PDA

View Full Version : PA rebalances on supplement update

hunterseifer
May 24, 2009, 08:14 PM
Earlier today I was looking through psupedia and came across this by accident of all things, and might as well post it since it would give a good idea of what changes to pa's, and some suv's as well. I havent seen a thread of this yet so might as well make one,also tried editing it alittle so its easier to find certain weps pa's to look for w/o poking your eye's out XD

SUV weapon adjustments
New S-rank SUV weapons will be added: (Hegel Burst) and (Rafal Burst).
Ascension Gift will receive a large power increase to its Rappy and 16t weight attacks.
Paradi Cataract will receive a reduction to its power and range.

Photon art adjustments
All longbow bullets will receive increased firing rate and attack power. Furthermore, all LV41+ longbow bullets inflict LV5 status effects.
All grenade photon arts will receive a reduction in PP cost. At LV41+, all grenades will have increased accuracy.
Anga Jabroga's accuracy modifier will be removed. From here on, its accuracy will depend solely on the player's ATA.
The following table lists the adjustments made to each skill (where applicable).

Category, Skill name, Adjustments
Swords
Gravity Break Second and third attacks hit only one target. Attack power increased, PP cost reduced.
Spinning Break Attack power of the first attack increased.
Tornado Break Power increased overall.
Knuckles
Bogga Danga --
Ikk Hikk --
Bogga Zubba PP cost reduced.
Bogga Robado Power of second and third attacks increased.
Spears
Dus Daggas Power of second and third attacks increased.
Dus Majarra PP cost increased. Power of second attack reduced.
Dus Robado Power increased overall.
Double sabers
Spiral Dance Power of second and third attacks increased.
Absolute Dance Power of third attack increased.
Tornado Dance Mobility decreased.
Gravity Dance Power of third attack increased.
Axes
Anga Redda Power of second attack increased.
Anga Dugrega --
Anga Jabroga User's ATA determines accuracy.
Twin sabers
Splendor Crush Power increased overall.
Assault Crush PP cost reduced. Power of third attack increased.
Cross Hurricane PP cost reduced. Power of third attack increased.
Rising Crush Power of first and third attacks increased.
Twin daggers
Moubu Seiren-zan --
Renga Chujin-shou PP cost reduced. Power increased overall.
Renkai Buyou-zan --
Hishou Jinren-zan PP cost reduced. Power increased overall.
Twin claws
Bukuu Rensen-ga PP cost reduced.
Renzan Seidan-ga PP cost reduced. Power of third attack increased.
Chuei Jitotsushin Power of third attack increased. Overall target count increased by one.
Rensan Senshou-ga PP cost reduced. Power of second attack increased.
Sabers
Gravity Strike PP cost reduced. Power increased overall.
Spinning Strike Power increased overall.
Rising Strike Power increased overall.
Daggers
Buten Shuren-zan --
Hikai Shuha-zan PP cost reduced. Power of first attack increased.
Shunbu Shouren-zan PP cost reduced.
Claws
Shousen Totsuzan-ga PP cost reduced. Power increased overall.
Senten Kanzan-ga PP cost reduced. Power increased overall.
Bukuu Saien-zan PP cost reduced. Power of second attack increased.
Whips
Vivi Danga Power of second attack increased.
Visshi Grudda Power of second attack increased.
Slicers Choutou Kantsu-jin Power increased overall.
Chikki Kyoren-jin --

The following table explains the adjustments made to each bullet listed. Category, Bullet name, Adjustments
Rifles
Killer Shot PP cost reduced.
Shotguns
Barada Chamga Power increased.
Longbows
Chousei-sou PP cost reduced.
Masei-sou Power increased.
Grenades
Boma Maga Number of targets increased by one at LV41+.
Laser cannons
Phantasm Prism PP cost reduced.
Mayalee Prism PP cost reduced.
Twin handguns
Twin Penetration PP cost reduced. At LV41+, range is decreased, but power is increased.
Twin Mayalee PP cost reduced.
Handguns
Mayalee Hit PP cost reduced.
Cards Kyumeisei-shiki PP cost reduced.
Machineguns Mayalee Fury PP cost reduced.

The following table explains the adjustments made to each TECHNIC listed.
Element, TECHNIC name, Adjustments
Fire
Foie Status effect level increased. At LV41+, can hit two adjacent targets.
Gifoie Power, status effect level and casting speed increased.
Ice
Barta Status effect level increased.
Gibarta Power, status effect level and casting speed increased.
Lightning
Zonde Status effect level increased.
Gizonde Power, status effect level and casting speed increased.
Ground
Diga Status effect level increased. At LV41+, can hit two adjacent targets.
Radiga Poison status effect added.
Gidiga Power and casting speed increased. Silence status effect added.

Would like to hear everyone's opinnion on this, since most of it is beneficial to everyone. I wasnt surprised much when I heard they were going to nerf majarra, but they are only lowering the dmg on 2nd attack lol, not to mention increasing alot of FM skills so there worth using again :-) but reading spiral dance getting a overall increase.... overpowered as is(new majarra lolz).
Was alittle freaked on grav break being completely changed, I would want to know the power increase to that skill, and tornado dance losing mobility but if you have frame skip option i'm sure it'll go far as it is on ps2 atm anyway. And jabroga, eh 7/10 hits f4rom one attack isnt bad ^^;

ashley50
May 24, 2009, 08:32 PM
I believe most who visits PSOW saw this already when JP servers got this update.

hunterseifer
May 24, 2009, 08:39 PM
I believe most who visits PSOW saw this already when JP servers got this update.
Eh, well this is for anyone who hasnt seen it, (like me for example and some friends lol) and this is the first time I seen it w/o the "majarra nerf,jabroga miss everything" type of stuff, which isnt accurate

sovalou
May 24, 2009, 08:42 PM

lol its better than reading 7+ pages of info just to find this information. So for the casual forum reader this isn't a bad approach. I appreciate the effort ^_-

hunterseifer
May 24, 2009, 08:59 PM
lol its better than reading 7+ pages of info just to find this information. So for the casual forum reader this isn't a bad approach. I appreciate the effort ^_- Thank you! :-D

thunder-ray
May 24, 2009, 09:19 PM
Awesome radiga and gidiga are finally getting a status effect :). It kinda annoyed me that they never got one but thats cool. Im actually a bit pissed that they are nerfing gravity break though, I really like that pa :(.

Criss
May 25, 2009, 12:46 AM
That was posted in the original Supp Update thread, but scattered throughout the 20+ pages. So posting it here again isn't such a bad thing.

But the one thing that really bugs me is that there's no change or addition to nanoblasts whatsoever. Those we have are from the very beginning of PSU v1, and are way outdated. A high level beast with good PAs will outdamage his nanoblast without sacrificing the use of items.

MasterSpark
May 25, 2009, 01:02 AM
I do like what I see here but I'm a bit confused with the notes for Tornado Dance. "Mobility decreased"? Are they referring to the distance travelled and if so, how much do you reckon they'll decrease it?

Thanks again for writing this up, I'm one of those who hadn't seen any of it before. :)

Dragwind
May 25, 2009, 01:46 AM
There is a "Search this Thread" function too you know guys ;o

It helps finding particular info in a thread you want much faster so you don't need to browse through tons of pages.

Either way, this should be a pretty interesting update. It's nice to see the information organized into a list format too, makes it easier to read.

stormtrooperx
May 25, 2009, 02:00 AM
Lol this isn't going to happen for at lease another year or longer than that. Hunter get with the time this was news 2 months ago lmao

Chuck_Norris
May 25, 2009, 02:23 AM
I personally find it bullshit that most PA's get an attack boost, while Anga Dugrega gets jack.

Mysterious-G
May 25, 2009, 02:38 AM
I personally find it bullshit that people still want stronger PAs.

Arika
May 25, 2009, 02:57 AM
I personally find it bullshit that the enemy still lv 150.

I hope ice break will make it 200.

landman
May 25, 2009, 03:09 AM
I want to see Jabroga in a group of Deljabans, just to see the user cry and whine lol

DarthLasek
May 25, 2009, 04:53 AM
pointless update ....I am tired of ST just making the game easier and easier and easier

but don't get me wrong...good post

hunterseifer
May 25, 2009, 06:51 PM
Lol this isn't going to happen for at lease another year or longer than that. Hunter get with the time this was news 2 months ago lmao

If you read other posts on this thread, ppl are interested in it, and like others say its easier to read instead of going through a ton of pages to find even a spec of info about a pa let alone all of it at once. I wanted to make it easier for everyone instead of wasting time sorting through 20+ pages of talking about one pa potentially getting "nerfed" and whatnot

neilp4453
May 25, 2009, 07:49 PM
pointless update ....I am tired of ST just making the game easier and easier and easier

but don't get me wrong...good post

Well from glancing over the striking PAs, this is a needed update.

They don't seem to improve the ones that are already powerful, but they are souping up the ones that soloists just don't find useful to use.

This will increase the variety of PAs that everyone in general will use. I am an advocate of this.

Touka
May 25, 2009, 08:35 PM

I find it bullshit that they boost PA's that didn't need boosting and didn't boost the ones that needed boosting(like Booga Danga).

LuigiMario
May 26, 2009, 08:16 AM
Spiral Dance was NEVER overpowered. You're dreaming if you think you can always connect with the last combo.

Deal with it.

There is a "Search this Thread" function too you know guys ;o

It helps finding particular info in a thread you want much faster so you don't need to browse through tons of pages.

Either way, this should be a pretty interesting update. It's nice to see the information organized into a list format too, makes it easier to read.

And what exactly are they searching for in that thread? They do not know the first thing to type.

Calsetes
May 26, 2009, 10:06 AM
I agree, having all this information condensed into one post here is extremely helpful, as opposed to 30 or 40 pages of trickled-out information. Maybe when we do get the update on the non-JP PC/PS2 servers, we can have this thread, a thread about the AXP and AMP system, and maybe a third thread about the newer weapons introduced and all compiled into a guide (or possibly even all three in one thread, all right at the top as the first 4 or 5 posts).

Searching is useful, but when you search for something like "Majarra" "PA" "Rebalanced," it's probably going to show you every single post where people debate how it should or shouldn't be rebalanced, and the two posts where they say "This is exactly what happened to it with this update, which went live on this date." Same thing with the other heavily-debated stuff.

Darius_Drake
May 26, 2009, 10:08 AM
Would have preferred they leave Paradi Cataract alone, but whatever. My cast will still live.

Sexy_Raine
May 26, 2009, 12:41 PM
More BS catering to hunter types, the whole reason why I quit techer. Hopefully gunner types will still put melee to shame in terms of speed and usefulness. I'm glad no bullets are getting nerfed.

DreXxiN
May 26, 2009, 01:15 PM
Hopefully gunner types will still put melee to shame in terms of speed and usefulness.

lolzz

Akaimizu
May 26, 2009, 01:17 PM
Bullets aren't getting nerfed, and it seems they're doing some of what needs to happen to them. More work to go, but it's a start. (Not necessarily talking about beefing up bullet stuff that's already strong, but the ones that seriously needed rebalancing). The Longbows is a definite start, though of course I want to see their performance for myself before passing judgement.

I'm glad they are actually *looking* at Ult PAs. Whether they did good by them or not is one thing, but I'm glad they actually are starting to look at certain Ult PAs which have lost their usefulness.

stukasa
May 26, 2009, 01:32 PM

I personally find it bullshit that the enemy still lv 150.

I hope ice break will make it 200.

I personally find it bullshit that most PA's get an attack boost, while Anga Dugrega gets jack.
I agree with all of the above statements. I mean sure it's fun to do more damage but the game is easy enough already! Rather than balancing PAs by making the weak ones stronger, ST should just make the strong ones weaker (well they DID nerf Majarra and Jabroga but almost every other PA they listed is getting an attack boost). Or even better, add a monster HP scaling system: the more players in the party, the more HP the enemies have. If ST was really clever they could make the monsters stronger and faster too, but I wouldn't expect that much from them. :p

More BS catering to hunter types, the whole reason why I quit techer. Hopefully gunner types will still put melee to shame in terms of speed and usefulness. I'm glad no bullets are getting nerfed.
There's actually a whole section there on upgrades to techs, especially Gi-techs. Techers still won't be as strong as fighters but it would be unfair to say they aren't getting anything in this update.

Zyrusticae
May 26, 2009, 01:39 PM
I find it bullshit that they boost PA's that didn't need boosting and didn't boost the ones that needed boosting(like Booga Danga).
Bogga Danga needs boosting? What? Really?!

If either of the first two combos got a boost it'd be totally, totally overpowered - I mean, really, the third combo does obscene damage. It's one of my favorite combos to spam on those Svaltuses. The only attack that does as much damage to as many targets (3x2, 410%!) is Rensan Senshou-ga, which is a twin claw fragment art, hence it's going to be superior by design.

More BS catering to hunter types, the whole reason why I quit techer. Hopefully gunner types will still put melee to shame in terms of speed and usefulness. I'm glad no bullets are getting nerfed.Um, all techer classes got stat boosts besides the status effects. Meanwhile, pure fighter-types got zero stat boosts (except for Acrofighters, for some reason). The melee PA buffs affect everyone who can use skills (which is, y'know, everyone except MF and GM).

And yes, gunner types are still OPed. GM even got an ATP boost(?!).

Sexy_Raine
May 26, 2009, 01:59 PM
Techer boost still fails because the other 2 fighting style will still be better in the end. The only way techer would ever be on par with gunner/fighter is for it to have offense techs of every possible situation, esp. light techs. Until then Segduh can kiss my ass for treating techer like crap for so long, they're going to have to do a lot more for me to forgive FT/MF.

Um, all techer classes got stat boosts besides the status effects. Meanwhile, pure fighter-types got zero stat boosts (except for Acrofighters, for some reason). The melee PA buffs affect everyone who can use skills (which is, y'know, everyone except MF and GM).

And yes, gunner types are still OPed. GM even got an ATP boost(?!).

Um, no. GM doesn't need to be nerfed. They're fine they way they are.

Zyrusticae
May 26, 2009, 02:21 PM
They didn't need to be buffed, either.

S'all I'm sayin'.

Karyudo
May 26, 2009, 02:32 PM
One of the updates included with this seems off to me so if anyone could fill me in i would appreciate it. This update post states that lvl 41+ bow bullets will receive SE5, but how is this possible if gunmaster is the only class with lvl 41+ bullets and is unable to use bows? Is there a types update included with this? if so i would appreciate a link to where that information would be located.

Ceresa
May 26, 2009, 02:49 PM
Techer boost still fails because the other 2 fighting style will still better in the end. The only way techer would ever be on par with gunner/fighter is for it to have offense techs of every possible situation, esp. light techs. Until then Segduh can kiss my ass for treating techer like crap for so long, they're going to have to do a lot more for me to forgive FT/MF.

My my, you've become so down on MF! It's somewhat depressing to see someone lose the faith.

In any case,

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l218/aerawnt/gigrants.jpg

Even GM with LVL50 Light Lazer and Adahna 10/10 tops out at 2700 with similar lvl buffs.

I'll take circular PBAE over thin laser that fails in large party sizes or any party composition that's not multiple line attack users really, and can still hit 0 on deljaban in the only missions worth running. Of course I'd enjoy Light techs too, but whatever, no longer an obstacle.

Calsetes
May 26, 2009, 02:58 PM
It's part of the big supplemental update they did in Japan back in March. They made it so some classes could boost the maximum level of certain PAs - I.E. you can make a Fortefighter with level 50 Twin Saber PAs, a Fortegunner with level 30 Spear PAs, a Wartecher with level 40 buffs, etc. That way, any class could (theoretically) get up to level 50 with a set PA, and not be restricted to master types. Unfortunately, the amount needed to do it, and the amount you can have max, means you could only do it with one or two weapons (and you can reverse it, you just need more points to spend in other things, then).

Don't worry though, since we won't see this for another 6 months to a year. This is just a heads-up.

Edit: Look in General Discussion for a topic named "Supplemental Update: March (I think it's 27th, could be wrong though)", that will have all your info you want in it (but might cause knowledge indigestion, due to the sheer bulk of posts in it and how the info was trickled out).

Ezodagrom
May 26, 2009, 02:59 PM
Um, all techer classes got stat boosts besides the status effects.
Not all techers.
FT only got a really small evasion boost. >.>; (even though it's still a stat boost, it's not a good one compared to other classes)
Now MF has more TP than FT while also being quicker...

Zyrusticae
May 26, 2009, 03:13 PM
Not all techers.
FT only got a really small evasion boost. >.>; (even though it's still a stat boost, it's not a good one compared to other classes)

:(

That's just... wha...?

I am utterly bedazzled. Utterly, utterly bedazzled.

panzer_unit
May 26, 2009, 03:25 PM

There's always been a lot less balance among classes for offensive techs than melee or bullet damage... whether it's FO vs HU/RA offline, or FT vs WT/AT, or MF vs FT (PT in Portable) there's just one OMG TECH DAMAGE job and the next best is much farther away than if you compare the best fighters or gunners.

It's the same way for techer weapons too, with the easy rares all being Yohmei they are WEAK SAUCE, and getting a serious Kubara rare is a must-have damage boost.

Katy
May 26, 2009, 04:38 PM
One of the updates included with this seems off to me so if anyone could fill me in i would appreciate it. This update post states that lvl 41+ bow bullets will receive SE5, but how is this possible if gunmaster is the only class with lvl 41+ bullets and is unable to use bows? Is there a types update included with this? if so i would appreciate a link to where that information would be located.

This update also includes PA+ where classes can lvl PA's beyond their normal limit. PA's that are normally capped at level 30/40 for a certain class can use PA+ to push that PA pass that level 30/40 cap. I believe each PA+ only raises the cap by 2 levels. PA+ does not apply to techs if I remember correctly.

Ezodagrom
May 26, 2009, 04:44 PM
This update also includes PA+ where classes can lvl PA's beyond their normal limit. PA's that are normally capped at level 30/40 for a certain class can use PA+ to push that PA pass that level 30/40 cap. I believe each PA+ only raises the cap by 2 levels. PA+ does not apply to techs if I remember correctly.

At first PA+ didn't apply to techs, but recently they added a version of the PA+ for techs. Instead of being a PA+ for each techer weapon, it's for each element though.
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=163147

- Fire TECHNIC LV+
- Ice TECHNIC LV+
- Lightning TECHNIC LV+
- Ground TECHNIC LV+
- Light TECHNIC LV+
- Dark TECHNIC LV+