PDA

View Full Version : AotI Question I would like answered

buzyb77
May 19, 2009, 05:03 PM
I Can' remember or don't know... so please help if you can...

also some of these Questions are not 360 exactly so..oh and some othese QUestions will need to be answered by sega... on why not.

1. Are we getting Innoncent Girl? if not why. (BTW Ruby said that we would back when I got banned for saying that we would not)

2. are we (platform specific) getting the supplmental update? if not why.

3. what is the short, mid, and long term goal for this game? (btw yes I can think of some really true and scarsatic answers)

4. if we are getting the Supplmrtal update what is the ETA?

ashley50
May 19, 2009, 05:06 PM
1. No idea
2. soon...i believe
4. no idea, TBA?

Criss
May 19, 2009, 05:24 PM
1. I think it's likely that we'd get a localized version of the mission at some point, but if we do, it will be modified because of the lack of psp/psu connectivity.
2. Considering that the X360 has a hard drive (or can, lolarcade), I don't see why they wouldn't get it. At worse they'll pull off the same move they're doing with PS2, getting the system update and all the new stuff but reusing current graphics.
3. They'll probably put the final level cap at 200, then keep adding new items/missions/customization options until they move on to the next PS series or remake PSU like they did with PSO when they made Blue Burst. But that's just my guess.
4. Considering all the updates that the JP server got before the Supp Update that we didn't get yet, my guess would be about 6 months or so. I think it would be fair to expect it by xmas. But again, that's only my personal guess.

Golto
May 19, 2009, 07:28 PM
Lol 6 months for the supplemental update try 1 year at the rate we are going if at all.

Criss
May 20, 2009, 01:09 AM
These days I'm not sure what's more disappointing between Sega's poor track record for reliability and the community's pessimism.

Calsetes
May 20, 2009, 09:09 AM
1. I had heard from a press release or something that they were not bringing it out in the non-PC JP servers, but that they still planned on having people get the Whitill Wings and the Vivienne Fluge (the two units that you could get from the mission). Then again, I could have just imagined the whole thing.

2. I'd imagine they would have it available for downoad for 360 people, just maybe not in the game itself (meaning you'd have to go get it from the marketplace, and hopefully for free). Seeing as how you need a hard drive to play the AotI stuff, I don't think that'd be a problem.

3. Like Criss said, they'll have the game up and running until they bring out some other online Phantasy Star game, leave the servers for PSU up for a year or so, then take them down and say something along the lines of "If you wish to continue exploring the world of Phantasy Star, please try our new product."

4. I'd say within the next 6 months, seeing as how we've stayed at the 6-month mark for awhile now. Could be a lot shorter than then, depending on how quickly they work on getting everything else over to us.

darkante
May 20, 2009, 09:51 AM
As much i dislike how SEGA has PSU treated.
If there is a other PS game (hopefully another ORPG), there is still no doubt that i would try that out regardless.

Guess i like this serie way too much to just abandon it all together.

Golto
May 20, 2009, 08:12 PM
To be correct we are at least 9 months behind and we are getting farther behind almost every month. JPN pc/ps2 had their STD start at 6-26-08 lol. Do the math. 9 months behind is being generous on my part.

pinkace
May 20, 2009, 09:45 PM
These days I'm not sure what's more disappointing between Sega's poor track record for reliability and the community's pessimism.

The latter makes the former much worse than it needs to be. I have a stack of Go Varha Nails like everyone else, but reading incessant complaining about it is maddening.

_Vyser_
May 21, 2009, 12:57 AM
Assuming the staff doesn't change, I think we have a good shot catching up in 6-9 (haha, I know...) months. It looks like SoA is finally trying to keep up with these content updates. Need I remind those who were playing a year ago?

goldbrease
May 21, 2009, 01:27 AM
if you mean end game content like other mmos? no there is no massive raids and bosses who will take 12 hours to kill, and no spamming a rare mob for 5 weeks waiting for it to drop a item to activate a quest for a raid boss.

Kazemi
May 21, 2009, 06:15 AM
1. Are we getting Innoncent Girl? if not why. (BTW Ruby said that we would back when I got banned for saying that we would not)
innocent girl is part of one of them alt routes to the story so it needs to be released on regional servers for that route to be completed. chances are that Ruby was confused when it wasn't gonna be released with the US release of PS:P and stated that it wasn't gonna come about. JP got it after the darkness event so it'll likely come then for regional servers, adjusted so that the "transfer" isn't needed to get the prizes (just have to run the mission 10 to 20 times or so).