PDA

View Full Version : What did you name your PM(s)?

stukasa
May 20, 2009, 03:25 PM
I got the idea from Mizari's "How did you name your character(s)?" (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=164271) thread. I thought it would be interesting to see what (and why) people named their Partner Machines!

Here are mine:

Zefiris is Stukasa's PM, a pure striking type (GH-414). She's named after one of my friend's online nicks, which in turn comes from a character from the anime series "Scrapped Princess."

Kurumi is Aki's PM, a pure range type (GH-434). Her name comes from the anime "Steel Angel Kurumi." I chose it because she's a CAST (steel) with little wings (angel). Pretty simple, huh? :p

Rio is Stukasa-chan's PM, a pure tech type (GH-450). She's named after my cat. :cat:

Devi is Akasha's PM, a pure armor type (GH-440). Like her master, her name is rooted in Hinduism and means "Goddess." I chose that name so she could watch over me (protect me during missions) and bring me good fortune (good synthing success). XD

hyperacute
May 20, 2009, 03:34 PM
Red Savina, Naga Jolokia and Habanero are all named after chili plants. diPPy is my other half's nickname but with added weird capitalisation just to match my weird naming conventions.

Juno's PM used to be called Reactor. Geeky band reference there :wacko:

NDW
May 20, 2009, 03:45 PM
I decided to name my GH 450s "Natalie" since that sounds like the female version of my name, Nathan. When I had these PMs in the past, my GH 480 was named "Ask Jeeves" and my GH 490 was named "Clifford".

Afro Thunder
May 20, 2009, 03:48 PM
Named mine Pete. Not that original but it works.

Elite Hippie
May 20, 2009, 03:49 PM
I named mine what it loves the most "Okiku"

Kylie
May 20, 2009, 03:51 PM
Kylie's is Mikami (490), named after a Death Note character.

Elle's is Alyssa (413), named after my favorite Outbreak character.

Libra's is Takeda Ayumi (453). It used to be my main's PM's name, but when my main got a male PM, I gave this name to Libra's PM because it was too special for me to retire. I named it after one of my friends.

Stud's is Muffin (470). This one was just for fun. :-P

Rust
May 20, 2009, 03:53 PM
Juno's PM used to be called Reactor. Geeky band reference there :wacko:

ROFL, Juno Reactor. Good one. :wacko:

Well, most of my PM's didn't reach their full evolution yet, so they have temporary names.

Two of them are named Blue Ball, because they are blue balls, and the other one is the metallic angel PM evolution, so I called him SID Icarus (very nerdy triple reference here).

My beast PM's is called Erzbeth, which is the name of a NPC in my current D&D campaign (or rather she was, she got killed). The use of lightning magic and the maniacal laughters were quite close to the original one.

Rust's PM went through various appearances and names, such as Panzerschrek (shotgun PM), FanService (maid), NekoMimi Mode (catgirl/gypsie), Asahina Mikuru (range PM, because the one I had selected kinda looked like her) or Reisen Udongein Inaba (bunnygirl) ; but I ended setting it back to 0 because I wasn't satisfied with its stats (was kinda upped a bit in everything), so now it's back to SID Icarus.

Currently working on the three last PM evolution, and their names have already been chosen.

For the shota/young boy, Happy Rotter. Naming him like that because he uses magic, and guessing from which caracter I'm getting my inspiration isn't very difficult.
For the hippo/whatever, Fat and Furious. Again, a stupid pun (I'm a stupid pun lover). Nothing to do with cars here, but he is fat, and quite aggressive, so yeah.
And for the butler, Conan stole my bagpipe. This one would be too long to explain, but it has to do with the fact I find the butler to look kinda scottish (don't ask me why).

Trey_Winters
May 20, 2009, 04:05 PM
Trey Winters' PM Vanora (GH451): Vanora in old Welsh/Scottish means "white wave", which I figured could work with both my characters last name and the fact that she heals, plus the letter V, which I like for some reason.

Vanessa Frost's PM Gabrielle (GH433): Originally named while she was a GH431, I thought she looked like a bookworm, so I wanted to give her what I considered to be a name worthy of one (maybe Gabrielle Carteris from 90210 fame gave me the idea, I dunno). When I changed her to a GH433, I decided to keep the name, 'cause it had grown on me.

Cheyenne Noir's PM Nightshade (GH413): Character is all dressed in black, so I wanted a character both named and dressed the same.

Dragonfly's PM Damselfly (GH453): Feminine version of Dragonfly's name, and a PM just as green as he is.

Yueri
May 20, 2009, 04:10 PM
I named my PM (GH-450) Churel after the one of my favorite MAGs form PSO - Churel. They got the same colors!

Grand, eh?

Ryno
May 20, 2009, 04:13 PM
GH 442

I named it GH 442 because it's the name of that PM.

also
1. Becuase of it's SUV
2. Becuase sometimes can heal
3. and attack and shoot.

Pike (2* GRM Spear) - Dus Daggas
Hirokteri (10* Yohmei Bow) - Masei-sou
Bulletmaster (7* GRM Twin Handguns) - Twin Rising
Batonara (3* Yohmei Wand) - Resta
Sturm Buster

Lunairetic
May 20, 2009, 04:14 PM
Serra - Soniti - My favorite Mag in PSO, so it fit being that Serra was my name in PSO.
Aundrea - Amanomurakumo - The name of a legendary sword, said to have been swallowed by a giant serpent in Japanese mythology. Aundrea is a character of mine in a novel I'm writing and that's the sword she uses.

My other two character's PMs I forget so I'll update this when I get home.

Powder Keg
May 20, 2009, 04:20 PM
Mine was named "Useless" because it failed a lot of synths early on in the game. I once failed multiple A-ranks in one day (like 7/9 before AOI) and I named it "I fucking SUCK!" for a while.

Anduril
May 20, 2009, 04:47 PM
I just picked names that I kinda liked for my PMs.
Noland's PM: Michelle
Kayla's PM: Sara
Keighlah's PM: Eva
Kailah's PM: Sharon

Mimo
May 20, 2009, 04:55 PM
Striking pm is named Margarita, fits nicely since shes the maid looking pm in black that looks like she hands out drinks. Reminds me of those old western dancers in the saloons `w`

My main has the Dog pm, but at first i thought it was a hippo >.< so i thought of hip hop, so i just called him Hops.

Range pm is now the blonde haired one with the life tube thingy around the waist, her name is Sherry.

My tech pm is named Soma, i actually got that from a book named "brave world" where people would take these pills called soma. Thought it made sense since they both have force in common.

Triple_S
May 20, 2009, 05:12 PM
I name mine something different every time it changes.

First it was "Floating... Thing." Then it evolved and I changed it to "It Has Arms Now."

Currently it's at the 50+ form, and I named it "Dragoon."

Halcyote
May 20, 2009, 05:41 PM
GH470 - Tsukasa - Named it after Tsukasa from .hack//Sign
GH433 - El - I just wanted a cute little name for it, and I thought El fit the ticket.
GH441 - Yoko - Named it after Yoko from Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, mainly because of her red hair.

Mike_Tizzle
May 20, 2009, 06:06 PM
Mine all are named from the anime Tenchi Muyo

Ayeka is my 450
Sasami is my 413
Washu is my 442
Kiyone is my 440

joefro
May 20, 2009, 06:27 PM
Serenade (the brunette beach one) - I got the name from Eternal Sonata. That's the only PM name that I remember.

pinkace
May 20, 2009, 06:43 PM
Australopithecus

Mizari
May 20, 2009, 07:22 PM
LOL, I only bothered to re-name the PMs of my mains...I should really get around to the other two one of these days...

Anyway, my melee PM is named JOOL*E (the acronym means nothing, it's just a take on WALL*E with a girl's name).

My armor PM (who lives in Laika Zond's room) is named Ivan Ivanovich. This is another one for the space history buffs: "Ivan Ivanovich" was a dummy cosmonaut used by the USSR on test flights of their Vostok spacecraft before actual cosmonauts were launched:

http://www.astronautix.com/astros/ivaovich.htm

I haven't yet leveled Ivan up to the point where "he" starts to look like a little female robot, but when I do, I will probably re-name him Sally Ride :-D

Ethateral
May 20, 2009, 09:12 PM
Ethateral's is Illkamasia because Illkamasia is a power that a vampiric mercenary has from my story. Bends the will of the mind of it's foe.
Verik's is Cain because Cain and Verik are intertwined in my story and Verik helps Cain understand is dark past that deludes him.
Nephtys' is Allkumekia because Allkumekia is the name of one of the God's in my story.
Alexa's is Clorus because they're lovers in a story from a long time ago with an old friend.

Everyone one of my characters are from stories, except Nephtys. I got her's from reading a story when I was in high school. I can't remember now. :/

neilp4453
May 20, 2009, 09:15 PM
I know I named them all based on my two cars (G37 and RX-eight).

Bushido808
May 20, 2009, 09:18 PM
my bots name is a physco wand failure bot!!!!! lol jk its amy but she did fail...an epic fail

pikachief
May 20, 2009, 09:59 PM
VOLTRON has- Pusghetti(nickname my friend gave me a while back lol)

Kitty has-BaconCheezeBurger

Serenity has- Jr.BaconCheezBurgar

and Valcona has- Ikanhazchezburgar?

lol ^^

Sinue_v2
May 20, 2009, 10:14 PM
My PMs are named after classic Phantasy Star towns.

Neika's PM: Piata (PSIV's "City of Learning")

Arisa's PM: Zosa (Desolian town in PSII & PSIV)

NM-3084's PM: Scion (Palman port town from PSI)

Lyle's PM: Abion (Palman town of PSI where Dr. Mad resides)

Pwincess
May 20, 2009, 10:29 PM
He was named Jacob based on the character from Twilight. <3

VectormanX
May 20, 2009, 10:30 PM
I have a GH 451 named Karin , GH 412 named May , GH 461 named Mika and a GH 432 named Kula Diamond. I want my GH463 already, tired of waiting ._.

I got their names from various fighting games.

tadtwisted
May 20, 2009, 10:39 PM
Locutus of borg has 7 of 9 (ex432)

Queen-Bee has Worker-Bee (ex452)

Lucian has Lycan (ex470)

Xena has Gabrielle (ex422)

I like those because they heal a great deal and they have the Sturm Buster SUV which is nice when they decide to use it, but they have a tendency to use them when there are no mobs around :(

the ex470 has the healing wings and hes useless but hes the one of the 2 guy robots and everybody has the butler (i dont consider they dog a boy or girl its a dog)

MasterSpark
May 21, 2009, 02:13 AM
I've got two PM's running at this time, one named Lou Bou and another named Lou Ling Qi, both derived from my appreciation of the Dynasty series. :)

WHlTEKNIGHT
May 21, 2009, 03:58 AM
All of mine are called Nubzilla, because it is better in a party than 90% of the player base

SabZero
May 21, 2009, 04:41 AM
All my partner machines are named after the main characters of the movie TRON (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tron_(film)) (spoilers in that link). Go see it, it's a piece of art (the making of makes that more clear then the movie itself, but it's quite nice without it).

Main, human female: CLU (butler PM) - that was the program Flynn wrote to find his source code in the corporation ENCOM, that stole it from him.

CAST female: TRON (442) - the program that names the movie (no spoilers).

Beast female: YORI (424) - program written by Dr. Lora Baines.

Newman male: SARK (454) - program written by Ed Dillinger, the CEO of ENCOM, the master control programs second in command.

IrisForscythe
May 21, 2009, 05:14 AM
Iris Forscythe: X-ATM092. Giant Spider mech from FF8
Setsuna: Yuunagi. Her sword from Negima
Takamachi Nanoha: Raising Heart. Her weapon
Youmu: Myon her ghost.

Phaesphora
May 21, 2009, 06:31 AM
Sedna {GH 432} : named more for the planetoid than the goddess
Domina {GH 441} : basic latin
Meltlan {GH 411} : race of giant female warriors akin to the Zentraedi
Dawt {GH 101} : it's a small red ball, so I picked something diminutive

Calsetes
May 21, 2009, 09:31 AM
I have one that's named Josette, she's my main's PM. She's the pure melee one wearing a pink dress with brown hair (forget which series and model she is). She's named after a certain Enix game character that was in a game never released in the US (but would have been AWESOME if it was...)

Another is named So-Chan (although she might be named So Chan now, forget if they still allow hyphens or not). She's Nuku Nuku's partner machine, and taken from the series of the same name (it's a mobile support mecha her designer made for her, but forgot to make the joints movable).

I'm drawing a blank on my other two PM's right now, but I know I made one named XPR-571 or something along those lines. XPR for Experimental Prototype Robot, and 571 because of the SR-71 Blackbird. I actually liked the name so much I use a variant of it in some other games I play, for robot-style characters. I think I might have made my last one Key, again from an anime.

Neith
May 21, 2009, 11:27 AM
Ardjet is Neith's PM. Again, linked to Zone of the Enders (Ardjet is the first mech boss you fight in ZoE2).

Iris is Terra's PM. Honestly, I just liked the name; I didn't necessarily pull it from anywhere.

Nephitis is Shiori's PM. Again, Zone of the Enders. Nephitis is an enemy mech in ZoE2, linked to Neith.

Eve is Teika's PM. I wanted a name that correllated with creation, since Teika herself is meant to be the first mostly-successful creation of a hybrid-Newman (She's not meant to be entirely Newman DNA; I'm still writing the backstory completely, but there's a reason she blacks out all the time). To fit with the whole 'creation' theme, I figured Eve suited the PM's name well. And no, I'm not religious at all :lol:

Shivah
May 21, 2009, 01:01 PM
Mines are: Sange, Yasha, Guldmilla and Heavenpunisher, like PSO's (now, PSU's) weaps.

XenithFlare
May 21, 2009, 08:00 PM
My PMs have always been named "JailBait Loli," which came from one of the members here using the phrase in reference to his PM. XD

On my second account, I used "JailBait Loli V.2" on my beast character, and when I turned her into the butler, I changed the name to "JailBait ManLoli" XD

For PSP though, my dog PM is named "Nyx," cause that's my beagle's name lol I've been so tempted to get him a Rappy backpack, you have no idea...

autumn
May 22, 2009, 08:48 AM
He was named Jacob based on the character from Twilight. <3

>_______________________________________________>

On Topic
My one PM, Evil Mikumiko, got her name because she was raised on nothing but mikumiko outfits.

Arada
May 22, 2009, 08:51 AM
Mine are called: "Strike PM", "Armor PM", "Range PM" and 'Tech PM".

Because I can never remember what they do. :D

gratefulgriz
May 22, 2009, 09:48 AM
My PM's names are Valentine and ImHotYourNot

Delete
May 22, 2009, 10:36 AM
Ive Renamed my PM soo many times. I guess it depends on my mood To be honest.
Heres a quick list of some names.

Red / Nothing---------- This is when I could not find me a Red / anything. (never did see one drop)
/l/<><>13---------- A very unique way of spelling Noob.
Failed2Sranks-----------Duh
DeathVirus----------- I dunno, sounds Cool
Electrode-------------.............ummmmmm yeah.......about this one.....

Transgamergurl
May 22, 2009, 10:37 AM
My PM names aren't to orignal but are as follows:
Jenn's PM: Bridget, its the 470 and reminded me of the charactor bridget from guilty gear. Plus it seems to fit a person like me lol

Samus PM: Samus-X, its the evil version of samus and just dies alot kinda like the real one. ^^

Evil Jenn's PM: Good Jenn, again sorta an alter ego for my charactor

Kid Jenn's PM: Power Pannon, not really anything special other than i love Pannons! and adding the word power before it well, that just makes it Epic!

Musekaze
May 22, 2009, 10:37 AM
My main's PM is xxxxxxxxx because I couldn't think of a good name. Though when I raise it and get it to the dog/magashi PM I'll probably name it Anduriel. Why? Because it's the name of a fallen angel of superior badassness. That's why.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
May 22, 2009, 10:52 AM
For Carmilla's PM I named her "Yamaxanadu". As for Reimu's I'm not so sure. It's proabably gonna be "Miriam".

Sinuhé
May 22, 2009, 11:15 AM
Sinuhé's PM - Nephtys: Sinuhé's supposed to be an egyptian name, so i named his PM after one of ancient egypt goddesses. Also because that's the name of an orbital Frame from Zone of the Enders

Shinko
May 22, 2009, 11:16 AM
My PM with Scarlin is name Roll Caskett from Megaman Legends (she's my fav. video game character. thats also one of my fav. games)

The other 2 PMs are named after my created characters.

Sexy_Raine
May 22, 2009, 11:19 AM
All PM's under me have the same name since I started.

MY PM name(Raine) ->Orion.

I really dislike how one of the Uni's name was changed to Orion. I had this name on my PM since 2006. I like the name, and refuse to change it.

Nova's PM name -> SuperNova

Wanted something fitting for Nova and this fits very well with PSU's futuristic theme.

Da ANA's PM -> ANALbot

Makes sense for a disturbing Cast like ANA to have a PM disturbing name. O_o
For those who enter ANA's shop, prepare for some creppy comments by ANALbot, and yes it's the little boy PM.

Dragwind
May 22, 2009, 01:48 PM
All of my PMs were given random names, except for one. That exception was given the name of a male newman I once had and deleted to make a female newman in its place. So I resurrected him as PM I guess you could say. Poor male newman. :wacko:

Fox2Tails
May 23, 2009, 07:28 PM
All my PMs have one thing in common, I'm sure you can guess what it is XD [though the last one is added to continue the line]

Tornado I: A Pure ranged 434 for Hyerion Fox
Tornado II: Haven't gotten around to feeding this one yet, gonna be a Pure TECH for Miyua Tamoura
X Tornado: A Pure Melee 411 for Kailey
Tornado EX: A Pure Armour 4xx for Zepamn Fox

XeoFLCL
May 24, 2009, 12:48 AM
I named Dita's PM...

WHERES MY STEAK?!

Inside joke.

TRAGiiC
May 24, 2009, 12:52 AM
i named mine after my nickname and favorite things

Pob
May 24, 2009, 12:50 PM
Cynthia

A bad pun :)

BIGGIEstyle
May 24, 2009, 01:20 PM
Taren's PM is Trisha Talorien. Taren is a female character from one of my tabletop campaigns who began crossdressing as a man to hide from an assassin group that wanted her dead. Trisha Talorien was her real name, and since her PM is a very cute and girly looking bot I figured it worked well.

BIGGIE's PM has been through various stages of evolution and has finally stopped at Lolibot ver4.0. She's a loli robot.... hence lolibot.

Raul is another character from one of my old game campaigns and his PM is named after the princess he eventually marries.

Eglias's PM is a humorous one. Eglias is an old NPC from a game campaign who ended up becoming a demon. Once he became a demon he was granted the ability to create small clones of himself (much akin to Cell jrs in DBZ). These clones were humorously dubbed Egliai (pronounced Ehg-lee-aye) after one of my players asked "If multiple octopusses are octopi are multiple egliases egliai?" So his PM is named Egliai.

Libram
May 25, 2009, 05:14 AM
None of my PM's names match the thought behind my character's names. I just picked something simple and cute for them all, and it's a running theme. Bu, Su, Mu, and Pu, not necessarily in that order.

lantis-zagato
May 25, 2009, 11:59 AM
My original character's PM was named Kimmi-chan because my girlfriend wanted to name her that. After that came kimmi-chan 2.0, 3.0, and 4.0 because she refused to allow me to change the name. It's all good though. At least she has some sort of connection to the game she generally hates.