PDA

View Full Version : Paradi Catract glitched?

Faramir
May 19, 2009, 06:21 PM
got a paradi catract recently and a ps2 user friend has been borrowing it was cruoius is it glitched for ps2 or on STD missions cause during roar of flames he tried it and it freezes him forcing him to log out to be able to move again this recent or something to do with PS2? or any suggestions on what it is?

darthplagis
May 19, 2009, 06:24 PM
PS2 consoles are made of fail, that's probably it.

this is the 1st time ive heard of this though, it could just be a scratched disk

Mizari
May 19, 2009, 10:34 PM
No more so than X360 consoles :-P

But, yeah, your friend might try getting his disc checked out for damage. Many Gamestop-type stores have machines that can buff minor scratches off of game discs, if that is the problem. Also, all of the game servers have been experiencing lag, disconnects, and other fun service interruptions during this event, so it's possible that this might be a server problem as well. Is this something that is just occurring with Paradi? Has he tried using another SUV?

The Overlord
May 20, 2009, 03:53 AM
Hatred, so much on this forum there is.

Powder Keg
May 20, 2009, 06:34 AM

this is the 1st time ive heard of this though, it could just be a scratched disk

Interesting, considering I've seen this happen on PC and 360 as well.

Anywho, I've seen this happen on all three platforms. It can also happen when using the Dam-techs. You don't have to log out, you can just leave the party. (unless in this case you were somehow prevented from going to the menu as well)

Neith
May 20, 2009, 07:26 AM
In the case of being 'stuck' after casting a Dam/Nos tech, one solution (without leaving party) is to get a monster to attack you (get other players to pull one over to you). If you flinch/block, you get forced out of the animation you were stuck in. Of course, if the room is empty, you'd have to quit the party.

Gibdozer
May 20, 2009, 07:30 AM

Its not hatred it's reality, both consoles are junk (from a manufacturing standpoint).

Zarode
May 20, 2009, 07:31 AM

Yeah, truth hurts. Makes a playa hate.

_Vyser_
May 20, 2009, 01:27 PM
In the case of being 'stuck' after casting a Dam/Nos tech, one solution (without leaving party) is to get a monster to attack you (get other players to pull one over to you). If you flinch/block, you get forced out of the animation you were stuck in. Of course, if the room is empty, you'd have to quit the party.

Yeah, I hate it when that happens. Need to be careful when I use rods that have a dam/nos tech on them. >_< Only problem with this is that the person is stuck in the SUV mode (from my understanding), so they can't be flinched XD Just leaving the party should remedy this if you still have menu access.

Mighty B0T
May 20, 2009, 01:38 PM
Never has happened so I couldn't say...

Seority
May 20, 2009, 01:44 PM
Scratched disk?

VertigoZero
May 20, 2009, 02:39 PM
cant say iv ever had it happen. does it happen with nosdiga? i spam that like crazy. as for paradi catract, my CAST has never glitched before while using it. is that common too or is it a 1-100 thing.

_Vyser_
May 21, 2009, 02:58 AM
Any tech that has the ability to hold it (nos-,dam-, megiverse) has the potential to freeze you in that position. If I ever get locked doing that, it's because I switched weapons quickly, and tried using a tech mentioned. Lag has a factor in this too, but it usually involves switching a weapon or techs on a rod (accessing techs 3 and 4) too quickly. I've yet to see this happen with SUVs though.

hunterseifer
May 21, 2009, 03:50 PM
I havent had that happen but ive noticed a glitch when paradi hits more times than its suppose too, only happens at certain area's tho. Like its suppose to hit 5 consecutive times to target but instead hits 7-8 times.stance tends to last longer when this happens

darthplagis
May 21, 2009, 05:50 PM
the only thing of real note i forgot to mention that i have noticed sometimes paradi MISSES!!!!! i think its if a monster hits you just as you cast it seems to miss or just not register properly.

i have had the rod glitch many times too, its not a big deal unless you solo.

and my comment about PS2 (made in jest BTW) was made from experience of both consoles. no flame war intended :P honest