PDA

View Full Version : Lunchtime Fun

Outrider
May 19, 2009, 12:31 PM
Sorry to everybody in a different timezone, but it's lunchtime for me.

Post what you had for lunch (Lunchtime) and the last videogame you played and what you thought of it (Fun).

I'm having leftover penne with vegetables, some breaded chicken cutlet, and two mini frittatas that I didn't eat for breakfast.

The last game I played was TMNT 1989 on Xbox last night. I had fun with it, but it was really surreal, since I mostly played this game as Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II on the NES. I had also forgotten how similar it was to Turtles in Time. But yeah, I had fun.

Good times.

Shadowpawn
May 19, 2009, 01:01 PM
Last game I played was Super Mario World on the Wii with my little sister (who forced me to play with her.) What I ate around lunchtime today was three chesseburgers.

Leviathan
May 19, 2009, 03:10 PM
^Fatass.

Ahem.
I had a spicy chicken sandwich, fries [baked], and a cup of strawberries.

Last game I played was Ace Attorney: Phoenix Wright: Justice For All.

Shadowpawn
May 19, 2009, 03:18 PM
^Fatass.

You hurt my feelings.

*eats a cheesesteak covered in grease*

Leviathan
May 19, 2009, 03:25 PM
Eat your feelings, honey.
Won't bother me none.

Shadowpawn
May 19, 2009, 03:27 PM
*grabs a tub of lard.*

But seriously, those burgers were from McDonalds. You know how small the dollar menu burgers are.

CrimsomWolf
May 19, 2009, 04:27 PM
Lunch?
That was fried, slightly spicy turkey with fries and lemon Nestea for drink.

Last game I played was Ace Combat 6

Leviathan
May 19, 2009, 05:39 PM
*grabs a tub of lard.*

But seriously, those burgers were from McDonalds. You know how small the dollar menu burgers are.

All is forgiven.

Randomness
May 19, 2009, 08:26 PM
Grilled cheese, chicken, peaches, apple turnover. I then went downstairs and they had ice cream sundaes... (At school).

Last game I played... Disgaea on DS. Went and trounced the alternate overlord in the story mission, vassals never showed up. Then reincarnated Laharl and had him still slaughtering everything.

TalHex
May 19, 2009, 08:42 PM
for lunch i had a ham and cheese panini(sp?)

last game I played was FF tactics A2...

Fire Emblem will always be the better tactics game

Randomness
May 19, 2009, 09:08 PM
for lunch i had a ham and cheese panini(sp?)

last game I played was FF tactics A2...

They take drastically different approaches... FE requires meticulous in-battle strategy to survive, FFTA2 offers lots of out-of-battle options, but battles themselves are straightforward.

TalHex
May 19, 2009, 09:11 PM
true... I almost spend more time out of battle preparing then I do in battle...

FE has the lose a character factor

FFTA2 has the laws... ugh... (I hate laws like don't miss, because even if you have a 99% hit rate, you always get that 1% with the don't miss condition, without fail...)

Randomness
May 19, 2009, 09:14 PM
I rarely paid attention to FFTA2's laws... I usually ended up setting Move+ 2, so if I broke them, by that time I was already at the enemy and didn't care anymore.

Volcompat321
May 19, 2009, 09:20 PM
I ate a cat for lunch. He was in my back yard, so I threw down a huge rat trap and caught it and put it on the grill....

TalHex
May 19, 2009, 09:22 PM
I rarely paid attention to FFTA2's laws... I usually ended up setting Move+ 2, so if I broke them, by that time I was already at the enemy and didn't care anymore.

ah, I like the extra materials and weapons you get for obeying them, i don't really care about the bonuses...

although as long as I have a character with Loot Lv.X I shouldn't really even need that

jShazBot
May 19, 2009, 10:14 PM
I had shitty reused Dominoes Pepperoni Pizza that my School serves for lunch.

Last game I played was Guitar Hero World Tour at my friends house on Saturday. (RRoD FTW)

SStrikerR
May 19, 2009, 10:24 PM
I had a turkey sandwhich with sweet potatoes and cranberry sauce. (Seriously wtf school, thanksgiving was in NOVEMBER)

That had better have been from Geno's Shadow

Unit D79
May 19, 2009, 11:31 PM
i had... two slices of cheese... i was out of bread -,-

last game i played was somethin off newgrounds (stupid rrod)

Outrider
May 20, 2009, 11:02 AM
true... I almost spend more time out of battle preparing then I do in battle...

FE has the lose a character factor

FFTA2 has the laws... ugh... (I hate laws like don't miss, because even if you have a 99% hit rate, you always get that 1% with the don't miss condition, without fail...)

Have you played the original Final Fantasy Tactics (or the PSP remake; War of the Lions)? It's drastically better than FFTA. The story is better, the gameplay is less cluttered, and you don't have to deal with any silly laws.

I haven't played FFTA2, so I don't know how the original Tactics ranks against it, but my gut feeling is telling me it's probably not as good as the first FFT.

Randomness
May 20, 2009, 11:08 AM
A2 makes the laws a minor nuisance at worst. Basically, following the laws gives you some bonuses. Breaking it loses the bonuses, and you can't revive chars that battle anymore.

TalHex
May 20, 2009, 02:28 PM
From what I've heard FFT(original) and FFTA are both better then A2... however I have other things that I want to spend my money on right now, so I have yet to try out the other two

so War of the Lions is a remake after all, and not a sequel/prequel? thanks, I had been wondering about that one.

Outrider
May 20, 2009, 04:50 PM
The script is apparently much better in War of the Lions, which is nice. I don't remember having too much trouble with the original Tactics' story, but it appears that the writing in the PSP version is more like actual writing and not the usual "jilted prose" we so often get in video games.

TalHex
May 20, 2009, 04:55 PM
ah, so they basically did with tactics what they did with Valkyrie profile? cleaned it up, made it look prettier and expanded on it a little bit?

Outrider
May 20, 2009, 06:06 PM
ah, so they basically did with tactics what they did with Valkyrie profile? cleaned it up, made it look prettier and expanded on it a little bit?

Eh... I know they redid the script, added in FMVs and added in at least two classes, but it's still the same graphics/campaign/etc.

I don't have a PSP, so I haven't had the pleasure of playing the port myself to confirm, but I think those were the only changes.

Larian
May 21, 2009, 12:00 PM

Shining Force > All!!

I ate a Grilled Chicken Sandwich yesterday for lunch...I'm thinking Tacos today...

And it just so happens the last game I played was Shining Force III...I'm on that one battle in chapter 6 where you have to fight Wilmer...Good times!! =D

PwNeR
May 21, 2009, 12:07 PM
I had fries for lunch today.

Last game I played was Devil Summoner 2.

Outrider
May 21, 2009, 12:44 PM
Playing catch-up:

Yesterday I had ribs, black beans & rice for lunch and yes, it was delicious. The last game I had played at that point was Halo 3 the night before. My roommate and I had downloaded some remakes of Halo 2 maps in Forge, and we were checking them out.

Today:

I'm eating a turkey club sandwich with a pickle spear. The last game I played was Retro Game Challenge last night. I only just got into Ninja Haggle Man, but it's pretty cool so far. It's packed full of nostalgia, and it's working pretty well.

TalHex
May 21, 2009, 02:32 PM
today:
lunch: ham and cheese
game: FFTA2

Randomness
May 21, 2009, 03:12 PM
Today's lunch: Donut, cookie, soup, fries, and chicken.
Last game played: Disgaea again, last night.

Larian
May 21, 2009, 03:27 PM
I in fact did have tacos for lunch today...And I was playing Digimon World Championship! ;o