PDA

View Full Version : XBOX 360 or PC version?

MutatedOne
May 18, 2009, 05:10 PM
I have both. My PC is a gaming PC and can handle PSU. Which has a better community/population? Are the PC controls hard to learn? How do I get a digital copy?

Muchos Gracias.

-MO

Halcyote
May 18, 2009, 05:13 PM
There's no legal way to get a digital copy of PSU.

The population for PC/PS2 is a lot smaller than the 360 version.

If you do decide to play on the PC version, it's best to get a controller (if you have a wired 360 controller, that'll work with PSU on the PC). This game was made for use with the controller, and frankly, using keyboard controls on this game is awkward.

ashley50
May 18, 2009, 05:16 PM
digital copy?...I'll let you figure that one out for yourself.

360 has Bigger population its both good and bad at the same time.

PC/PS2 has lower or should i say LOWEST? but people are more friendly (less a-holes) and you can take screenshots with no need to use another program or device.

MutatedOne
May 18, 2009, 05:23 PM
Yes, I have a wired controller for the Xbox 360.

Anyone want to..eh.. link me to said download?

Calsetes
May 18, 2009, 05:23 PM
Alright, what the people above me said but with one exception:

This is as unbaiased as I can make it, but you have jerks on both servers. 360 has more people, PC has less - therefore it's up to you if you want to have variety in friends or a small community (that's pretty tight-knit, from what I've seen). The downside to the tight-knit community (PC servers) is that it's relatively hard to find someone in-game willing to run other missions. On 360, you might be able to (since more people means better chance someone says "Sure, this is boring anyway") but more people means more annoying people too, and I have a hard enough time with the few annoyances on the PC servers at times.

There, I said both were good and both were bad. Take your pick.

mvffin
May 18, 2009, 05:28 PM
The game runs better on a powerful pc, but you'll have a much easier time finding party members and equipment on 360.

It's against forum rules to link to a digital copy, but if you're familiar with that sort of thing, it shouldn't be too hard for you to find.

Oh, and as for the 360 controller on PC, for some reason, I could never get the trigger buttons to work. Don't know if they've fixed that in the past year or so, but I remember that was a huge problem for me.

OldCoot
May 18, 2009, 05:41 PM
If it were me I think I would go to the PC version this time. My 360s seem to die every year or so and having a console sometimes is a major pain. My home build computer has lasted much longer and most likely won't have the graphic lag that the 360 version has. (I dislike the fact my leveled diga lags me.)

I agree about the controller. I had a hard time trying to move around using a keyboard and that was a big factor as to why I didn't stay with the PC version.

Another factor is security between the two. Ruby Eclipe stated in a topic that the security for the 360 is better. Not too long ago I guess someone was able to get into other accounts and remove things. I think this problem is solved and nothing to be worried about but better security is something to consider.

The population is larger on the 360 side and so you will have an easier time finding other new players who you could do runs with and makes friends with. I agree with the others that because of the larger population you also get more ding dongs who are not so nice and attempt to scam. Before starting go to the offical site and read up on the stickied topics about scammers in the network 360 section. I would not want any new players to fall for the drop the item in missio and boot trick or trading scams going on.

I personally think the PC/PS2 side of the game is slowly dying out though. Sega is not selling brand new copies of PSU that I am aware of so you would have to find one. That goes for the 360 side as well. The 360 though live has a free demo you can play to get an idea if you like it.

Lastly if it were me and I could read and write Japanese I would have left the 360 side and the PC side here and move to the Japanese servers. They are much further along on updates.

Enjoy where ever you go.

Pink Bat Maxine
May 18, 2009, 05:42 PM
Does one need to pay twice if they're playing on XBox but wants to give the PS2/PC version a shot?

OldCoot
May 18, 2009, 05:48 PM
Does one need to pay twice if they're playing on XBox but wants to give the PS2/PC version a shot?

Yes. You would have to pay for both.

Halcyote
May 18, 2009, 05:51 PM
Oh, and as for the 360 controller on PC, for some reason, I could never get the trigger buttons to work. Don't know if they've fixed that in the past year or so, but I remember that was a huge problem for me.
I haven't had any issues with my 360 controller's trigger buttons to be used for the camera (left-right rotation). As for anything else, I haven't tried any other configuration for them.

Yunfa
May 18, 2009, 07:36 PM
These kind of threads irritate the hell out of me. There is a "search" function! If you search you will most likely result a WHOLE page of if not the same then similar to this topic.

Population Wise
PS2/PC - Peak times: 1 full star & 1/2 of a star
X-box 360 - Peak Times: Average of 1 full universe and 3 full stars; when the event 1st came out it was 3 full universes with at least a star in every other universe.

Ethateral
May 18, 2009, 08:11 PM
These kind of threads irritate the hell out of me. There is a "search" function! If you search you will most likely result a WHOLE page of if not the same then similar to this topic.

Population Wise
PS2/PC - Peak times: 1 full star & 1/2 of a star
X-box 360 - Peak Times: Average of 1 full universe and 3 full stars; when the event 1st came out it was 3 full universes with at least a star in every other universe.

For 360, there's far more universe filled up during an event. Right now it's a Universe and half. However earlier on during the day (During a work-week) I've seen it have 2 and half universe filled. During the weekend it's a little bit more.

And saying there are more so a-holes on 360, is redundant. There are them on PC/PS2 as well. Goes for ANY online game. I'd prefer 360, since it has a larger population and you can have a LIVE party of up to 8 people as it stands.