I'd like them to keep a setup like they have now as far as battle mechanics - it requires some skill to use it (as opposed to the usual "hit attack, watch your guy do everything, maybe select a skill every now and then" thing), your skills level up as you use them, etc.

Maybe this is too ambitious a hope though, in which case I'd like to see something set up similar to how PSU was. I'd be fine with that.

unicorn
May 18, 2009, 09:52 AM
More races. I'm pretty sure they can squeeze two more in here (Motavian and Dezolisian).

Balanced races. I hate having the only real choice for techer to be Newman, and only melee choice to be CAST. They should all bring something to the table, and they kinda don't...

More planets.

Different missions (not get from point X to Y, etc).

Stronger bosses.

A beautiful soundtrack.

Better graphics.

Fuuun.

Ezodagrom
May 18, 2009, 10:13 AM
I would like some sort of mix between psu and pso...
I like the whole mission and lobby thingy on psu, but wish there were more freedom in the missions themselves, sorta like pso forest, caves, mines, ruins and such.
Also, in all lobbies there should be at least 1 mission in each door, even in the ones going back to the previous lobby.
There should also be a central lobby, one that has a list of the number of players in each lobby and an option to transport to that lobby.

I would like the return of mags, maybe with a few changes...like the special attack depending on the race...sorta a mix between psu nanoblast/suv but using the mag instead of extra slot/tattoo, while giving a special attack to all races.
What I liked the most about mags was that they made each player kinda unique in stats.

Also, about synthing...I like the whole synthing thing, but think it should be just a little bit different. Instead of failing, it would have a chance of coming a lower rank weapon, but it would also have a small change of coming a higher rank weapon. For example, while synthing a 10* weapon, having a chance of it coming 9* or 11*.
Plus I would like variable stats in weapons instead of fixed stats. For example, an weapon instead of coming with always 500 ATP, it would end with random stats, somewhere between 500 and 525 ATP.

About the classes, hope that they'll have all types of mixes.
Full hunter, full ranger, offensive/support force (kinda like forte classes in psu), offensive force (some sort of masterforce without speed boost), hunter/ranger hybrid, hunter/offensive force hybrid, hunter/support force, ranger/offensive force, ranger/support force, speed hunter, speed ranger, speed/full support force, trap class hybrid with heavy melee/heavy ranged weapons (protranser), a balanced hunter/ranger/force class (a class with good hunter + ranger + force skills).

If they ever make a new phantasy star online game, hope they don't let things become like they are now on JP, where the strongest enemy is some levels below the lvl cap, hopefully there will always be hard enough missions where it's needed to play in a party.

Omega_Weltall
May 18, 2009, 10:17 AM
Single player turnbased Phantasy Star 5

Calsetes
May 18, 2009, 10:30 AM

I'll drink to that. Personally, I think it'd be awesome. Maybe they could even make it a prequel of sorts (sort of like they did with Star Ocean - it's new, it's unique, and it has those few things that make you go "holy crap, that's in Phantasy Star (original series game)!"

I liked the combination attacks from PS4, they were pretty neat (especially if you have no idea how it happened).

Delete
May 18, 2009, 10:55 AM

No please no, That would ruin PSU. :sad:

Calsetes
May 18, 2009, 11:07 AM
Either way, I personally would be frothing at the mouth should they randomly say, "Hey, here's our next Phantasy Star game." As long as it isn't something utterly stupid (such as Episode 3's CARD battle, or if they went to a Pokemon-style "catch all these cute monsters!" thing) then I'd be ecstatic.

ForteGunnerW
May 18, 2009, 11:44 AM
Either way, I personally would be frothing at the mouth should they randomly say, "Hey, here's our next Phantasy Star game." As long as it isn't something utterly stupid (such as Episode 3's CARD battle, or if they went to a Pokemon-style "catch all these cute monsters!" thing) then I'd be ecstatic.

Hah, i like that idea.

Calsetes
May 18, 2009, 11:47 AM
What, the cards, the monster thing, or the "anything but?" I personally hate games like those two, just so annoying, and they have that "little kid" fanbase that I find real annoying. Uh, no offense to anyone who does like them.

Puppet_Papaya
May 18, 2009, 12:09 PM
Episode 3 was actually a really solid game. It's not fair calling it "stupid" only because you feel like it's for kids.

tadtwisted
May 18, 2009, 12:40 PM
Episode 3 was actually a really solid game. It's not fair calling it "stupid" only because you feel like it's for kids.

I agree EP3 was a great game that unfortunatly had horrible timing (it came out during the yu-gi-oh hype, so it got lumped together with all that other garbage)

WHlTEKNIGHT
May 18, 2009, 01:14 PM
I agree EP3 was a great game that unfortunatly had horrible timing (it came out during the yu-gi-oh hype, so it got lumped together with all that other garbage)
It came out then for a reason, probably just sega's take on yu gi oh.
I doubt it would have been made if there wasn't that card craze at the time.

Halcyote
May 18, 2009, 01:20 PM
If the newest Phantasy Star is going to be an online game, I would prefer if they ditched whatever half-assed story mode they come up with (or just leave it for strictly offline purposes), and just expand on what PSU has started on. Make the world a bit more open for exploration, keep the instanced dungeons, balance and make the stats all worth something, and possibly set restrictions on classes for each Race.

All that good stuff.

Calsetes
May 18, 2009, 02:02 PM
Alright, sorry I said it's stupid, maybe I should have just left it at "it's not my style of game." It still doesn't change the fact that I don't like it. If I were in middle school when it came out, I'd probably have played it (since that's when I was heavy into that Star Wars card game that came out), but nowadays I feel like I've outgrown all that.

Again, sorry if I offended any of you by saying that Episode 3 was stupid.

pinkace
May 18, 2009, 02:53 PM
I still want to play EP3 online someday. It is now supported but when I signed in there was no one to play with :(

landman
May 18, 2009, 03:20 PM
I signed in a few months ago and I was being disconnected continuously, I doubt It could have been possible to stay online for an entire match. I just logged on to play the jukebox in the lobby lol

I don't have anything against CARD Revolution, I am just very bad playing it, I wasn't able to complete story mode and I tried many times...

Miyoko
May 18, 2009, 04:15 PM
All I want for this game, is to be rid of the stupid tag-for-EXP-kill-for-more-EXP system. So dumb.

ThaiSoup
May 18, 2009, 04:22 PM
Turn it into a more action type game, jumping, air combos, more ground movement etc. As PSO/PSU always had my attention as it was a middleground, as turn based gets boring too quick. And as far as mmos go, spamming your number keys or f1keys to fight gets boring was well.

Oh and spawns randomize so its not all the same every run.

Harder difficulty because its too easy to solo.

Color customizer for clothes

better color customization for cast.

I know I could think of more, but I gotta take off.

Dark Phoenix5
May 18, 2009, 04:30 PM
How about we get more beast choices....for crying out loud the only crazy good beast is the power beast but they die too easily.If they put more effort into that like they do SUV weapons, I would be happy....

Also how about have our own music in our rooms?

OR even add new races!!!and always add events so we dont have to do white beast...

Overlord Zenon
May 18, 2009, 04:34 PM
hard to say you cant really chnge the forumal PSO made, unless you go original and scrap online (highly unlikely) since sega makes a nice bit of cash of the online Phantasy stars, the next one will likely be online once again, and i dont know much they could do story wise, unless since alot of the elements were actually deprived from older phantasy stars... i'd just want another online or maybe a new PSO? theres still alot of room for expansion ideas on PSU

Pink Bat Maxine
May 18, 2009, 05:29 PM
One thing I'd LOVE, and it wouldn't happen until the next console generation, is the original PSO games on XBL, or what have you. Hey, SEGA loves to milk that back catalogue, and once PSO is two generations old, I think that'll be plenty of time for it to be 'classic gaming'.

I agree to a point with those who want more exploration, and an overworld might be good for that. HOWEVER.... I don't want a WoW-like experience where getting ANYWHERE take from 10 minutes to half an hour. I do so like the instant gratification of 'Boom, I'm there, what can I do?' and the lobbies with instant gratification, just as much as I'd like to poke into the nooks and crannies of the planet. So they would need to strike a balance there.

I'd like to see more polish.... I wouldn't mind seeing another developer work from Sonic Team's blueprint, to but a little more quality coding in that ST seems currently incapable of. But I do SO like the aesthetics of the PSO/PSU worlds, and the lore of Phantasy Star.

I'd like to see more AI, of course. It doesn't have to be super complex, but wolflike creatures should hunt as a pack, for instance. I don't find a few creatures doing the slo-mo shuffle at you thing, but there should definately be variety.

The using-alts-as-AI-partners-and-switching-out proposition is brilliant. Make that happen!

I'd also like to see them put more effort into the story. Don't get me wrong, I actually enjoy the PSU story and characters, and I like how it develops episodically, but the story (not to mention the voice acting!) is really very amateurish. Put the money into hiring quality writers and scripters to make it all feel a little more natural.

KEEP what works, though.... it should ALWAYS be an Action RPG.... no WoW style 'click on attack and sit back' stuff. The combat could be spruced, but I don't think it needs to be too fancy. The core play mechanics of PSO and PSU keep us coming back year after year. It works, keep it.

EDIT: OH! And more cute/novelty weapons! I adore those.

Calsetes
May 18, 2009, 06:47 PM
(Referencing my original post)

Well, if they used something like the world from PS4, they could have it set a bit in the future of it, so there would be space ports, and land rover stations, and what have you. If they were extremely extremely ambitious, they could even let the wealthy buy their own land rovers and such, and then they could take their parties anywhere with it. One person drives (with a little gun, so not defenseless), and the others can hop on turrets or something.

However, I think that's getting a bit too far from the original source material.

Randomness
May 18, 2009, 06:59 PM
How about we get more beast choices....for crying out loud the only crazy good beast is the power beast but they die too easily.If they put more effort into that like they do SUV weapons, I would be happy....

Also how about have our own music in our rooms?

Really? I find that the blue nanoblast is the best by miles. Sorry, but I rather like surviving stuff like megid, boss hits, etc. Red is only superior if there's a healer around... and too many forces these days seem to be offense only, or offense-and-buffs only. I wouldn't mind seeing a couple new colors though, but there's not much you can do with crazy-stat-buff mode.

Also, your own music in your room could lead to many, many problems... I don't feel like hearing R-rated stuff at high volume when I go to a shop.

Halcyote
May 18, 2009, 07:01 PM
All this talk about the "new beast nanoblasts" only remind me of the whole Black Nanoblast deal.

They could be more useful though, I don't bother using nanoblasts anymore.

Apone
May 18, 2009, 07:03 PM
Mountains, hills, lush forests, valleys. More well thought out levels.

Wheather conditions, Knee deep snow, wading waist high through a swamp with enemies popping out from under the water, RAIN, FOG, TORNADOES...well maybe not tornadoes.

The same mission can happen during any time of day (morning, noon, twilight, midnight)

More enemies onscreen

More animations for the different classes and Races. Maybe some classes woud have a more "roadie run" style of movement as an example.

Be able to equip either hand with a weapon or just make it so when you create a character they can be left or right handed.

What happened to the food? make the food usefull.

I could go on but theres so much potential here.

Oh and the biggest thing for the next Phantasy Star... NOT FOR PS2!!!! (sorry)

Dark Phoenix5
May 18, 2009, 07:23 PM
lol but seriously....the music could get bad i understand but it would still be nice

The blue beast runs out way too fast for me...i dunno they all have their disadvantages and advantages.I just think putting in something new for beasts is what they really need to do.I mean casts have something new for them all the time

also i wanna see Humans have a special power..Like a berserk mode

tadtwisted
May 18, 2009, 11:40 PM
It came out then for a reason, probably just sega's take on yu gi oh.
I doubt it would have been made if there wasn't that card craze at the time.

Not true in japan card games have been craze for a while, well before yu-gi-oh became popular in the US, granted it might not have made it to the states but the game would have still been made. Japan and the US have never really synced in what we like to play just like right now the US cant get enough FPS and in japan its all about role playing games

Noblewine
May 19, 2009, 12:00 AM
What I like to see in the next PS game is more content to get gamers immersed. I wish they allow town developement or growth by decisions you make. One thing I like is how they're adding a quest shop in PSZ.

Zarode
May 19, 2009, 12:10 AM
One thing I like is how they're adding a quest shop in PSZ.

HURR QUEST SHOP CUZ HURR ITS NOT LIKE THE GUILD COUNTER OR MISSION COUNTERS WE'VE BEEN TO. Before you even talk kid, I will say that I have imported the game. There is nothing in PSZ that is different to PSO or PSU. Its actually more boring compared to PSU. Overall, a watered down game that (gasp!!!) could've been more! Funny how that comes around, huh?

I wish these threads would be locked before any posts happen, all the OPs who decide to make these threads on go three weeks prohibition. Weak discussion, fanboy reactions to everything right with wrong suggestions.

Zyrusticae
May 19, 2009, 12:20 AM
One of these pops up like every month, huh?

Zarode
May 19, 2009, 12:31 AM
What, do I have to post my proof? Cite it? I lurk around here enough to know this is true, and most people will agree with me. You people complain about the game so much, why don't you quit?

Criss
May 19, 2009, 12:33 AM
First off, a more dynamic combat system with dodging moves where you need to use skill instead of just knowing enemies' attack patterns.

More massive and aggressive bosses that require some strategy to defeat and aren't just punching bags (I'm looking at you, dragon bosses).

Many more clothing options of different styles, with color sliders rather than usually ugly and mismatching color sets.

Different mission types, instead of kill all monsters and reach end of mission.

More emphasis on cooperation, by removing scape dolls, giving each class their own special thing to add to a team, and adding gameplay features like a juggle system that would require players to coordinate and time launching moves one after the other to keep enemies in the air for as long as possible.

More variety in tech functions and effects, secondary functions for gun weapons to add more depth to ranged combat, and letting melee classes select combo sections independently to make up their own PA chain.

Centralize mission counters to main cities instead of scattering everyone in a bunch of different lobbies. Also add more than one city to each planet and add different regions with different scenery.

That's all that comes to mind for now.

gratefulgriz
May 19, 2009, 12:48 AM
All I ask for is a continuation of the 2D original series on something like the Nintendo DS. Sega could really rock both the 2D PS titles and the 3D Online adventures at the same time. That would take PS far and make my dream come true!

tirith
May 19, 2009, 01:06 AM
uuh, bigger chat bubbles <you know that'll actually fit a whole sentance in>

and fix $#@ censorship filter, or add $#@ ability to disable $#@ thing

nooo it's spreading, "the" is being censored here now too.

MSAksion
May 19, 2009, 01:16 AM
wHAT I REALLY WANT;

A character lumilass BODY EDITING MODE. We already can change our Face, skin color, Ears, Eyeball shape, and even voices but not body?

What if we want our Lolis to grow? Or our super busty supermodels to "shrink" ? Nope gotta recreate and do it all over again? Other RPGs allow this, even if you have to pay real $$$ at least its an option in other games.

Touka
May 19, 2009, 02:38 AM
Well most of what I want was mentioned already so what i'd like is the team in charge of PSU NOT to do the next game.It's obvious that the Sonic Team from PSO is not the same team for PSU,PSU had a lot of potential and they dropped the ball so get a better team kthx.

Overlord Zenon
May 19, 2009, 02:42 AM
well look at sonic teams sonic games lately not to great anymore, i think most the staff was reformed per game now... I ma waiting to see how well PSZ does, im a little iffy on the designs of that one tho, i also have a hunch psu will be with the xbox till possibly past its life cycle its still with ps2 past that consoles cycle, so its safe to assume psu aint going anywhere yet

lostinseganet
May 19, 2009, 09:53 AM
I want 16 player cooperative play. I wanna jump on my own. I want crawl. I want to juke, and roll. I wanna climb. I wanna SING by attaching voice with instruments. I want ddr kareoke mixed with eye toy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MO-exCThci0&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3UOufHgwh0&feature=related
I WANT PSO2! I want to be able to play in all regions. i want some velchles. Most of all I want to pay for content and get the same treatment as JPN. EVERY one else gets hosed! I want way more control over aiming I like the aim in psu now if only I could run too.

Omega_Weltall
May 19, 2009, 10:02 AM
No please no, That would ruin PSU. :sad:

PSU is already ruined.

S4CT4L1TY
May 19, 2009, 10:16 AM
i want more customization i wanna have a mini beast with an 8 pound head or another race could be a seed based race human/seed Hybrid anyone?

AidanZon2
May 19, 2009, 12:43 PM
1: Larger levels, more detailed and more variances of them.

2: VR Missions that use old stages that have been upgraded quality of models / textures to match current style.

3: New story line, new locations, and more worlds to walk around with more things to do.

4: TIP don't keep changing spell names, its annoying. I liked pso's spell names and when I went with psu on launch i was wth is this..... pick something and stick to it no need to reinvent the wheel for something like names of spells.

5: New races are cool as long as it doesn't end up like the subclasses, cause it will make one or more races a joke and leave hardcore players filling up the servers with look a likes.

6: More crazy items, more weapons that are awesome but also look flipping crazy I.e. toliet on a stick that falls under as a unique axe or whip that looks like a frog and when you strike its his tongue that comes out, more stuff like that.

7: I remember pso as a place to meet friends and go hunt rares down while kicking some asses, now i just feel like its speed runs and harder to find decent items.

8: Change the mag system by combining the the pso mag style with psu mag style, make it so that you can feed it and evolve it and use it for special attacks but at a later time it converts to a partner robot that has its own battle techniques along with its own special attack it casts when its ready.

9: More storage, I don't care if I need to buy chests or lock boxes and fill the room with them to get more space for items, I know I am not the only rat packer here.

10: Stack goods in higher amounts and make more things stack capable.

11: Change the particle system to help with slow frame rates and change pa's if you keep them to not be such a light show and fix the menu system to have an option to remove all the double warnings.

12: More stylized gear or effects, like line shield effects that place force field like plates over the body that float just a bit off the body frame.

13: What about having a blocking button? Something that makes your arm shield expand and you can help deflect or reflect damage?

14: I would like just basic kill missions where you just start a room and take your time walk around explore and kill tons of mobs, but don't feel pressured to do it in record time.

15: Reinvent the synthesizing system. It overly done simplified and overly pain in the ass at times, you might want to fix the syth rate and even change what happens when it fails. I forget who said it but it was mentioned in this forum, I as well think its a better idea have it turn into a crappier weapon than nothing at all, but having a chance to make something better would rock as well, and lets say you also get a chance to make a unique version of it which would be extremely rare but would be sweet to have happen.

16: Don't do open world, unless you make it huge. Otherwise we will have mob stealing a million times over. Also if they make it open world change the drop system. So yeah I don't feel its a great idea but it could be interesting to see something like forest 1 and 2 spead out in a vast area that takes time to traverse.

17: Some type of guild,corp,clan, or other styled grouping system should be added, its about time too. add banks, rooms, name or badges to show their group.

18: Custom paint jobs on cast. I know won't happen. I'll settle for being able to change parts of the cast so i don't have to be symmetrical.

just a few things i can think of right now.

Cracka_J
May 19, 2009, 01:13 PM
wish #1 (and believe it or not, this is my only wish)

the game is not developed by, produced by, managed by, maintained by, or has any relationship whatsoever to ST or Sega.

if somehow that wish is met, I'll be happy to pick up PS again :)

something strange tells me that's not going to happen though, so I'm gonna be playing The Old Republic when it launches either later this year or next year. if you guys want an mmo with the same style of weaponry, a futuristic setting, and a developer that actually still has a reputation for a quality product, check the game out. it's coming along very nicely atm. www.swtor.com (http://www.swtor.com)

pinkace
May 19, 2009, 01:21 PM
^

:(

PSU is already ruined.

IT IS!? Goddammit, why didn't anyone tell me?

And here I was having fun with this ruined thing! They should make like some sort of website where people can warn each other about these things, like an information board or a forum or something.....

On topic, I want to move while I aim in first person. Hated that in RE4, hate that here.

Warlock01
May 19, 2009, 01:41 PM
uuh, bigger chat bubbles <you know that'll actually fit a whole sentance in>

and fix $#@ censorship filter, or add $#@ ability to disable $#@ thing

nooo it's spreading, "the" is being censored here now too.

i agree on the censor problem 100% but bigger chat bubbles? can u imagine what that would be like in a populated area?!?!

I want to move while I aim in first person. Hated that in RE4, hate that here.

same here. would be really good for sniping and not dying :/

Afro Thunder
May 19, 2009, 01:57 PM
1. More immersive world. Spread instance dungeons out
2. More class variations i.e. forces that can summon pets or use mind control, Hunters that can specialize in axe training or Rangers that can specialize in types of weapons.

3. Better targeting system.

4. Oppurtunities for Guilds and Raids with 16 person capabilities for the raids.

5. larger variance in monsters.

6. bigger variance in missions. i.e. two groups of six having to do a mission cut off from each other but reliant on the other team to hit key points and unlock doors in order for them to progress. this should culminate in a large boss fight with multiple strategies.

7. a better way to level technics, honestly i would prefer to buy new spells at new lvls than to spend months trying to level the same spell from level one.

8. Random Sega themed enemies, and friends that come around i.e. you have a 1 in a 100,000 chance of seeing sonic while doing a mission.

9. Pvp Arena

10. Legacy characters. Meaning if you max out a character in the new game you unlock a mode that lets you bring in a character from a previous Phantasy Star on the same system.

Will think of more later. It seems like this game has great potential but falls short at a couple key points. Technics and Photon Arts lvl the way they do to add content to the game, they should change this around and add more content. If they really want to stretch out the games add more expansions, besides alot of people get attached to their characters and are not too interested in letting go.

Calsetes
May 19, 2009, 02:11 PM
I have an idea - maybe not bigger chat bubbles, but a separate chat log like in other MMOs (and I don't mean the one you can pull up in-game, I mean take a corner of screen, make a semi-translucent image, slap some words in it and there you go). You could keep the bubbles if you wanted to for social areas (like in lobbies), but as for party chat, you'd have an actual chat box area for it. Or just make it a chat box, and then have the bubbles for the cut-in faces and emotions and stuff.

Plus I'm pretty happy with the first-person aiming feature. If we could move and aim, then it'd stop being Phantasy Star and become an FPS full-time for those classes.

Also Cracka, I may have to look into that one. I broke out KOTOR 2 a few days ago (again) and remembered how much fun it was. Another option would be Huxley, whenever it comes out. Although that goes back to the argument of the aiming in first person mode and contradicts it, it's a different sort of game altogether (it's designed first and foremost as an FPS, unlike PSU).

Edit: Afro, I like some of your ideas, but some of the others make it seem a bit too un-Phantasy Star, like summoning and possibly the raids (never played WoW, so I might be confused about the whole "raid" concept). I'd be happy with the guilds though, and maybe even having guild headquarters set up once they reach a certain size. If the raids were set up as just instanced quests, like.... let's say a job from the Hunter's Guild that your guild could take on, such as "investigate this crashed starship and look for survivors," or "Billy Bob tried to start up his own mass-produced security robot factory, but they backfired. Go in and wipe out the place," then that would be cool. No fighting with other parties, though. The last thing I want in a PS game is the constant fear of being killed by another player or being trained by another party's martyr who'll bring a bunch of mobs down on my party, just so we lose.

Afro Thunder
May 19, 2009, 05:53 PM
Edit: Afro, I like some of your ideas, but some of the others make it seem a bit too un-Phantasy Star, like summoning and possibly the raids (never played WoW, so I might be confused about the whole "raid" concept). I'd be happy with the guilds though, and maybe even having guild headquarters set up once they reach a certain size. If the raids were set up as just instanced quests, like.... let's say a job from the Hunter's Guild that your guild could take on, such as "investigate this crashed starship and look for survivors," or "Billy Bob tried to start up his own mass-produced security robot factory, but they backfired. Go in and wipe out the place," then that would be cool. No fighting with other parties, though. The last thing I want in a PS game is the constant fear of being killed by another player or being trained by another party's martyr who'll bring a bunch of mobs down on my party, just so we lose.

As far as a raid concept, imagine De Ragan being a little bigger and having a group of 16 guys to take it down. In addition to that aadd other mobs that come out and attack the group so it's not just a whack a mole on the main boss. This will involve some strategy on the part of the raid groups.

As far as the dual group method, while it being puggable, if that was actually implemented i would most likely do that with a guild to ensure that we don't get messed over.