PDA

View Full Version : What form will the compensation take?

WHlTEKNIGHT
May 19, 2009, 03:26 AM
http://translate.google.com/translate?sourceid=navclient&hl=en-GB&u=http%3a%2f%2fxbox360.phantasystaruniverse.jp%2fn ews%2fwis%2f%3fmode%3dview%26id%3d294

Hopefully it wont be another extension to this event, I am curious to what it will be though.
List what you think it might be....

goldbrease
May 19, 2009, 03:53 AM
most likely 3* luck to everyone for the remainder of the event. thats what it usually and almost always is. now if the servers went down for an entire week or more then they would probably do something better, but most likely its just 3* for the remainder of the event.

WhiteKnight01
May 19, 2009, 05:21 AM
i hope they give us something like double xp like the japanese players get when they get compensation

drizzle
May 19, 2009, 06:46 AM
I'd look into the future for you but my crystal ball appears to be broken D:

Dragwind
May 19, 2009, 07:13 AM
Superholymegacrazy luck, for 5 days. :wacko:

Just kidding.

Miyoko
May 19, 2009, 07:17 AM
Maybe... ANOTHER PRETA/D!? :o

Zarode
May 19, 2009, 07:22 AM
A big turd, and some more downtime for the servers. They could use a break from all the crap you guys give it.

Ethateral
May 19, 2009, 07:22 AM
Preta/D+ or another week extension. (Please no. -.-)

I'd like it if maybe, they added on an extra week for out STD rewards?

(Even though I don't see why we really need compensation for half the day being down >_>; )

Skorn
May 19, 2009, 07:35 AM
If they gave us all of the stuff they owe us right after the event that would be nice. =-)

xBladeM6x
May 19, 2009, 07:35 AM
Hmmmm....

gratefulgriz
May 19, 2009, 07:43 AM
one month free, just a guess/hope

BIGGIEstyle
May 19, 2009, 07:57 AM
(Even though I don't see why we really need compensation for half the day being down >_>; )

Because there were a few instances of people's character data being rolled back a day because of some sort of mistake when the servers went down. I know a few people who lost a few levels and some items.

Luckily I'm not one of them, though my heart goes out to those who were affected :P

I hope the compensation is indeed a boost to Exp or an extension of the event rewards, both would be sweet. One week for bullet leveling on my non-capped GT, One week for tech leveling on my non-capped MF lol.

ashley50
May 19, 2009, 09:38 AM
a week of 3 luck...like MOST compensations?

(I'v lost nothing so meh)

malhese
May 19, 2009, 09:42 AM
maybe bumblebee tuna?

lostinseganet
May 19, 2009, 09:44 AM
10 extra levels and call it a day?

S4CT4L1TY
May 19, 2009, 10:11 AM
Rappy tip+ ^^;

pikachief
May 19, 2009, 10:17 AM
What i would hope for it to be is stuff like...

Rewads this friday so that they can go through the event and next update right when event ends! :D

or An extra month of this event with MAG+Right when it ends LOL jk

Maybe they cann give us all the pretas and sonichis we never got? and the real hand weapons and Holy Ray D? lol

pinkace
May 19, 2009, 10:18 AM
extend the duration of the event rewards by 50% :)

stukasa
May 19, 2009, 10:18 AM
Only time will tell. What happened wasn't really that bad so I doubt we'll get anything huge. A week of 3* luck, maybe?

kyle21
May 19, 2009, 10:33 AM
I dunno but I lost a Blackheart unit, Heart of Dulk, 2 Mugunburgas, bunch of spheres and materials.... good thing I didn't find the hizeri/concentrate I was looking for. I just want my items back lol. Hopefully it's NOT 3* luck but rather double exp OR Holly Hallucination early :)

autumn
May 19, 2009, 10:33 AM
I'm impressed they're planning compensation honestly. That in and of itself is likely better then anything they're going to give us. Its almost as if they're acting as if they were a real company.

Warlock01
May 19, 2009, 10:40 AM
dont get your hopes up like the 100mill kill achievement.

Calsetes
May 19, 2009, 10:41 AM
I hope we don't get Holy Hallucination early - I just used up a rare mission that I had stockpiled since the last event (probably got it and didn't know about it until we went to run another one yesterday).

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
May 19, 2009, 10:48 AM
That 2x EXP sounds nice. I'd rather have that than the 3 star holy luck.

OldCoot
May 19, 2009, 11:18 AM
Come on, it has to be one more week of free makeovers.

Calsetes
May 19, 2009, 11:20 AM
EVERYONE GETS FREE GUARDIANS FORMAL FOR MALE CHARACTERS!

For females, Illuminus coat! Oh, and you can't trade between accounts or characters. Happy hunting!

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
May 19, 2009, 11:29 AM
There is an Illuminus Coat for females? I thought it was only for guys! Oh baby...I gots to get me one of them mofos. Pray tell, where can a person of my stature obtain such a desired item? Can it be available for purchase in a fine goods store? Or is it only avialable through hunting a certain "monster of interest"

OH btw...the compensation is going to be a free Crea Saber.

kyle21
May 19, 2009, 11:31 AM
No I bet it'll be a SEGA logo room deco and not the big ones but one of the small ones you can put on your shop counter!

Ethateral
May 19, 2009, 11:36 AM
There is an Illuminus Coat for females? I thought it was only for guys! Oh baby...I gots to get me one of them mofos. Pray tell, where can a person of my stature obtain such a desired item? Can it be available for purchase in a fine goods store? Or is it only avialable through hunting a certain "monster of interest"

OH btw...the compensation is going to be a free Crea Saber.

The female one is called the 'Guardian's Formal'. We can't get it right now. We can obtain all the items needed for it though currently.

Laia Portrait x1
Dallgun Portrait x1
GUARDIANS Tag x1
Igg Crown x1

Those are the items needed for the trade in for the Clothes 'n' Parts ♀. The only real big thing right now, is getting an Igg Crown. Those are.. Well overpriced. The outfit is what Laia wears as her new president clothing.

Calsetes
May 19, 2009, 11:36 AM
I was joking, there is no Illuminus coat for females, and no guardians formal for males. I said that because then everyone would have a non-tradeable clothing item they can't use, and can't give to an alt even.

Edit: I remember back when everyone wanted Crea weapons. All the rumors about "they're gonna have a nanoblast-like special" or "they're going to be AWESOME when maxed out" and stuff like that. Instead, everyone found out they kind of suck. I don't think the Crea Pluses are too much better, either. Are the swords at least good?

stukasa
May 19, 2009, 11:38 AM
I dunno but I lost a Blackheart unit, Heart of Dulk, 2 Mugunburgas, bunch of spheres and materials.... good thing I didn't find the hizeri/concentrate I was looking for. I just want my items back lol. Hopefully it's NOT 3* luck but rather double exp OR Holly Hallucination early :)
I'm a little confused about why some people lost stuff and others didn't. I was doing runs up until about 5 minutes before the servers crashed and when I checked my account yesterday I still had all the stuff I got, even the rare mission I got from the last run I did!

You didn't get all that stuff in a single run, right? That means you must have lost at least an hour or two worth of play time. So why did you lose that data while I didn't? (I don't expect you to know the answer, I'm just wondering to myself--and anyone else who might know.)

The servers crashed for me around 7:30 PM PST. Was anyone able to stay online longer than that? If so, maybe that's the time when people lost stuff?

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
May 19, 2009, 11:38 AM
I was joking, there is no Illuminus coat for females, and no guardians formal for males. I said that because then everyone would have a non-tradeable clothing item they can't use, and can't give to an alt even.

Well at least you gave it to me straight. I asked one of my friends about it and she said "You get it after I smack you in the face with a frying pan.". Fan-dabby-tastic.

kyle21
May 19, 2009, 12:16 PM
stukasa:

I got all that stuff over the course of 4 runs probably 10-15 minutes before the crash, a little over an hr of solo playing. Looks like I got rolled back to my last login the night before. I do know that when I was going to B2 my game just sat there loading for like 2min so I had to just quit the game (PS3) when I tried to log back in it said 'data locked because of irregular log out, try again in 10min' or something similar, then I try again and couldn't connect at all. So it must have started to crash when B2 was loading... I dunno. Just sucks to waste time hunting just to lose everything.

Calsetes
May 19, 2009, 12:20 PM
Well at least you gave it to me straight. I asked one of my friends about it and she said "You get it after I smack you in the face with a frying pan.". Fan-dabby-tastic.

No problem. Whenever you see me using all caps, I'm either impersonating someone who's screaming, or just being stupid in general.

Warlock01
May 19, 2009, 01:27 PM
the latter being the most common :p

LuigiMario
May 19, 2009, 01:42 PM
Three more weeks for reward and Holy Ray/D.

mvffin
May 19, 2009, 01:51 PM
Servers go offline forever.

Calsetes
May 19, 2009, 02:00 PM
the latter being the most common :p

"Thousands of reasons why I'm awesome while simultaneously coming off as a douchebag to defend my non-douchebaggery, thus spurring 50 pages of bickering."

Nah, I kid. I do try to be stupid at times though, sometimes things just need 50 cc's of humor.

Anduril
May 19, 2009, 02:11 PM
We're most likely getting 3* luck for a week, though I would much rather it be an extension for the event rewards by a week or two.

Ruru
May 19, 2009, 02:13 PM
i'm sorry but honestly... do we really need compensation for this?

as i know i am one of the people that are constantly at segas throat any time something goes wrong. i'll admit that this isnt one of the times we should be blaming them for anything. an air conditioner went out.... caused their server structure to crash which made them actually have to get up and work for a change (couldnt resist) and to top it all off people are asking for compensation >.>; its pathetic. they already have to deal with me and the rest of the community that is constantly bashing them but when something goes wrong that they couldnt prevent i dont see why they have to give us compensation for a half day of PSU not working.

as far as what kind of compensation we'll even get. i dont think a week or two of 3☆ luck is anything to get excited or worked up about. since thats what we always get any time someone complains that we need compensation. and even still as it was already stated on these boards. luck does little to nothing in terms of RARZ so who the hell cares?

kyle21
May 19, 2009, 02:32 PM
Yeah.. but we pay to play this game. I'm not saying they HAVE to give compensation, but they realized people lost items when the servers crashed so they're trying to at least give us something in return.

Warlock01
May 19, 2009, 02:35 PM
we dont need compensation, but if they're willing to give it, then why complain about that?

if sega are willing to give us something extra for free, then why say no?
i understand that people asking and complaining for compensation is pathetic, and i completly agree. i think they need to grow up and learn the value of a few dollar's a month for what i have seen, is a pretty well run server on sega's behalf. ok, they have had their up's and down's, but it still works and we still get what is coming! aka the events, updates and new items. i know were months behind the JP server's, but who really cares? its actually a bonus to be behind them as we can see what they get, talk about it,and decide if its worth the investment of our meseta on a player to player basis. if we didnt know what was coming, everyone would be complaining about that too.

so back to the compensation, we dont need it, we dont deserve it, only a hand full of the kids around here complained for it, but if they are willing to give it, my hands are open like everyone else's

stukasa
May 19, 2009, 02:49 PM
stukasa:

I got all that stuff over the course of 4 runs probably 10-15 minutes before the crash, a little over an hr of solo playing. Looks like I got rolled back to my last login the night before. I do know that when I was going to B2 my game just sat there loading for like 2min so I had to just quit the game (PS3) when I tried to log back in it said 'data locked because of irregular log out, try again in 10min' or something similar, then I try again and couldn't connect at all. So it must have started to crash when B2 was loading... I dunno. Just sucks to waste time hunting just to lose everything.
Wow, that *is* weird! When I got dc'ed I didn't get that "data locked" message, I think it just timed out/failed to connect when I tried getting back in. After a few tries I gave up.

I was actually surprised I still had all my stuff since I'd heard several people on PSOW complaining about a rollback. Very weird...

bloodflowers
May 19, 2009, 02:49 PM
I'd be happy if they decide to give us our STD rewards right when STD ends, that would be good compensation, there's no individual rewards this time so I don't see why they need to delay it the customary 2-4 weeks, we've already unlocked everything possible too.

stukasa
May 19, 2009, 02:52 PM
I'd be happy if they decide to give us our STD rewards right when STD ends, that would be good compensation, there's no individual rewards this time so I don't see why they need to delay it the customary 2-4 weeks, we've already unlocked everything possible too.
Why the delay? Because some of us need a break from spamming the event every day nonstop for the past 5 weeks! XD

Calsetes
May 19, 2009, 02:58 PM
Well, there is the sonic disk, the Guardians Colony item, and the Preta they need to give everyone who tried the single player mission, so that might take a bit of time to check over. Then again, I'm not sure how they check it, so they might be able to just give it right away.

Triple_S
May 19, 2009, 04:10 PM
They'll probably pull up all accounts with the flag enabling the first cutscene set to be skipped (hence why they were so specific with that requirement) and give it to them.

Randomness
May 19, 2009, 05:27 PM

Edit: I remember back when everyone wanted Crea weapons. All the rumors about "they're gonna have a nanoblast-like special" or "they're going to be AWESOME when maxed out" and stuff like that. Instead, everyone found out they kind of suck. I don't think the Crea Pluses are too much better, either. Are the swords at least good?

The Crea+ weapons are a mixed bag. Some are good, some are still too weak. My favorite is the twin dagger ones, which are on par with S-ranks. (Which, naturally, makes them awesome because of the extra target)

Halcyote
May 19, 2009, 05:34 PM
I was actually surprised I still had all my stuff since I'd heard several people on PSOW complaining about a rollback. Very weird...
I don't think there was a rollback. While I wasn't doing any missions at the time I logged off, all of my character data seems to be intact. If others have lost items and such, then there may have been some actual data that got lost when the servers went down.

That's my guess.

HyperShot-X-
May 20, 2009, 01:12 AM
frankly, i'm starting to get totally sick n tired of the whole deal about compensation this, compensation that, every single g'damm time we get skrewed over, how about investing on a freakin backup AC unit for the server room so that these shyt mishaps might not ever happen again out of no where, and don't tell little kiddies that they need donation for that. They should have enough left over funds from moving into the new lease with less space than the old building being unused.

WHlTEKNIGHT
May 20, 2009, 01:58 AM

as i know i am one of the people that are constantly at segas throat any time something goes wrong. i'll admit that this isnt one of the times we should be blaming them for anything. an air conditioner went out.... caused their server structure to crash which made them actually have to get up and work for a change (couldnt resist) and to top it all off people are asking for compensation >.>; its pathetic. they already have to deal with me and the rest of the community that is constantly bashing them but when something goes wrong that they couldnt prevent i dont see why they have to give us compensation for a half day of PSU not working.

as far as what kind of compensation we'll even get. i dont think a week or two of 3☆ luck is anything to get excited or worked up about. since thats what we always get any time someone complains that we need compensation. and even still as it was already stated on these boards. luck does little to nothing in terms of RARZ so who the hell cares?
This thred about what the compensation might be as they have announced that there will be some form of compensation.
If it upsets you this much don't log in while the compensation is being implemented.

LuigiMario
May 20, 2009, 07:59 AM

1) No one is asking for compensation.

2) Everyone is predicting what the compensation ANNOUNCED prior to this thread is going to be hence the TITLE of this thread which you so conveniently missed.

3) You shouldn't be talking.

xBladeM6x
May 20, 2009, 08:17 AM
I personally don't believe we deserve compensation. If they want to give it to us then :D. But it's not even like we need it.

Calsetes
May 20, 2009, 08:40 AM
I can see where Ruru's coming from, though - they're providing compensation to what's probably a handful of players who had a glitch happen, whether it's they were still able to play when 90% of the population got booted, they got something right before the servers went down, or something similar to that, and the servers were brought back up (relatively) quickly. It's something that doesn't really require a whole lot of compensation, something more akin to what one of my old coworkers called "magic hour" in Ultima Online - every day from midnight to 1 AM the servers were up, but nothing was being counted or stored (and you got booted at 1 AM, but were able to log back in after a minute or two). You could go and pretty much destroy anything you wanted and have it not be counted when their mini-update-backup-whatever was done. If you got a super-rare good item, then TS, you weren't compensated.

On the other hand, I can see why they should provide something. A lot of people were without their crack fix for the duration, and were practically frothing at the mouth, rabid with anger and willing to knife someone for their fix. A few hours means a lot to some of them.

Definitely a tough call for Sega as to what they're going to do about the whole situation. For me, I'm getting a compensation for finding something else to do Sunday night, going to work like normal (which I think the servers were already up by then), and coming back home to log in and play. However, not everyone lives in my time zone, so I can see how inconvenient it can be. Definitely requires some thought into the matter.

Edit: Just so it's on-topic, it'll be a tiny little itty-bitty meseta for everyone.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
May 20, 2009, 10:02 AM
I'm being compensated for playing Half-Life 2 Episode 1. How nice.

WHlTEKNIGHT
May 20, 2009, 11:43 AM
I can see where Ruru's coming from, though - they're providing compensation to what's probably a handful of players who had a glitch happen, whether it's they were still able to play when 90% of the population got booted, they got something right before the servers went down, or something similar to that, and the servers were brought back up (relatively) quickly. It's something that doesn't really require a whole lot of compensation, something more akin to what one of my old coworkers called "magic hour" in Ultima Online - every day from midnight to 1 AM the servers were up, but nothing was being counted or stored (and you got booted at 1 AM, but were able to log back in after a minute or two). You could go and pretty much destroy anything you wanted and have it not be counted when their mini-update-backup-whatever was done. If you got a super-rare good item, then TS, you weren't compensated.

On the other hand, I can see why they should provide something. A lot of people were without their crack fix for the duration, and were practically frothing at the mouth, rabid with anger and willing to knife someone for their fix. A few hours means a lot to some of them.

Definitely a tough call for Sega as to what they're going to do about the whole situation. For me, I'm getting a compensation for finding something else to do Sunday night, going to work like normal (which I think the servers were already up by then), and coming back home to log in and play. However, not everyone lives in my time zone, so I can see how inconvenient it can be. Definitely requires some thought into the matter.

Edit: Just so it's on-topic, it'll be a tiny little itty-bitty meseta for everyone.The compensation is for more than a couple of lost items, the server's were offline for over 11 hours.
Personally I dont care I was in bed then at work so it didn't affect me at all.

Unit D79
May 20, 2009, 05:27 PM
sega will do whatever sega wants. if they want to give us compensation then let them... but dont forget to yell at them if it sucks :P

pinkace
May 20, 2009, 06:45 PM
but dont forget to yell at them if it sucks :P

Trust me, people on these boards would never forget that.

BlueMan
May 20, 2009, 07:49 PM
I don't see the reason for compensation either. I guess me thinking that is due to me not playing when the servers crashed. But really? Did we receive compensation from the rollback during parum gbr? It's over and done with. Some people should just move on :).

Unit D79
May 20, 2009, 07:56 PM
yeah we got 10 silver coins

come to think of it...

I LOST A DAMN SWEET DEATH! >:O

Overlord Zenon
May 20, 2009, 08:03 PM
in every game its impossible to please all people that play it, sega really didnt have to give out this, true, sure people dont like it when servers have issue, since the data they have took so long to get. some tho shrug it off if they lose something and just get it again, also for the compensation, it maybe a small normal exp bonus, seeing the event aready covers nearly everything else

Tsavo
May 20, 2009, 08:24 PM
Holy Ray/D

lol no. But a man can dream though. A man can dream.