PDA

View Full Version : What do you name your character(s)?

Mizari
May 19, 2009, 10:46 PM
Just curious. Is there an interesting story (or stories) behind your characters' names?

I tried to name mine after real world space-related things:

Mizari Algethi is named for two real stars: Mizar and Ras Algethi.

Laika Zond's name includes references to the old USSR space program: "Laika" was the name of the first Earth creature launched into space, a dog (although she didn't survive her flight :cry: ), and "Zond" was the name of the Soviet manned Moon program (which, incidentally, never actually carried anybody to the Moon). All of Laika's chat shortcuts are in Russian and English ^^

Mimo
May 19, 2009, 11:12 PM
Wow neat thinking! Hmmm mine arent too special, well my main is named 'Mimosa' which is the name of a flower, but it's based on the alcoholic beverage >.< It's pretty much my nickname too :3 'Mimo'

I made my four based off some characters i used to draw, I made a story about a group of five people who had names after drinks. Im still trying to come up with Mimo's story, right now everything is all messy @.@; but its comming along. ^^

Halcyote
May 19, 2009, 11:12 PM
I'm not very original when it comes to my names.

Farore - obviously from the Legend of Zelda games.
Bordeaux (deleted now) - from the .hack//GU series of games.
Raine - sort of based on a character in an old story I used to have, but that was another lifetime, and that name is now common as hell.
Tsumi - means "sin" in Japanese.
Halcyote - asked a friend of mine to think of a name for my new character, and this is what he came up with.

Sinue_v2
May 19, 2009, 11:19 PM
Neika is a combination of Nei and Rika.

NM-3084 is a reference to NM-2011 and NM-1153, as well as PSO's year AUW 3084.

Arisa is named after Alis Landale. Fully, Alis is Alisa - which with the JP L<>R switch is Arisa.

Lyle is named after the first generation prince of Shushoran from Phantasy Star III.

Ecchi
May 19, 2009, 11:38 PM
[WhitexDragon] was originally a character i made to join a clan back on V1 on my first account, Not sure how many ppl know of it but it was KingsKlan >.>;;;;;, Soon after tho i will never join another clan again xD. Zizan is based of a Game i truly adore an old PS1 title the name Xenogears tho I think i messed up on it ohwell may have been seibzan or something its been so long >.>. Ecchi well Ecchi was made due to my own perverted image of a hawt anime chic =D. Geentha well if u have ever seen Mar Heaven, Classic anime btw only an anime geek like myself would know wut it is =D. And the the name Geentha is spelled a bit differently as my first name is in it as well.

Majarra
May 19, 2009, 11:50 PM
Kranz. It started when i was younger me and my friends played PSO. He had a cast named Kranz, which was a yellowboze ID for GC. I was a RAmar and had a pinkal[...]. Shortly I recreated him named kranz. And if I cant think of anything else to name a character its just Kranz. I just like the name alot.

Libram
May 19, 2009, 11:55 PM
Libram
My net name. The only real thing I had signed up for was an email, and that is usually my last name combined with one of my zodiac signs. When I finally decided to sign up for my first forums I didn't want to use that as my screen name, so I thought a little and came up with this.

Libra - Western zodiac
Ram - derivative of sheep/goat for my Eastern zodiac

Combine the two, and you get Libram. LIBRAm - libRAM

Amelia Cronquist
As I said, my first forums I went down as Libram, and I quickly got myself involved in this hokey little RP. It was basically a knee jerk king of the hill game, but I really wanted to get involved with it. I eventually wanted to introduce a second character to use, and at the time I was playing Castlevania: Lament of Innocence. The name Cronquist really struck a chord with me, and I'd always liked the name Amy.

Big Boy
Most of my net time at that time was centered around one site, and I decided to go exploring one day and found a social board with some true RP running around. I wanted to get involved, and I entered a tournament and decided to make a new character. Amy up there is my resident super scientist, so I decided to have her build an android. At first he was a taller machine that was disguised in a human bio-shell, but my opponent was a rather crazy fellow who showed up with his own android dressed as a clown. I think he may have been trying to play the absurd angle, but I one-upped him when Big Boy's rather young emotional matrix took over and tried to hug the clown.

With the story out of the way Big Boy is true to his name, not as some "Hey there, ladies." wannabe stud, but more as a "Mommy, I'm a Big Boy now!" kinda guy.

Lizeht Santoria
This one is really simple. One of my father's sisters is named Lizeth, but for some reason I switched the t and h. I decided I liked it and stuck with that, and Santoria is just some random surname I chose for no good reason.

Akihito
May 19, 2009, 11:55 PM
The name "Akihito" comes from Akihito Komatsu a prince from the "Higashifushima-no-mia" clan under Emporer Meiji's reign.

"Hanami" comes from the japanese term "To enjoy beauty of flowers" ...ya lets just say I was feeling kinda metrosexual when I made the character lol

Deragonite
May 20, 2009, 12:16 AM
Deragonite is named after the pokemon Dragonite.

I named her as such because the spells reminded me of pokemon attack (Razonde = Thunder, Gizonde = Thunderbolt, Foie = Fire blast, Damfoie = Flamethrower, Megid = Shadow Ball, etc. etc.).

BBQ Potato Chips and Moemi were my attempts to create somewhat cute names.

Judgement
May 20, 2009, 12:19 AM
This thread is pretty interesting so I think I'll join in too.
I wanted all of my characters to represent me in some way so I could enjoy all the different playstyles. I have a male human, CAST, and beast, and a female newman.

Troy- My actual name and I made him human and tried to make him look like me. He was an Acrofighter, but I made him an Acrotecher because I like to be versatile and helping out others is what I like to do. This is me when I feel normal.

Judgement- I wanted a name that would signify a cold, hard, calculating, and merciless killing machine and it just came to me. This is the part of me when I meet stupid or rude people and have no patience or sympathy for them.

Trogdor- When I was pledging at my fraternity, the brothers gave me this nickname. Now they call me this whenever I get drunk and loosen up. This is the part of me when I feel like partying and having a good time.

Arcana- I figured I should have at least one female character and I liked the word "Arcane" since I made her a Force and the name just seemed right. This is the part of me that wants to show off and blow up everything in sight with excessive force.

グレッグ
May 20, 2009, 12:28 AM
Bawbag - favourite Scottish word. No-one on PSU knows what it means, and when I tell them, it gets a bunch of laughs. Although I regret calling it now as I wish I had called it something different.

SuXiaozhou - A friend in uni is called this, I think it is such an awesome name.

Oasis - being unimaginative. There is also someone else I see frequently called Oasis.

darthplagis
May 20, 2009, 12:37 AM
my 1st PSU character on my 1st account was called jaguar as my gamer tag was jaguarbassman, due to me just buying a jaguar bass :) and its kind of stuck

my female char name morrigan comes from my sir name, Morrison with morrigan the Irish goddess figure. NOT the capcom dark stalkers vampire :/ (this was also my PSO female name for most of my females with slight variations for section ID)

my casts name came from fire break, i met these guys and we agreed to set up a clan and everyone had to have an afro. well i made the cast but never saw those guys again...... BUT FROBOT in disguise has survived on 2 accounts now and is still one of my favorites to play

and my last one, when i got the ban hammer for grinder glitching, my 1st new char on the account i decided to make a sephiroth clone LOL so one winged angel was born.

darkante
May 20, 2009, 02:38 AM
Well..

Jag vill ha öl - This one is not that though through. At the time of creating him, i imagined him as some kind of hobo Cast that tries every way possible to get more beer, haha. Name translation: "I want beer!" Inspiring right? Lol XD

Silent Sinner - She tries to sound as innocent as she can, but in (virtual) reality..It´s just another way to for her to get what she wants, when she wants it. So thread carefully with her, she is just playing with you.

Time Traveler - This man has seen many sights beyond anyone´s wildest dreams. Also, the most terrifying ones. He change clothes accordingly to the time period and that´s why you might catch him with some strange clothes from time to time as he often seem to forget to switch back to Guardian clothes. The traveling starts to affect his age as well faster then usual so he is a old man.
But his mental power seems to have increased at an unusal rate by time.

Lost Dragoon - Her name is not of an misspelled dragon name. If anyone plays Final Fantasy then you understand my influence.

At an earlier age, she were called Vera Luxraust. But she got amnesia while she battled one mystic warrior unlike anything she ever seen before..her only memory left were a vision of man wielding a Spear with a dragon like armour and a voice saying :"You´re just like me, but a little lost..i think you deserve to know my name..It´s Dragoon M.........."

How she got amnesia is still not known..but she were determined to know the art of the spear as a way to get closer to that mystic stranger and hopefully help her remember who she really is.

In battles, she slaughted many and many and yet she were not satisfied.
The one she does let live is people who can´t fight back and ask them to remember her as the "Lost Dragoon, Battle monster"...and even now years after her very gruesome battles.. she still searches for her mystic stranger..maybe he knows her real identity and can ease her heart.

Overlord Zenon
May 20, 2009, 02:58 AM
not original but more of a role player, most my names are based off other game series,
Galvatron, G1 in appearence leader of the decepticons
Overlord Zenon, the main villian of Disgaea 2
Rozalin, daughter of overlord zenon
and my last slot is one i use to make random characters usually

Neith
May 20, 2009, 07:40 AM
Terra: The name of a Roman Goddess (also known as Tellus). I chose the name because it is connected to the Earth/land, something which in her backstory Terra is always amazed by. So no, I didn't take it from Final Fantasy VI. In fact, I played FFVI after creating Terra on PSO :wacko:

Neith: There's two sources for Neith's name.
- Neith (and Zombie Neith) is the name of the main enemy Orbital Frame in Zone of the Enders.
- Neith is also an Egyptian goddess of war and fertility (so I guess we see why she gets called sexbot in-game :wacko: )

Shiori: Honestly, I just needed a female name. I wanted to make a new character, and was struggling for name, and got suggested this.

Teika: Again, struggling to find a name, I turned to Phantasy Star's past. I took the name 'Rika', and basically combined it with Teika's 'sister's name (Terra). Te + ika = ... I wasn't going to use it originally, but the name grew on me very fast so I stuck with it.

Admittedly picking names isn't my forte.

Calsetes
May 20, 2009, 08:05 AM
Well, my main is named Calsetes, and it's something I came up with out of the blue back when I was in..... probably middle school (a good 13 years ago or so). I just tried for something that sounded greek or latin, just something that sounded old and ancient (since it's also the name of one of my main characters in some stories I've had swimming in my head for a little less than how old the name is).

Two of my alts have their names taken from anime, Nuku Nuku and Eimi. I've seen like two different Nuku Nuku's (only one other though which was a cast gunmaster), but I've never seen a doppleganger Eimi. The third alt just uses a name I saw somewhere and really liked, called Narau (spelled exactly like that, since I know there's Naru which is from an anime). I honestly forget where I saw it though, so go figure.

I have more original names, but since this only gives 4 character slots, and they were the ones I had back on Dreamcast PSO, I just stuck with it.

str898mustang
May 20, 2009, 10:12 AM
Orius - I just googled some Fantasy names and this came up

«Ðà®k Åñg飻 - A Fomarl i had in PSO GC, her name was Dark Angle, i just made the lettering look all weird this time

Megalodon V9.0 - Was watching the discovery channel when I made this char and they had a special on the Megalodon shark. It's a ancient shark back in the Dino days that could swallow a whale shark hole.

YOmap - A FOmar I had in PSO GC. I just came up with the name outta nowhere and put it in the same format at FOmar YOmap, lol.

milranduil
May 20, 2009, 10:43 AM
I've had like 8 characters since v1, but I'll only go into the 4 I have.

Bobby-Kinda just a random name tbh. Not really based off anything in particular as my irl name is Bryan. Idk why some people always come to the conclusion Bobby is my irl name lol

Mireyuna-This is a spin-off of Mirei Mikuna. Not sure why, but she was one of my fav characters in story mode. Maybe it was just her demeanor and how peaceful she was. So, I decided to kind of use her first name as a base then somehow came up with Mireyuna, thought it sounded intriguing and there you have it lol.

Arkarian-Quite straightforward. Taken directly from the Chronicles of Time Trilogy (The Named, The Dark, The Key) after the blue haired, purple eyed fellow. He's very down to Earth, unique, and strong as an individual which I wanted to attempt to show in my character. Still working on a good outfit to suit that lol.

Ginevra-Straight from Harry Potter. This is Ginny Weasley's formal first name, and I thought it would fit my lolicast :D

MasterSpark
May 20, 2009, 11:39 AM
Mwabwetumba - This is from an episode of The Simpsons, where one ambassador Henry Mwabwetumba of the Ivory Coast writes to Troy McClure with a question.

Gretel - The main inspiration for this one is from the Timesplitters series, although I've always liked the name and especially so when it comes to robots!

Siki Eiki - This one's from Touhou.

pinkace
May 20, 2009, 11:49 AM
Boing !! - Back on Dreamcast I was already on like character number 12 or 13 and I wanted a fun character, that just the name would make me and people smile. Then I remembered the Nike commercial for the Nike Shox:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-L-1nfcfvOw

First time I saw it I laughed :D so I made a tiny little HUmar named Boing (blueful), ended up being a premier character.

Pinkace - Self explanatory.

Lucky Pants - Heard the expression on Everybody Loves Raymond and thought it was funny.

Reverend Maynard - This one I won't explain, Tool fans need not wonder :)

EpicLevelWizard
May 20, 2009, 12:01 PM
Loki - my human, named after the norse god of chaos because i play every type on him, most are at 20 and all are past 10

Angel of Chaos - my newman, named because i recreated my newman about 50 times and ran out of girl names and it fits with Loki

Blackheart - my cast, named after the marvel comics character, not the noobtastic/over-rated saber or aura.

Fenris - my beast, named after the primordial wolf god of the same name.

WHlTEKNIGHT
May 20, 2009, 12:10 PM
My cast and beast is whiteknight after my dreamcast name after my uncle's dj alias I think, so long ago now lol
newman Rikku from ff10? not sure
and shiva f cast from some crossword puzzle
My bot is called Nub-zilla because its better to have around then 95% of players I have run into lately

Flay McVar
May 20, 2009, 12:15 PM
Names, names, names...

Tacker McVar - Simply a pen name I've been using since early middle school. Was my first charater here back in the early days when ever single hippie was a pretty boy or a woman. Mustaches ftw.

Johan SilverFox - I made a simple goal. Pick three pretty dam generic names, and make something unique, hopefuly. This was gonna be my break the mold guy. Beast FT. Then 1up came along.. and you know how that went for Techers.

Flay McVar - Unfortunetly created for the purpose of messing with peoples minds. I made Flay to have a sister for this supposedly now shared account (catch the drift yet?) I just got Flay from a character I've been working on for a bit.

Stream - Its a cast. It has lazors.

stinkyfish97
May 20, 2009, 12:22 PM
Alacard- well, yes I know how it is supposed to be spelled, but I was very drunk when I first picked this game up and popped the disk in. There on after as a joke I named all my characters Alacard but my original is a male human.

tadtwisted
May 20, 2009, 12:44 PM
Queen-Bee (Newman) Because she is the queen of all forces

Locutus of Borg (Cast) Star trek

Lucian (Beast) Underworld (Transforms into a werewolf)

Xena (Human) T.V. show

Akaimizu
May 20, 2009, 01:16 PM
Tynselle Nbareh. <-- Actually a made-up name based on the backstory of the character. The surname (lastname) was basically a name design based on some localized African constructs. Certain civs use naming conventions where *spelled in latin letters) contain no vowels between certain consonants. This is because the sound inbetween the consonants is implied by trying to pronounce them together. I wanted an anime-styled character that nobody needed to discuss what race she was (as many seem to do once the anime character has darker skin), so I especially went for something stemmed from african ancestry. The link to Bantu speaking civs comes from her father, named Katlego. The first name was decided upon right afterwards as the game was released for the christmas season. So I wanted her birthday to be not long afterwards, 12/21 (a palindrome of dates just before christmas was the decision) so I named her after something that is a famous tree decoration. This is because, I figured her mother would name her something very date-related and pick something from the season in which she got the miracle of a daughter at the right time. Tinsel became Tynselle as the latter added a feminine touch to the spelling. (Of course, as with most of my main characters, she breaks a numerous amount of stereotypes, and with the proper background to do so).

Mufonna Tigre - Probably the most pretentious name I ever put together. The name came simply because she was a beast folk. Tigre from Tiger, noting the kind of feline trait. Mufonna, also from the same. I basically took the name Mufasa from Lion King and mixed it with Donna (as in Prima-donna) (made sure it started with Muf and ended with the 'ah' sound in 3 syllables) and Mufonna was born. That way, I could still say, "Mufonna!!" and send chills down Whoopie Goldberg's spine. :) :)

Stints - The name was put together back when I made Tynselle's backstory. He's from the story and I brought him out of retirement into the game. I wanted a simple stage name, for a Cowboy wannabe, that was fitting and sounded right for the character. I also wanted it to be used as a single name without a surname. I toyed with other existing names people are called, but they somehow didn't quite fit with the old rustic cowboy motif. So I modified names like "Styles" to "Stints". And yes, he really has a full name, but nobody calls him anything but Stints.

Sha Sha
May 20, 2009, 01:25 PM
Melissa - She was created as a RP account with my Friends Louie so we are from the anime Louie the rune solider .
Tassja (deleted to make Melissa) My IRL nick name is Tassja
Marron- I have been using Marron for years I picked it outta an old baby name book when i was young >< really young. now people think i get it from bakuretsu hunters/ sorcerer hunters
Tsukuyo Suzu- half of tsukuyomi which was a shinto god (i think). Suzu was the name of one of my FOnewm a long time ago and tsu is a combonation of both characters
Roxel Xenova- Roxel is Axel and Roxas together that one of my friends metioned one day and i liked it for a female character and i didnt even know it was from kingdom hearts till recently. Xenova was a name my ex-boyfriend used with his everquest two characters and he was there when i created her. people think its off zenova from FF7 but iT ISNT! >< i dont even like ff7 D=
Shagami- My stupid mispelling of Shinigami. I been using it since 1998 for one of my main characters from my own storylines.

Mighty B0T
May 20, 2009, 01:39 PM
Well,for this character in the beginning he was small and very slim,so I named him Mighty B0T as a sarcastic way of describing how he looked.
For Mizuki, me and Mia Ritz thought it'd be cool to have a character in Japanese hiragana so thay how she got the name.{btw,I don't speak a lick of Japanese)
For Lady Deathic thought it'd be funny to have a CAST that was made by Kubara so thats how she got the name.
And for Can O' Whoopass he's tall and stout so Can O'Whoopass seemed to fit him :P

DreXxiN
May 20, 2009, 01:46 PM
I actually made up my name by you know...THINKING UP A NAME.

But yeah, DreXxiN was a green hedgehog I used to draw back in the day that started off with Drax, went to Drex, and..Not really sure how the IN came into play.

But yeah, created it when I was 10, And I think it's cool, and Sonic was the shit.

Lyzael is the "family name" of the close people in my old guild. So it came out Drexxin Lyzael, which is 100% Original.

I made Lyzael Guardian as an excuse to be a CAST pretty much and...Charles!...Juggernaught..etc..Never expected to actually play it, but just messing around on it alone seems to have made me near cap, lol.

Seority
May 20, 2009, 01:53 PM
Seority- A name I made up myself, and use as my usual ign. Has no specific meaning.
Seority Lyzael- Char created for the Royalz clan in the Lyzael family. The Royalz was a popular clan back in PSO days.
Lady Taniko Takashi - (Only name I took from another source.) From my favorite book, Shike by Robert Shea. This character is a co-main character. She is forced between all the high powers from Japan, to China, to the Mongrols of China, and later on, has huge effects on Japans history.
Opurnum- Name I came up with for my first PSO character. I'd describe it as the color that is half navy blue, and half violet. (Aka, her hair color.)

Lyon-O
May 20, 2009, 02:35 PM
Lyon-O (Beast) From my favorite Cartoon growing up just spell different
Razor (Cast) Couldn't think of a name and I had a Razor in my had at the time
Odin (Human) From the First Phantasy Star Game
Rune (Neuman) from an old comic book

PALRAPPYS
May 20, 2009, 02:42 PM
Hm, name threads. Let's go over this stuff then.

Lan Katana:
To this day, only one person has found on where I got the name Lan. It's not original but I like it a lot, so I took it. (If you can find out where I got it from, you can has cookies!) Katana is based off of when I had Lan in PSO as a HUmar who used the T-J Sword.

Aura Katana:
Aura was made during MAG when I wanted an Aura Field. Yeah, she uses one. Katana is based off Lan Katana; Role-playing elements and stuff. She is Lan's sister.

Malsa Powers:
One day I was eating salsa and wanted to make a FOnewearl in PSO. I couldn't think of a name so I took Salsa and switched out the S to an M, because my name starts with an M. Powers was from a complicated series of RP elements, and I made it that name in PSU, whereas in PSO it was simply Malsa.

srewoP hsaD:
Dash Powers spelled backwards. Dash Powers is the name of one of my brother's characters, and I had a fun time playing as his character one day so I just used it backwards... as for the Dash part, I dunno. Powers here is another complicated series of RP elements, where Dash is Malsa's husband. Sounds corny, doesn't it?

:)

Kylie
May 20, 2009, 02:52 PM
Kylie -- it's my real name.

Elle -- it's one my nicknames as well as the user name I went by on the MMO I played before PSU, Resident Evil Outbreak, so I should explain why I decided to use it there. Well, it's one of my nicknames in real life like I said. Not many people call me it, but the ones that do do it because my middle name is Janelle. Plus, I used to be obsessed with Elle Driver in Kill Bill. Honestly though, I just like how it sounds.

Libra -- it's my astrological sign (is there a trend here?). I planned for this character to be an AT, and I felt like I needed a name that seemed somewhat mystical. Well, the stars are mystical, and I like how Libra sounds.

Stud -- this one was for fun. I'd always wanted a male character, but I could never settle on a name. I had tried Warren and Parker, and then I decided to just give him a name that would never go out of style. That way I could continue to change his name as much as I wanted to. :-P But if I were to name him today, it'd probably be Kyle to play into the theme I used to name my other characters with.

stukasa
May 20, 2009, 02:57 PM
Stukasa is the name I use on almost every forum I visit so I named my first character "Stukasa" to be easily recognizable to anyone from PSOW (or any other forum). I got the name by mixing around different parts of my real name. Contrary to popular belief, it is not a misspelling of Tsukasa!

Stukasa-chan is the name of a character from a manga series I drew who happens to share the same name as me, with a '-chan' tacked on to differentiate between the two.

Aki comes from an online test I took called "What's your Japanese name?" (or something like that). I kind of liked it and happened to need a name for my CAST, so...

Akasha means "sky" in Hindi (she's a really tall Beast) and also refers to "aether," the fifth element and the basis/essence of all things in the material world. Besides its meanings, I just liked the way the name sounded.

Ezodagrom
May 20, 2009, 03:22 PM
Johana is based on my little sister name, Joana. ^^

Blune...well, she's a blue cast...xD
On PSO used to have a RAcaseal named Blune v4, it was just an easy way to get the section ID I wanted, using the number in the end.

Ezodagrom...my nickname and last name backwards o.o;
ze = ez, morgado = odagrom.

Luppi...no idea...wanted to have a Blueful FOmarl on PSOBB, but was having trouble getting a good name for that section ID. ._.
A name that I remember from a long time ago, when I was little...Lupin...looks like it was a novel character or something dunno why, but that name got stuck in my head. o.o
Luppi name maybe was based on that name....or maybe it was just based on bleach... >_>;

hyperacute
May 20, 2009, 03:30 PM
I've had characters called diZZy (the weird capitalisation was originally to get a Redria ID) on most versions of PSO and now on PSU. It's based on my long suffering girlfriend's nickname with some letters switched out.

Nemi is the name of a rather cynical goth cartoon character from the Metro newspaper. Somewhat like a female version of me in my youth :wacko:

Juno is named after a synthesiser (SH101 would have been a crap name) and Cinnamon is named after a spice. So far, so dull XD

All my PMs are cool though, they're named after varieties of chili.

soolayah
May 20, 2009, 03:39 PM
tsumtsum - partially from Life of Pi by Yann Martel: the cargo ship that's supposed to take Pi, his family and the zoo animals to Canada was called tsimtsum or something like that. I just thought tsumtsum sounded funny.... kinda like zoomzoom.

soolayah - sounds funny as well. I think an old friend claimed it was my name out of the blue on msn years ago. I've use it pretty much everywhere online since. No idea where she got it from... I never asked until a couple of years ago. But she'd forgotten all about it. >:

mnioomi - was trying to come up with a cute-ish funny sounding name for my third fat char. moomins are fat and lovable... so it's pretty similar.

grk - some PSU npcs say it when theyre poisoned... it sounds funny. I also like to think he's a discontinued typo failure model from the grm cast factory.

I also used to have:
qwerty - best name ever if you're too lazy to come up with anything.
qwonk - wanted somewhat matching names. Sounds funny (boy, am i repetitive <_<).

GeekRuler
May 20, 2009, 03:43 PM
Assassin - I named my first character in PSO Assassin and made it a very girly Hunewearl, basically she was named Assassin because of the whoduthunkit name.
Yura - Saw too many people named Yuna so I switched the 'n' to an 'r' and thus Yura was born.
Burst - Seeing as I had a character named Assassin and there is a rifle called Assas(s)in, I named my next character Burst the next rifle up.
Tsubomi - I think I saw that Tsubomi means literally "blooming flower" whether I'm wrong or not doesn't matter at this point, it sounds pretty.

[TLB]Konda
May 20, 2009, 03:45 PM
[TLB]Konda because of that clan that I've been in since back when I played PSO that and Konda was based off of my favorite MTG card.

Afro Thunder
May 20, 2009, 03:49 PM
Afro Thunder. Came up with that name because i knew i was going to make a Force type character and i knew he was going to be black. Throw in the hair now he has a gimmick

Trey_Winters
May 20, 2009, 03:51 PM
Trey Winters: Pretty much the name I use all the time now. I live in a cold climate, and I like the cold, hence the Winters part, and I've always felt the name Trey was sleek and flowing enough to make it sound good.

Vanessa Frost: I like the letter V a lot for some reason, so I went with Vanessa. Frost, well, same as above really. I also felt it had kind of a "British spy" ring to it.

Cheyenne Noir: Not to call Beasts "dogs" or anything, but Cheyenne was a play on the French word for (female) dog, Chienne. I was also sort of obsessed with the colour black, and sticking with the French theme, I gave her the French word for black, Noir.

Dragonfly: I couldn't come up with a name While making a CAST, 'til I came across the head with the dragon helmet, and immediately got the inspiration to name him Dragonfly.

Musekaze
May 20, 2009, 03:59 PM
Kao Ichihara - Named after my Naruto fan character (yes, kill me). Turns out me throwing some random syllables together made actually words. Kao- Person's face, Ichi-one (ichi, ni, san, shi, go, roku, nana, hachi, kyu, jyu, jyu-ichi... :P), Hara-field. As it turns out there's another player on this game who has the same last name.

Falco MK. III - named from my PSO GC RAcast. When I shared an acct with my brother I had Falco MK. II, so now he's MK. III

Julia Cruxis - I like the name Julia and i was replaying Tales of Symphonia at the time.

Kaze - Japanese for "wind", a shortened version of my long-time online name "Musekaze" which is "silent wind."

DarthLasek
May 20, 2009, 04:11 PM
Lasek, last name of my favorite skateboarder at the time (1999 for first PSO) and sounded cool for a CAST.....
DreamCAST, pun intended....named after the best system of the 20th century and well, because he is a CAST lol

Yueri
May 20, 2009, 04:20 PM
Yueri - Since the days of PSO. Similar to "Yurei", which my PSO character resembled.
I've just gone with the name ever since.

Grando - Although my brothers, the name was inspired by the game/name Grandia.
Desperate or really having no clue which name to chose, he saw Grandia 2 on my desk and just went "Grando..!".
It just happends to fit so well since he's the max height and just the way his personality goes...

Anduril
May 20, 2009, 04:53 PM
Noland: Started as Anduril, after my PSO character, who was in turn named for that sword from LotR, but then I decided that I wanted a name-name, so then I went with Sven. After a few hours I thought "Sven is a stupid name" (no offense to anyone named Sven), so then I thought and chose the name Roland. I felt it didn't sound right, so I thought over names that were similar, and ended up with Noland.

Kayla: She was going to be Arwen like my PSO FOnewearl, but again I decided I wanted a non-fantasy name for her. Kayla is just a name I have always liked, so I picked that.

Keighlah, Kailah: Basically named them both Kayla, just with different spellings. I didn't feel like being too creative.

Triple_S
May 20, 2009, 05:10 PM
FAILcast: He's a Cast who makes stupid jokes and then laughs at them. Wee. Came up with the name out of nowhere.

Syl: Short for Sylvia. Named after an RP character I came up with. You'll notice that when playing as her, I won't swear or even get annoyed at people/tell them off. Syl is extremely nice.

Hyoo-man: Ah, furries, you're so silly.

Pink Bat Maxine
May 20, 2009, 05:19 PM
I tend to give my Phantasty Star characters names from the comic book series Legion Of Super-Heroes. It's about kids from planets all over the galaxy coming together to be a team, so the names are alien and interesting to me.

Puppet_Papaya
May 20, 2009, 05:22 PM
Ramona - Came from several places. At the time one of my favorite bands was The Ramones (everybody goes through a Ramones phase). I decided to steal Ramona Flower's first name from "Scott Pilgrim" (everybody should go through a Scott Pilgrim phase!) because it sounded like a femenine version of Ramones. Her last name, however (which I didn't put in game) is Dunwich, from H.P. Lovecraft's "The Dunwich Horror" which is also referenced in one of my favorite films of all time "Armitage the Third". Also, Dunwich rhymes with her nickname Gunwitch. Ramona "Gunwitch" Dunwich!

LiLiCA - My PSO character since Ver1 DC

Alphonse MKII - Originally Alphone Elric from FMA. I recently remade him to be MKII becuase I don't reeally like re-creating characters from other media. Also, I only RP'd with him once or twice.

Myrtle - Tom's mistress from 'The Great Gatsby". I always liked her. She was so innocent but took so much guff!

Zorak000
May 20, 2009, 05:31 PM
Zorak
Zorak
Zorak
Zorak

I wanted to confuse the heck out of anyone trying to come to my room. Also, for further confusion, I made all my characters the same height and gave them similar hairstyles. although the similarities end there.

Funkbuda
May 20, 2009, 06:03 PM
PoorManStyle - Title of one of my favorite reggae songs from Barrington Levy

I only have one character. Just started playing when they had the easter event. (So i'm a PSU virgin of some sorts)

System-Id
May 20, 2009, 06:28 PM
Most And All My Names Come From Xenogears.
Best RPG ever made though its for PS1 :)
Id is the main character's Split Personality
Id is his Chaotic and Powerful side :)

AlphaDragoon
May 20, 2009, 07:16 PM

Indeed, I know about this. But then again, I'm of the mindset that if you like RPGs, owned a PS1 and didn't play Xenogears then you need to be slapped, but hey. :-P

As for my characters:

Renault - At first his name was just Ren back in PSO, but I gave him a "full name" and made Ren the nickname. Basically, I just like the name.

Ark - Also a name I used in PSO.

Clair - Means "light" in French. Since I had Renault already (also a French name) I thought it'd be cool.

Brenna - Name of one of my brother's made up characters.

Overlord Zenon
May 20, 2009, 11:21 PM
PSO:
Zero: from megaman X
Sephiroth: who hasnt made one of him at one time?
Optimus: Had to cause of the cast color option it gave us.
Sonic: A cheated character file so i can load the hunter as sonic the hedgehog

on the PSU Demo:
Albedo: Main villian of Xenosaga

mvffin
May 21, 2009, 07:35 AM
on my PC account:

Mylla - After the PB in PSO
Viridia - Again, PSO
Lucca- from Chrono Trigger

360:

Skyly - PSO dmf;lkdsh, also, color coded. I almost always wear blue
True Villain - named after one of my best runmates during firebreak, True Hero. I modeled her to look exactly like TH looked at the time.
Violent Violet- Dunno why I like color coded characters.
Mistress Vulcana - Again, color coded.

xBladeM6x
May 21, 2009, 07:45 AM
Because since I was like 3, and making profile names on games, I would always use "Blade" for some reason. I guess I just liked the way it sounded, so I use it to this day. ^^;

KunoTatewaki
May 21, 2009, 10:32 AM
My characters as followed:

Xellos- Now that, is a secret ^_^ jk (Slayers anime)
Kuno- Ranma 1/2
Xanatos- Gargoyles tv show
Golgo 13- Golgo 13

Ecchi
May 21, 2009, 11:24 AM

I agree 100% =D

RadiantLegend
May 21, 2009, 11:27 AM
Aim is my initials

LegendAim

RadiantAim

LordAim

DemongirlAimee - girly version of Aim i guess

Zipzo
May 21, 2009, 11:44 AM
It's almost embarrassing when I go back and remember how I started using this name.

It was in the year 2004(5?) when I started playing WoW, and I was naming my character. I was a Paladin at first I thought what would be a cool name involving...dragons or something. I liked dragons because I had taken a huge liking to the Dragon type of Pokemon back when that was hip. Lance was the dragon master in the elite four from Pokemon, and I thought Lance would be a really stupid name for a Paladin. The dragon master in ruby/sapphire's name was Drake. I thought it'd be lame to copy cat, so I mispelled it purposefully and it has stuck to this day with almost every name I ever make for everything, lol.

Shivah
May 21, 2009, 01:32 PM
Eris - The godness of chaos from greek mythology
Nëssa - Long time ago, I did a test: "What' your elven name?" And mine was Nëssa Tinúviel. I liked it, so I used it :P
Naethda - Name of a character of my invention, Naethda Fonawn.
Naoki - Taken from DDR series. DJ Naoki's songs are my favourite :P

gum_on_shoe
May 21, 2009, 01:36 PM
I like to keep a theme.

In PSO I used (names from Saber Marionette J)
Lime
Chery
Bloodberry

And in PSU I used Different versions of "Tessa"
Tessa
Teletha
Teresa
Tesla

DEM_CIG
May 21, 2009, 02:13 PM
Ummm, my 1st one was named Cig... which isn't short for cigarette... Cause I'm God, lol. Seraph was my next one... which is Angel. My 3rd was Kotomi, just becaus I like the name, and my last 1 was Calamity, just because I like the definition of the word and it sounds nice.

ChronoTrigga
May 21, 2009, 02:35 PM
In order of appearance since PSO's debut on the Dreamcast....

Celes
Selendrile
Dark Hucast
ChronoTrigga
Seripa
Handsock
Hiro Nakamura

Delete
May 21, 2009, 03:20 PM
My name is Delete, who would of thought, and the name comes from destroying everything on the planet. Slashing trees in half and blowing cars away. Shooting laser beams and vanishing stuff. Oh, and it comes from a computer button ^^.

hunterseifer
May 21, 2009, 03:30 PM
First char: Seifer, named him that b/c FF8 was the first game I played from FF series and my favorite. I didnt use squall b/c I knew alot of ppl would use that name, and I was right. Was also my char from PSO GC.
alt: Bliss, one of PSO GC chars, thought would be a great name for a female char on a MMO, even better for a techer.
alt: matt, my friend made this char on PSO GC and is named after him, he stopped playing but his char was still on my card, anyway I remade him on PSU.
alt: Uryuu Ishida, from bleach and was pretty cool. Then I discovered GT and bows suck on this game so now a AF. When supplement update comes I'll probably go back.

sovalou
May 21, 2009, 03:36 PM
Sovalou- came from a classic shooting game also known as xevious. He was made to symbolize balance among my characters.

Gnade- A racing company from ridge racer. The brand of cars they made interested me and was a perfect fit for my racing style. She was made to play the job i like the most with least amount of effort.

Grenalde- another ridge racer team, and probably one of the first brands of cars i ever played with in my entire racing carreer. She was made to be my backbone if anything ever became to hard to overcome, you could say more like "old reliable".

Makoto - japanese restaurant, and a remake of my PSO character. >_>

Darki
May 21, 2009, 03:42 PM
Aura -----> Is the name of my beast Wartecher, and it's also the name of the main character of a manga I'm developing. In the manga story, Aura is a girl who can turn into some kind of monster and with great magic abilities, so as my main PSU character was a beast (blast = transformation) and a Wartecher (WT = magic) I named her after the character.

Darki -----> This is the nickname my online games and role playing friends call me, so as this was intended to be my real "main" character (till I realized I liked Aura more), so I used it. The nickname has a long story, but originally it is an abreviation from Dark Mousy, main character of the manga D. N. Angel.

Crimson ---> This one was the hardest because I wasn't really sure about it. Red is a color I like a lot and also I wanted to reflect some kind of blood-like attitude, so I chose this name for my CAST female. Actually it notes the color of her eyes.

Darkie Peanuts -> My male CAST that was originally created as a joke character. I did it copying a friend's CAST called Frankie Peanuts. His name comes from a Magic: The Gathering card from one of the two fake blocks (Some kind of elephant guy). So, I called mine after a mix of Darki and Frankie peanuts. xD

And that's all. ^^

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
May 21, 2009, 03:45 PM
Carmilla- Forgot how to spell the name of Dracula's neice from Castlevania: Circle of the Moon so I went with this. Also I managed to find this little link ( http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20081027041526AAqEi7Z ). Fantastic...>.<

Reimu: Named after Reimu Hakurei from the Touhou series. Nuff' said.

Volcompat321
May 21, 2009, 03:49 PM
Sieno-cause it sounded interesting enough, never seen or heard of the name before
J5B-10- cause Johnny 5 is alive! (with a few extra letters & numbers)
Enzylon-2- me and 2 friends made female casts in the 1up cup and just went with that name, sadly I'm the only one of us 3 that still play :(
Rossiya- means Russia. I'm in love with the country.

gundam0079
May 21, 2009, 05:46 PM
In order of appearance from PSO GC > PSOBB > PSU
GC
Alexa - female HuCaseal ( name of first girl i liked)
PSO BB
Gundam0079 - Male HUCast ( was a huge fan of the series and thus become all online usernames etc, also favorite Gundam Series 0079 :D )
Gundam0079 - male RAcast ( same thing just needed a gunner)
PSU
Haseo - male cast ( from the .hack// series when they first launched way back when, only cast version of this name and think the oldest one as well)
Alkaid - female cast ( just made this character today, needed a name it came to mind, same series)
Kite - male human ( from the original .hack series early 2000's)
Rose - female newman ( just needed a name and roses are beautiful and dangerous at the same time)

Pwincess
May 21, 2009, 07:16 PM
Pwincess: My gamertag
Ashlie: My real name.

Nothing too exciting. >_<

thunder-ray
May 21, 2009, 07:19 PM
ARNOLD-Male Cast (I based him off the Terminator series. I made him A story line as being the first Terminator that is a close combat fighter created by cyberdyne.)

ARNOLDII-Male cast (Again based off the Terminator series. Hes The brother unit of my first Terminator, however he doesnt do melee. Hes A heavy assault expert designed to do fire support for his brother unit also created by cyberdyne.)

Arnold-Beast Male (Named him after me)

HEY ARNOLD-Male newman (I based him off my fav tv show I used to watch before it got canceled ><).

Itachi1990
May 21, 2009, 08:09 PM
Mine are all from animes...
Itachi-Naruto
Roy Mustang-Full Metal Alchemist
Yachiru Kusajishi-bleach
Terror Of Death-Hack G.U. AKA haseo

Aeris
May 21, 2009, 08:39 PM
Two of my chars are based off from FFVII since i liked playing the game long ago when i had it, other two is random names i made up, donno if they are based off anything.

BFP13
May 21, 2009, 09:48 PM
I first named my character BFP13, but I looked at baby names and considered a real name for my character. I had to make it appropriate for my newman force character.

First Name: Menw - Celtic origin (meaning: great wizard)

Last name: Ailey - Irish origin (meaning: light)

I know the origins are a little mixed up, but it was hard to matching origins. But thinking about this has made me consider naming other online game characters in this way.

Konjiki-Kitsune
May 22, 2009, 11:09 AM
Well, here they are.

Konjiki (F Beast): From my GT Konjiki Kitsune.
Kitsune (F CAST): Again from my GT.
Severa (F Newman): Pulled the name out of my head. I wanted a fantasy sounding name because she was destined to become a Techer.
*chibi* Kuroi (F CAST): She was originally made for a clan that never really lasted, but I decided to keep her because I liked what I did with her. Kuroi means black in Japanese (or so my friend tells me anyways) and her color scheme is all black.

Nothing to interesting really. :P

Sinuhé
May 22, 2009, 11:25 AM
Sinuhé (Human male): From Mika Waltari's novel "The Egyptian" main character
Brahms (Beast male): From the classical music genius...also from Brahms from Valkyrie Profile
Jehuty (CAST male): From egyptian mythology, the alternate spelling of "Toth" (ok fine, maybe more because of the main Orbital Frame from Zone of the Enders 1 & 2)

Shinko
May 22, 2009, 11:33 AM
Well all my characters are name from characters I created in my stories I write. (And draw at times)

Cela Sakura - Big Universal story with her. Too long to explain

Scarlin - She's the mascot character for any of my stories (how mario nintendo's mascot) I really dont have a story for her yet.

Seon - There's two didn't Seon's in two different stories of mine. One's pronounce See-eon and the other is pronounce shawn. So he can be either of them. Both of them is partly like me so it can also be me xD (That's also my nickname... Prince Seon)

Dragwind
May 22, 2009, 01:47 PM
Every character I've made in either PSO or PSU, I have either a small background, or a full blown fanfic for them.

Fhin
May 22, 2009, 02:03 PM
My turn then. ^.^

Fhin Vallaux: When I started playing PSO a few years ago I thought about a name a all of the sudden this name "Fhin" came in my mind and I couldn't think of another so I went with this and I still love it and will love it. <3

Reiko Kisaragi: hmm nothing special ^^

Miyu Brunel: hmm also nothing special ^^

Yeah nothing special at all but when I get a name in my head it stays there until I create the char. ^^

Puppet_Papaya
May 22, 2009, 05:02 PM
Every character I've made in either PSO or PSU, I have either a small background, or a full blown fanfic for them.

I do this too. I even make sure that my stories are intertwined with the stories of my brothers' and sister's characters. OCD! (and if they don't come up with stories, I do it for them!)

Also, @Konjiki-Kitsune. I think "kuro" is black in Japanese.

Sharkyland
May 22, 2009, 08:05 PM
PSUPC:
Pink Mag - Well, she is now the heroine in my PSU comic. She's a lot older than how she appeared in PSO. Apparently, I'm still getting comments about being misspelled "Pink Mage', and I just tell them they never played PSO.

Xirtam - Xirtam is the carefree idiot cast in my PSU comic that has a split personality to become a killing machine named... 'Matrix"

Seriri - Borrowed from the game Puyo Puyo. She is the mermaid, but she is a beast in this comic.

Cecilia - (some human)

Zeek123
May 23, 2009, 07:39 AM
Oooh ooohhh I wanna play!
Zeek is my main. I made him way back when PSO drew breath. Whitill RaCast. Actually, the name was Zeek with a few spaces at the end so I could get that ID. Anyway, it is the only character with any 'slight' originality to it that I've made. I got the name from an anime I watched a long time ago called Zoids: Chaotic Century. He was this little robot dinosaur thing, and I liked the name.
My other characters are... well, kinda lame actually. They're just Zeek, boggled.
Ezek: My newman
Kez'e: My beast
And Keez: My human.

Noblewine
May 23, 2009, 08:21 AM
Noblewine healing item from .hack//
Keldric and Niccolo characters from Seiken Densetsu
Contra NES Classic

Alnet
May 23, 2009, 09:12 AM
Alnet is me, and I am him. Well, that is, my name is Alnet, but "Alnet" is also the name of one of the main characters in a story I've been working on for about as long as I've been alive (this was before I started calling myself Alnet - that's not my birthname~). Dunno whenever I'll get around to finishing it. Any time I get an idea for a story, I end up making a character named Alnet to suit the universe. Is it narcissism?

Komugi is named after my favorite anime character Nakahara Komugi (awaits the usual flaming of people naming their characters after anime characters). Fortunately for me, the vast majority of people have never seen nor heard of The SoulTaker, so I don't have to deal with the same kind of looking-down-your-nose-at-characters-based-on-anime-characters nonsense that Naruto, Cloud, and Goku characters do.

Magical Maid Koyori is my second favorite anime character, infinitely more popular than my first favorite simply because she has a larger bust size. Well, whatever. She made her introduction as an unnamed character in a fake movie commercial for "The SoulTaker The Movie," where she had brown hair and green eyes, but when she actually appeared in Nurse Witch Komugi (comedic spinoff of The SoulTaker that became incredibly popular in Japan but not so much here), she had blue hair and blue eyes. I'd planned to make her as Kokubunji Koyori, but I eventually decided that taking the villainous route as the Magical Maid would be more exciting.

Valvalion
May 23, 2009, 10:26 AM
Tripping Contact V2 - Tripping Contact was my favourite track from Beatmania IIDX Distorted. My first male CAST I just named Tripping Contact, he was my first ever PSU character. However to make way for others, I deleted him and started again with a female cast, thus naming her V2.

Pluto Relinquish - DDR Supernova 2 song.

Valvalion Sky - Valvalion is a general internet alias of mine, taken from Gunstar Heroes. I wanted to make it into a character name and thus used the Sky surname that i've used for a few roleplaying characters over the previous few years.

Sarianna Sky - Sarianna was the nickname of someone I used to know on IRC when I was about 16. I was always very fond of the name so just wanted to use it on another character.

The_Brimada
May 23, 2009, 11:27 AM
I've been using Brim in my names since who knows when and it derives from brimstone obviously.

However Brimmy was a nickname given to me by many which is where the beast char brimmy came from.
For Brimada, I was playing SoA(skies of arcadia) and saw the Armadas there so when I created my caseal on PSO I decided to name her Brimada (combining Brim and armada- meaning brim's one droid Armada and such).

Brimoro also derived from SoA because I first remade the character named Vigoro from the game, but wanted to put my own twist on it. Thus, Brimoro was born.

Genoa
May 23, 2009, 12:06 PM
All my character names (on PSO and PSU) are named Special K
Why?
Because :confused:
You like my reason?

xgp
May 23, 2009, 12:21 PM
WOW THIS IS COOL

X.G.P. from out law star the rl name of the ship its all so my gamer tag for all the games i play it stared in Armored Core i was tiring to find the right combo of parts that i cud ues for the weps i uesd and that was big guns on back and melee on my arms and xgp stands for extreme grappling performis so that what i uesd and it jast stuck

roll from megaman XD lol i love mega plan and siple

inhert from ZOE inhert was so bad ass in that game

A.D.A. from ZOE was jast cool lol

JanosA
May 23, 2009, 12:35 PM
My male CAST, D-x2n, is named after one of my favorite super hot doulble humbucker guitar pickups, the Dimarzio x2n. Excellent pickup for metal.

My female CAST, cerith, is named after a type of saltwater snail. I am a saltwater hobbyist.

Hatemachine
May 23, 2009, 07:38 PM
Got a Beast Acrofighter named Onikaze aka Devil/demon wind in japanese (I think not sure but sounded cool anyway.

A cast Protranser Named Godzilla used to run with friends who named theirs after monsters from the godzilla movies after changing to PC servers from 360 I liked the way I made the character look so I broughtem to PC.

Magnus Lee Neuman Acrotecher Named after the Main Vampire from the first Vampire Hunter D movie.

And Last is a character with my own nickname of Hatemachine A cast I have yet to designate a class to but leaning towards Gunmaster cause I love shotguns and the name came from people amazed at how much hate I can generate towards just about everything in existance at the drop of a hat but only for a chuckle not really angry at everything people just find hate and pure malice funny sometimes and it comes easily to me.

Psychobunni3s
May 24, 2009, 08:22 AM
BluBell-First character. I named her that because I've always been fond of the color blue. The bell came after I was looking around my room and spotted my teddy with the bell around his neck ^^;

Draggoon
May 25, 2009, 07:49 PM
I used to name my characters after Greek gods depending on their class.

Ex:

HUcast = Ares
FOnewearl = Athena

Seere LaBeyken
May 26, 2009, 09:12 PM
I try to name my characters after my self but started to get bored giving them my name so i started using acronyms of my name for them (try rearranging Seere Labeyken to get my real name :))

The Iron Chef only came about because I <3 the funny weapons in PSU

imma probably do a John Mayer or something when the guitar sabers comes out to go with t

Seere LaBeyken
May 26, 2009, 09:13 PM
I try to name my characters after my self but started to get bored giving them my name so i started using acronyms of my name for them (try rearranging Seere Labeyken to get my real name :))

The Iron Chef only came about because I <3 the funny weapons in PSU

imma probably do a John Mayer or something when the guitar sabers comes out to go with the death song

Ruru
May 27, 2009, 02:18 PM
all my characters are named after myself except for one.

Cocoruru: two of my nicknames, coco i was called by a friend when i first moved to america. and ruru is a nickname my mom calls me.

Runa: my real name.

Ruru: see above

Asuka: is the only exception, but asuka is opposite of luna(runa) as asuka is light so i named one of my characters that.